Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    The poor kids will be in school until the end of June at this rate.
    Isn't that normal?

School isn't out until June 30th (unless it's a Saturday or Sunday) over here, and starts again September 1 (unless it's a Saturday or Sunday).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Isn't that normal?

School isn't out until June 30th (unless it's a Saturday or Sunday) over here, and starts again September 1 (unless it's a Saturday or Sunday).
      Depends on where it is. Some places start school in August and end in May, while other places have year-round tracks (don't ask me how that one works, I looked it up once and it was like falling into the Twilight Zone ).
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Depends on where it is. Some places start school in August and end in May, while other places have year-round tracks (don't ask me how that one works, I looked it up once and it was like falling into the Twilight Zone ).
        In my area, school gets out in mid-June. Well, not this year with all the snow days they have to make up.

Comment

sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

In my area, school gets out in mid-June. Well, not this year with all the snow days they have to make up.

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzwmXQ7wlM
            Oh, my poor heart! What a great video, thanks for sharing the link!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sshhh.... daylight savings time went into effect yesterday... I'm still looking for that lost hour, and all the hours of sleep I didn't get.

Comment

Same here but most of the South gets out near the end of May, colleges even earlier. This goes back to the days of no AC and farm communities. Each district (town, city, county) sets its own calendar. My cousins in NC have kids on the year round plan and love it. As a teacher, however, I am double-minded. I'd miss my summers off, yet when you went back after a long summer the kids had always forgotten most everything. They seem to go for a few months and then have a few weeks off, usually centered around holidays. It is indeed confusing if it doesn't involve you. Me, I'm at the stage of "what are all these kids doing out of school?"
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Sshhh.... daylight savings time went into effect yesterday... I'm still looking for that lost hour, and all the hours of sleep I didn't get.

Heh! I think I finally got mine back.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Same here but most of the South gets out near the end of May, colleges even earlier. This goes back to the days of no AC and farm communities. Each district (town, city, county) sets its own calendar. My cousins in NC have kids on the year round plan and love it. As a teacher, however, I am double-minded. I'd miss my summers off, yet when you went back after a long summer the kids had always forgotten most everything. They seem to go for a few months and then have a few weeks off, usually centered around holidays. It is indeed confusing if it doesn't involve you. Me, I'm at the stage of "what are all these kids doing out of school?"
                  Sounds about right.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

The forum does look screwy at the moment -- it goes with the theme. Icons missing and odd things happening. I have a feeling it's going to be offline again.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The forum does look screwy at the moment -- it goes with the theme. Icons missing and odd things happening. I have a feeling it's going to be offline again.
                        Hmm, not seeing anything weird on my end. Maybe it was a momentary blip?

Comment

This is a place where I feel comfortable admitting this but I have tears in my eyes over a sofa and loveseat. I'm watching the guys from Habitat for Humanity loading them in his truck and I want to run out and stop them. We've had these since SR Jr. was a wee little one and now it's time for something a little more up to date. I'm hoping a nice family enjoys them as much as we did. *sobs*

If Mr. SR laughs at me, I will kick him in the shins.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Hmm, not seeing anything weird on my end. Maybe it was a momentary blip?
                            It's all fixed again.

This is a place where I feel comfortable admitting this but I have tears in my eyes over a sofa and loveseat. I'm watching the guys from Habitat for Humanity loading them in his truck and I want to run out and stop them. We've had these since SR Jr. was a wee little one and now it's time for something a little more up to date. I'm hoping a nice family enjoys them as much as we did. *sobs*

Aw... I know what you mean. I had an ad out for my Fiesta and it expired so I should put out another one but I don't want to say goodbye to the car ... yet, even though I'm no longer driving it. I really do need to sell it though.

Comment

It's all fixed again.

Aw... I know what you mean. I had an ad out for my Fiesta and it expired so I should put out another one but I don't want to say goodbye to the car ... yet, even though I'm no longer driving it. I really do need to sell it though.
                              I've been through that also with every car we've ever owned, well except for the Buick that kept stopping in the middle of intersections. We sold a very nice Camry one time to a young guy who worked with my husband. He was so thrilled he sent me flowers. Awww...
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I've been through that also with every car we've ever owned, well except for the Buick that kept stopping in the middle of intersections. We sold a very nice Camry one time to a young guy who worked with my husband. He was so thrilled he sent me flowers. Awww...
                                Awwww... Reminds me of a car my parents had when I was a little kid. It was a Volkswagen Squareback. Loved that car because it looked like it was always smiling (the chrome trim on the edge of the hood). I cried when we sold it because I didn't want the happy smiley face to go. LOL, of course, I think I was like, 6 or 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X