Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorka
    Whaaa...I just hit 800....the magic number with new icons *goes looking for them*
    Ooo! Iconage!!!!!! -waits impatiently- Congrats Dorka!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
      Whaaa...I just hit 800....the magic number with new icons *goes looking for them*
      Congrats, Dorka!

At least sth great. Sorry, still angry. Trying to calm down.
      Has anyone a mint for me? Now I really need one.
      sigpic

Comment

Sally has a livejournal? With fics? Where? where?
        Here! Here!
        Turns out my memory is as good as my cooking Guess i'll have to go rooting thru LJ_JE to find some classics. Oh, the horror!

WELCOME K8BUG1 and CONGRATS ON 800 POSTS DORKA!

Comment

Cpt. Ritter, you are one brave soul for coming over here, and I admire you for it. Perception is in the eye of the beholder, and obviously we perceive things quite differently. You seem to genuinely want an answer to why we see Shep/Weir, but all I have is questions for you.

l. On what do you base your "unique bond" idea? How many quiet talks, deep conversations, etc. have they ever had?

2. Yes, in the early episodes it was clear that they intended Shep/Teyla, but after The Eye that just went away and got progressively less obvious. What do you see in Season 2 that supports the ship? Laying my personal cards on the table as I like to do, here's what I don't see. I don't see him looking in her eyes or hardly ever talking to her except to ask "What about you? Are you sensing anything?" Yes, he's concerned for her, but he's also concerned for Rodney and Ronon. I don't see him treating her any differently. And as for Teyla, she seems a little ticked off at all of them.

3. Has he ever shown any interest in her people? Have they ever spent any time together off duty?

I know you and your friends want this to happen so desperately. So do we. At some point logic and attention to what is actually happening on screen has to kick in and allow us to see what TPTB intend. If you want evidence for our ship, just watch all of Season 2. It's all there.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
            For me it was never really a single moment that got me into this pair. In Seige III the
            Spoiler:
            hug was great
            but the way they interacted through the whole ep. I thought flowed really well. It's really just the relationship as a whole that I like.

ITA! I love how their chemistry flowed through out the show and season; both the little moments and the wonderful eye candy!
            Spoiler:
            You know, the hand holding, hug, off screen touch, the kiss
            It wasn't just one shippy scene and then nothing, it was a scene contributing to another and so on.

Comment

I think the whole john/liz relationship can be summed up with one word and that would be: SOULMATES

By the way since I'm still new how do you guys get those terrific banners at the bottom of your posts. They really are gorgous!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                I could spend several years typing out everything we've talked about. We base our idea of the Shep/Teyla ship on the dynamic between the two, mainly in the early parts of Season 1, the Cave Scene in Rising is something we always talk about. That scene had some incredibly tenderness to it (in our opinion). Then only a few episodes later, Suspicion. Throughout that episode, he lends his trust of Teyla to everyone. Going so far as the say "Open The Damn Gate" to Bates. Then in the same episode, Bates makes a sinker of a line. "Sir, I believe you're letting your personal feelings get in the way of your judgement." We actually cite paranoid Bates for alot of our reasons. I'll refrain from saying anything about Conversion because I'm sure you all know about it. We talk about a deep bond between Shep and Teyla, but I see how you can see the same thing between Shep and Weir. I supose you could argue this point any way, I'm just giving alittle insight out and hopefully bringing some back to my thread. Maybe I'll stop by from time. Hope I answered some of your question. I have a tendency to not be clear.
                I never mind debating. (especially with an unarmed man )

The S/T 'dynamic' as you called it, just isn't based on the most important thing of all within a pair bond relationship and that's trusting communication. When have the two of them shared feelings about things? I can point to you a bunch of instances when S/W have.

Rising was such an early ep when TPTB were obviously leaning to Shep/Teyla as a possibility but honestly, I cringe when I watch it because the cave scene feels incredibly forced to me. But again, do they truly show trusting personal communication about anything? No. He flirts a little. She flirts a little. He helps her with the necklace and thinks, 'she's a hottie and might be interesting to kiss.' The End.

As far as 'Suspicion', I'll give it to John. He's one loyal man. He reminds me of Elizabeth taking up for John in what was it...oh, the flashbacks in Intruder. But, I didn't take those scenes in Intruder as particularly S/W shippy. I felt Elizabeth believed in John's abilities strongly just as John believed in Teyla's honor strongly in Suspicion. And there again, do they have a conversation about their feelings in that ep? I don't recall one. I recall John and Elizabeth having a heated one but not J/T.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                  I'm stopping by to ask you guys and girls a question. Honestly, I see the friendship connection between Shep and Weir, but I don't see the ship. In case you don't know, I'm the Royal Shippy Guard of the Shep/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread, so expect my opinions to be biased.

When I think of the obvious ship, my thoughts go first to Shep and Teyla in the Cave scene from Rising. I'm curious as to what you guys and girls think of? (**Raises Shippy Shield against possible counterattack**)
                  Well, that scene was a long time ago, like the first episode. Let me rack my brains... hmmmm... back in the mists of time....oh yes, the "hammer-over-the-head-you'll-see-ship-cos-we-said-so" Here's the thing, PTB TOLD us there was ship between Shep and Teyla before the show even started. That scene was just like a big signpost saying "Hey, we TELLING you that there's a ship here" It was clumsy and obvious. I prefer to make up my mind about shipping and not have folk tell me so.. that scene... bleh... whatever... Any good writer will show their readership/viewers a plot point, rather than tell them it.

Shep and Teyla, yeah I like the friendship vibe... it's cool, Teyla is much better IMO with Ronan, she actually comes to life instead of looking like a tailor's dummy, but that's my opinion. I'm all for live and let live with shipping but I wonder why you wanted to ask this question of us? Yeah it was a shippy moment for the S/T fans, so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                    Okay, we discuss:
                    I don't see what we could discuss. This is still a pro-Sheppard/Weir thread, not a chat room or a general ship discussion thread (which exists, btw). I believe the original post wasn't meant to be antagonistic, just curious as to what our opinions were, but I will not defend the viability of my ship or attempt to explain why I see a certain scene shippy because those things are just too subjective. It's a futile debate, like when an atheist and a religious person meet. Neither side will ever admit defeat and convert. Why would they anyway?

Comment

Aw hun, fresh out of mints but how about a nice pic instead?

Lizzie: I wish John would sweep the desk off and throw me across it
                      John: I wish Lizzie didn't have so much fragile stuff on her desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                        Congrats, Dorka!

Thanks Jen I know how you feel! Manche wollens halt eben wissen...

Are we really going to discuss the Teyla-sheppard vs. Liz/John thing here... bc if we are, then I surely could write 5 Word-pages full tomorrow with pro- Liz/john and "why it's only friendship between Shep/Teyla" and that with my english (double as much in German or Hungarian).
                        We should stop here and now, or there's a chance we are slipping into some really big discussion. I already had this in a CSI Forum... I'm not really looking forward to experience that again...sorry!

Comment

Quick question, where'd Elizabeth get that locket? I'm sure that Simon didn't give her a locket. Wonder who did.

Comment

Just because I feel like it.

Ah, much better.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              I wish John would sweep the desk off and throw me across it
                              John: I wish Lizzie didn't have so much fragile stuff on her desk.
                              Okay, that hit very close to a scene I wrote once.

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                                I think the whole john/liz relationship can be summed up with one word and that would be: SOULMATES

By the way since I'm still new how do you guys get those terrific banners at the bottom of your posts. They really are gorgous!
                                Yeah, soulmates is the perfect word for them

If you want a sig...well I can make you one... I'm totally Photoshop-obsessed lately anyway
                                Last edited by Dorka; 08 December 2005, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X