Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    So, back from being off the internet-grid for the weekend... and I see the internet is still in one piece (more or less).

Must admit, kinda liked not having wifi connection. It was refreshing. Gonna go unplugged more often.
    We had a power outage last night that lasted just long enough for the clocks to need resetting. It was a long 5 minute wait for the cable box to boot back up, but Mr. SR was monitoring the WiFi and gave it a big fist pump when it came back up. That's how we roll around here.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Well, most Game of Thrones characters are pretty evil so I'm not sure the Atlantis team would get along with many of them at all.
        It was meant light hardheartedly, something that if ever written (def not by me) would surely hit the WTFiction twitter feed. The train of thought started seriously enough because I was thinking about how Jon Snow glaringly stands out for being a moral compass, an anomaly because he does what he feels is right, no matter the cost. That wasn't a rarity on Atlantis, most members of the expedition were like that even though all their enemies were taking plays from the Cersei Lannister playbook. So, yes, a very sharp contrast to GOT. Sad sigh. I miss Atlantis.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Happy Monday. Here we've all been looking forward to Autumn and last night I discover Winter has arrived. This morning, in my post GOT (oh my god we have to wait how long for the next season) let down, my mind has been busy deciding which Atlantis characters would be friends with which GOT characters. In my mind, there are all friends with Brienne and Tormund, because who wouldn't want to have a glass of ale with those two? Ronon and the Hound would grunt at each other a lot. Tyrion and Rodney would try to out talk each other. Teyla and Arya would share fighting pointers. John would be off trying to figure out how to make the dragon fly and Elizabeth would be busy negotiating his terms of release from Dany when he returned from the flight. Actually, scratch that. He'd probably just charm Dany into letting him take a dragon for a joy ride in the first place, so that would leave Elizabeth commiserating over the burden of leadership with Sansa. Anyway...that's my Monday morning madness.

I'm putting the caffeine away now.
          OMG. Jon vs. John would be INSANE.

That ain't true... only a few are pure evil.

Sometimes bad things have to happen for the good things to able to come forth.

Note: I have not seen the last episode of season 7 so please no spoilers.
          Best stay off Tumblr, then. OMG are you in for a ride.

It was meant light hardheartedly, something that if ever written (def not by me) would surely hit the WTFiction twitter feed. The train of thought started seriously enough because I was thinking about how Jon Snow glaringly stands out for being a moral compass, an anomaly because he does what he feels is right, no matter the cost. That wasn't a rarity on Atlantis, most members of the expedition were like that even though all their enemies were taking plays from the Cersei Lannister playbook. So, yes, a very sharp contrast to GOT. Sad sigh. I miss Atlantis.
          Especially the Genii. Kolya and Cersei would either get along famously or try to kill each other as potential rivals. I shudder to think what an undead Wraith would be like.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We had a power outage last night that lasted just long enough for the clocks to need resetting. It was a long 5 minute wait for the cable box to boot back up, but Mr. SR was monitoring the WiFi and gave it a big fist pump when it came back up. That's how we roll around here.
          Sounds like how it is in my neck of the woods, on pins and needles waiting for the wifi and satellite to come back.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Best stay off Tumblr, then. OMG are you in for a ride.
            What ride?

I saw it and was only slightly impressed -- I felt it fell a little flat to be a "season finale", even that ending was predictable, and I have no idea how they are going to continue with only a few episodes. It's going to feel very rushed.

Too predictable to have that wow-effect -- episode 4 remains my all-time fave, along with the previous one.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

What ride?

I saw it and was only slightly impressed -- I felt it fell a little flat to be a "season finale", even that ending was predictable, and I have no idea how they are going to continue with only a few episodes. It's going to feel very rushed.

Too predictable to have that wow-effect -- episode 4 remains my all-time fave, along with the previous one.
              Eh, some of it might have been predictable, but there's still a sense of surprise actually seeing it happen. As for "only a few episodes," as I understand it they're going to be long episodes. Some could be close to two hours.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't even like the show that much anymore, and I thought it was the best episode of the season.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Eh, some of it might have been predictable, but there's still a sense of surprise actually seeing it happen. As for "only a few episodes," as I understand it they're going to be long episodes. Some could be close to two hours.
                  When it's predictable, I don't feel surprise really.

Episodes can be longer but you still need to be able to tell the story without it feeling rushed. There still won't be time to cover all the shenanigans which are yet to come unless they leave the ending unresolved which I would hate with the heat of 10,000 suns.

I really need GRRMartin to finish his damn writing so I know what happens in the books too.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I don't even like the show that much anymore, and I thought it was the best episode of the season.
                    It was worth it (spoilers for anyone else who hasn't seen it yet)
                    Spoiler:
                    just to see Cersei freak out and then lose her nerve TWICE. And then there's Littlefinger...

Episodes can be longer but you still need to be able to tell the story without it feeling rushed. There still won't be time to cover all the shenanigans which are yet to come unless they leave the ending unresolved which I would hate with the heat of 10,000 suns.
                    Maybe, maybe not. But the same thing is true of any film/TV show that's based on a book; some things need to be streamlined or cut altogether due to the time constraints of the format. And I get the feeling that it's going to be fast because, well, things are going to be happening much faster now that
                    Spoiler:
                    the Wall is down, the Army of the Dead is marching south, and the Night King has a dragon which means he could actually bypass the North altogether and hit King's Landing directly. That'd speed things up quite a bit.

I really need GRRMartin to finish his damn writing so I know what happens in the books too.
                    That too.

Comment

The books are always better -- except The Hobbit, that's a bit of a toss up which is worse.

Also, any of you lucky US citizens, if Origins interests you, you can get an all access pass for 20 dollars from MGM, valid until May 2018. If you're in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand or Germany, you can get access too. Everyone else = sorry, you're not the fans we're looking for.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

It was worth it (spoilers for anyone else who hasn't seen it yet)
                        Spoiler:
                        just to see Cersei freak out and then lose her nerve TWICE. And then there's Littlefinger...

I mostly liked it because it finally feels like it is starting to follow through with the main threat that was set up in the pilot. And it only took them 85% to 90% of the show's runtime.

Seriously, I actually got a calculator and did the math.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Seriously, I actually got a calculator and did the math.
                          LOL!!

Like someone actually calculated the possibility of the ravens and the dragons flying as fast as they do sometimes.

Comment

College football on TV and the weather is officially dipping below 70 degrees tonight. I'm making chili!

It's been torture waiting, hasn't it? Just brutal. I just started reading Ready Player One and it's totally sucked me in. Total left field from GOT, but a good read recommendation.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

College football on TV and the weather is officially dipping below 70 degrees tonight. I'm making chili!
                              The high here today is in the upper 60s but rain tomorrow. I had to pull out socks today.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LOL!!

Like someone actually calculated the possibility of the ravens and the dragons flying as fast as they do sometimes.
                                Feh, they're magical creatures. The laws of physics don't apply to them.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                The high here today is in the upper 60s but rain tomorrow. I had to pull out socks today.
                                And here we are, going into another Northwest heatwave.

Comment

Working...
                                X