Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    So, FH, did you see Jason Isaacs and Lana Parrilla?
    I did. Jason was amazing. So was Lana of course.
    And Tom Hopper -- his Q&A was hilarious.

Autographs from all three, 2 new T-shirts from Teeturtle, a fantasy coloring book and 13's sonic screwdriver.... that was my loot of the day.

Jason's T-shirt though... He was wearing a blue shirt that read "B0ll0cks to Brexit #peoplesvote" on the front. Well, at least we know where he stands on the matter. Tom Hopper, on the other hand was a lot more neutral when asked about Brexit. He did say Britain had to get it together and determine what it wants because they are making a fool of themselves.

Edit: Yes, I'm circumventing the filter and I apologize for it but that's what his T-shirt said.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Lucky! I'm the person who either gets offered the pity gift like a bouncy ball or asked to leave before I injure anyone else.
      Heh, me too!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. It's going to be a long week until I find out. I got 100 on my math test, but then I AM math girl. If only there was a job where you could do fractions and algebra for a living, while not having to deal with people. I'd be set!
      It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was such a job...the trick is finding it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Autographs from all three, 2 new T-shirts from Teeturtle, a fantasy coloring book and 13's sonic screwdriver.... that was my loot of the day.

Jason's T-shirt though... He was wearing a blue shirt that read "B0ll0cks to Brexit #peoplesvote" on the front. Well, at least we know where he stands on the matter. Tom Hopper, on the other hand was a lot more neutral when asked about Brexit. He did say Britain had to get it together and determine what it wants because they are making a fool of themselves.

Edit: Yes, I'm circumventing the filter and I apologize for it but that's what his T-shirt said.
      LOL! Glad you had fun at the convention, sounds like it was a blast!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. It's going to be a long week until I find out. I got 100 on my math test, but then I AM math girl. If only there was a job where you could do fractions and algebra for a living, while not having to deal with people. I'd be set!

So, FH, did you see Jason Isaacs and Lana Parrilla?
        And I would starve. Though I can do fractions. On a 6th grade level.

We had dinner with British friends last weekend, and they are talking about moving to Scotland when they retire. Previous plans were to go back to England. What a mess they have made over there.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sounds like a great time!! I'm glad you had fun.

And to his shirt!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was such a job...the trick is finding it.
          If I ever do find it, I'll be forever happy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I wish you could write my informal report I have to write for business writing. I keep putting it off. Ugh.

Comment

I wish you could write my informal report I have to write for business writing. I keep putting it off. Ugh.
            You can probably do a much better job than I could. I'm rusty on the rules, which they keep changing.

FH, Mr. SR and I just booked a Rhine river cruise for next September that includes Brussels and Bruges. I have always wanted to visit Bruges so this is a dream come true. We are also spending a few days in Paris. So excited.
            sigpic

Comment

FH, Mr. SR and I just booked a Rhine river cruise for next September that includes Brussels and Bruges. I have always wanted to visit Bruges so this is a dream come true. We are also spending a few days in Paris. So excited.
              Bruges is indeed very well worth a visit.
              As is Brussels, but Bruges wins over Brussels.

I'm visiting Paris in May, with 2 of my colleagues.
              Though I just, last week, discovered that we'll be going during the weekend that we have European, Federal and Flemish elections. Woops! I sure know how to pick my weekends.

Comment

Bruges is indeed very well worth a visit.
                As is Brussels, but Bruges wins over Brussels.

I'm visiting Paris in May, with 2 of my colleagues.
                Though I just, last week, discovered that we'll be going during the weekend that we have European, Federal and Flemish elections. Woops! I sure know how to pick my weekends.
                I have seen a couple of movies on the Hallmark Channel set in Bruges and it looks wonderful. Close to time I'll ask for more advice.
                sigpic

Comment

I have seen a couple of movies on the Hallmark Channel set in Bruges and it looks wonderful. Close to time I'll ask for more advice.
                  Crazy thought: maybe we can meet up, depending on the days you're in Brussels, or Bruges.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'd starve, too. Fractions are the bane of my existence. But I can do decimals.

We had dinner with British friends last weekend, and they are talking about moving to Scotland when they retire. Previous plans were to go back to England. What a mess they have made over there.
                    Which could get even more interesting given the Brexit-induced agitating for Scottish independence.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The UK isn't out of the Union just yet -- possible extension until June 30 but then the UK will have to participate in the European elections. if they don't, they're out on Friday.

Comment

Waiting a week for my test results is slowly driving me insane. As my mother would have said - short drive. I went and walked on the beach today. I love living near the ocean.

You can probably do a much better job than I could. I'm rusty on the rules, which they keep changing.
                        Yeah. My teacher marked me down 5 points for single spacing my references, but then some of the web sites she sent me to had single spaced them! I pointed this out to her, and she was like "yeaaaaah, I don't know".

That's a great trip!! Good for you!

I'd starve, too. Fractions are the bane of my existence. But I can do decimals.
                        It's funny how things that are easy to one person are hard for another. You can write fic which I can't do. I've tried. I can plan it out in my head, but can't get that to paper.

Which could get even more interesting given the Brexit-induced agitating for Scottish independence.
                        The UK isn't out of the Union just yet -- possible extension until June 30 but then the UK will have to participate in the European elections. if they don't, they're out on Friday.
                        As someone who doesn't know too much about this, why can't they vote again about Brexit? It seems like most people don't support it any more.
                        Last edited by JT-2; 10 April 2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

As someone who doesn't know too much about this, why can't they vote again about Brexit? It seems like most people don't support it any more.
                          Here's an easy guide to Brexit: "Brexit: All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU"

From the article to answer your question:

Could there be another referendum?

It would have to be put into law by the government, which has previously ruled it out. But having failed three times to get MPs to support her withdrawal deal, Theresa May has held talks with Jeremy Corbyn about finding a way forward. Some Labour MPs want Mr Corbyn to make a "confirmatory vote" on any deal a condition of any agreement. If Labour and the Conservatives fail to reach an agreement, MPs will face a series of votes on Brexit options, which could include another referendum. Mrs May has said her government "stands ready to abide by the decision of the House" if Labour does the same. MPs have twice rejected a "confirmatory vote" in Commons votes although the second attempt saw an increased number back it.

Comment

Thanks, FH!!!

Comment

You're welcome.

Even we need this sometimes to remind ourselves where they are heading, or not heading.
                              It's annoying not knowing cause we want to go back to Scotland (still planning on writing that travel report from last summer) over the summer, and ordering things from the UK. Should I or not, cause with a Brexit, import costs will be back.

Comment

Crazy thought: maybe we can meet up, depending on the days you're in Brussels, or Bruges.
                                That would be great. We'll be there only one day, the morning in Brussels and afternoon in Bruges. Then we spend the night in Bruges. We'll talk closer to time. We leave here on Sept 14.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X