No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People need to have respect for others and keep spoilers out of public conversations until such time as when it might seem appropriate.

I'm fine with revealing spoilers or plot points around the time it's released on DVD or digital.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hi all.

I'm still recovering from seeing Star Wars. It was both awesome and terrible at the same time, if that makes sense. I'm deeply torn about it. Part of me thinks it was great but another part wants to critique all the problems.
      Glad you enjoyed it! But yeah, what you're describing is exactly how I feel about Endgame. Great overall, but with some really irritating specific issues.

Spoiler:
      I continue to be a character killer. Almost all my faves die. Why am I so attracted to characters that end up dead? I'm afraid it says something bad about me.
      *hugs*
      Spoiler:
      I am so ready for this trend of edgy/dark/bittersweet endings to burn itself out.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Glad you enjoyed it! But yeah, what you're describing is exactly how I feel about Endgame. Great overall, but with some really irritating specific issues.
        YES!! You explained it. That's it in a nutshell.

*hugs*
        Spoiler:
        I am so ready for this trend of edgy/dark/bittersweet endings to burn itself out.
        Spoiler:
        OMG, yes!! I'm tired of the negativity. Real life sucks enough, you know? I don't need it in my entertainment.
        Edgy/dark/bittersweet can make for some great fiction. But Marvel and Star Wars aren't that kind of thing.

Part of my issue is that many of my favorites are redeemed villain types, and writers seem to think the only way to complete the redemption is to die. Personally, I think that's a horrible message.

Comment

I LOVE THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!!!

Every bit of it... EVERY FREAKIN' BIT OF IT!!

*** that is all...

Comment

Spoiler:
            OMG, yes!! I'm tired of the negativity. Real life sucks enough, you know? I don't need it in my entertainment.
            Edgy/dark/bittersweet can make for some great fiction. But Marvel and Star Wars aren't that kind of thing.

Part of my issue is that many of my favorites are redeemed villain types, and writers seem to think the only way to complete the redemption is to die. Personally, I think that's a horrible message.
            I saw a tweet today lamenting the fact that they missed the fun of going to see Star Wars in the old days. I tend to agree. The originals were just pure fun and excitement without much angst.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I LOVE THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!!!

Every bit of it... EVERY FREAKIN' BIT OF IT!!

*** that is all...
              Wow, I'm surprised. I figured you would hate some parts.
              Spoiler:
              Such as the fact that Rose had like 2 lines
              Glad you enjoyed it!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I saw a tweet today lamenting the fact that they missed the fun of going to see Star Wars in the old days. I tend to agree. The originals were just pure fun and excitement without much angst.
              Yes, exactly. Some characters died, but it was still mainly feel good fun.

I spoke with my nephew tonight who's as obsessed with Star Wars as I am, and he agreed with me about it being both great and awful at the same time. He had almost the same thoughts on each plot development that I did, so at least I know I'm not alone in these feelings.

Scary Kitty, I mentioned your comment on Endgame being the same for you as you're a huge Marvel fan. And we agreed that these movies are probably more palatable for the casual viewers, because the hard-core people know all the facts from before and can see the plot struggles. Generally speaking, of course.

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised. I figured you would hate some parts.
                Spoiler:
                Such as the fact that Rose had like 2 lines
                Glad you enjoyed it!!
                Yes, it has its shortcomings but I had an entertaining night, and I really liked it.

I can understand some folks might not, but that's not my problem.

I fistbumped the air twice, at least -- major spoiler inside spoiler space for ending of film -- don't open unless you do not care:

Spoiler:
                When the two women kissed at the end, and when Rey's on Tatooine and calls herself Skywalker instead. I was literally whispering it throughout that whole dialogue... Rey "Skywalker... come on, say it... Skywalker... come oooon... say it... pls... say it..." -- Skywalker -- "Wooohooo!" ... and then I was shushed by my sister next to me.

And my mouth dropped many times too -- out of awe and surprise...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Spoiler:

Yeah, it really really sucks as a message. And it's not realistic. People turn their lives around all the time, and you don't see them suddenly fall into a sinkhole or something. I mean, wtf?

I spoke with my nephew tonight who's as obsessed with Star Wars as I am, and he agreed with me about it being both great and awful at the same time. He had almost the same thoughts on each plot development that I did, so at least I know I'm not alone in these feelings.

Scary Kitty, I mentioned your comment on Endgame being the same for you as you're a huge Marvel fan. And we agreed that these movies are probably more palatable for the casual viewers, because the hard-core people know all the facts from before and can see the plot struggles. Generally speaking, of course.
                  Yep. I guess we hardcore fans are both blessed and cursed in that regard. Well, I suppose I'll take it for all the fun we get to have with it.

Exactly! This is supposed to be FUN for the audience, not something to inspire tears and rage.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, it has its shortcomings but I had an entertaining night, and I really liked it.

I can understand some folks might not, but that's not my problem.

I fistbumped the air twice, at least -- major spoiler inside spoiler space for ending of film -- don't open unless you do not care:

Spoiler:
                    When the two women kissed at the end, and when Rey's on Tatooine and calls herself Skywalker instead. I was literally whispering it throughout that whole dialogue... Rey "Skywalker... come on, say it... Skywalker... come oooon... say it... pls... say it..." -- Skywalker -- "Wooohooo!" ... and then I was shushed by my sister next to me.

And my mouth dropped many times too -- out of awe and surprise...
                    I loved
                    Spoiler:
                    the new droid. Can't remember its name. But it's cute little "no, no thank you" was so adorable!

As for the lesbian kiss, yeah that was nice. But it would have been better to me if they'd been courageous and made FinnPoe an actual thing.

Yeah, it really really sucks as a message. And it's not realistic. People turn their lives around all the time, and you don't see them suddenly fall into a sinkhole or something. I mean, wtf?

Yeah, exactly. To me it would be more interesting to see the person have to live with the things they did. Yeah, I'm still bitter about Loki too.

Yep. I guess we hardcore fans are both blessed and cursed in that regard. Well, I suppose I'll take it for all the fun we get to have with it.
                    Quite true!! There's always fix-it fics! My Timeless fandom has those mastered. The "villain" (who really wasn't so bad) died in that too, but fans have fixed it a hundred different ways.

And of course, fix-it fics are wonderful in SGA as well.

All hail the fix-it fic!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate in case I don't make it back before we leave to spend a couple of days with the family. I know those twins will exhaust me but it will be worth it. Mr. SR thinks we only need to give them the boxes and save the toys for when they're older. Maybe because they recently worked together to move their portable baby jail crib out of the way so they could get to a box of tissues. Then tore them all into shreds and threw them into the air. Mom only turned her back for a minute.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate in case I don't make it back before we leave to spend a couple of days with the family. I know those twins will exhaust me but it will be worth it. Mr. SR thinks we only need to give them the boxes and save the toys for when they're older. Maybe because they recently worked together to move their portable baby jail crib out of the way so they could get to a box of tissues. Then tore them all into shreds and threw them into the air. Mom only turned her back for a minute.
                        Merry Christmas to you too!! That reminds me of when my niece was little and she was more excited about the box her big new toy came in than the actual toy. We all sat around her thinking we could have saved a lot of money by just giving her the box.

Enjoy your family time!

Comment

I loved
                          Spoiler:
                          the new droid. Can't remember its name. But it's cute little "no, no thank you" was so adorable!

As for the lesbian kiss, yeah that was nice. But it would have been better to me if they'd been courageous and made FinnPoe an actual thing.
                          D-O

He's cute!

Oscar Isaac agrees.
                          (as do I)

Mr. SR thinks we only need to give them the boxes and save the toys for when they're older. Maybe because they recently worked together to move their portable baby jail crib out of the way so they could get to a box of tissues. Then tore them all into shreds and threw them into the air. Mom only turned her back for a minute.
                          Err... are you sure Thing 1 and 2 are human? That sounds like the behavior of something resembling a cat or a dog...

Comment

D-O

He's cute!

Oscar Isaac agrees.
                            (as do I)
                            Yeah I've seen a few interviews with Oscar Isaac where he comes out strong in favor of it. He's just like - screw you, Disney - I'm going to tell it like it is.

Err... are you sure Thing 1 and 2 are human? That sounds like the behavior of something resembling a cat or a dog...
                            Sounds like cats to me too.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and a Merry Christmas Eve to you all!

Yeah, exactly. To me it would be more interesting to see the person have to live with the things they did. Yeah, I'm still bitter about Loki too.

Quite true!! There's always fix-it fics! My Timeless fandom has those mastered. The "villain" (who really wasn't so bad) died in that too, but fans have fixed it a hundred different ways.

And of course, fix-it fics are wonderful in SGA as well.

All hail the fix-it fic!!
                              Loki, Grant Ward...yeah. Fix-it fics forever!

LOL! I think the thing with the boxes is a universal trait for little kids and cats alike. Speaking of which...

Yep, totally cats...

Comment

Merry Christmas! Good luck to you all in surviving the (mostly) lovely holiday madness

I broke down and went to see Star Wars. We hit the 8:45 a.m. Sunday show and I somehow accidentally booked us into a 4D theatre (my ticket said 3D!). I did not have the foresight to take Dramamine, but I made it through without feeling carsick, but there were a few moments were I wondered if I would make it, lol. I'm trying not to deconstruct the movie too much as I did walk out feeling much happier than when I left the Last Jedi...so I just want to hold on to that for a bit.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X