No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I hate the heat and humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Same! Your AC working? I hope. I have a friend at what has become the apartment complex from hell and her AC (and those of other tenants) hasn’t worked all summer.

Comment

Come to Belgium where the summer is frakkingly depressing at best.

If we weren't depressed already, the weather sure made us depressed.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.... did I mention rain yet?

And tomorrow will be the hottest day of August, after which the temps will fall back to early autumn numbers.

I'm reading reports how this year is the hottest yet, and I'm looking outside and I'm seeing rain, clouds, wetness and temps which barely make it to 20° Celsius and I'm not even convinced.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Right there with you! It SUCKS.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
              Same! Your AC working? I hope. I have a friend at what has become the apartment complex from hell and her AC (and those of other tenants) hasn’t worked all summer.
              Hasn't their landlord done anything? Of course, the way the system works, summer will be over by the time complaints to government agencies are processed. *shakes head*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And tomorrow will be the hottest day of August, after which the temps will fall back to early autumn numbers.

I'm reading reports how this year is the hottest yet, and I'm looking outside and I'm seeing rain, clouds, wetness and temps which barely make it to 20° Celsius and I'm not even convinced.
              I'd gladly take that rain over the heat wave slamming the PNW right now. Made even worse by wildfire smoke. *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Right there with you! It SUCKS.

Hasn't their landlord done anything? Of course, the way the system works, summer will be over by the time complaints to government agencies are processed. *shakes head*

I'd gladly take that rain over the heat wave slamming the PNW right now. Made even worse by wildfire smoke. *shudders*
                The office at her apartment is now unmanned and no one at the management company answers the phone. Red flags everywhere. I told her to call the consumer affairs desk at the local news.

I hope there is some relief from the heat and the fires soon.

Comment

We worked our butts off today, getting the attick in order.
                  It's starting to look like a nice little game room already.

So we decided to watch the Perseid meteor shower. It would spike around 2am so we got cosy... and then the clouds ruined the night. But at least we got one beautiful streak across the horizon AND identified Casseopeia... you know the constellation that's center in the long ago film Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale... anywho... that was that.

It threatened to rain all day. Humidity was above 90% but in the end it didn't.
                  Tomorrow -- today the temp is back down to 24° Celsius, partially clouded. Invited my best friend over for games and a BBQ. I mean, it will be dry and relatively warm (before it'll be cold and wet again). Must take advantage of the moment.

Comment

Yes, my AC is working - thank goodness!! Although once it gets to 90, particularly if it's humid, the AC can barely keep up.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

I actually love rainy weather, so that would work for me!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Yeah, the smoke is going all over the US! Scary stuff.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    So we decided to watch the Perseid meteor shower. It would spike around 2am so we got cosy... and then the clouds ruined the night. But at least we got one beautiful streak across the horizon AND identified Casseopeia... you know the constellation that's center in the long ago film Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale... anywho... that was that.
                    Well, I'm glad you were at least able to see something. My area is too well lit to ever really see much across the sky.

Comment

The office at her apartment is now unmanned and no one at the management company answers the phone. Red flags everywhere. I told her to call the consumer affairs desk at the local news.
                      Ruh oh...

Getting the local news involved is a great idea, that seems to rattle chains like nothing else.

I hope there is some relief from the heat and the fires soon.
                      Me too. The fires won't be going away any time soon, but temperatures are supposed to drop starting Monday. The forecast did show showers Monday-Tuesday, but that seems to have disappeared.

We worked our butts off today, getting the attick in order.
                      It's starting to look like a nice little game room already.

It threatened to rain all day. Humidity was above 90% but in the end it didn't.
                      Tomorrow -- today the temp is back down to 24° Celsius, partially clouded. Invited my best friend over for games and a BBQ. I mean, it will be dry and relatively warm (before it'll be cold and wet again). Must take advantage of the moment.
                      Yay, game room!

Wish we could've seen the Perseids... all the smoke spoiled it here. Maybe next year.

And yay, BBQ! Always seize the moment for good eats. ​​​​​​​

Comment

Oh my goodness. It's almost 7:30pm and it's still at a feel like temp of 91 F (33 C). One more day, and it should go back to normal summer temps.

I'm going to a friend's house who has a pool on Sunday.... the day that the heat is going to go away. Bad timing. Still, it will be sunny so I already bought my sunscreen. My albino skin will be ready.

Comment

BBQ and seeing best friend was nice.

Only not so cool thing today was when I realized I switched the numbers of our housenumber around on my online order thursday and it can't be changed anymore so I can do 1 of 2 things -- take a walk to house number 263 and politely ask them if they can receive my package, or have it be returned to sender because it couldn't be delivered.

I'm going with option A, obviously, and hope the people are OK with receiving my package for me.

It was a stupid mistake that I didn't catch in time.
                          I know, though, to check my numbers cause I'm prone of switching them around.

Comment

Only not so cool thing today was when I realized I switched the numbers of our house number around on my online order thursday and it can't be changed anymore so I can do 1 of 2 things -- take a walk to house number 263 and politely ask them if they can receive my package, or have it be returned to sender because it couldn't be delivered.

I'm going with option A, obviously, and hope the people are OK with receiving my package for me.

Oopsie!! It happens to us all. I had a moment at work recently where I was asked the cost of doing something and I transposed 2 of the numbers. Thankfully I caught it a few seconds after I sent it, but it would have been much nicer if I'd caught it BEFORE I sent it.

Glad you had a good time at the BBQ!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh my goodness. It's almost 7:30pm and it's still at a feel like temp of 91 F (33 C). One more day, and it should go back to normal summer temps.

I'm going to a friend's house who has a pool on Sunday.... the day that the heat is going to go away. Bad timing. Still, it will be sunny so I already bought my sunscreen. My albino skin will be ready.
                              Heh, it's like washing your car, then it rains. Hmm, maybe I should try that and see if it brings us some rain out here...

Only not so cool thing today was when I realized I switched the numbers of our housenumber around on my online order thursday and it can't be changed anymore so I can do 1 of 2 things -- take a walk to house number 263 and politely ask them if they can receive my package, or have it be returned to sender because it couldn't be delivered.

Whoops! Hopefully the neighbors will help you out.

Glad the BBQ was fun!

Comment

263 isn't exactly a neighbor... That's about a 100 meters up the street. However, I walked there over lunch and they weren't home. It's a new house with toys in the garden so I suspect a couple with younger kids. I fear they're on holiday so that'll be a bust.

However, I have submitted a form to the postal service about the mix up BUT monday is a holiday here because of some special day tomorrow (don't know what -- *googles it* -- oh, a religious holiday apparently). I hope to get it fixed next week and otherwise I'll just have to try again.

This is an adventure that begs for a Saga chapter.

Comment

Working...
                                X