Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You'll have to do what I've done and flush some stuff. For example, who needs algebra anymore? Well maybe you do, Mathgirl, but I figured I can get along just fine without it.
    FORGET ALGEBRA?!?!?!

That's sacrilegious. MathGirl is horrified.

I also appear to have lost quite a bit of physics, but oddly enough I can remember a bunch of the periodic table. Working on that one. Mr. SR never could spell, so he's slightly ahead of the game but he's forgotten a number of names of people he's known all his life. Most of them are dead, so that's no biggie. Next I plan to work on flushing geometry and geography. Young people today can't read maps, so nobody will notice that last one thanks to GPS.
    I've already purged most of my college stuff, long time ago. The only physics thing I remember was this bit I can recite because I could mimic my professor's Indian accent pretty well. My 4 years of high school Spanish got wiped out while I was just in college.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Unless that GPS sends you into the water or into a one-way street the wrong way...

Yeah, you should be OK.
    Before I had my car maps updated, it would actually show me in the water where they had rebuilt some highway. It cracked me up to look at my car driving on the water.

Comment

Unless that GPS sends you into the water or into a one-way street the wrong way...

Yeah, you should be OK.
      That almost happened to us in Florida when we were looking for a certain grocery store. LOL

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      FORGET ALGEBRA?!?!?!

That's sacrilegious. MathGirl is horrified.
      Actually I didn't have to forget much because I didn't retain most of it in the first place.

I've already purged most of my college stuff, long time ago. The only physics thing I remember was this bit I can recite because I could mimic my professor's Indian accent pretty well. My 4 years of high school Spanish got wiped out while I was just in college.
      I forgot about foreign languages. Who needs them anyway? Though Spanish does come in handy around here if you ever have any sort of workers come into your house.

Before I had my car maps updated, it would actually show me in the water where they had rebuilt some highway. It cracked me up to look at my car driving on the water.
      We just recently paid $200 to update our maps. Not pleased.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LOL!! Yes, I love it when that happens or your car looks like it's driving in the middle of no and where.

That almost happened to us in Florida when we were looking for a certain grocery store. LOL
        Woops

I forgot about foreign languages. Who needs them anyway?
        Mais, le Français -- c'est la langue le plus romantique. N'est-ce pas?

Ik spreek dus een beetje Frans en een beetje Duits, zo af en toe.

And of course, know a few words in English.

My beginner course of Spanish yielded little result, other than that I'm quite capable of listening to a conversation but unable to answer.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Preach it sistahs!
          I come from a family of teachers too. I actually have a masters in education, but I left the field years ago. I loved working with children, but the parents? Oh. Hell no. No way could I do thirty years of that. Not enough wine in the world. The alcoholic kind, that is. My props to all that have the patience necessary for that.

I'm trying to do that, but the old junk is stubborn and doesn't want to leave.

I watched a few SGA episodes last night - Echoes, Tao of Rodney, and Submersion. Good Sparky times. You'll never be able to convince me that Carl Binder wasn't trying to be Sparky shippy when writing John carrying Elizabeth bridal style to the infirmary.
          The old junk is stubborn. So much randomness that is stuck. Like old songs. Actually, some of those are okay, but I could use a delete button for bad songs and TV commercials that you can't erase no matter how hard you try. Old phone numbers. (Certain) Old boyfriends. That kind of stuff

Oh yeah. Sparky was there. Tao of Rodney had a lot of good moments too. I just watched that one a week or so ago, and I can still hear John saying, "Elizabeth made me." That always makes me smile. Is there anyone else who could ever make him do anything he didn't want to do? Lol. Other random fact from that epp, every time I reach for something fattening from the fridge I hear Ronon's voice "You keep eating like that and it's more like Fatman." Every. Dang. Time.

Mais, le Français -- c'est la langue le plus romantique. N'est-ce pas?

Ik spreek dus een beetje Frans en een beetje Duits, zo af en toe.

And of course, know a few words in English.

My beginner course of Spanish yielded little result, other than that I'm quite capable of listening to a conversation but unable to answer.
          Je parle un peu francais. I've been considering classes in German or Italian for the brain workout (desperately needed. I have concerns, lol), plus they are on the to visit as soon as possible list.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I watched a few SGA episodes last night - Echoes, Tao of Rodney, and Submersion. Good Sparky times. You'll never be able to convince me that Carl Binder wasn't trying to be Sparky shippy when writing John carrying Elizabeth bridal style to the infirmary.
            *fans self* Ahhhh, mentioning that moments takes me right back. I could just put that scene on repeat all day. Binder was absolutely a Sparky, no ifs ands or buts about it. *fans self some more*

You'll have to do what I've done and flush some stuff. For example, who needs algebra anymore? Well maybe you do, Mathgirl, but I figured I can get along just fine without it. I also appear to have lost quite a bit of physics, but oddly enough I can remember a bunch of the periodic table. Working on that one. Mr. SR never could spell, so he's slightly ahead of the game but he's forgotten a number of names of people he's known all his life. Most of them are dead, so that's no biggie. Next I plan to work on flushing geometry and geography. Young people today can't read maps, so nobody will notice that last one thanks to GPS.
            Ugh, I still don't use GPS. Maps rule for this old fogey.

LOL, I actually had to take Spanish in college, and I could feel all the Spanish I took in high school draining away even in the college classes.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            The old junk is stubborn. So much randomness that is stuck. Like old songs. Actually, some of those are okay, but I could use a delete button for bad songs and TV commercials that you can't erase no matter how hard you try. Old phone numbers. (Certain) Old boyfriends. That kind of stuff
            LOL, yes to all of that. It's surprising to see just what sticks with you and what doesn't.

Oh yeah. Sparky was there. Tao of Rodney had a lot of good moments too. I just watched that one a week or so ago, and I can still hear John saying, "Elizabeth made me." That always makes me smile. Is there anyone else who could ever make him do anything he didn't want to do? Lol. Other random fact from that epp, every time I reach for something fattening from the fridge I hear Ronon's voice "You keep eating like that and it's more like Fatman." Every. Dang. Time.
            OMG. John was totally smitten by Elizabeth from Day One. No one can convince me otherwise.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Je parle un peu francais. I've been considering classes in German or Italian for the brain workout (desperately needed. I have concerns, lol), plus they are on the to visit as soon as possible list.
              Ah oui, le Français -- c'est magnifique.

I have to be honest, though, while French should in theory be my second language (Belgium is trilingual Dutch - French - German), it's not. It's Dutch (native), English, French, German... in that order. I can understand a little Spanish and read an Italian newspaper without much trouble. And fairly easily pick up Swedish tv-series (as the Millenium Trilogy proved).

Comment

I come from a family of teachers too. I actually have a masters in education, but I left the field years ago. I loved working with children, but the parents? Oh. Hell no. No way could I do thirty years of that. Not enough wine in the world. The alcoholic kind, that is. My props to all that have the patience necessary for that.
                I didn't make it for 30 years but a lot of my friends did. I'm not sure how they survived either. I liked the kids too and agree about the parents. Some of them thought we were their own personal tutors and others didn't want to hear anything you had to say. Just fix my kid and don't bother me about it. Then there was the administration which was another whole world of bother.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

We just recently paid $200 to update our maps. Not pleased.
                  Yeah I need to get mine updated again after some local construction changed things around, but I don't feel like paying the price. On the other hand, I'm planning a trip to Bermuda in August which I DON'T mind spending the money on. Priorities. *nods*

Yes!! A few old boyfriends could just go away in my brain as well.

I can recite a whole slew of Golden Girls episodes cause I've seen them so much. Heck, even some of the SGA episodes I can talk along with them. I'd like to dump that stuff from taking up space in my brain but it doesn't go away. And I have whole songs memorized. I don't even need the music. I can recite them. Plus I've got some useless trivia crap that could also go. It helps me win the game Trivia Crack, though.

Oh yeah. Sparky was there. Tao of Rodney had a lot of good moments too. I just watched that one a week or so ago, and I can still hear John saying, "Elizabeth made me." That always makes me smile. Is there anyone else who could ever make him do anything he didn't want to do? Lol. Other random fact from that epp, every time I reach for something fattening from
                  the fridge I hear Ronon's voice "You keep eating like that and it's more like Fatman." Every. Dang. Time.
                  LOL!! Now that's funny. Tao of Rodney had John leaning over Elizabeth's shoulder to read her laptop, and them having lunch. Even though it's a Rodney episode and Rodney was definitely over-used, it's my favorite. He wrote Elizabeth a 500 page book for crying out loud.

That's awesome that you're planning to travel to either of those places! I wish I had a brain for foreign languages. Math comes naturally but languages..... my brain just doesn't compute.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *fans self* Ahhhh, mentioning that moments takes me right back. I could just put that scene on repeat all day. Binder was absolutely a Sparky, no ifs ands or buts about it. *fans self some more*
                  And Torri hanging onto Joe even though she was supposed to be unconscious because the poor woman didn't want to get dropped. Always cracks me up.

Ugh, I still don't use GPS. Maps rule for this old fogey.
                  Sometimes I use maps too. My GPS doesn't work for crap in Boston. I put in a hospital in Boston and I first ended up in Roxbury then ended up at a house in the suburbs.

OMG. John was totally smitten by Elizabeth from Day One. No one can convince me otherwise.
                  *nods* I watched a few more episodes last night (insomnia is driving me mad). I watched Conversion, The Long Goodbye, Critical Mass, Progeny, The Real World, and Common Ground (told you - insomnia). I loved seeing Torri get to kick butt in The Long Goodbye. And never forget, John thought he was going to imprint with a man wanting to say goodbye to his wife - and he agreed to it. Ha!

Kolya: I think you underestimate the sympathetic nature of Dr. Weir.
                  John: Then you underestimate Elizabeth.

Comment

And I have whole songs memorized. I don't even need the music. I can recite them. Plus I've got some useless trivia crap that could also go. It helps me win the game Trivia Crack, though.
                    I can play entire symphonies in my head -- and I can't read a single note of music, or keep a tune -- in my head, however, in tune and on key. Mozart, Karl Jenkins, Beethoven, Händel, Strauss, ...

It used to be much worse, before I got my medication to focus. The brain has been quieted down -- which I kinda like, especially at night.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah I need to get mine updated again after some local construction changed things around, but I don't feel like paying the price. On the other hand, I'm planning a trip to Bermuda in August which I DON'T mind spending the money on. Priorities. *nods*
                      Priorities.

And Torri hanging onto Joe even though she was supposed to be unconscious because the poor woman didn't want to get dropped. Always cracks me up.
                      LOL, yep! I'd totally feel the same way!

Sometimes I use maps too. My GPS doesn't work for crap in Boston. I put in a hospital in Boston and I first ended up in Roxbury then ended up at a house in the suburbs.

*nods* I watched a few more episodes last night (insomnia is driving me mad). I watched Conversion, The Long Goodbye, Critical Mass, Progeny, The Real World, and Common Ground (told you - insomnia). I loved seeing Torri get to kick butt in The Long Goodbye. And never forget, John thought he was going to imprint with a man wanting to say goodbye to his wife - and he agreed to it. Ha!
                      Yep! He saw his chance and he grabbed it with both hands.

Kolya: I think you underestimate the sympathetic nature of Dr. Weir.
                      John: Then you underestimate Elizabeth.
                      Still gives me shivers.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ah oui, le Français -- c'est magnifique.

I have to be honest, though, while French should in theory be my second language (Belgium is trilingual Dutch - French - German), it's not. It's Dutch (native), English, French, German... in that order. I can understand a little Spanish and read an Italian newspaper without much trouble. And fairly easily pick up Swedish tv-series (as the Millenium Trilogy proved).
                        I wish we'd have more exposure to language at a young age in the states. I'm not sure how well my old brain is going to deal with learning something new, but I'm giving it a go anyway. And I'm losing more and more French each year, I need to work with it more consistently. I accidentally ended up with a minor in French at college (because I transferred schools), but I really only remember basic conversational stuff that let's me get by comfortably as a tourist, but that's about it.

LOL!! Now that's funny. Tao of Rodney had John leaning over Elizabeth's shoulder to read her laptop, and them having lunch. Even though it's a Rodney episode and Rodney was definitely over-used, it's my favorite. He wrote Elizabeth a 500 page book for crying out loud.
                        Bermuda! I'd prioritize that too. And as for Rodney and that 500 page book, all I can see is that it was a good thing Elizabeth's character didn't stay blonde, like the other actor who played her in SG1. Then Rodney would have totally thrown over his crush on Sam for Elizabeth. He would have been a goner. I mean, 500 pages. That's a little more than respect and friendship, right? Of course, I've always harbored the belief that Caldwell had a crush on her too, so maybe it's just me projecting.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yep! He saw his chance and he grabbed it with both hands.

Still gives me shivers.
                        Why couldn't we have seen that conversation where John agreed to step in for that husband/wife goodbye? I can just picture it- John's eyes darting nervously from Caldwell, to Rodney, to Carson. Wonder how fast his hand shot up in the air? Never in a million years would he have let anyone else volunteer over him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Bermuda! I'd prioritize that too. And as for Rodney and that 500 page book, all I can see is that it was a good thing Elizabeth's character didn't stay blonde, like the other actor who played her in SG1. Then Rodney would have totally thrown over his crush on Sam for Elizabeth. He would have been a goner. I mean, 500 pages. That's a little more than respect and friendship, right? Of course, I've always harbored the belief that Caldwell had a crush on her too, so maybe it's just me projecting.
                          LOL OMG Rodney would've definitely been a goner, all right!

Nah, it's not just you. I always thought Caldwell had a bit of a crush on Elizabeth, too.

Why couldn't we have seen that conversation where John agreed to step in for that husband/wife goodbye? I can just picture it- John's eyes darting nervously from Caldwell, to Rodney, to Carson. Wonder how fast his hand shot up in the air? Never in a million years would he have let anyone else volunteer over him.
                          Gah! Ohhhh, to be a fly on the wall during that discussion...why hasn't anyone written a missing scene fic about that? The comedy potential is limitless!

Comment

GateWorld is back up!! Woo hoo!!!

On the bad news front, Timeless was cancelled. Not unexpected, but very disappointing. Thanks again, ShipperWriter, for getting me into a show that's cancelled!!! (MathGirl says with sarcasm) Just kidding!

I wish we'd have more exposure to language at a young age in the states. I'm not sure how well my old brain is going to deal with learning something new, but I'm giving it a go anyway. And I'm losing more and more French each year, I need to work with it more consistently. I accidentally ended up with a minor in French at college (because I transferred schools), but I really only remember basic conversational stuff that let's me get by comfortably as a tourist, but that's about it.
                            Yeah, we really hinder ourselves by not learning languages until we're teens. You pick up language easier as kids. Good for you for learning! Vacation is a good motivator.

Yeah I just go along with the assumption that most of the men had crushes on Elizabeth. Caldwell, Rodney, Radek. And watching The Real World reminds me that I ship her with Jack too. And Daniel. Ah, the life of a multi-shipper. (John belongs to Elizabeth, however. He's HERS).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

LOL, the third time's the charm, right?

Sorry to hear about Timeless, that sucks.

Yeah I just go along with the assumption that most of the men had crushes on Elizabeth. Caldwell, Rodney, Radek. And watching The Real World reminds me that I ship her with Jack too. And Daniel. Ah, the life of a multi-shipper. (John belongs to Elizabeth, however. He's HERS).
                              Yes to all of that! Everyone was crushing on Elizabeth. Heck, even Kolya did!

But yeah, John's got 'property of Elizabeth Weir' tattooed on his ass.

Comment

On the bad news front, Timeless was cancelled. Not unexpected, but very disappointing. Thanks again, ShipperWriter, for getting me into a show that's cancelled!!! (MathGirl says with sarcasm) Just kidding!
                                Knew it was coming. Still sucks.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yes to all of that! Everyone was crushing on Elizabeth. Heck, even Kolya did!

But yeah, John's got 'property of Elizabeth Weir' tattooed on his ass.
                                All those random screen captures of Elizabeth's eyes directed south of John's belt are now framed in a new light.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X