Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
    Oooh the reason I came here!!!

Merlin - Your new fan fic is very cute!!! I'm sure astro will post the link up here some time soon!!
    ack!!! Astro is dumb.....

http://www.livejournal.com/users/astropoet/13557.html

It's great, go and read everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
      *waves to MylesSGC*

I dunno...the more I learn about the Ancients the less I like them!!! But each to his or her own!!
      I agree with you there. I think it's the whole ascend and escape death thing. Messing with what is natural can cause a lot of problems. I kind of feel the same way about the Asguard. Live forever with cloning. It's just not natural. You know, like ShepandWeir. That's natural.
      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
        Even if Chaya isn't going to be back, you gotta admit it's infinatley more interesting Sheppard dating an Ancient, unless your an Ancient hater!?
        Even if they bring Chay back, I don't think Sheppard would feel comfortable dating her. Because as we've witnessed Ancients, especially ascended, seems to know almost everything that is going on around them. I think Sheppard would get sick of having to watch his step every single time. At least with Elizabeth, he can get a way with some stuff without her zapping him with some cosmic power.
        ~Athena

Comment

I didn't like Chaya at all - she had some sort of hidden agenda going on, not to mention she was a total control freak. Would you really want to have a relationship with someone who totally dominates her people - to the point of not allowing any growth, learning, expanding of ideas, etc.?? - she just reminded me of certain dictators in history who refused to allow their people to read, learn, know the truth. Keep 'em in the dark and they are easier to control.

I don't think Sheppard would have put up with her for long.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            ack!!! Astro is dumb.....

http://www.livejournal.com/users/astropoet/13557.html

It's great, go and read everybody!
            Thanks for the link Astro! Merlin did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              I didn't like Chaya at all - she had some sort of hidden agenda going on, not to mention she was a total control freak. Would you really want to have a relationship with someone who totally dominates her people - to the point of not allowing any growth, learning, expanding of ideas, etc.?? - she just reminded me of certain dictators in history who refused to allow their people to read, learn, know the truth. Keep 'em in the dark and they are easier to control.

I don't think Sheppard would have put up with her for long.
              My thoughts exactly...I think. It's too early...
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                Even if Chaya isn't going to be back, you gotta admit it's infinatley more interesting Sheppard dating an Ancient, unless your an Ancient hater!?
                Nope.

Unfortunately, one episode with Chaya was one episode too many, as far as I'm concerned, be she Ancient or no Ancient. IMO, the actress brought nothing interesting, engaging or layered to the part at all. And I saw no chemistry. Sheppard/Weir have chemistry. Sheppard/Chaya do not. In my eyes, of course.

The romance bit was a complete and utter waste of what might otherwise have been a perfectly valid storyline.

I like to pretend that the events in Sanctuary did not happen. Thankfully, my brain goes along with me.
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                  Nope.

Unfortunately, one episode with Chaya was one episode too many, as far as I'm concerned, be she Ancient or no Ancient. IMO, the actress brought nothing interesting, engaging or layered to the part at all. And I saw no chemistry. Sheppard/Weir have chemistry. Sheppard/Chaya do not. In my eyes, of course.

The romance bit was a complete and utter waste of what might otherwise have been a perfectly valid storyline.
                  Chaya was as Mel said 'girlfriend of the week'. She was just a fling that was poor executed. By the end of the episode, I couldn't believe that I sat through the whole 40 minutes with out retching.

I like to pretend that the events in Sanctuary did not happen. Thankfully, my brain goes along with me.
                  Sanctuary ? What's that? There was an episode called that? No there was only 19 episodes in my book.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Chaya was as Mel said 'girlfriend of the week'. She was just a fling that was poor executed. By the end of the episode, I couldn't believe that I sat through the whole 40 minutes with out retching.
                    My husband left the room half-way through (during the picnic). But during "Before I Sleep" - when John gave Liz the present, hubby said, "Ah, ship moment!" Even HE sees it.

Comment

My husband left the room half-way through (during the picnic). But during "Before I Sleep" - when John gave Liz the present, hubby said, "Ah, ship moment!" Even HE sees it.
                      I've been making my not-sig other watch Atlantis. He watched the Teyla/Sheppard fight in Hot Zone and then the rest of it. I asked him who he thought Sheppard was doing it with, he said Teyla, because "Look, he had his head in her breasts!". So I made him watch Before I Sleep and pointed out the beginning, and he just looked at me oddly. But then he loves Sheppard and McKay's banter and sits and chuckles away to that. So, I've still got some training to do....

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        I've been making my not-sig other watch Atlantis. He watched the Teyla/Sheppard fight in Hot Zone and then the rest of it. I asked him who he thought Sheppard was doing it with, he said Teyla, because "Look, he had his head in her breasts!". So I made him watch Before I Sleep and pointed out the beginning, and he just looked at me oddly. But then he loves Sheppard and McKay's banter and sits and chuckles away to that. So, I've still got some training to do....
                        My hubby doesn't like Teyla at all - says there is "nothing going on upstairs in that hot bod". *LOL*

Comment

My hubby doesn't like Teyla at all - says there is "nothing going on upstairs in that hot bod". *LOL*

The NSO said he didn't think she was that pretty, either although as he put it "He wouldnt kick her out of bed for dropping crumbs."

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                            Nope.

dang right given the *shudders* choice shweir is soooooo much better then chepperd (hehe chepard funny name hehe) sheyla kills 'em both but still.

Comment

Just popping in to say THANKS to everyone who read, and liked, my fic. It's fun to write Shweir.

And adding my two cents on Sanctuary. I loved the ep. I loved how adorable Shep was. Since I'm a SHEPper over a SHIPper <for all I could go along with Shweir easily> I just liked seeing him do something besides being a soldier. And I like the idea of there being MORE to the ep than Shep being KIRK Like. Because he's so NOT KIRK!

I think the ep was meant to deal with Sheppard and his gene. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Like Athena said, Chaya really did strike me as the girlfriend of the week. With any luck, she'll be like Kynthia and Laira, and neither seen nor heard from again.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X