No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read all the Saxon Chronicles books. Haven't seen season two yet though.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well Lothbrook is as legendary as King Arthur, I guess. It's a romanticized version of historical Viking lore.
      Nevertheless, never thought they would show a blood eagle being performed. Bloody as it is, it is one of my favorite scenes.

Yet to see season 2 but it is quite good indeed, historically wise and entertaining too.
      Well, it also takes a lot of legendary and historical figures, events or concepts and changes or merges them together for simpliciy's sake.

Vikings is also definitely not a show you can watch with too much "modern morality" in mind.

The characters are all interesting and often sympathetic, but most of them are also kind of monstrously terrible people, if you stop to think about it too much.

I once thought about trying to make a list of all the crimes they'd each be guilt of if you applied today's standards, and I realized nearly all of them would have "Mass Murder" next to their name. And that would be in addition to various counts of rape, theft, torture, religous persecution or child abuse. Even some of the least violent characters are still guilty of stuff like manslaughter or kidnapping.

It's actually remarkable that the show is so enjoyable despite that, actually.

The other funny thing is that, for me, the show is most fun during the raids, because that's when we get all the best action sequences. But it's also the parts of the show where we get the starkest reminders that most of the main characters are essentially the bad guys of this story.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 01 June 2017, 04:44 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm a big Lagertha fan -- no matter what.

And Floki -- even if he killed Athelstan, who I really liked.

Also -- lots of costume ideas.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lagertha is just cool. It is known.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            The other funny thing is that, for me, the show is most fun during the raids, because that's when we get all the best action sequences. But it's also the parts of the show where we get the starkest reminders that most of the main characters are essentially the bad guys of this story.
            True to all of that.

Yep!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Lagertha is just cool. It is known.
            It is indeed known. She's awesome!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm a big Lagertha fan -- no matter what.

And Floki -- even if he killed Athelstan, who I really liked.

Yeah those two are good. My own personal favorite was Athelstan, though. And sort of in a similar vein, I was a fan Ragnar and Egbert's strange "frenemies" relationship.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Boy you got that right. I can go all the way back to watching a show called "Combat" with my dad who said if it had really been that way they could have won WWII in 3 weeks. I also remember watching Sunday with my son, who had been in Air Force ROTC and the first thing he noticed was that John's collar was wrong and his shoes weren't shined. lol

But then I have the same problem with teacher shows. Usually the biggest mistake is having the kids already in the room before the teacher shows up. Disaster waiting to happen.

Mr. SR also freaks at blinking colored lights on computers which SGA has a tendency toward.
                LOL!! I think we notice the things that stand out to us. The blinking colored lights on computers annoys me too.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Sounds a lot like my dad. Except he makes exceptions for Tour of Duty and M*A*S*H. I think he actually watches the History Channel more than I do.
                I love M*A*S*H!! I was just watching it earlier.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Ah, M*A*S*H. Good times!

Of course, these days History Channel seems to be a lot less history and a lot more reality TV. Swamp People and Pawn Stars? I. Don't. Think. So.

True!! And they should have renamed The Learning Channel a LONG time ago.

I'm skipping Sanctuary and going straight on to Before I Sleep. BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!! I love that scene so much. She asks how he found out so he must have made a point to find out and then pick out a present. SQUEE!! I wonder if I still have Eri's recap of this episode on my computer somewhere. It's so perfect. I will go looking after this post. Question though - why did all the Ancients speak English? Or is it one of those "universal translator" type hand-waves? They actually did a good job of making Torri look older. And Torri did a great job of acting older. John followed Elizabeth like a puppy the first time just like he did the second time (in Rising).

I have to say that this version of time travel makes more sense to me than others do.

ps. I do have Eri's recaps but don't have Office on the computer to open it. Bummer. This computer sucks and I don't want to install anything new on it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  True!! And they should have renamed The Learning Channel a LONG time ago.
                  *snickers*

I'm skipping Sanctuary and going straight on to Before I Sleep. BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!! I love that scene so much. She asks how he found out so he must have made a point to find out and then pick out a present. SQUEE!! I wonder if I still have Eri's recap of this episode on my computer somewhere. It's so perfect. I will go looking after this post. Question though - why did all the Ancients speak English? Or is it one of those "universal translator" type hand-waves? They actually did a good job of making Torri look older. And Torri did a great job of acting older. John followed Elizabeth like a puppy the first time just like he did the second time (in Rising).

I have to say that this version of time travel makes more sense to me than others do.

ps. I do have Eri's recaps but don't have Office on the computer to open it. Bummer. This computer sucks and I don't want to install anything new on it.
                  I'd pull out the pot for some pics, but it's currently in storage because of the move. When the house is finished and I have a place to put it, though...

Wait...doesn't John always follow Elizabeth around like a puppy?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love M*A*S*H!! I was just watching it earlier.
                    So was I. There have been way too many M*A*S*H marathons on tv of late. I think I've seen four seasons in the last week.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*snickers*

I'd pull out the pot for some pics, but it's currently in storage because of the move. When the house is finished and I have a place to put it, though...

Wait...doesn't John always follow Elizabeth around like a puppy?
                    I forgot how much John does that. Sounds like Richard and Kate in Castle. Anybody know any good pics were those four meet or were John is a writer shadowing Detective Elizabeth?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Egbert seems to flirt with everyone.

Do you actually learn anything from TLC channel?
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Do you actually learn anything from TLC channel?
                          I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen anything learn-worthy on TLC in years.

Comment

There used to be an international history channel, I think. That was pretty cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

There used to be an international history channel, I think. That was pretty cool.
                              It stayed cool after they renamed it H2 (and it still ran History Channel stuff), but now it's Viceland and is just garbage. Blech.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

I forgot how much John does that. Sounds like Richard and Kate in Castle. Anybody know any good pics were those four meet or were John is a writer shadowing Detective Elizabeth?
                                I haven't seen any, but love that idea.

You might be able to upload it to Google docs and read it that way.

And it sounds like I need to check out Vikings, I'd forgotten about that one.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X