Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    LOL! I guess Mel and I were both working on our posts the same time. I cracked up when I saw her post right after mine.
    Something good came out of this after all - we got two lovely shippy reviews of all the episodes. Thanks, ladies.

Comment

*clotheslines rep system for not letting me green Athena and Mel*
      I don't wana spread the love godammit!

Luz, you're not alone. A lot of us won't see TLG for ages. The UK are 5 weeks behing Canada and i believe USA ends ep several weeks behind UK.
      Guess i'll have to..er, temporarily (sp) move to Canada..yes! that's what i'll do...to see it

...and bc you asked for it...

OMFGTLGSQUEEEEEEEExINFINITY!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
        For me its more like 24 days till I can get scoop from all of you who live in the UK! I gotta wait a little longer But you know the old saying "good things come to those who wait"
        Then it will be best when I can see it!
        They'll air Siege3 in July so... must be October or November over here.
        Well,... *starts crying*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          Marry me?
          *snickers* Sorry, still waiting for Mr. Right.

And Athena, I think it's scary that we're that much on the same wavelength, though I salute you for picking up most of the things I missed. Guess I've been distracted by the insane amount of snow we're getting.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            *snickers* Sorry, still waiting for Mr. Right.

And Athena, I think it's scary that we're that much on the same wavelength, though I salute you for picking up most of the things I missed. Guess I've been distracted by the insane amount of snow we're getting.
            I think they just caught me on the right day. I've been all riled up today because some people in my office are being complete boogers and giving me the run around just to get one simple thing done.

But I'm sure I missed some other things as well. But I'll leave that for other's to add.
            ~Athena

Comment

I really like Elizabeth's hair this season. Just lovely. But I couldn't help it when watching this scene from CM and think that a) she returned from a closet session with John, or b) she and John made a good use of that rug (as kawaii suggested, heh) before coming here

Comment

Capt. Ritter - As I have told these folks before - "Rising" WAS planned as the beginning of the great Shep/Teyla romance. When the cave scene commenced, my husband got up, said this show was crap, and walked out of the room saying, "Tell me when Galactica starts". I couldn't convince him to watch again until "Defiant One", when he decided he really liked Shep and McKay. The writers tried to "force it" from day one, and since most of the fans were crossing over from SG1 and were used to action, good stories, etc. (with the occasional J/S), the "in your face soap opera" fell flat on its face.

If TPTB had just introduced Teyla as an alien who joined our group to benefit her people and ours, she would have been accepted much better. But in her skimpy attire, and the ship-in-the-face from the writers, she instead became, hot-chick-swinging sticks-no-brain, and fans didn't respond to her (after all, we were used to a beautiful, INTELLIGENT woman in Carter). Rachel was never the problem - the writers were.

Personally, I was a complete NO SHIP person at the beginning of the show. "38 Minutes" is when I noticed the writers were "shifting" their characters, and as time as gone on, I have found Flanigan and Higginson to have a good spark between them that neither has with any other character. It isn't something that can be written - it is just two actors who can play off each other well - chemistry I guess (though I've really come to hate that word). Not everyone sees it, but it seems more and more fans are. Some never will see it, or like it (you can't please all the people, all the time).

With the introduction of Ronon this year, both my husband and I have really taken to him, and to Teyla, who seems to have blossomed into an interesting person because of him - again Rachel and Jason have that spark together that they don't have with the other actors. My husband does not care to see Shep/Weir, but he thinks Teyla and Ronon are total dynamite.

Now, I was going to delve into discussion of another thread, and the sock puppets that inhabit it. But have thought better of it.

Carry on - nothing to see here.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

For me its more like 24 days till I can get scoop from all of you who live in the UK!
                  Well, it's more like 59 days in the UK. It's 24 days for Canada. I just wanted to add some positive karma to the thread..

*looks at all the people crying*

*hands Jenova a tissue*

...looks like a failed

Vix, that's a fab pic. Defo looks like tousled hair to me

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                    Then it will be best when I can see it!
                    They'll air Siege3 in July so... must be October or November over here.
                    Well,... *starts crying*
                    There there *pats you on the back* It's why you have us

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                      There there *pats you on the back* It's why you have us
                      *stops crying*
                      Thank you! *sobs*
                      I love you. *takes tissue*
                      Now I know I'm not alone.

sigpic

Comment

Wow...from reading spoilers, I really can't wait to see 'Critical Mass'....and now can't wait to see TLG......really looking forward to reading the spoilers and reviews for that one.

I like the direction TPTB seem to be taking with Weir and Shep. Quite honestly, I'm not sure it was anything that was planned on their part.....it is just working out that way. The 2 characters, to me, just have such a great chemistry together...really anxious to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                          Well, they could put that rug to good use.
                          Ewww, no. That thing looks itchy.

Hey, you know what. I love it that Cpt. Ritter came over here. I'd love it even better if they could answer my questions.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just thought I would pop in and say:

Shweir Forever!!!!
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

I don't know if i've rec'd this before, ut our very own Gooner has wrote fic. Very good fic called Fumbling (spoilers for Conversion)

Home Again has been updated. Chapter 15

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                Just thought I would pop in and say:

Shweir Forever!!!!
                                We prefer to call it Sparky.

Comment

Working...
                                X