Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Ummm...what is in that kombucha? Best I can remember the ingredient list in mine was yeast, black tea, green tea, water, strawberry, lemon and sugar.
    It's the yeast, plus the way it's made... that put me off.

I want to see a pic of the DIY desk.
    I shall have a picture up when it's all set up.

Get any good toys with the Happy Meal?
    I'm collecting the Cressida Cowell books about the Treetop Twins Adventures.
    Ever since the first time, I found one in my Happy meal, I've been trying to collect them all. So far, I have managed to get 6 of them.

They're not always part of the menu, so whenever they are I make sure to order a HM, hoping to add another one to the collection.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm collecting the Cressida Cowell books about the Treetop Twins Adventures.
      Ever since the first time, I found one in my Happy meal, I've been trying to collect them all. So far, I have managed to get 6 of them.

They're not always part of the menu, so whenever they are I make sure to order a HM, hoping to add another one to the collection.
      Coolness! We usually have toys in our Happy Meals. I can't even remember the last time there might have been a mini book in a US HM.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Coolness! We usually have toys in our Happy Meals. I can't even remember the last time there might have been a mini book in a US HM.
        I can't remember the last time I saw a Happy Meal or went to a Mickey Ds for that matter. Funny but that kind of food just doesn't sit well like it used to. I did, however, take this pic in Paris. I thought it was just too classy to pass up.

IMG_1560.jpg
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I can't remember the last time I saw a Happy Meal or went to a Mickey Ds for that matter. Funny but that kind of food just doesn't sit well like it used to. I did, however, take this pic in Paris. I thought it was just too classy to pass up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43103[/ATTACH]
          I had chicken McNuggets the other day and then my stomach hurt for hours. Oh dear, will that always happen now? Damn. Sucks getting old.

I can't imagine being in Paris and going to McDonald's. It would be like going to Red Lobster here in RI ("The Ocean State").

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Well, I see GW has gotten over their database maintenance, or whatever it was they were doing that kept me from getting on at all yesterday...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43103[/ATTACH]
            OMG.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I had chicken McNuggets the other day and then my stomach hurt for hours. Oh dear, will that always happen now? Damn. Sucks getting old.
            Not looking forward to that. I'd miss my french fries.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I can't imagine being in Paris and going to McDonald's. It would be like going to Red Lobster here in RI ("The Ocean State").
            Or out here in western Washington, with the Puget Sound and all the lovely salmon, crab, and other local seafood.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Activity of the day: take the cardboard from the recycling pile and build a ramp for my remote controlled car.

The result can be seen on my Instagram.

I had fun building and testing.
              Obviously the cardboard will not yet be recycled tomorrow. Must practice those jumps a little more in the coming days.

Comment

Grr. I swear GW went down yesterday just as I was hitting post quick reply. As always, I'm more relived when it comes back up than I was irritated over the maintenance. It always scared me a bit when it goes down.

I read an article about one traveler who actually advocated going to the McDonalds whenever they traveled overseas. Their point stuck with me. I try to always pop in one to check out the local menu and see the décor. It's been interesting. I usually don't eat there though

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Well, I see GW has gotten over their database maintenance, or whatever it was they were doing that kept me from getting on at all yesterday...

OMG.

Not looking forward to that. I'd miss my french fries.

Or out here in western Washington, with the Puget Sound and all the lovely salmon, crab, and other local seafood.
                I'm so hungry for fresh seafood. I was supposed to be flying out to Seattle in early June, This is the second year in a row I've had to cancel. I am tentatively looking at a work thing for the same time. A mini road trip that would get me to the NC coast. I'd be happy with some fresh seafood takeout and an early morning walk on the beach with some good social distancing.

Activity of the day: take the cardboard from the recycling pile and build a ramp for my remote controlled car.

Obviously the cardboard will not yet be recycled tomorrow. Must practice those jumps a little more in the coming days.
                It is the cutest! How fun.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Sweet pics! Will there be video?

Grr. I swear GW went down yesterday just as I was hitting post quick reply. As always, I'm more relived when it comes back up than I was irritated over the maintenance. It always scared me a bit when it goes down.
                  I know, right? It's like, "but, but...how am I supposed to start my morning without GW?"

I read an article about one traveler who actually advocated going to the McDonalds whenever they traveled overseas. Their point stuck with me. I try to always pop in one to check out the local menu and see the décor. It's been interesting. I usually don't eat there though
                  Yeah, it's fun to see the local menu choices. I wish they'd do another one of those promotions where they brought some of those faves from other countries to the US for us to try.

I'm so hungry for fresh seafood. I was supposed to be flying out to Seattle in early June, This is the second year in a row I've had to cancel. I am tentatively looking at a work thing for the same time. A mini road trip that would get me to the NC coast. I'd be happy with some fresh seafood takeout and an early morning walk on the beach with some good social distancing.
                  Aw man! I hope you get some beach time soon!

Comment

Yeah, it's fun to see the local menu choices. I wish they'd do another one of those promotions where they brought some of those faves from other countries to the US for us to try.
                    This reminded me of a story our tour guide in Paris told us. It seems that when McDonald's first opened the French were not too pleased with the bread choices. The soft American style bread is just not all that great to them, so they came out with a McBaguette. OTOH, I had a real struggle with some of the hard bread over there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sweet pics! Will there be video?
                      There was a video too but my sister held the camera upside down, so that'll have to be redone.

Gonna try again tomorrow, me thinks.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Aw man! I hope you get some beach time soon!
                        I have various plots being hatched to make that happen! In a safe and responsible manner of course. I may end up with more time on my hand than I'd planned, but I'm thinking there are worse things than a summer furlough. We'll see how it all plays out.

This reminded me of a story our tour guide in Paris told us. It seems that when McDonald's first opened the French were not too pleased with the bread choices. The soft American style bread is just not all that great to them, so they came out with a McBaguette. OTOH, I had a real struggle with some of the hard bread over there.
                        I found our bread way too soft when I came home, but I did find much of the French bread a tad too crusty (that can't be good for their teeth, right?). One of my favorite sandwich breads now is Trader Joe's ciabatta demi baguette. It seems a happy medium.

There was a video too but my sister held the camera upside down, so that'll have to be redone.

Looking forward to that!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I found our bread way too soft when I came home, but I did find much of the French bread a tad too crusty (that can't be good for their teeth, right?). One of my favorite sandwich breads now is Trader Joe's ciabatta demi baguette. It seems a happy medium.
                          Ugh, yeah baguettes can be like a brick. On the other hand, I've had burgers on nicely chewy ciabatta-like "baguette" that was quite yummy.

I have various plots being hatched to make that happen! In a safe and responsible manner of course. I may end up with more time on my hand than I'd planned, but I'm thinking there are worse things than a summer furlough. We'll see how it all plays out.
                          Yay! Hope you have lots of fun!

Heheheh...looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

No video today... spend most of the afternoon hiding in the shadow, reading my 13 books.

And then in the evening we BBQ'd at which point one of our neighbors joined us and we talked all evening -- 6ft apart obviously.

Also, was so enthralled in a book that when two neighboring cats got into a Mexican standoff next to my seat, I nearly jumped a mile in the air. I startled them both apart.

Comment

No video today... spend most of the afternoon hiding in the shadow, reading my 13 books.

And then in the evening we BBQ'd at which point one of our neighbors joined us and we talked all evening -- 6ft apart obviously.

Also, was so enthralled in a book that when two neighboring cats got into a Mexican standoff next to my seat, I nearly jumped a mile in the air. I startled them both apart.
                              Speaking of books, Mr. SR and I just read The Eden Paradox by Barry Kirwan. We got it free on Amazon for Kindle and it is unusually good for a freebie. I think you might like it if you like to read SciFi. It's also a series.
                              sigpic

Comment

Speaking of books, Mr. SR and I just read The Eden Paradox by Barry Kirwan. We got it free on Amazon for Kindle and it is unusually good for a freebie. I think you might like it if you like to read SciFi. It's also a series.
                                Mmm interesting -- I shall search for it.

The weather today -- hot and humid. Perfect weather for melting in a puddle on the floor.
                                Also, I predict a thunderstorm hitting later... YAY FOR RAIN!! ...we need water you see cause our water supply is running a bit dry.

Comment

Working...
                                X