Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorka
    Yeah, soulmates is the perfect word for them

If you want a sig...well I can make you one... I'm totally Photoshop-obsessed lately anyway

WOW that would be great!! I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks Dorka

(blushes after finding out they're called "sigs" )

Comment

Here we go again…

Cpt Ritter if your intention is to better understand why we are shipping the Sheppard/Weir, I’ll answer it for you. If you are here to rile people up, please don’t.

Anyways…

Throughout the last season and this season there have been many moments which we picked up on. I believe someone made a list similar to this somewhere within the mass of 15,000 posts of this thread.

Rising: Even thought they were clashing over what should be done where Sheppard wanting to go out and save Sumner and Co. while was Weir being cautious. But in the scene at the end where they stood at the balcony showed John would definitely be someone she would turn too and vice versa as the season progresses. And the whole “You know, I could bring back all sorts of trouble” was a nice comment he made. In a way it shows that they are still trying to get to know each and breaking the icy with some chitchat.

38 Minutes: Definitely that scene when Sheppard wanted to say something and never finished, piqued a lot of our interest. I’m sure if he ever said anything it wouldn’t have been shippy, but either way that sort of paved the way for some of us to become in tune to a Shep/Weir possibility.

Suspicion: Even though here John was defending Teyla’s innocence, John still stood by Elizabeth’s side when she made the decision to interview each of the Athosians to get to know them better instead of fighting her against it. Granted this wasn’t a shippy episode at all. But it shows he sometimes understands the decisions Elizabeth has chosen to make. But this may be my one shippy spin.

Home:The conversation in John’s room. That conversations showed how they were starting to be come more comfortable around each other since he was able to tease her about “it not being the same without her” and giving her a flirty smile. Also in “Home” John had a good chance to develop something with Teyla, but instead he spent the whole time in the “fake” earth thinking about the people back on Atlantis and deciphering the discrepancies of the world.

The Storm/The Eye: This is the episodes that completely sold me on Sheppard/Weir. The whole “I’m sorry….I had to…Are you Okay?” scene. Then the ending scene when John and Elizabeth are chatting and watching the crew come back from Manara, that was a nice touch to show them just conversing with each other. He even makes a comment about Elizabeth being really “optimistic” and Elizabeth’s response of “You think so?” was cute and a little flirty.

The Defiant One: McKay really wanting to go down to the planet to explore the crashed ship, uses John to ask Elizabeth to let them go, because McKay knows that John can persuade Elizabeth to let him do quite a bit of stuff.

Hot Zone: When John defies Elizabeth’s order to keep the quarantine, he specifically says that something to the extent that he can’t let the infected doctor to reach the control room because it might infect her. While Elizabeth says pretty much the same thing to John.

Before I Sleep: The birthday gift at the very beginning. Sure it was a plot device so at the end they could put the Old Weir’s ashes into it in the end, but a birthday gift still shows that he cared enough to find a gift for her and give it her. I’m sure most people don’t go around buying birthday gifts for people they’ve only known for a couple months, unless you’ve become good friends over that short period, which is obviously what has happened between John and Elizabeth. Also in this episode, John spent most of the episode checking up on Elizabeth and asking her how she was feeling since she was faced her alternate self.

Since I’m going into Season 2 I’m using spoiler tags
      Spoiler:

The Siege II, and III: In the beginning of Siege I, Sheppard stood up for Elizabeth when Col. Everett just brushed her aside. And he says that Everett can’t cut Elizabeth out because she has earned the respect of everyone on Atlantis including himself. Then at the end of Siege II when John is about to go and sacrifice himself to blow up a hive ship. The expression on Elizabeth’s face is pure torture, but she agrees to let him go because she knows it’s there duty to protect the city. Then in Siege III there is THE HUG. And no one can deny that hug wasn’t them. It was John and Elizabeth both in their right minds. Sure John was shocked at the hug at first, since Elizabeth hardly ever shown emotion for various reasons. But he wasn’t adverse to the hug either. In fact he hugged her back. Also I forgot to mention several instances when the both nearly had a heart attack when they though the other was dead.

Intruder: Elizabeth and Simon are over. Thus a chance for Sheppard is definitely open.

Duet: When John goes to ask Elizabeth if he can add Ronon to his team and he was like “ I knew you’d say ‘yes’” and Elizabeth looks at him and say “I haven’t said ‘yes’” shows how well both John and Elizabeth have come to know each other.

Conversion: Even though there was a kiss between Sheppard and Teyla, this episode basically showed how much the transformation of Sheppard effected Elizabeth. While pretty much everyone else was afraid to go to John, Elizabeth without hesitation walked into his room to keep him appraised of the situation to save him. I guess there is where everyone comes and complains that Weir is too emotional to be an effect leader, which I completely disagree. She only showed emotion when she was alone or with only one or two people she trusted e.g. Beckett or Sheppard. Also Caldwell actually comments that Sheppard and Weir are “close”, and she doesn’t deny. So I think Conversion enforced a Shep/Weir possibility more than end it.

The Lost Boys/The Hive: Ford points out to Sheppard he is the only who can persuade Weir that the Wraith enzyme could be good. Also Weir’s refusal to give up searching for Sheppard’s team.

Epiphany Weir was adamant about going through the portal to save John and no one was going to change her mind. John was more than determined to go home even when girlfriend of the week invited him to come with, but that might be because those people abandoned him a couple times when he was facing “the beast”. But I’m a shipper so I’ll stick to my biased shippy spins.

Critical Mass: This episode had lots of moments that showed how far John and Elizabeth’s relationship have come. John comes in and reads over her shoulder as they tried to figure out who the spy was. In the end, he casually comes in and tells her about Zelenka’s appearance in the most adorable way. Also how he casually sits on her desk and tries to comfort her uneasiness for making a decision that she was very uncomfortable with.

So far these are all the moments of Sheppard/Weir I can think of. I’m sure there are a lot more, but it’s hard to write an essay about my favorite ship while at work.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
        Aw hun, fresh out of mints but how about a nice pic instead?

Lizzie: Careful babe, don't knock the mint jar off.
        John: Oh, I was just thinkin of some creative uses for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          Why else? to stir trouble, we've already had people who come here pretending to be S/W shippers and making doubtful comments about our ship, Torri/Weir or Joe/Shep, and saying "i don't mean to offend anyone", only to have them showing up at the Teyla/Shep thread or at that other forum (you know which one, i'm not mentioning it, it's gone) proclaiming their undying love to Shep/Teyla. And to be honest that person sounded to much like on of "her" personalities, i'm sorry, but i'm just so paranoid with the Shep/Teyla shippers, everytime anyone suspicious pops up here i think it might be "her".
          *soothes*

*hands you hot Sheppy-special chocolate*

Don't pay any attention to it... they like all shippers have some bad pennies...

To be honest, I don't think we should feel threatened by S/T anymore, the fact that
          Spoiler:
          we have a S/W kiss coming up, even if its "AU" tell me that the PTB have re-focused their thoughts re S/T

Comment

Cpt. Ritter, I think the biggest thing for me is that so far on the show, most of the major emotional moments or points where someone has shown a lot of personal interest in another character have been between Sheppard and Weir.

In Rising, the first display of passionate opinions we see is with Sheppard and Weir. At the end, Elizabeth seems to go out of her way to try to reassure John that he did the right thing.

In Thirty-Eight Minutes, the big moment where John wants to say one thing before he dies involves Elizabeth more than anyone else. I don't think he was going to do anything silly like profess his undying love, but I do think his last words were to her. Then at the end of the episode, we had that scene that could have been a perfect opportunity to develop Shep/Teyla – and it turned out to be another scene with John and Elizabeth.

As the season progressed, we started seeing more and more interaction between them, and usually important interaction, like discussion of the Geneva Convention in Poisoning the Well. The end of Underground seemed more like a friend reaching out to a friend than colleague to colleague, and in Home, we first saw a scene that began with an almost flirty conversation of something other than work, and then a reassurance that they'd both be sticking around Atlantis. Then in the rest of the episode, John spent quite a lot of time wondering where Elizabeth in particular was, even when he was alone with the scantily-clad Teyla.

The Storm/The Eye was what brought a lot of us to this side. I have no doubt that John would react very strongly to any of his team members being killed in cold blood, but there was just something in the timbre of his response that I wouldn't expect had Kolya decided to target Rodney instead. And there's also something to be said for the fact that the writers, again, went for major emotional moments with Sheppard and Weir instead of some other dyad.

Hot Zone was a pretty phenomenal episode, again highlighting Sheppard and Weir, even if it was about their differences. Then there was Before I Sleep. What an incredible episode. It opened with Sheppard having gone out of his way to find out when her birthday was – as Elizabeth obviously didn't want anyone to know – and then John spent the rest of the episode less concerned about what Old!Weir had to tell them than he was about Elizabeth's state of mind.

I loved the two private discussions that bookended Letters from Pegasus, because they showed a level of trust and personal understanding between the two of them, not to mention the fact that Elizabeth knew that John recording a message for Sumner's family would offer him a chance to absolve a little of the guilt he felt about the man. And in The Gift, we saw them really working together as a team.

Of course, the end of Siege II was the big moment for Shep/Weir, when Elizabeth had to let John go on a suicide mission to save the rest of the expedition. I'm sure I don't need to go into a lot of detail on why we see that scene as important.

And this season? Whoa, there's been a lot.
            Spoiler:
            Elizabeth's relief in Siege III when John was all right, the subsequent hug, and again, her attempt to ground him and get him not to dwell on the bad at the end were all great Shep/Weir moments. Then there was the flirty opening scene of The Intruder, and Elizabeth's willingness to twist arms to keep John in command and get him promoted. In Duet, there was a fun little scene that played around with the fact that she doesn't say no to him often. Then in Trinity, there was an open, unambiguous statement that Elizabeth listens to John more than anyone else, something which has been hinted at by other characters too.

I know a lot of Shep/Teyla shippers thought Conversion was a positive episode for that ship, but I can't agree. If anything, it highlighted how important John and Elizabeth have become to each other. She was the only one who was willing to look past his transformation and reach for John. I'm of the opinion that in the scene where he grabbed her by the neck, whatever part of John that was left was what stopped him from killing her. And then, even after all that, Elizabeth didn't back down or shy away from him.

I'm sure I've missed things, but I think I've rambled on for long enough. I hope this is the kind of thing you were looking for.
            Last edited by Melyanna; 08 December 2005, 02:21 PM.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Aww cumon now folks. I get that you don't like having to defend your ship, but remember, you don't have to (well not here anyways, there's other threads for that.)
              I don't know if Sheyla!person (sorry, forgot your name) was genuinely interested or just trolling, but if they were interested then i get that. I posted in the anti thread bc i was curious as to their opinion.
              Granted, it isn't the wisest thing to do
              Just remember, you don't have to post a response. Either ignore the post altogther (no offense) or reply politely (like we have done). We've plenty of other stuff to talk about, like....

24 Days Till TLG!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                Cpt. Ritter, you are one brave soul for coming over here, and I admire you for it. Perception is in the eye of the beholder, and obviously we perceive things quite differently. You seem to genuinely want an answer to why we see Shep/Weir, but all I have is questions for you.

l. On what do you base your "unique bond" idea? How many quiet talks, deep conversations, etc. have they ever had?

2. Yes, in the early episodes it was clear that they intended Shep/Teyla, but after The Eye that just went away and got progressively less obvious. What do you see in Season 2 that supports the ship? Laying my personal cards on the table as I like to do, here's what I don't see. I don't see him looking in her eyes or hardly ever talking to her except to ask "What about you? Are you sensing anything?" Yes, he's concerned for her, but he's also concerned for Rodney and Ronon. I don't see him treating her any differently. And as for Teyla, she seems a little ticked off at all of them.

3. Has he ever shown any interest in her people? Have they ever spent any time together off duty?

I know you and your friends want this to happen so desperately. So do we. At some point logic and attention to what is actually happening on screen has to kick in and allow us to see what TPTB intend. If you want evidence for our ship, just watch all of Season 2. It's all there.
                This is a dern good post with multiple fantastic points. I want you on my debate team woman! Logic be thy name. I'm just a sittin here a noddin my ol head and wonderin when you're gonna bump thee ol' spark-o-meter up a notch?

Comment

I posted in the anti thread
                  Hey, I'd forgot all about that 'anti-s/w' thread. Guess these new promos will get that one all fired up again. tick...tock...

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Here we go again…

Cpt Ritter if your intention is to better understand why we are shipping the Sheppard/Weir, I’ll answer it for you. If you are here to rile people up, please don’t.

Anyways…

Throughout the last season and this season there have been many moments which we picked up on. I believe someone made a list similar to this somewhere within the mass of 15,000 posts of this thread.

Rising: Even thought they were clashing over what should be done where Sheppard wanting to go out and save Sumner and Co. while was Weir being cautious. But in the scene at the end where they stood at the balcony showed John would definitely be someone she would turn too and vice versa as the season progresses. And the whole “You know, I could bring back all sorts of trouble” was a nice comment he made. In a way it shows that they are still trying to get to know each and breaking the icy with some chitchat.

38 Minutes: Definitely that scene when Sheppard wanted to say something and never finished, piqued a lot of our interest. I’m sure if he ever said anything it wouldn’t have been shippy, but either way that sort of paved the way for some of us to become in tune to a Shep/Weir possibility.

Suspicion: Even though here John was defending Teyla’s innocence, John still stood by Elizabeth’s side when she made the decision to interview each of the Athosians to get to know them better instead of fighting her against it. Granted this wasn’t a shippy episode at all. But it shows he sometimes understands the decisions Elizabeth has chosen to make. But this may be my one shippy spin.

Home:The conversation in John’s room. That conversations showed how they were starting to be come more comfortable around each other since he was able to tease her about “it not being the same without her” and giving her a flirty smile. Also in “Home” John had a good chance to develop something with Teyla, but instead he spent the whole time in the “fake” earth thinking about the people back on Atlantis and deciphering the discrepancies of the world.

The Storm/The Eye: This is the episodes that completely sold me on Sheppard/Weir. The whole “I’m sorry….I had to…Are you Okay?” scene. Then the ending scene when John and Elizabeth are chatting and watching the crew come back from Manara, that was a nice touch to show them just conversing with each other. He even makes a comment about Elizabeth being really “optimistic” and Elizabeth’s response of “You think so?” was cute and a little flirty.

The Defiant One: McKay really wanting to go down to the planet to explore the crashed ship, uses John to ask Elizabeth to let them go, because McKay knows that John can persuade Elizabeth to let him do quite a bit of stuff.

Hot Zone: When John defies Elizabeth’s order to keep the quarantine, he specifically says that something to the extent that he can’t let the infected doctor to reach the control room because it might infect her. While Elizabeth says pretty much the same thing to John.

Before I Sleep: The birthday gift at the very beginning. Sure it was a plot device so at the end they could put the Old Weir’s ashes into it in the end, but a birthday gift still shows that he cared enough to find a gift for her and give it her. I’m sure most people don’t go around buying birthday gifts for people they’ve only known for a couple months, unless you’ve become good friends over that short period, which is obviously what has happened between John and Elizabeth. Also in this episode, John spent most of the episode checking up on Elizabeth and asking her how she was feeling since she was faced her alternate self.

Since I’m going into Season 2 I’m using spoiler tags
                    Spoiler:

The Siege II, and III: In the beginning of Siege I, Sheppard stood up for Elizabeth when Col. Everett just brushed her aside. And he says that Everett can’t cut Elizabeth out because she has earned the respect of everyone on Atlantis including himself. Then at the end of Siege II when John is about to go and sacrifice himself to blow up a hive ship. The expression on Elizabeth’s face is pure torture, but she agrees to let him go because she knows it’s there duty to protect the city. Then in Siege III there is THE HUG. And no one can deny that hug wasn’t them. It was John and Elizabeth both in their right minds. Sure John was shocked at the hug at first, since Elizabeth hardly ever shown emotion for various reasons. But he wasn’t adverse to the hug either. In fact he hugged her back. Also I forgot to mention several instances when the both nearly had a heart attack when they though the other was dead.

Intruder: Elizabeth and Simon are over. Thus a chance for Sheppard is definitely open.

Duet: When John goes to ask Elizabeth if he can add Ronon to his team and he was like “ I knew you’d say ‘yes’” and Elizabeth looks at him and say “I haven’t said ‘yes’” shows how well both John and Elizabeth have come to know each other.

Conversion: Even though there was a kiss between Sheppard and Teyla, this episode basically showed how much the transformation of Sheppard effected Elizabeth. While pretty much everyone else was afraid to go to John, Elizabeth without hesitation walked into his room to keep him appraised of the situation to save him. I guess there is where everyone comes and complains that Weir is too emotional to be an effect leader, which I completely disagree. She only showed emotion when she was alone or with only one or two people she trusted e.g. Beckett or Sheppard. Also Caldwell actually comments that Sheppard and Weir are “close”, and she doesn’t deny. So I think Conversion enforced a Shep/Weir possibility more than end it.

The Lost Boys/The Hive: Ford points out to Sheppard he is the only who can persuade Weir that the Wraith enzyme could be good. Also Weir’s refusal to give up searching for Sheppard’s team.

Epiphany Weir was adamant about going through the portal to save John and no one was going to change her mind. John was more than determined to go home even when girlfriend of the week invited him to come with, but that might be because those people abandoned him a couple times when he was facing “the beast”. But I’m a shipper so I’ll stick to my biased shippy spins.

Critical Mass: This episode had lots of moments that showed how far John and Elizabeth’s relationship have come. John comes in and reads over her shoulder as they tried to figure out who the spy was. In the end, he casually comes in and tells her about Zelenka’s appearance in the most adorable way. Also how he casually sits on her desk and tries to comfort her uneasiness for making a decision that she was very uncomfortable with.

So far these are all the moments of Sheppard/Weir I can think of. I’m sure there are a lot more, but it’s hard to write an essay about my favorite ship while at work.
                    yay for you! Id give you green sweetie, but it wont let me.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      but I think I've rambled on for long enough.
                      Marry me?

Comment

24 Days Till TLG!
                        For me it's more like an undertemined ammount of time since we're still on first season re-runs here . Although, i'll have the chance to see the Eye for the first time tonight, YIPEEEE! figures the only episode of Atlantis i've ever missed would be that right?.
                        And please let's just go back to discussing all the sparky spoliage, i can't believe i'm saying this but since it made so many of you so happy go back to squeeing about
                        Spoiler:
                        the kiss

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          yay for you! Id give you green sweetie, but it wont let me.
                          That's okay. I know you love me. *smooches*
                          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            write an essay about my favorite ship while at work.
                            I can try polygamy. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                              I can try polygamy. ?

LOL! I guess Mel and I were both working on our posts the same time. I cracked up when I saw her post right after mine.
                              ~Athena

Comment

24 Days Till TLG!
                                For me its more like 24 days till I can get scoop from all of you who live in the UK! I gotta wait a little longer But you know the old saying "good things come to those who wait"

Comment

Working...
                                X