No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I got scheduled for my minor surgery next Weds. But I had some blood tests on Friday for pre-admission testing and some of the results came back high like WBC, RBC, and a few other things. I don't feel sick. I hope they won't postpone the surgery. I'm supposed to start work on the 29th.
    Oh, crap.

I hate summer. Give me snow any day of the week.
    Hmm, I don't think I'd go that far, I'd still like to be able to get out of the house. I'll take autumn. Plenty of coolness, the turning leaves, Halloween, and no snow. Best of all possibilities.

Hope you find that fic!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Twin report: So, Thing 1 got carsick on the way over here on Sun and we had to hose him down in the driveway. Someone who shall remain nameless forgot to bring a change of clothes so we had to dress him in one of Grandma's old T-shirts that is too small. We spent the rest of the day calling him Baby Yoda. An hour later he was starving and ate more chicken than the adults. Grandma's banana pudding cupcakes were also such a huge hit that they both cried for more.

Thing 2 was very worried about Thing 1 and kept asking about him. Mom said they both get antsy when apart. This may be a problem when they start school but hopefully they will grow out of it.

They once again threw their toys and balls off the deck and pointed helpfully so Dad would know where they were. They seemed to think the deck was part of the inside because they kept asking to go "outside." They love playing outside at daycare so that may explain it.

Speaking of daycare, Thing 1 has become obsessed with the 11 year old daughter of his teacher. She comes along with mom because there is no school and helps with the little ones. I'm glad my grandson appreciates older women.

Mom was looking through a babypic album of SR Jr. and Thing 2 pointed at him and said his own name. Understandable since they look exactly alike at the same age.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Mom was looking through a babypic album of SR Jr. and Thing 2 pointed at him and said his own name. Understandable since they look exactly alike at the same age.
        Reminds me of one of my cousins who pointed at a picture of my sister (approx. 10 years old in it) lying around the house. She wondered what a picture of her was doing in our house.

When we told her that was a picture of my sister she was stunned and didn't want to believe us at first.

The even more hilarious bit though -- my uncle is always joking that our cousin is the improved version of my sister by a margin of at least 200%.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am a grammar snob. I saw a post on Facebook about my town and its issues, and it used the phrase “to sure up” instead of the correct “to shore up”. I couldn’t take the rest of the post seriously.

Anyway, my surgery just got confirmed for tomorrow. Depending on the pain level I'm in afterwards, I might not be around for a few days. Try not to burn down the internet while I'm gone.

Twin report: So, Thing 1 got carsick on the way over here on Sun and we had to hose him down in the driveway. Someone who shall remain nameless forgot to bring a change of clothes so we had to dress him in one of Grandma's old T-shirts that is too small. We spent the rest of the day calling him Baby Yoda. An hour later he was starving and ate more chicken than the adults. Grandma's banana pudding cupcakes were also such a huge hit that they both cried for more.

Thing 2 was very worried about Thing 1 and kept asking about him. Mom said they both get antsy when apart. This may be a problem when they start school but hopefully they will grow out of it.

They once again threw their toys and balls off the deck and pointed helpfully so Dad would know where they were. They seemed to think the deck was part of the inside because they kept asking to go "outside." They love playing outside at daycare so that may explain it.

Speaking of daycare, Thing 1 has become obsessed with the 11 year old daughter of his teacher. She comes along with mom because there is no school and helps with the little ones. I'm glad my grandson appreciates older women.

I love the reports of Thing 1 and Thing 2! Sounds like an awesome time together (well, not the car sickness).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hey, GateWorld's back up!

I am a grammar snob. I saw a post on Facebook about my town and its issues, and it used the phrase “to sure up” instead of the correct “to shore up”. I couldn’t take the rest of the post seriously.
            OMG, I'm the same way with messed up posts. I'll be side-eying everything for the rest of the day!

Anyway, my surgery just got confirmed for tomorrow. Depending on the pain level I'm in afterwards, I might not be around for a few days. Try not to burn down the internet while I'm gone.
            *hides matches* Good luck with the surgery and get plenty of rest afterward, we'll be here! *hugs you*

Aww, poor Thing 1! Carsick is NO FUN at any age. Very cute that Thing 2 was so worried about his bro.

Glad to see sick or no, they're still up to their antics!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You know how I am about this kind of thing. I just can't handle it.

Good luck tomorrow. Surgery is never fun but it's more difficult right now.
              sigpic

Comment

Any Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill former(current fans) in the house? Lol. Last week was hard (The big D. I asked. Also found out I have to have surgery next month), so this week I took a detour from life and landed in Wrightsville Beach for a few days. Wilmington is so charming. I have an oceanfront balcony and I am just soaking up the therapeutic sounds of the waves.

I love the reports of Thing 1 and Thing 2! Sounds like an awesome time together (well, not the car sickness).
                Sending all the positive vibes your way. Hope all goes well!!!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good luck!

Also, no promises but I'll try to burn it down... I mean NOT burn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Any Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill former(current fans) in the house? Lol. Last week was hard (The big D. I asked. Also found out I have to have surgery next month), so this week I took a detour from life and landed in Wrightsville Beach for a few days. Wilmington is so charming. I have an oceanfront balcony and I am just soaking up the therapeutic sounds of the waves.

My Aunt lived in Wilmington and we used to visit her on occasion. Love the whole place. In fact her house was on Dock St. and I remember one time we walked down to the river to tour a submarine. This was over 50 years ago.

Good luck with the surgery. Enjoy your rest before the big event.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Never watched those shows, but it sounds lovely.

Good luck with your surgery next month, hope everything goes well! *hugs you*

My Aunt lived in Wilmington and we used to visit her on occasion. Love the whole place. In fact her house was on Dock St. and I remember one time we walked down to the river to tour a submarine. This was over 50 years ago.
                      That sounds so cool!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Good luck!

Also, no promises but I'll try to burn it down... I mean NOT burn it down.

Comment

With regards to NOT burning down the internet... *bites lip* ...I accidently initiated a DDOS attack on an IP address earlier today. Luckily I realized my mistake within a few seconds and was able to avert disaster from striking -- on time. The infinite loop gave away I was doing something wrong so I exited the command prompt app which stopped the process.

I mistyped a command prompt pinging that same IP, which was already blocked from the server cause it had been involved in some unsavory action on one of our servers causing our website to crash. They initially thought that my team and I were responsible for that misfortune but the IP didn't match with ours and I nor my teammembers were online during the event that caused the crash.

Heck I didn't even know what I had done until much later in the afternoon I was looking for answers to what could have caused the crash, besides someone trying to attack our server from the outside, and thus now I know how that works and how to stop it -- even though you need specialized software for it, to detect and shut down the server before your DDOS attack does the shut down for you.

I also know that none of my colleagues could have had anything to do with it cause there's literally no one around, smart enough to cause a website crash. They are more likely to crash their laptops than individual websites. I have a knack for breaking things (hence why they love to get me to do tool testing -- if I can't break it, it's ready for deployment -- literally) or crashing datatables in Access and Excel. I blame the programs. I live in constant war with these two.
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 24 June 2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I explored the intercoastal waterway today (jumped on a nature tour when I saw only two others had booked, everyone wearing masks) and was so impressed with the undeveloped spaces only accessible by boat. I'll have to remember that as the tour company also offers drops off so you can spend a few hours on a secluded beach before they return to pick you up.

I also stopped by the grocery store on my way into to town to stock up my fridge and have been grabbing take out, so I have been socially responsible as best as I can while not staying at home. I probably should have mentioned that on my first post.

Good luck with the surgery. Enjoy your rest before the big event.
                          Thank you. I've been exploring before everyone wakes up- with my mask- and it's been lovely to have these streets to myself.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Never watched those shows, but it sounds lovely.

Good luck with your surgery next month, hope everything goes well! *hugs you*

That sounds so cool!

Thank you.
                          With regards to NOT burning down the internet... *bites lip* ...I accidently initiated a DDOS attack on an IP address earlier today. Luckily I realized my mistake within a few seconds and was able to avert disaster from striking -- on time. The infinite loop gave away I was doing something wrong so I exited the command prompt app which stopped the process.

I mistyped a command prompt pinging that same IP, which was already blocked from the server cause it had been involved in some unsavory action on one of our servers causing our website to crash. They initially thought that my team and I were responsible for that misfortune but the IP didn't match with ours and I nor my teammembers were online during the event that caused the crash.

Heck I didn't even know what I had done until much later in the afternoon I was looking for answers to what could have caused the crash, besides someone trying to attack our server from the outside, and thus now I know how that works and how to stop it -- even though you need specialized software for it, to detect and shut down the server before your DDOS attack does the shut down for you.

I also know that none of my colleagues could have had anything to do with it cause there's literally no one around, smart enough to cause a website crash. They are more likely to crash their laptops than individual websites. I have a knack for breaking things (hence why they love to get me to do tool testing -- if I can't break it, it's ready for deployment -- literally) or crashing datatables in Access and Excel. I blame the programs. I live in constant war with these two.
                          I'm sorry, but I'm so glad I didn't have your day. Congrats on learning and managing to still be standing to tell the tale. That would have frazzled me for sure.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm so glad I didn't have your day. Congrats on learning and managing to still be standing to tell the tale. That would have frazzled me for sure.
                            Apparently they think that the server can't handle the normal traffic... ...they asked to add more space.

I rolled my eyes when I read the reply to my last mail.

Comment

I made it through surgery! So far the post-op pain hasn't been as bad as I feared. So YAY for that!!

Thank you, and good luck with your own surgery!!

Oopsie!!!

Comment

I made it through surgery! So far the post-op pain hasn't been as bad as I feared. So YAY for that!!
                                Yay indeed. I know you're glad it's over.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X