Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon
    Nah. They are doing the promo clip where they do the power walky thing out of the water.
    Ah, o.k totaly forgot this video...don't having SciFi *snif*

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by nyuszi
      hey... just thought i'd say hi, since i've been lurking around for quite some time (mainly in THIS thread). i think i have to wave to all the ppl from the lj john_elizabeth community *waves*, and appologize to pooh (are you still around pooh??) for saying this place was weird. took me a while and quite a lot of lurking to actually get an account here (had to make sure no one bites), but anyways, am here... god! yes! in case anyone wonders, i'm "ethelinesherman" on lj.

soooo... yeah... john/elizabeth's my main ship at the moment, and i am really looking forward to the second part of the season which so far i haven't managed to see. especially to the you-know-what in episode you-know-which.

ahem... i guess that's all for now.

oh... my ships, since ppl were listing them:

mulder/scully - cute-cute-cute
      sam/jack - cuz!duh
      john/aeryn - this it the otp of all otps
      vala/daniel - i kinda got into this ship only a few days ago... but it's strange to ship claudia black's character with someone who isn't played by ben browder, which makes it strange, cuz then i'd have to ship vala with cam, which is like ewww.
      clark-lana - i watch smallville, i do

anyways, now i've really run out of stuff to say... ;' nice meeting you all.

nyuszi

Welcome to this thread

Are you from Hungary??? With this name you have to be...if you are then *squeeeeeee*

Comment

You know...you can't half whizz through these pages really quick when you don't read the white spoiler spaces! But, darn, it ain't much fun!!

STILL...STAYING...SPOILER...FREE!! Only just, though! I know about
        Spoiler:
        the kiss, oh, and how John cares deeply.

Blast! I might as well go back and read everything!!

Comment

thanx for the welcome!

nope... am not from hungary, am from romania, but i'm half hungarian, and i speak the language fluently. "nyuszi" is my favorite word in the world (strange as that might be), and am changing my lj handle to "nyuszi" as well, so i thought it'd be appropriate.

i see you have hungary listed as your location. are you hungarian?

ps. in case anyone wonders, it's pronounced "newsee". or something to than effect.
          "Once you blow up a sun and everybody expects you to walk on water!"- Sam Carter ("Reckoning Part 2")

Comment

Originally posted by nyuszi
            thanx for the welcome!

nope... am not from hungary, am from romania, but i'm half hungarian, and i speak the language fluently. "nyuszi" is my favorite word in the world (strange as that might be), and am changing my lj handle to "nyuszi" as well, so i thought it'd be appropriate.

i see you have hungary listed as your location. are you hungarian?

ps. in case anyone wonders, it's pronounced "newsee". or something to than effect.
            Cool! Nyuszi is your favourite word, *g* my sister has two nyuszi's (I call one of them Wraith )

Yeah, I'm hungarian. I grew up in Switzerland but my parents are from hungary, my dad from Budapest and my mum from Veszprém The Family of my dad is Transylvanian...so Rumania today . I really planned to visit Erdély sometime... but poorly I never managed any wider in the east than the Tisza!
            Magyar az elsö anyanyelvem, még a német elött is
            EDIT: My favourite word: Érzelemmegnyílvánitásal - it's long and in German you need 5 words to express the same: "Mit dem zeigen der Gefühle" *g*

Do they show Stargate Atlantis in Romania??? In Hungary I've only seen SG1...

Comment

Originally posted by Estragora
              And I dunno if this has been discussed before, but the thing that i'm really worried about in TLG is
              Spoiler:
              if at the end of the ep, there's going to be a convo between Liz and John that is similar to the one between John and Teyla in 'Conversion.' Cause if there is, I'll cry. i don't want the ship to be sunk! Seriously, I would rather there be no discussion of the kiss after it happens than John and Lizzie trying to rationalise what happened.
              Yeah, as has been said,
              Spoiler:
              we see Elizabeth talking with Caldwell and refuting some of the things that Phoebus claimed that Elizabeth thinks about Caldwell, but then John comes into the infirmary and Caldwell leaves them alone, telling them not to try to kill each other while he's gone. The girl who's provided us with all this information says that the episode ends before John and Elizabeth start talking. In my opinion, the fact that there's no conversation like Sheppard and Teyla's "Let us never speak of this again" conversation from Conversion says that they're not closing the book on this ship.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Spoiler:
                In my opinion, the fact that there's no conversation like Sheppard and Teyla's "Let us never speak of this again" conversation from Conversion says that they're not closing the book on this ship.
                oooh that's good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Just wanted to let people know I"m alive, I'm concentrating on school, and I wrote a term paper about Atlantis (about 60-70 about Plato's Timeas and Critias, but there is Stargate and Dr. Weir stuff).

MF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Astro claimed I'm a Josh/Donna shipper (West Wing), but that's not entirely true. I think they're freaking adorable, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me.
                    You know I wis just pullin' ya leg....

Sometimes I hate it when I start shipping,sometimes it can make me stop enjoying the show, one of the reasons why I resist all shipping on WW.

But on Atlantis Sparky forever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                      Yeah, we were kinda buisy in the last days here

Don't worry
                      Spoiler:
                      There won't be a discussion like in Conversion. John only goes to visit Elizabeth in the infirmary, but they won't talk. I suppose they will only look at each other in a very sparky way, and the camera will blend out *sighs*
                      Dorka, I don't think you'll see a *direct address* of this like you did the other. The longer this 'thing' between shep and weir goes without being *directly* addressed in a conversation about a particular hug or
                      Spoiler:
                      kiss that happens, the better off we'll be. It's just too early yet for any direct communication from them their obviously growing feelings toward each other. Get back with me in a couple of years and I'll be rooting for more conversational moments between them on the subject. Right now, it's just time for continued friendship and 'peeks' at 'what if we do?'

I think that's one thing that stands out in my mind about how the writers handled the shep/teyla 'thing' in conversion. They talked directly about the event -and honestly-they had to because
                      Spoiler:
                      an attack like that was something neither would *want*. AND, they reinforced their friendship.
                      Was it a nail? I don't really know but I do know if I were a sheyla, I'd be worried that my male half of my ship had "more than you know" feelings about another woman that he talks to and listens to much more than he ever has my female half of the ship.
                      *shrug* I really don't get their thinking at all. Since when is trusting communication not the primary prerequisite in a male/female relationship? I know we're preaching to the choir here and beating a repetative drum, but it just astounds me that people can't see-or don't care- that without the meat of a relationship well done (communication, trust, understanding, determination, empathy, etc) that the rest of it (sex, sex and sex) isn't going to taste as good or be as long-term fufilling.
                      Last edited by Bama; 09 December 2005, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Between all these fantastic Sparky spoilers and then having a caffeine high from the four cups of coffee I've already had today I'm not going to be worth a @%#! today !!!

SHEPPARD AND WEIR FOREVER

Comment

Okay, first of all Welcometo any newbies I've rudely overlooked. It's a thrill to see so many people coming aboard the ship, especially those from the LJ community whom some of us already know.

Now, while I've been making a Christmas arrangement, baking an apple pie, and listening to the Muppets sing carols this morning. Yes, I'm one of those. Please don't hate me. I've been thinking about Sparky. More accurately, the male member heh of Sparky and his relationship with women. Everybody ready, here goes.

John's previous relationships have probably been very casual. He doesn't seem to give it much thought, e.g. Chyla, and others that would require spoilers. They come to him like bees to honey. He doesn't go out of his way to seek them out, and there is no love involved. When it ends he still doesn't give it much thought, just forgets them quickly and moves on. But he's not hesitant or scared the next time. They even seem to look alike. I think women fit in categories with him, as they do with most men.

Romantic partners with whom he can give and take comfort and get his needs fulfilled. He's a gentleman, kind and sweet but gives them nothing beyond the physical.

Friends, e.g. right now Teyla and Elizabeth. He is protective of them, treats them as equals, maybe even physically attracted to them testosterone cannot be denied, but doesn't initiate anything physical. He was shocked at himself when
                          Spoiler:
                          he kissed Teyla and very relieved when she said not to think about it. He hasn't.

Elizabeth is also a new category that he can't quite get a handle on and won't allow himself to think about. Right now. At this point in time his feeling for her may have taken a step backwards because in Epiphany
                          Spoiler:
                          he was hurt that he got left behind and seemed to blame her. Think back to Conversion. How she came and explained what was happening. Even then he thought they should "try harder" or just kill him because that would be better than getting abandoned to his fate. Then in Epiphany he's sitting in the cave thinking "here we go again." There's nothing he can do once again, so he just shuts down and accepts fate. He takes up with the hippies and starts a new life. Just like when he flipped the coin in Rising. He really doesn't trust Elizabeth not to let him down, doesn't know how she feels about him, and would be surprised if someone told him. He had her on a pedestal which just wobbled. Maybe TLG will let him see her as a woman, and he certainly gets to learn what she feels and tastes like. Stop that squeeing, I'm not done. This could be the catharsis he needs.

Lucky for you my pie is done. What do you think?
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

thanx for welcomes!
                            I;m from VA too! What part are you from?
                            Originally posted by Southern Red
                            Okay, first of all [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][spoiler]

Elizabeth is also a new category that he can't quite get a handle on and won't allow himself to think about. Right now. At this point in time his feeling for her may have taken a step backwards because in Epiphany
                            Spoiler:
                            he was hurt that he got left behind and seemed to blame her. Think back to Conversion. How she came and explained what was happening. Even then he thought they should "try harder" or just kill him because that would be better than getting abandoned to his fate. Then in Epiphany he's sitting in the cave thinking "here we go again." There's nothing he can do once again, so he just shuts down and accepts fate. He takes up with the hippies and starts a new life. Just like when he flipped the coin in Rising. He really doesn't trust Elizabeth not to let him down, doesn't know how she feels about him, and would be surprised if someone told him. He had her on a pedestal which just wobbled. Maybe TLG will let him see her as a woman, and he certainly gets to learn what she feels and tastes like. Stop that squeeing, I'm not done. This could be the catharsis he needs.

Spoiler:
                            but time did pass very fast on the other side! John can't blame Liz or anyone else. What was it a few hours for her and the rest of Atlantis while it was 6 months for John? He can't seriously lose his trust in her. It wasn't anyone's fault. If he just got stuck behind a force field where time was passing by normally and he got rescued in a few hours, he would be amazed at how fast he was rescued.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              Okay, first of all Welcometo any newbies I've rudely overlooked. It's a thrill to see so many people coming aboard the ship, especially those from the LJ community whom some of us already know.

Now, while I've been making a Christmas arrangement, baking an apple pie, and listening to the Muppets sing carols this morning. Yes, I'm one of those. Please don't hate me. I've been thinking about Sparky. More accurately, the male member heh of Sparky and his relationship with women. Everybody ready, here goes.

John's previous relationships have probably been very casual. He doesn't seem to give it much thought, e.g. Chyla, and others that would require spoilers. They come to him like bees to honey. He doesn't go out of his way to seek them out, and there is no love involved. When it ends he still doesn't give it much thought, just forgets them quickly and moves on. But he's not hesitant or scared the next time. They even seem to look alike. I think women fit in categories with him, as they do with most men.

Romantic partners with whom he can give and take comfort and get his needs fulfilled. He's a gentleman, kind and sweet but gives them nothing beyond the physical.

Friends, e.g. right now Teyla and Elizabeth. He is protective of them, treats them as equals, maybe even physically attracted to them testosterone cannot be denied, but doesn't initiate anything physical. He was shocked at himself when
                              Spoiler:
                              he kissed Teyla and very relieved when she said not to think about it. He hasn't.

Spoiler:

What an interesting post. I always enjoy your thoughts on John because he's honestly been a bit more difficult for me to get a handle on. I do think John places Elizabeth in a file drawer all of her own and I think it's a drawer he's never wanted to dig into much-until now. We're not only seeing John Sheppard find himself on Atlantis, we're seeing him grow into a man of his full potentials and he's precisely doing this because of Elizabeth.

Last night while I was reading and many were talking about their previous ships, I began to remember why I enjoyed Mulder and Scully so much and one thing was at play there that I think may be with shep/weir as well. I always thought that M and S needed each other and understood each other on levels that no one else would ever be able to. I think we're seeing that same thing happening here with Shep and Weir. Shep always turns to Elizabeth and she to him. There's an instant need between them- and it's a link that brought them toward each other early on and has continued to build. It's like they sense something in the other that calls out to something inside of them.

We don't know Shep's background but he's finding a fufillment when he's with Elizabeth that he's been missing inside of him or he wouldn't continue to seek her out quite so much. Let's face it-he could do much of his job and association with her without so many face to face conversations. He could email her-radio her-send messages...etc. But, we find him plopped on her desk sharing moments. We find him taking the time to share coffee with her rather than the members of his team. We find him feeling the need to share. I think in her, he finds a courage to stand up in life and a tender, understanding strength that he wants to take and make a part of him. She brings him a sense of wholeness; she makes him feel cared about and not so alone in this world and now that he's found that with someone-he doesn't want to lose it.

And with Elizabeth, it's much the same. There's a boyish joy and sense of adventure inside of John that calls out to Elizabeth's nature. She wants to share in that carefree joy and make it a part of her. There's a determination to dig deeper and find answers inside of John and Elizabeth wants to understand and share in. He intellecutally stimulates her in a way that doesn't bore her or irritate her. We see her give him smiles that she never gives anyone else. We see her eyes twinkle in ways they don't with anyone else. He is able to bring out a part of her that she may have never explored fully and I think that possibility excites her too.

And I think the bottom line for me on this
                              Spoiler:
                              kiss is associated with all this above. I think a lot of non-shep/weir people will completely miss the important point on the kiss. Yeah, it's a great visual and all and it's a 'fantasy' as it's an AU...but, the really big point is that unlike in conversion-it's a *real* kiss of sexual passion which I think is the one thing that Shep and even Weir to an extent may have wondered if they could find with the other.
                              I think they'll find that along with finding all the other things they've been searching for in another person to fufill them that it'll make them realize that with a few more tries of their own choosing they quite possibly could find this much less important fufillment too.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                                thanx for welcomes!
                                I;m from VA too! What part are you from?

Spoiler:
                                but time did pass very fast on the other side! John can't blame Liz or anyone else. What was it a few hours for her and the rest of Atlantis while it was 6 months for John? He can't seriously lose his trust in her. It wasn't anyone's fault. If he just got stuck behind a force field where time was passing by normally and he got rescued in a few hours, he would be amazed at how fast he was rescued.
                                Ah, that's a discussion I've been hoping to see played out in a fic!
                                Spoiler:
                                We knw John's initial reaction to learning that only a few hours had passed outside the field, but he was a bit stunned by the events at that point. How did he reflect on it later? Did he still harbor resentment, or did he come to fully understand that they were rushing to find him? I'd love to see a fic that addresses that, and possibly a discussion between Liz and John about just why he lost that trust so quickly... /plot bunny
                                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Working...
                                X