No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    (except with George Martin himself who's a slacker with his books).
    Heck, GRRM's drought isn't even the longest. Melanie Rawn fans have been waiting over 20 years for book 3 in the Exiles trilogy.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    If you're still avoiding End Game spoilers, avoid the Spider Man Far From Home trailer that just came out today (though it was great!). Pretty bad when Marvel is doing the spoiling, but I guess they did warn us.
    Yeah, there was a lot of speculation over on Reddit the past couple of weeks that the Russos' deliberately mentioned they were dropping their spoiler wall today because they knew the FFH trailer would drop today. As for the trailer itself, OMGSOGOOD!

Loved the books. Mostly loved season one through seven. Season 8 is just not gelling for me. There was a Starbucks cup in last's nights episode for goodness sake.
    LMAO! I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for that when I rewatch it!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I'm hoping that knowing what is going to happen will lessen the blow. I'm a spoiler whore. I still haven't decided if I'm going to spoil myself when the last Star Wars comes out. That seems so far away, though.
      It takes a lot to make this ole gal tear up but I admit at one point my eyes got a bit moisty. Must be allergies.

We took SR Jr. to the first Star Wars when he was a bitty baby and have followed it religiously ever since, but I just can't make myself care about the new bunch of characters.

Everyone on Tumblr is talking about Game of Thrones. Am I the only person who has not watched it? Someone recommended it to me but I'm too cheap to either buy the series or subscribe to HBO.
      I read the books and tried to watch the first ep but couldn't get past all the nudity. Yeah, I know. Evidently words on paper and images on a screen affect different areas of my brain. Who knew?
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You're not. I have a colleague who hasn't seen it (a few more I reckon but I don't interact with those on a daily basis to definitively know). And PH also hasn't seen it, even though she build a dragon egg recently. Says it's a pinecone but it's definitely a dragon egg.

When she asked whether she should watch it, I told her that it's something that you have to decide for yourself. You can't really rely on anyone else for it because they will probably say they love it, or hated it, but this really depends on your very own personal taste and preference. If you can make it through the first 5 minutes unscathed, and haven't turned off the episode yet, there's a good chance you'll be among the many who like watching it.

Even I was reluctant at first, but I am certainly glad I continued watching (and reading the books) because I have not been dissappointed (except with George Martin himself who's a slacker with his books).
        People on Tumblr have been complaining big time about this latest season. I guess I'll wait until it's all done, and see what people say then. If it ends in a satisfactory way, then I'll give it a try. (Although the cheap part of me wishes the episodes were on Hulu or Netflix).

Hope you caught some z's. Not being able to sleep just sucks.
        I did, thanks. And yes, it does suck!!

Loved the books. Mostly loved season one through seven. Season 8 is just not gelling for me. There was a Starbucks cup in last's nights episode for goodness sake.
        I saw a pic of that.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It takes a lot to make this ole gal tear up but I admit at one point my eyes got a bit moisty. Must be allergies.

We took SR Jr. to the first Star Wars when he was a bitty baby and have followed it religiously ever since, but I just can't make myself care about the new bunch of characters.
        I didn't care for the new characters when I watched the first one, but The Last Jedi got me hooked again.

I read the books and tried to watch the first ep but couldn't get past all the nudity. Yeah, I know. Evidently words on paper and images on a screen affect different areas of my brain. Who knew?
        Yeah, I can understand that. Reading smut and watching smut are two different things for some reason.

Comment

The nudity didn't bother me one bit, the blood splashing every which way and the severed heads on the other hand... that's where I was a little turned off, but heck it's medieval fantasy, heads will roll... and other body parts too.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The nudity didn't bother me one bit, the blood splashing every which way and the severed heads on the other hand... that's where I was a little turned off, but heck it's medieval fantasy, heads will roll... and other body parts too.
            Severed heads?? Oh my.

Comment

Severed heads?? Oh my.
              In the first 20 minutes of the first episodes there is at least one beheading... and that's after the severed body parts in the first 10.

Comment

In the first 20 minutes of the first episodes there is at least one beheading... and that's after the severed body parts in the first 10.
                Okay I don't know if that will squick me out.

In other news, how are you liking "Casualties of War"?

Comment

In other news, how are you liking "Casualties of War"?
                  I'm only 47 pages in so far but Laura Cadman's appearance already made it far better than the novelization of Rising.

I should perhaps mention that I'm currently reading 10 books at once, a chapter in each book... so err... not sticking to one book at the time.

Comment

I'm only 47 pages in so far but Laura Cadman's appearance already made it far better than the novelization of Rising.

I should perhaps mention that I'm currently reading 10 books at once, a chapter in each book... so err... not sticking to one book at the time.
                    Oh my goodness, 10 books at once. Yikes. I'm impressed. I'm currently reading zero books at once.

Comment

I'm just the opposite but you sound like my DIL. She won't watch horror or extreme violence. Though she does like the Netflix show Santa Clarita Diet in which Drew Barrymore is a zombie, but she says it's funny so that's okay. ???
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, I can understand that. Reading smut and watching smut are two different things for some reason.
                        Yeah, it's weird. For me, it seems to come down to context. Some nudity is just downright cringe-inducing, other times it's mildly amusing, other times it's just meh. *shrugs*

And that's only the first episode of the first season. Some episodes are tamer than others, but overall it snowballs from there.

I'm just the opposite but you sound like my DIL. She won't watch horror or extreme violence. Though she does like the Netflix show Santa Clarita Diet in which Drew Barrymore is a zombie, but she says it's funny so that's okay. ???
                        Yep, it's all about the context.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll take Game of Thrones over that any day of the week after a friend described the subject to me one Netflix conversation ago.

Medieval fantasy beats zombie... and the Army of the Dead is also very zombie-like but they don't eat brains... at least, I don't think they do.

Comment

I'll take Game of Thrones over that any day of the week after a friend described the subject to me one Netflix conversation ago.

Medieval fantasy beats zombie... and the Army of the Dead is also very zombie-like but they don't eat brains... at least, I don't think they do.
                            I had to be talked into watching at first but now love it. Drew doesn't eat brains but she loves to snack on ears. In the first season she ate
                            Spoiler:
                            Nathan Fillion, buried his body in the desert and kept his talking head in the basement. In the second season Alan Tudyk took over the roll.
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched the latest season of that show because Goran Visnjic was on it (I'm obsessed with the man, I tells ya - he is to me what Joe Flanigan is to you). It was pretty funny. But not so funny that I went back to watch the non-Goran episodes. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Yeah, it's weird. For me, it seems to come down to context. Some nudity is just downright cringe-inducing, other times it's mildly amusing, other times it's just meh. *shrugs*
                              That's a good way to describe it!

Comment

I had to be talked into watching at first but now love it. Drew doesn't eat brains but she loves to snack on ears. In the first season she ate
                                Spoiler:
                                Nathan Fillion, buried his body in the desert and kept his talking head in the basement. In the second season Alan Tudyk took over the roll.
                                -- she really did keep the best part.

Comment

Working...
                                X