No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It dropped 30 degrees Fahrenheit over the course of 24 hours here. Yesterday we were in the 80s and today it's the 50s. Me, not having seen the forecast, went out this morning in summer clothes.

https://media.giphy.com/media/PmkkiaCjD27Xq/giphy.gif
    Eeek! Pesky weather demons! On the other hand, hey, fall is finally here! No more icky humid hot summer!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It dropped 30 degrees Fahrenheit over the course of 24 hours here. Yesterday we were in the 80s and today it's the 50s. Me, not having seen the forecast, went out this morning in summer clothes.

I just turned off the AC and turned on the heat. It's weird here though because the leaves aren't really turning yet. In fact a lot of green ones are just falling off the trees. It's like fall is just too much of an effort this year.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Eeek! Pesky weather demons! On the other hand, hey, fall is finally here! No more icky humid hot summer!
        YES!! YAY for fall weather!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I just turned off the AC and turned on the heat. It's weird here though because the leaves aren't really turning yet. In fact a lot of green ones are just falling off the trees. It's like fall is just too much of an effort this year.
        I had my heat on in the car this morning. I haven't yet pulled the trigger to turn it on at the house. You're right about the trees. I don't think we're going to have a very pretty fall.

And I just realized a big grammar error I made with my last post. Too many nights of insomnia are starting to get to me.

Comment

YES!! YAY for fall weather!!

I had my heat on in the car this morning. I haven't yet pulled the trigger to turn it on at the house. You're right about the trees. I don't think we're going to have a very pretty fall.

And I just realized a big grammar error I made with my last post. Too many nights of insomnia are starting to get to me.
          I must be losing it because I missed the error. Therefore, it doesn't matter.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I must be losing it because I missed the error. Therefore, it doesn't matter.
            Well, that makes me feel better.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I think I'm the exact opposite as far as car vs. house heating, still haven't done it in the car yet. But then, maybe that's because I'm usually out in the middle of the day and it's quite pleasant by then.

As for the leaves falling without turning, that is NOT happy. The turning leaves are one of the happiest things about fall!

In other news, on to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 22-19, USC beat Colorado 31-20, and it was a bad day all around for Atlantis as Air Force lost to San Diego State 21-17, and Navy lost to Temple 24-17. This morning's PT run is gonna be miserable.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...Air Force lost to San Diego State 21-17...
                I'm starting to detect a pattern with these Falcons... up, down, up, down... like actual birds, it seems. So next week has to be a win again.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As for the leaves falling without turning, that is NOT happy. The turning leaves are one of the happiest things about fall!
                  I almost turned the heat on last night. My house got down to 60. My oil bill is just so high these days that I am reluctant to start the heat up.

And yes, if we don't have some pretty foliage I will be disappointed.

I wanted to ask FH something. I watched a soccer game last week between England and Croatia and they played with no one in the stands at all. What was that about?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I'm starting to detect a pattern with these Falcons... up, down, up, down... like actual birds, it seems. So next week has to be a win again.
                    Let's hope!

I almost turned the heat on last night. My house got down to 60. My oil bill is just so high these days that I am reluctant to start the heat up.
                    *shudders* Evidently, I still haven't adapted to the colder temperatures up here. I'm wearing flannel-lined jeans and fleece-lined hoodies indoors at 60 degrees.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Let's hope!

*shudders* Evidently, I still haven't adapted to the colder temperatures up here. I'm wearing flannel-lined jeans and fleece-lined hoodies indoors at 60 degrees.
                      I think that sweater and bonfire weather will hit here this weekend. The forecast is a low of 39- eek!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        I think that sweater and bonfire weather will hit here this weekend. The forecast is a low of 39- eek!
                        That's the expected low tonight here too. I'm going to try leaving the heat off and see what happens. It was in the 60s today so the house is heated up. However, I might end up being an icicle. Time will tell.

Comment

I wanted to ask FH something. I watched a soccer game last week between England and Croatia and they played with no one in the stands at all. What was that about?
                          This usually occurs to prevent the "hooligans" on boths sides from making a mess before, during and after the game takes place. Or because one or both teams have broken the UEFA rules in some way and penalties apply.

The reason this game was played behind closed doors was because of penalties against the host country, in this case Croatia.

From the article in the Independant:

England’s UEFA Nations League fixture against Croatia this evening will be played behind closed doors due to sanctions imposed on the hosts.

Croatia received a two-game penalty after a swastika appeared to be imprinted onto the pitch prior to the country’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Italy.

That game was also being played behind closed doors due to racist chants by Croatian supporters in another fixture against Norway.

Comment

Thanks, FH! That's just awful. A good reason for a penalty.

Comment

Do you still hear songs that make you want to run to some forum and beg for someone to make a John/Elizabeth video with? I haven't gone looking on YouTube in a while for anything new as it's kind of disheartening when there is not. In a less somber train of thought, I had a dream last night that they did a spin off series with John, his team, Lorne, and Elizabeth on the run in Pegasus while cut off from Atlantis. That was after a decaf coffee with Baileys. Think I ought to try to the same nightcap tonight, lol.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              This usually occurs to prevent the "hooligans" on boths sides from making a mess before, during and after the game takes place. Or because one or both teams have broken the UEFA rules in some way and penalties apply.

The reason this game was played behind closed doors was because of penalties against the host country, in this case Croatia.

From the article in the Independant:
                              Makes sense, but how strange must that be for the players? And how strange to watch? It can't be as much fun.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                Makes sense, but how strange must that be for the players? And how strange to watch? It can't be as much fun.
                                It's strange, especially since you can actually hear what the players yell at each other so people were joking that perhaps the English coach might have told his players not to curse too much cause now it would have been drown out by the audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X