Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Another positive side effect of our lockdown: my cats are now more popular than I am with my colleagues.
    They are disappointed when Finn or Faro, or both, don't make an appearance during any of my videocalls.

Edit
    Thought I'd share a video my company made with the help of a lot of us on how we cope with being stuck at home, and working from home. You may or may not spot me at 1:11 (the one with the gladiator helmet on, working in her bedroom -- next to the photo of my colleague with her kids having their mouths ducttaped shut ):

Spoiler:

The title of the video reads: "Not all heroes wear capes"
    That is great! If you had just told us to guess which one was you the gladiator helmet would have been among my top guesses.

My cat always shows it's butt to the camera which cracks up my co-workers. I just tell them that fuzzy butt is my view all damn day long
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      That is great! If you had just told us to guess which one was you the gladiator helmet would have been among my top guesses.
      In hindsight, I realized I wouldn't be too hard to spot.

My cat always shows it's butt to the camera which cracks up my co-workers. I just tell them that fuzzy butt is my view all damn day long
      Yup, here too. And so does the cat at home with dad.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's all part of their agents of chaos routine.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was in such a terrible funk and then my new Magnolia Table cookbook arrived and now I'm having visions of evolving into a domestic goddess who will whip up fantastic concoctions for my family, lol. Not. Odds are it will gather dust and I'll feel guilty every time I spot it. I really hope not because some of those recipes look kind of awesome and they seems simple enough for the bumbling cook I actually am to maybe pull off something edible. I'm thinking blueberry sweet rolls with lemon glaze. Miracle of miracles I even appear to have all the ingredients.

In hindsight, I realized I wouldn't be too hard to spot.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's all part of their agents of chaos routine.
            My cats are definitely agents of chaos. One of mine has a new game when he tires of the butt in face routine. He jumps over halfway up the door, attaches himself to the door frame with his claws, and meows fanatically staring at a random spot on the way at what I can only assume are ghost bugs. And he's suddenly dragging his cat crinkle blanket and his bed all over. I have to be careful when I wake up in the middle of the night because he keeps rearranging his bedroom, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I was in such a terrible funk and then my new Magnolia Table cookbook arrived and now I'm having visions of evolving into a domestic goddess who will whip up fantastic concoctions for my family, lol. Not. Odds are it will gather dust and I'll feel guilty every time I spot it. I really hope not because some of those recipes look kind of awesome and they seems simple enough for the bumbling cook I actually am to maybe pull off something edible. I'm thinking blueberry sweet rolls with lemon glaze. Miracle of miracles I even appear to have all the ingredients.
              OMG you sound like me. So. Many. Cookbooks.

My cats are definitely agents of chaos. One of mine has a new game when he tires of the butt in face routine. He jumps over halfway up the door, attaches himself to the door frame with his claws, and meows fanatically staring at a random spot on the way at what I can only assume are ghost bugs. And he's suddenly dragging his cat crinkle blanket and his bed all over. I have to be careful when I wake up in the middle of the night because he keeps rearranging his bedroom, lol.
              Hmm, maybe he's getting freaked out that you're there all the time and he can't get up to his usual 'everyone's gone, let's partay!' mischief?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

OMG you sound like me. So. Many. Cookbooks.

Hmm, maybe he's getting freaked out that you're there all the time and he can't get up to his usual 'everyone's gone, let's partay!' mischief?
                That could be what's making the cat more silly. He has more of an audience these days. I sleep with earplugs in and he scared me pretty good last night. The sound of him jumping on the bed with his crinkle blanket distorted through the earplugs was like no sound I'd ever heard before. I think I scared him with how quick I jumped out of bed. I thought someone was on my back deck. I think that blanket may start disappearing around 10pm every night My other cat is still pretty chill. Give him a sunny spot and he will own it all day.

My other recent cookbook purchases have been my most used- The Thug Kitchen series. I bought them so I can incorporate more meatless meals into my rotation and it is seriously hysterical. So much entertaining cursing. It makes me want to use it more because I laugh no matter how many times I've seen certain sections of colorful wording.
                sigpic

Comment

My other recent cookbook purchases have been my most used- The Thug Kitchen series. I bought them so I can incorporate more meatless meals into my rotation and it is seriously hysterical. So much entertaining cursing. It makes me want to use it more because I laugh no matter how many times I've seen certain sections of colorful wording.
                  I have always loved cookbooks and have some that are 50 years old. A few years ago I used iBooks Author and did a collection of all my best recipes from all my cookbooks, pages from magazines and recipe cards I have in boxes. You can publish it to your iPad and have it as a handy reference. I need to edit it because since then I have collected a bunch more recipes. It was very labor intensive but worth it. I gave CDs to several people who all claim they use it.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have a Game of Thrones cookbook, and a Star Wars one.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

That could be what's making the cat more silly. He has more of an audience these days. I sleep with earplugs in and he scared me pretty good last night. The sound of him jumping on the bed with his crinkle blanket distorted through the earplugs was like no sound I'd ever heard before. I think I scared him with how quick I jumped out of bed. I thought someone was on my back deck. I think that blanket may start disappearing around 10pm every night My other cat is still pretty chill. Give him a sunny spot and he will own it all day.
                      Ahhhhh, sounds like me. It's always time for nap time.

LMAO I love Thug Kitchen! They're so nutty!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I have always loved cookbooks and have some that are 50 years old. A few years ago I used iBooks Author and did a collection of all my best recipes from all my cookbooks, pages from magazines and recipe cards I have in boxes. You can publish it to your iPad and have it as a handy reference. I need to edit it because since then I have collected a bunch more recipes. It was very labor intensive but worth it. I gave CDs to several people who all claim they use it.
                      I'm using Paprika to organize my recipes. I do all the importing on my iMac, use my iPad in the kitchen as the cookbook, and I can take my shopping list with me on my iPhone. Mostly at this point it's a collection of recipes that I want to try, but haven't yet.

I've got the ebook version of the GoT cookbook, lots of things I want to make in that one.

Comment

Okay, one must know. What on earth (or a galaxy far, far away) is in a Star Wars cookbook?

Comment

Oh, my younger brother has the Game of Thrones and World of Warcraft cookbooks. Unfortunately you need to substitute many of the ingredients because they don't exist. So "Outland Buzzard" becomes "Turkey."
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Okay, one must know. What on earth (or a galaxy far, far away) is in a Star Wars cookbook?
                            Oh my gosh, right? My first thought was I have to have it, but I have concerns. I'm going to see if I can see the table on contents online and if it has blue milk I'm out, lol. (Nah, it'd probably take more than that to deter me). I do have a friend who has mailed me a Sopranos cookbook because she is off carbs. Can't wait to see the hearty food it's sure to include.

SR and SK have me curious now. I need to do some research on the organizing. I print out online recipes and stick them in a binder, but I've tons bookmarked or saved in a Facebook or Pinterest file that may never see the light of day. It's just cumbersome at times and sometimes it's just nice to flip through something tangible.

It is a good thing I've upped my walking since quarantine. So far my weight has held steady and I have not been counting calories or been very good about the balance of healthy vs calorie dense.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Just normal breakfast and brunch items, with a little Star Wars twist.

The Star Wars Cookbook: BB-Ate: Awaken to the Force of Breakfast and Brunch

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Oh, my younger brother has the Game of Thrones and World of Warcraft cookbooks.
                              My GoT cookbook has regular ingredients, made in the GoT way so venison, lamb, buttercakes, lemoncakes... all there, nothing special.

A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook

Comment

It is a good thing I've upped my walking since quarantine. So far my weight has held steady and I have not been counting calories or been very good about the balance of healthy vs calorie dense.
                                I haven't been near a scale in over a week now. Too afraid.

Just normal breakfast and brunch items, with a little Star Wars twist.

The Star Wars Cookbook: BB-Ate: Awaken to the Force of Breakfast and Brunch
                                Okay, that is darn cute!! I love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X