Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art Challenge #128

A day late because of GW being down yesterday. Copter will be by with last week's enteries.

This week we will be doing an icon challenge. And since I am a little sleep deprieved because my deadline for finishing my novel has come and gone (so close to being done) they'll be 'dream' themed. Make between 5 and 7 icons and make them look dream like or you could use your subject sleeping or focus on bedding, pillows etc. Whatever works for you.

Please PM me your entries by noon on the 13th. Oh and make sure to have all your icons on one background. Thanks.
    sigpic
    Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Challenge #127
      Catch up challenge

RodneyisGodney
      I saw the previous challenge earlier ... "What makes you happy" and chose to do that one seeing as I missed it and I knew exactly what I was going to do for it. I've recently gotten into Gilmore girls, which is why I've been MIA for a bit - it's on every night! - and I just saw the episode earlier tonight that the scene in my sig is from and it makes me happy every single time I see it. Also, this is my latest ship.

slizzie1986
      Challenge 82: Inspiration

Challenge 81: Favorite female actors/singers/etc.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Logan. It was great and not the usual X-Men film.
        I was thinking of seeing that soon. Is it more or less gory than Deadpool?

I know there were fries in my high school cafeteria. Everything else has just sort of faded to a blur in my memories because I wasn't interested in them. I'm pretty sure there was meat of some kind. Maybe rice or mashed potatoes or something?

I almost never actually ate any of it though because I brought my own.

Then again, I still went to an American School from the 6th Grade on. Before that I went to a British School where there was no cafeteria, everyone had to bring their own lunchboxes.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I saw this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6746164.html, which I found hard to believe, but then this https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/what...jje#.llRWMv331 seemed better.
          Wow, those lunches in the Huffington page sure do look delicious.

But I do think the Buzzfeed ones are more accurate.

The USA pics look accurate to me, but I haven't been in the public schools for awhile. I know our lunches are no longer prepared on site but trucked in, contain way too many carbs and the kids throw the veggies straight into the trash.
          Most of what you see on this page here, about typical Belgian dishes (obviously without the beer ), is what we were being served at school for lunch (+ dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, which was also a favorite among many -- Brussel Sprouts on the other hand were not ). I had warm meals in primary school and the first 2 years of secondary school, then I moved to soup only and eventually gave that up too in favor of home made lunches.

Informal site about European school lunches
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I was thinking of seeing that soon. Is it more or less gory than Deadpool?
            Maybe not quite as bad as Deadpool but R-rated for sure. I didn't like Deadpool but Mr. SR loved it. Logan is much more graphic as far as violence than the other X-Men movies. You get to see what those claws can actually do.

I'm sure everyone here can appreciate this. Mr. SR and I were telling some friends that we went to see Logan and they didn't even know who Wolverine was. We're talking about classical music/drama with meaning lovers who only watch PBS.
            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Wow, those lunches in the Huffington page sure do look delicious.

But I do think the Buzzfeed ones are more accurate.

Most of what you see on this page here, about typical Belgian dishes (obviously without the beer ), is what we were being served at school for lunch (+ dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, which was also a favorite among many -- Brussel Sprouts on the other hand were not ). I had warm meals in primary school and the first 2 years of secondary school, then I moved to soup only and eventually gave that up too in favor of home made lunches.

Informal site about European school lunches
            Thanks for the info.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Maybe not quite as bad as Deadpool but R-rated for sure. I didn't like Deadpool but Mr. SR loved it.
              I LOVED Deadpool!! My sister and I hadn't loved that hard with a film in a long time when we went to see it.

Also, apparently, if you pop in the DVD but don't immediately start watching and leave it on the menu, Deadpool will start yellong profanities at you after a while, like why you aren't watching the film yet (but in more colorful Deadpool language).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The Catholic schools I went to from elementary through high school never had cafeterias, so it was always lunchboxes from home. Maybe some larger schools did, but the ones I went to were too small to afford them, I guess.

I LOVED Deadpool!! My sister and I hadn't loved that hard with a film in a long time when we went to see it.

Also, apparently, if you pop in the DVD but don't immediately start watching and leave it on the menu, Deadpool will start yellong profanities at you after a while, like why you aren't watching the film yet (but in more colorful Deadpool language).
                OMG, that's hilarious!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Saturday... and snow? Good day to catch up on some movies. Speaking of Deadpool and Wolverine, or rather Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, I don't know if bromance is the right word, but there is some brother like banter that is cracking me up going back and forth between them on Twitter. I think it started some time back, but the Logan release has re-sparked the hilarity.

http://people.com/movies/ryan-reynol...-twitter-feud/
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Saturday... and snow? Good day to catch up on some movies. Speaking of Deadpool and Wolverine, or rather Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, I don't know if bromance is the right word, but there is some brother like banter that is cracking me up going back and forth between them on Twitter. I think it started some time back, but the Logan release has re-sparked the hilarity.

http://people.com/movies/ryan-reynol...-twitter-feud/
                        LMAO! Reminds me of the shenanigans that the various Marvel film Twitter feeds have gotten up to...to say nothing about the trashtalking between the Netflix series.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Back from my weekend away to Cologne, Germany.

Splendid weather -- blue skies, lots of sun... and a little burning (even though I applied ample sunscreen). But fabulous weekend with friends was worth it.

And only one minor panic attack (the start off one, and it was time for my ADD-meds anyway). I call that a win.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Back from my weekend away to Cologne, Germany.

Splendid weather -- blue skies, lots of sun... and a little burning (even though I applied ample sunscreen). But fabulous weekend with friends was worth it.

And only one minor panic attack (the start off one, and it was time for my ADD-meds anyway). I call that a win.
                              Glad you had a great trip and the hiccup wasn't a big one.

Comment

Challenge #128
                                Dreamy Icons

JadedWraith

slizzie

sigpic
                                Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X