No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    There is nothing like feisty grandparents. We joke in my family that the coffee had better be hot in the afterlife or my grandmother is probably be giving someone an never-ending earful.
    She's not wrong...there's nothing like a good hot cup of coffee in the morning.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    My DIL's favorite saying after she learns a new tidbit about our family is "Well that explains a lot." And since Thing 2 is miniSR.Jr, she has her job cut out for her. Thing 1 tends to be more like her family.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      She's not wrong...there's nothing like a good hot cup of coffee in the morning.
      And then your colleague calls and asks if he's interrupting anything, and when he's done 20 minutes later, that hot cuppa has gone cold.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And then your colleague calls and asks if he's interrupting anything, and when he's done 20 minutes later, that hot cuppa has gone cold.
        D'oh!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! USC FINALLY starts their season with a last-minute win over Arizona State 28-27, Virginia Tech fell to Liberty 38-35, Tennessee fell to Arkansas 24-13, and both Air Force and Navy had their games postponed. On to next week!

Comment

Except for Arkansas and Tennessee, those are some decent scores. Looks like Arkansas was in perfect shape.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! USC FINALLY starts their season with a last-minute win over Arizona State 28-27, Virginia Tech fell to Liberty 38-35, Tennessee fell to Arkansas 24-13, and both Air Force and Navy had their games postponed. On to next week!
                Once again I completely forgot football existed. Still pretty okay with it. Saturday was eventful enough without the football I suppose.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Once again I completely forgot football existed. Still pretty okay with it. Saturday was eventful enough without the football I suppose.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Seems appropriate that Screw the Angst Wednesday falls on wine Wednesday at my neighborhood store. After running errands I returned home with three bottles of wine, two bags of Dove dark chocolate with almonds (because...sales), and four library books from my holds list that had arrived at my local branch. Then it started raining. Feels like a grand plan of some sort is coming together.
                      sigpic

Comment

Walked almost 6 miles today (my Garmin stepcounter watch is set to miles not kilometers) and clocked in at 3x my steps for today -- 16,881 steps today.

Decided to take a walk which has a military history with WWI and WWII. Seemed fitting for the 11th of November.

It was a mud-fest but we didn't fall -- a jogger almost did and I almost laughed at his unfortunate slip. Managed not to at the very last second.

Also, just found out our covid "cuddle buddy" ("knuffelcontact" in Dutch) rule apparently made world news.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Seems appropriate that Screw the Angst Wednesday falls on wine Wednesday at my neighborhood store. After running errands I returned home with three bottles of wine, two bags of Dove dark chocolate with almonds (because...sales), and four library books from my holds list that had arrived at my local branch. Then it started raining. Feels like a grand plan of some sort is coming together.
                          Don't you just love it when that happens? Sounds like an awesome weekend is about to happen!

Walked almost 6 miles today (my Garmin stepcounter watch is set to miles not kilometers) and clocked in at 3x my steps for today -- 16,881 steps today.

Decided to take a walk which has a military history with WWI and WWII. Seemed fitting for the 11th of November.

It was a mud-fest but we didn't fall -- a jogger almost did and I almost laughed at his unfortunate slip. Managed not to at the very last second.

Also, just found out our covid "cuddle buddy" ("knuffelcontact" in Dutch) rule apparently made world news.
                          Oooh, nice walk! I need to up my daily total on a more consistent basis. And LOL at the "cuddle buddy" thing.

Comment

Oooh, nice walk!
                            The legs seem to disagree today.

Comment

Six miles is a heck of a walk- go you!

And I need a better news source as I missed this, twice apparently, as I searched it up and it looks like it made a splash back in May as well. Don't think badly of me, but I had quite the laugh I tried to imagine our current stoic and conservative American policy makers drafting such advice, especially when they address polyamorous "knuffelaars" (though I feel badly for any trios negatively impacted there). All that being said, I suspect now when I hear someone casually mention their quarantine teams my mind will go somewhere else for a beat.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Don't you just love it when that happens? Sounds like an awesome weekend is about to happen!
                              Non-fiction. I wasn't paying attention and realized they were all non-fiction holds that came in. Trading the wine for coffee, but yes...the weekend will be lovely. (TN game was cancelled due to covid)
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't think badly of me, but I had quite the laugh I tried to imagine our current stoic and conservative American policy makers drafting such advice, especially when they address polyamorous "knuffelaars" (though I feel badly for any trios negatively impacted there).
                                Trust me on this, the jokes about it are plentiful over here too.

We are like that, us Belgians, laughing with ourselves. It's what we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X