No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Well, I can now say yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
        Hey! Thanos demands silence!

I'm off to see it today.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Wow,
          Spoiler:
          really is the right emoticon for that film.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Infinity Wars, probably next week... Probably tempting faith as there are always idiots who can't keep their mouth shut.

I have no time this week, and a birthday to celebrate on Saturday and mom to visit in her new digs on sunday (new digs = retirement home sadly).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Well, I can now say yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Infinity Wars, probably next week... Probably tempting faith as there are always idiots who can't keep their mouth shut.
              I caved to guilt and am waiting because my DH (read damn, not dear) didn't want to deal with the crowds. He did indulge me in a pretty decent rewatch. I've really been avoiding as much pre-publicity as I can to avoid spoilers, and I read none of the articles I came across in the last year, but even that doesn't forgive an enormous oversight I made. I feel like someone should revoke my Marvel fan badge because I just realized this weekend
              Spoiler:
              who the guy in the dark suit with all the facial hair in the previews is. I'm still a little out of sorts about it. It is a good look. Really good. Probably not a real spoiler, but in the off chance someone is as clueless as me.

I have no time this week, and a birthday to celebrate on Saturday and mom to visit in her new digs on sunday (new digs = retirement home sadly).
              That's tough about your mom. I hope she has as smooth a transition as is possible.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Amen! And hey, I really like where you're going with your new story over on ff.net.
              Thanks. I fell off the wagon. Again. I was at the hospital with my dad and had crappy internet and no flash drive with my real WIP. Stories happen.
              Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 01 May 2018, 06:55 AM. Reason: I can't English today
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I'm off to see it today.
                It wasn't really a spoiler, though, just a reaction.

Wow,
                Spoiler:
                really is the right emoticon for that film.
                Yup.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                I caved to guilt and am waiting because my DH (read damn, not dear) didn't want to deal with the crowds. He did indulge me in a pretty decent rewatch. I've really been avoiding as much pre-publicity as I can to avoid spoilers, and I read none of the articles I came across in the last year, but even that doesn't forgive an enormous oversight I made. I feel like someone should revoke my Marvel fan badge because I just realized this weekend
                Spoiler:
                who the guy in the dark suit with all the facial hair in the previews is. I'm still a little out of sorts about it. It is a good look. Really good. Probably not a real spoiler, but in the off chance someone is as clueless as me.
                at the spoiler.
                Spoiler:
                Yep, it is a pretty good look.

Your DH owes you big time, BTW. A nice dinner before the movie would be a good start...

All I can say is, try to stay off social media and entertainment news sites as much as you can and don't read comments on ANYTHING. Good luck, hope you enjoy the movie when you get to see it!

That's tough about your mom. I hope she has as smooth a transition as is possible.
                I hope so too. I know how rough that can be; we went through a similar phase with my maternal grandmother back when I was in college.

Comment

I don't know when I'm going to watch Infinity War. I know what happens and I'd like to live in denial for as long as possible.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks. I fell off the wagon. Again. I was at the hospital with my dad and had crappy internet and no flash drive with my real WIP. Stories happen.
                  I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I hope he's okay.

Comment

First, I hope your mom has as much fun as Mr. SR's 94 year old aunt is having. Whenever we call her she is out somewhere. Last time she was playing blackjack with her new gang.

I actively went looking for spoilers and had a hard time finding much. So, staying unspoiled is possible. There will always be a few jerks who think it's funny to ruin things for others. We're among those waiting for the crowds to diminish, but since we can go in the middle of the day, next week should be good. Loving retirement except for the part where they no longer ask if I qualify for a senior discount.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

We're in the process of filling up her walls, cause damn they are bare. The hallways too -- I'm going to put some smilies up next weekend -- covert or otherwise cause damn... how depressing are those hallways.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      First, I hope your mom has as much fun as Mr. SR's 94 year old aunt is having. Whenever we call her she is out somewhere. Last time she was playing blackjack with her new gang.
                      LOL @ the aunt.

Unfortunately, I fear not. The reason she had to go is that my father can't continue to take care of her. The Parkinson's has progressed too far, and the dementia isn't making it any easier. He wasn't taking care of himself anymore.
                      But she's been going to this group for a few weeks now, and they all seem like lovely people.

They looked pretty lively to me, and they organize a lot of activities. Next week they'll be visiting a pony farm so giddy up.

Comment

at the spoiler.
                        Spoiler:
                        Yep, it is a pretty good look.

Your DH owes you big time, BTW. A nice dinner before the movie would be a good start...
                        I might have to give the DH a break,
                        Spoiler:
                        because I am crushing hard and have spent an inordinate amount of time googling photos in regard to said possible spoiler above. I'm still fairly certain I'm the only one in the world who didn't see that for months, but man, once you see it....whoa, baby. I'll get myself straightened out eventually. If not before, I'm sure just watching the movie will sober me up.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I hope he's okay.
                        They were overly cautious due to some prior heart issues, but he's back to his normal feisty self.

We're in the process of filling up her walls, cause damn they are bare. The hallways too -- I'm going to put some smilies up next weekend -- covert or otherwise cause damn... how depressing are those hallways.
                        It's amazing what a little color will do. I imagine you can spread some good cheer to the entire corridor.
                        Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 01 May 2018, 11:15 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'm off to see it today.
                          I've seen it twice. A local movie theater recently renovated and now has recliners and hasn't raised their prices yet, so for $6, why not, right?! No spoilers, of course, but just a general reaction that I think most people feel regardless of whether or not they've seen the movie: Thanos can jump off a cliff.

Comment

Wait a minute -- you paid 6 dollars for Infinity Wars?!?

That's freakin cheap... we're twice that, and then you don't even have snacks or drinks.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Sounds like a blast!

I actively went looking for spoilers and had a hard time finding much. So, staying unspoiled is possible. There will always be a few jerks who think it's funny to ruin things for others. We're among those waiting for the crowds to diminish, but since we can go in the middle of the day, next week should be good. Loving retirement except for the part where they no longer ask if I qualify for a senior discount.
                              Yay for afternoon matinees! Always the way to go.

I might have to give the DH a break,
                              Spoiler:
                              because I am crushing hard and have spent an inordinate amount of time googling photos in regard to said possible spoiler above. I'm still fairly certain I'm the only one in the world who didn't see that for months, but man, once you see it....whoa, baby. I'll get myself straightened out eventually. If not before, I'm sure just watching the movie will sober me up.
                              Heheheh...

And it's great to hear your dad is doing better!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I've seen it twice. A local movie theater recently renovated and now has recliners and hasn't raised their prices yet, so for $6, why not, right?! No spoilers, of course, but just a general reaction that I think most people feel regardless of whether or not they've seen the movie: Thanos can jump off a cliff.
                              Off a cliff, into a pit of sharpened spikes...

That's freakin cheap... we're twice that, and then you don't even have snacks or drinks.
                              $7.50 for my matinee showing. But they make up for it in high prices for the snacks.

Comment

Same here and if you get a snack and drinks you can double the cost again. But I do live in one of the most expensive places in the US.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X