No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm home! It took me three days to get to Chicago. Snow delays on my original flight last Saturday and I didn't make it to the city until Monday. Thank goodness my travel home was not so bad. Only a few hours delay and then sweet dreams in my own bed.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Sufring went as well as one would expect from someone who has never stood on a surfboard before, other than windsurfing on a lake (meaning, little to no waves).

Swallowed a lot of Atlantic Ocean water (microplastics, I'm sure, included) and it tasted disgusting. Nearly drowned. My instructor had to literally fish me out of the water and haul me up out of the waves -- like catching salmon he said (I'm certainly not a salmon as I had literally no idea at that point what up or down was -- quite scary actually). Collected more sand in every part of my wetsuit, in my ears and hair, and will continue to find that sand for weeks to come, I'm sure.

BUT I had lots of fun (bar nearly drowning and swallowing all that water) and I definitely want to try it again some day.
    Lol, that story was the BEST way to start my day!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I have seen Avengers: Endgame, and OMG my mind is blown. Cried so much I actually gave myself a headache. The one thing I was worried about turned out much better than I had hoped (but was still quite sad). Oh, and JT-2? You really need to see it. Trust me. PM me if you want a spoiler. (unless of course you've already seen it, in which case you probably know what I'm talking about )
    That movie was like a sucker punch to the heart, but I really can't wait to see it again. There was so much going on in the last hour my eyes couldn't keep up with everything. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that filled all corners of the screen was filled with so much action with known characters and not just extras to fill out the space.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm studying for my medical health records test. Oh my god the web series we have to watch is so freaking boring. Hence, I'm goofing off by being here.
    I think you are due a study break- you've been going non-stop, poor thing! Hope you ended up getting some productive studying in.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I'm studying for my medical health records test. Oh my god the web series we have to watch is so freaking boring. Hence, I'm goofing off by being here.

Gratuitous Shep whump:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42900[/ATTACH]
      I'm with Zandra's Ashes, you need a study break! Hope the test goes well!

I thought Infinity War was boring so I don't know about Endgame but considering it's only a matter of time before some moron spoils the hell out of it -- someone already did and I doubt they realized they did but got blocked/ignored anyway -- I'll have to just swallow the 20 euro that trip to the cinema will cost me, and that's without M&M's and a bottle of coke -- so I'll probably have lost 50 euro in the end (tickets, drinks and food for 2 people). I wish films were a money back guaranteed if you don't like them. The time you're never getting back but perhaps a free ticket to see another one instead... I doubt my cinema will go for it.
      Heh, yeah there have been times I wished I could've gotten my money back, that's for sure. Unfortunately, once the movie comes out, it's basically fair game anywhere one goes, both online and offline. I stayed off all social media where I figured there was a high risk of getting spoiled. What tripped me up was I wasn't quite as rabid with my Tumblr filters as I should have been. My fault, really.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I'm home! It took me three days to get to Chicago. Snow delays on my original flight last Saturday and I didn't make it to the city until Monday. Thank goodness my travel home was not so bad. Only a few hours delay and then sweet dreams in my own bed.
      Glad you had a great trip!

That movie was like a sucker punch to the heart, but I really can't wait to see it again. There was so much going on in the last hour my eyes couldn't keep up with everything. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that filled all corners of the screen was filled with so much action with known characters and not just extras to fill out the space.
      I'm not sure when I'm going to see it again. I'm still processing it all, LOL.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Unfortunately, once the movie comes out, it's basically fair game anywhere one goes, both online and offline.
        You do realize Europe gets them before the US does, right?

And no, it isn't. It's common courtesy to respect others people's wish not to be told what's gonna happen unless it's painfully obvious how a film will end, by which I mean --> Titanic (I mean, the ship sinks). I find that so far on twitter (I might add), I have seen enough people who have seen it (multiple times even) and warn about "spoilers inside" or "here be spoilers" so anyone who scrolls past knows to avoid those threads.

Take Stargate Origins for example -- that was literally spoiled to kingdom come, while Infinity War under the hashtag ThanosDemandsSilence around the same time wasn't. The same I think with the current hashtag floating about.

It can be done -- the people just have to want it, and those I see spoiling it for others will be blocked/muted and I'll happily return the favor. I have no mercy... in fact, on the message feed that shall not be named someone is about to find out what happens in The Long Night, episode 3 of Game of Thrones (if they haven't watched it yet, that is).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You do realize Europe gets them before the US does, right?
          Oh, absolutely. I actually go into lockdown when they do the red carpet in the US, which is usually a day or two before the overseas markets start opening.

And no, it isn't. It's common courtesy to respect others people's wish not to be told what's gonna happen unless it's painfully obvious how a film will end, by which I mean --> Titanic (I mean, the ship sinks). I find that so far on twitter (I might add), I have seen enough people who have seen it (multiple times even) and warn about "spoilers inside" or "here be spoilers" so anyone who scrolls past knows to avoid those threads.

Take Stargate Origins for example -- that was literally spoiled to kingdom come, while Infinity War under the hashtag ThanosDemandsSilence around the same time wasn't. The same I think with the current hashtag floating about.
          Heck, Marvel themselves have spoiled a few significant moments of the movie with the video clips they've been posting to Twitter all week.

It can be done -- the people just have to want it, and those I see spoiling it for others will be blocked/muted and I'll happily return the favor. I have no mercy... in fact, on the message feed that shall not be named someone is about to find out what happens in The Long Night, episode 3 of Game of Thrones (if they haven't watched it yet, that is).
          AHAHAHAHAHAH! Now that's evil! I love it!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Welcome back!! I was just wondering where you were.

I think you are due a study break- you've been going non-stop, poor thing! Hope you ended up getting some productive studying in.

I'm with Zandra's Ashes, you need a study break! Hope the test goes well!
            Thanks, guys. I passed the test! It's not as big a deal as that last big test, but it's a certification I can pad my resume with.

All I have left is 2 math tests over the next 2 Mondays. I'm not worried about them. Now I have to actually find a job.

I think people respected the spoilers for Endgame, for the most part. I had to go searching for spoilers.

Comment

Heck, Marvel themselves have spoiled a few significant moments of the movie with the video clips they've been posting to Twitter all week.
              Haven't seen any, and I'm literally ... well almost... married to twitter.

I haven't even seen a single trailer... no idea how I managed that though. It just kinda happened.

Comment

I went to the drug store to buy some liquid melatonin to help me sleep. The cashier says "having trouble sleeping? " Well let's see. It's 10:45 at night and I'm buying a sleep aid. Damn, you are so clever to figure that out.

It's possible I'm just cranky.

Very possible.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and May the Fourth Be With You!

Haven't seen any, and I'm literally ... well almost... married to twitter.

I haven't even seen a single trailer... no idea how I managed that though. It just kinda happened.
                  Whew, you dodged some blows then!

I went to the drug store to buy some liquid melatonin to help me sleep. The cashier says "having trouble sleeping? " Well let's see. It's 10:45 at night and I'm buying a sleep aid. Damn, you are so clever to figure that out.

Very possible.
                  If I was having trouble sleeping, I'd certainly be cranky too! Hope you got some good sleep!

Comment

Whew, you dodged some blows then!
                    I'd share the secret if I actually knew how I did but alas... not a clue how I managed it.

Comment

If I was having trouble sleeping, I'd certainly be cranky too! Hope you got some good sleep!
                      Eventually I got some. Enough to keep me going and make me less cranky.

Comment

I finally watched Infinity War in preparation to see Endgame this week. It was pretty good, once I got past that whole nastiness with Loki dying bit.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'd share the secret if I actually knew how I did but alas... not a clue how I managed it.
                          Sometimes, accidentally is the best method of all.

Eventually I got some. Enough to keep me going and make me less cranky.
                          Yay sleep!

I finally watched Infinity War in preparation to see Endgame this week. It was pretty good, once I got past that whole nastiness with Loki dying bit.
                          Brace yourself...and bring tissues.

Comment

Brace yourself...and bring tissues.
                            I'm hoping that knowing what is going to happen will lessen the blow. I'm a spoiler whore. I still haven't decided if I'm going to spoil myself when the last Star Wars comes out. That seems so far away, though.

Everyone on Tumblr is talking about Game of Thrones. Am I the only person who has not watched it? Someone recommended it to me but I'm too cheap to either buy the series or subscribe to HBO.

Comment

Everyone on Tumblr is talking about Game of Thrones. Am I the only person who has not watched it? Someone recommended it to me but I'm too cheap to either buy the series or subscribe to HBO.
                              You're not. I have a colleague who hasn't seen it (a few more I reckon but I don't interact with those on a daily basis to definitively know). And PH also hasn't seen it, even though she build a dragon egg recently. Says it's a pinecone but it's definitely a dragon egg.

When she asked whether she should watch it, I told her that it's something that you have to decide for yourself. You can't really rely on anyone else for it because they will probably say they love it, or hated it, but this really depends on your very own personal taste and preference. If you can make it through the first 5 minutes unscathed, and haven't turned off the episode yet, there's a good chance you'll be among the many who like watching it.

Even I was reluctant at first, but I am certainly glad I continued watching (and reading the books) because I have not been dissappointed (except with George Martin himself who's a slacker with his books).

Comment

If you're still avoiding End Game spoilers, avoid the Spider Man Far From Home trailer that just came out today (though it was great!). Pretty bad when Marvel is doing the spoiling, but I guess they did warn us.

Very possible.
                                Hope you caught some z's. Not being able to sleep just sucks.

I'm hoping that knowing what is going to happen will lessen the blow. I'm a spoiler whore. I still haven't decided if I'm going to spoil myself when the last Star Wars comes out. That seems so far away, though.

Loved the books. Mostly loved season one through seven. Season 8 is just not gelling for me. There was a Starbucks cup in last's nights episode for goodness sake.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X