Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    So I did remember the ending correctly.

Interesting that the ending of the novel and the ending of the first ep went from Sheyla to Sparky. Hmmm. Maybe they took a good look and realized where the chemistry was but, of course, as in all shows they would never have done anything about it.
    I suspect they just realized they wanted the star actor in the closing shot.

Not that you're wrong about the chemistry thing, but I don't think they were smart enough to recognize that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Then a reprint should have done to fix the problem.
      Happens all the time too (and makes first editions such collector's items sometimes).

Also found other mistakes -- double words, spelling, and sometimes even mix-ups of he/she. Should have gotten the red pen out.
      LOL, they'd never spend the money to do a reprint.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      These tie-in novels aren't always the best books. There was one I read for DS9 that looked like it was written by a 5th grader. Every chapter was 2 or 3 pages. It was mostly lines of dialogue with no exposition at all.

No, I didn't finish it.
      Now that's just scary.

Not that you're wrong about the chemistry thing, but I don't think they were smart enough to recognize that.
      Indeed.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

There was an evacuation at my college today. They found some shell casings or something. No shooter was found. They were just being extra cautious because of all the recent school shootings. What a scary time to be growing up. I feel bad for kids now that have to have lock down drills and such.

Of course, when I was little (in the '80s) it was the threat of nuclear war so I guess there's always something.

And now my English class is DONE! Praise be!! I have 3 classes left - 2 math and 1 medical records.

Comment

There was an evacuation at my college today. They found some shell casings or something. No shooter was found. They were just being extra cautious because of all the recent school shootings. What a scary time to be growing up. I feel bad for kids now that have to have lock down drills and such.
          Kids in the US -- but here, still only fire drills.

One of the many things I simply can't wrap my head around why those gun laws in the Wild West haven't been adjusted to make sure those drills aren't necessary.

Anyhoodle... politics aside... shell casings do come from life firings so who knows what occured for them to get there. Of course, better shell casings without an active shooter then with...

Also, started another novel... Casualties of War -- no cringing has occured... yet.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What was I thinking? You're right of course.

One of the many things I simply can't wrap my head around why those gun laws in the Wild West haven't been adjusted to make sure those drills aren't necessary.

Anyhoodle... politics aside... shell casings do come from life firings so who knows what occured for them to get there. Of course, better shell casings without an active shooter then with...

Also, started another novel... Casualties of War -- no cringing has occured... yet.
            And yet school shootings and church shootings still take place in spite of very strict gun laws. I think bad guys can get guns no matter what. Or maybe they'll try knives, bombs or rocks if they really want to do evil things. I grew up around guns. Everybody had them in their home and we used to shoot at cans for fun. Yet never did I hear of any of the violence we have today.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ooooh, that's a good one!

What was I thinking? You're right of course.
              Naturally I'm right.

And yet school shootings and church shootings still take place in spite of very strict gun laws. I think bad guys can get guns no matter what. Or maybe they'll try knives, bombs or rocks if they really want to do evil things. I grew up around guns. Everybody had them in their home and we used to shoot at cans for fun. Yet never did I hear of any of the violence we have today.
              Although we disagree about gun policies, I will agree that this is a new phenomena that I don't know the reason for. It's so normalized now for there to be school shootings. They barely make the news anymore. I have to admit I felt some trepidation going into my class today. First time I'd really thought about it happening.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Now that's just scary.
              As scary as having Wraith named things like Moonbeam. LOL!!!
              Last edited by JT-2; 01 May 2019, 03:41 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

Ooooh, that's a good one!
                Oh... I trust your judgement.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Of course, when I was little (in the '80s) it was the threat of nuclear war so I guess there's always something.
                  It was just fire and earthquake drills for us.

And now my English class is DONE! Praise be!! I have 3 classes left - 2 math and 1 medical records.
                  Hooray! Another one off the list!

Agreed with JT-2, that's one of the good ones. Hope you enjoy it!

Indeed.

As scary as having Wraith named things like Moonbeam. LOL!!!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We saw the Avengers movie yesterday. It was odd to find the theater nearly full at 11am on a weekday. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled and was sad and thrilled at the same time. As a casual fan, I found parts a bit confusing and did a lot of "who is that guy?" but the hardcore fans surrounding me seemed to get it.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah I'm waiting to see it until the crowds die down. Not a fan of crowds.

Comment

I'm studying for my medical health records test. Oh my god the web series we have to watch is so freaking boring. Hence, I'm goofing off by being here.

Gratuitous Shep whump:

vegas5.jpg

Comment

I thought Infinity War was boring so I don't know about Endgame but considering it's only a matter of time before some moron spoils the hell out of it -- someone already did and I doubt they realized they did but got blocked/ignored anyway -- I'll have to just swallow the 20 euro that trip to the cinema will cost me, and that's without M&M's and a bottle of coke -- so I'll probably have lost 50 euro in the end (tickets, drinks and food for 2 people). I wish films were a money back guaranteed if you don't like them. The time you're never getting back but perhaps a free ticket to see another one instead... I doubt my cinema will go for it.

Comment

?Speaking of that final Rising scene. Aren't they pretty?

normal_atl_102_2494.JPG

Comment

?Speaking of that final Rising scene. Aren't they pretty?
                              Definitely prefer this ending to the novel ending...

Comment

Definitely prefer this ending to the novel ending...
                                Absolutely!!

I like your idea for a refund on bad movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X