No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm off to comic con. It apparently has Joe Flanigan, Jason Momoa, Karl Urban, Brent Spiner, Bruce Boxleitner, Jewel Statie and many others.

Wish me luck.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Have fun!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I have to go for more shots for college, because I'm old and no longer have access to my immunization records. WTF?! I already went for one, now I have 2 more to go. Shouldn't the fact that I'm old be good enough for these people??
        Ah bureaucracy, don't you love it? I still have SR Jr's little record card. Someday he may thank me. LOL

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And what big diseases might that be... You've peeked my curiosity.

Fascinating.
        We also all get shots for polio and after 50 you get the joy of going for shingles and pneumonia which consists of two shots exactly a year apart. I think there's another one, but I'm old so I can't remember.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Well, I'm off to comic con. It apparently has Joe Flanigan, Jason Momoa, Karl Urban, Brent Spiner, Bruce Boxleitner, Jewel Statie and many others.

Wish me luck.
        Jealous. Have fun. I'm killing time waiting for a neighborhood meeting to start at my house. We have to repave our driveways and Mr. SR has been selected to get bids. He's making his presentation at 3pm. I'm putting out iced tea and cups. Fun times.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We also all get shots for polio and after 50 you get the joy of going for shingles and pneumonia which consists of two shots exactly a year apart. I think there's another one, but I'm old so I can't remember
          Tetanus (combo with something else) every 10 years, or when you run the risk of getting infected wherever you're going.
          And hepatitis A/B/C only when vacationing in risk-countries.

Flu-shots are optional for young, healthy people. Mandatory for the elderly and people with health problems or weakened immune systems. We can have flu-shots through our employer but considering they are passed flu-bugs, I'll take my chances.

Comment

Wish me luck.
            Wow, cool! Have a good time!!

Ah bureaucracy, don't you love it? I still have SR Jr's little record card. Someday he may thank me. LOL
            I wish my mom had saved mine. The nurse said "maybe you have it in a baby book". I just laughed. I was the fourth child. I didn't get a baby book.

We also all get shots for polio and after 50 you get the joy of going for shingles and pneumonia which consists of two shots exactly a year apart. I think there's another one, but I'm old so I can't remember.
            It's worth it to get the shingles vaccine. One of my mom's friends got the disease and it was terrible.

Jealous. Have fun. I'm killing time waiting for a neighborhood meeting to start at my house. We have to repave our driveways and Mr. SR has been selected to get bids. He's making his presentation at 3pm. I'm putting out iced tea and cups. Fun times.
            Okay that just sounds precious.

Tetanus (combo with something else) every 10 years, or when you run the risk of getting infected wherever you're going.

Flu-shots are optional for young, healthy people. Mandatory for the elderly and people with health problems or weakened immune systems. We can have flu-shots through our employer but considering they are passed flu-bugs, I'll take my chances.
            I remember having the swine flu like 7 years ago, or whenever it was. That was dreadful. Normally I get the flu shot but only because my doctor will hound me if I don't.

Comment

Well, I had a really good time. I got a photo with Joe Flanigan. It was a very rapid fire process. And there was a lot of waiting around because apparently they were just not able to handle the sheer magnitude of Jason Momoa fans, so everyone who came after him was delayed quite a while. Probably the highlight was getting Karl Urban's autograph and telling him how much I loved Chronicles of Riddick.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Heh, mine is probably somewhere. Probably.

JT-2 is right, that's totally precious!

Well, I had a really good time. I got a photo with Joe Flanigan. It was a very rapid fire process. And there was a lot of waiting around because apparently they were just not able to handle the sheer magnitude of Jason Momoa fans, so everyone who came after him was delayed quite a while. Probably the highlight was getting Karl Urban's autograph and telling him how much I loved Chronicles of Riddick.
                Wow, sounds like a crazy good time indeed! I'm glad you had fun!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm trying to be lazy, while also cleaning my apartment a bit.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I'm trying to be lazy, while also cleaning my apartment a bit.
                    Heh, I need to do that with my office.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Got to go to Heroes and Villains this weekend! Super excited to see some of the Battlestar Galactica peeps there. Photo op with Katee Sackhoff. They joined it with Walker Stalker Con so it was absolute mayhem, so much more chaotic than the prior year, and the lines to get inside were so bad I missed half the first panel with Stephen Amell. I tried for lunch, but fate intervened and landed me in the alcohol line which I thought was an excellent alternative. John Barrowman on stage in the Tardis dress always makes the all the lines and hassle worth while. And the cosplayers- ahhh. So many great costumes. I'm always blown away by the fan's creativity in bringing those characters to life.

I have to go for more shots for college, because I'm old and no longer have access to my immunization records. WTF?! I already went for one, now I have 2 more to go. Shouldn't the fact that I'm old be good enough for these people??
                      Seems like we can never outgrow it or outrun it.

True. I understand why they have this requirement, but I'm still just annoyed that I have to get shots.

And still no news on whether Timeless will get renewed. I don't have a good feeling. Damn you ShipperWriter for getting me hooked on a show that's going to be cancelled.
                      I have a bad feeling too. Either that or NBC is torturing us by extending the torment to up the publicity for the show.

Sounds more civilized than meetings in my neighborhood. Not that we organize to talk about anything productive. It's more like a impromptu BYOB meet up in the cul de sac to b**tch about the heat or cold or bugs...and whoa- it is bug season in the South. As I just re-read that, I realize that I really need to work on improving my night life

So glad you had fun! Sounds like a great one.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yep, we have those too. I had to get a tetanus shot a couple of years ago when I cut both my thumbs with a rusty razor blade while removing wallpaper. Don't ask.

Flu shots are mandatory for healthcare workers. Mr. SR and I never get flu shots. Maybe we like to live dangerously but we're not around that many people. We may start now that we're older.

The neighborhood meeting turned into a lot of fun catching up, but I have 3 vicious mosquito bites now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep, we have those too. I had to get a tetanus shot a couple of years ago when I cut both my thumbs with a rusty razor blade while removing wallpaper. Don't ask.
                          You'd think wisdom comes with age, but you've clearly proven that's not always the case.
                          What were you thinking?

Anyway, my last tetanus shot was back when my sister and I walked the Hadrian's Walkway in the UK. Because of the potential of meeting rusty nails while clammering over walls and fences, it's a must to have had the shot before leaving.

Comment

Well, I signed up for some classes today. I start next week. I thought it would be good to start slow with a couple of summer classes, instead of heading right into full time in fall.

Good times!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                            Got to go to Heroes and Villains this weekend! Super excited to see some of the Battlestar Galactica peeps there. Photo op with Katee Sackhoff. They joined it with Walker Stalker Con so it was absolute mayhem, so much more chaotic than the prior year, and the lines to get inside were so bad I missed half the first panel with Stephen Amell. I tried for lunch, but fate intervened and landed me in the alcohol line which I thought was an excellent alternative. John Barrowman on stage in the Tardis dress always makes the all the lines and hassle worth while. And the cosplayers- ahhh. So many great costumes. I'm always blown away by the fan's creativity in bringing those characters to life.
                            Sounds like you had fun too!!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                            I have a bad feeling too. Either that or NBC is torturing us by extending the torment to up the publicity for the show.
                            I keep checking Twitter and Tumblr waiting for news, but nothing yet. I thought it was supposed to be decided today. ARGH!! That season finale blew my mind and I can't imagine not continuing it. There's always fic, I suppose.

Comment

You'd think wisdom comes with age, but you've clearly proven that's not always the case.
                              What were you thinking?

Anyway, my last tetanus shot was back when my sister and I walked the Hadrian's Walkway in the UK. Because of the potential of meeting rusty nails while clammering over walls and fences, it's a must to have had the shot before leaving.
                              I was thinking I have to get this stupid wallpaper off the wall right now...oh crap. My doc just shook his head and reached for a needle. I went over there (only 10 minutes away) wearing my wallpapering clothes, my hair in a clip on top of my head and my hands wrapped in paper towels. Mr. SR drove.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking I have to get this stupid wallpaper off the wall right now...oh crap. My doc just shook his head and reached for a needle. I went over there (only 10 minutes away) wearing my wallpapering clothes, my hair in a clip on top of my head and my hands wrapped in paper towels. Mr. SR drove.
                                I can totally picture this.

Comment

Working...
                                X