No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hmm, I wonder what we could substitute for tava beans?
      As it turned out I had little by the way of groceries or energy so I ordered Papa John's. 50% off Monday pizza after a football win. I didn't even end up watching anything. Good intentions but- #fanfail. Though I suppose pizza would have been a hit on Atlantis.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Put some real effort into my calligraphy practice.
      Wrote the holy grail riddle from The Da Vinci Code and put it in my replica cryptex. Made it look like a real message.
      Oh- I bet that looked awesome!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

So, how is everyone celebrating Halloween?

Southern Red, what will Things 1 and 2 be? (Please forgive me if you've already said. My brain is mush after a whole day of applying for jobs.)

I haven't given out candy in years. I wonder if I should do it this year. I stopped because a) I'm lazy, b) I'm not a people person, and c) my cat was scared to death. I don't have the cat excuse anymore. Hmm.... I just want to see a little minion. They'd get a whole bag of candy.

Comment

I'll be celebrating by working from home in my PJ's underneath a layer of fleece blankets, and count down the hours for my holiday to begin because friday is November 1st (obviously) but in this part of the world that's an official holiday as in All Saint's Day, and traditionally the day we remember those who have passed.

Then on Saturday, I leave for Spain for a week. And I'm in luck as the 11th of November, Armestice Day, is also a day off and that's a monday this year so I'll have an extra long vacation.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll be celebrating by working from home in my PJ's underneath a layer of fleece blankets, and count down the hours for my holiday to begin because friday is November 1st (obviously) but in this part of the world that's an official holiday as in All Saint's Day, and traditionally the day we remember those who have passed.

Then on Saturday, I leave for Spain for a week. And I'm in luck as the 11th of November, Armestice Day, is also a day off and that's a monday this year so I'll have an extra long vacation.
            It's All Saints Day in the Catholic faith here, as well (and it's my birthday! cause I'm a saint! yes I am!). We don't actually "celebrate" it, but we are required to go to Church that day (not that I'm a practicing Catholic anymore).

Anyway, have a wonderful vacation! It sounds really great! Be sure to take pics.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              It's All Saints Day in the Catholic faith here, as well (and it's my birthday! cause I'm a saint! yes I am!). We don't actually "celebrate" it, but we are required to go to Church that day (not that I'm a practicing Catholic anymore).
              We only visit the graveyard, and put something nice on our families stones. Usually flowers or the likes.

I know the home where my mom spend the last year of her life is having a memorial service tonight for all the people who died in the passed year, though we won't be attending since we can't make it on time, but I like the gesture of it very much.

Anyway, have a wonderful vacation! It sounds really great! Be sure to take pics.
              My colleagues also want a lot of pictures, so there will sure be a posting of them...

Comment

So, how is everyone celebrating Halloween?

Southern Red, what will Things 1 and 2 be? (Please forgive me if you've already said. My brain is mush after a whole day of applying for jobs.)

I haven't given out candy in years. I wonder if I should do it this year. I stopped because a) I'm lazy, b) I'm not a people person, and c) my cat was scared to death. I don't have the cat excuse anymore. Hmm.... I just want to see a little minion. They'd get a whole bag of candy.
                I'm worried because they are predicting thunderstorms and high winds this evening.

Thing 1 is a monkey because that's his nickname from Mom and Thing 2 is a turtle because that's the costume Mom got from a friend. They wore their outfits to daycare yesterday and Mom sent pics. Cutest ever and props to the daycare ladies who actually got 7 babies to sit in a row for a "class picture." The cuteness would slay you.

We also got pics of Thing 2 halfway up the stairs and Thing 1 closing the baby gate behind him. I don't think childproof means what you think it means.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Thing 1 is a monkey because that's his nickname from Mom and Thing 2 is a turtle because that's the costume Mom got from a friend.

Thing 2's outfit ... a turtle...

Carson would be proud. Just saying...

We also got pics of Thing 2 halfway up the stairs and Thing 1 closing the baby gate behind him. I don't think childproof means what you think it means.
                  That word only exists to give parents that false sense of security...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Let's get spooky!

It'll be quiet again for me, as we're out here in the boonies. (the TOTs play in the village) There may be a spooky movie tonight, though we can't stay up too late as we're going on another shopping trip in America tomorrow, so we have to get up early in the morning to make the red eye boat. Maybe I'll find some Halloween stuff on sale tomorrow...

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    As it turned out I had little by the way of groceries or energy so I ordered Papa John's. 50% off Monday pizza after a football win. I didn't even end up watching anything. Good intentions but- #fanfail. Though I suppose pizza would have been a hit on Atlantis.
                    Pizza would definitely be a hit on Atlantis! I can just see the wacky Pegasus Galaxy ingredient pizzas they might have come up with in Season 1...

I'm worried because they are predicting thunderstorms and high winds this evening.
                    Thunderstorms would be atmospheric, at least...

Thing 1 is a monkey because that's his nickname from Mom and Thing 2 is a turtle because that's the costume Mom got from a friend. They wore their outfits to daycare yesterday and Mom sent pics. Cutest ever and props to the daycare ladies who actually got 7 babies to sit in a row for a "class picture." The cuteness would slay you.

Thing 2's outfit ... a turtle...

Carson would be proud. Just saying...
                    Exactly what I was thinking!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And so today ends with a smile... my sister and I just got word that our niece gave birth to a little boy, named Vic.

Of course, we had to go and look up what he is to us in family relations... apparently, we now have a grandnephew or second-cousin. Both are applicable.

Comment

Those are adorable costumes!

And oh boy, they've reached the age when childproofing no longer works. Watch out, world!! (And good luck to their parents!)

And so today ends with a smile... my sister and I just got word that our niece gave birth to a little boy, named Vic.

Of course, we had to go and look up what he is to us in family relations... apparently, we now have a grandnephew or second-cousin. Both are applicable.
                        Congratulations!!!

How can he be your second-cousin? I'm

Comment

How can he be your second-cousin? I'm
                          Well... we looked it up...

It should be noted that we use both "cousin" and "niece/nephew" to refer to kids from uncles/aunts. In Dutch, it's nicht/neef or kozijn, the latter from the French word "cousin" (in French you do not pronounce the last N). Therefor, their children are twice removed... or some such...

In any case... it grows our family with 1, bringing the grand total of our tiny family back to 15.

Comment

Well... we looked it up...

It should be noted that we use both "cousin" and "niece/nephew" to refer to kids from uncles/aunts. In Dutch, it's nicht/neef or kozijn, the latter from the French word "cousin" (in French you do not pronounce the last N). Therefor, their children are twice removed... or some such...

In any case... it grows our family with 1, bringing the grand total of our tiny family back to 15.
                            Okay, I understand now. Kinda.

Anyway, that's wonderful news! I like the name Vic.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Awww, congratulations!

Comment

Sweet. Now you can tell baby stories. I'm starting to work on a family tree and have realized that my memory has huge gaps. Don't count on remembering the name of your great aunt's first husband when you're old. Get all that info together before the ones who know pass on. I wish I had.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X