No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I've been a lurker for quite a while and thought I'd say finally come out an say hi. I visit the thread a lot and everyone's posts always put a on my face. What a great group!!

Go Sheppard/Weir

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      Now I think it is safe to assume this happens in TLG. Am I the only one who is both excited and disapointed about this?
      I understand what you're feeling, i feel that way too, when i heard the spoilers i had a flashback to Triangle, lol. I *HATE* AU, and under the influence kisses.

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
        Hey, I've been a lurker for quite a while and thought I'd say finally come out an say hi. I visit the thread a lot and everyone's posts always put a on my face. What a great group!!

Go Sheppard/Weir
        Welcome here

Since you've been a lurker the Mint-thing won't work with you right?

Comment

yep i know all about he mints : )

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
            Noooo, i had not thought of that

Oh! Then i can link my LJ in my sig and...yeah..thanx for the idea
            Sally has a livejournal? With fics? Where? where?

Comment

Elizabeth: Oh dear god, i ran out of batteries!
              John: I'll take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                Hi everyone. This has probably been discussed before but I haven't been here for a while and due to my VERY slow internet connection I'm not going go over past posts.
                I was watching sci-fi and saw the previews for the new season. And I saw
                Spoiler:
                The Kiss.
                Now I think it is safe to assume this happens in TLG. Am I the only one who is both excited and disapointed about this?
                Spoiler:
                I remember a discussion a while back and almost everyone agreed they did not want the first kiss to be because of Alien Influence. Yet thet is where TPTB are going. Did they not learn from SG-1 and X-Files?
                I had hoped they wouild handle this ship differently but now I wonder if were in for a repeat of the past.
                What is everybody elses opinion?
                Spoiler:
                I think I'm more excited about the other spoilers than the kiss in general. The kiss, imo, does act as very awesome eye candy.

Comment

Noooo, i had not thought of that

Oh! Then i can link my LJ in my sig and...yeah..thanx for the idea
                  See, occasionally I have good ideas.

And welcome, k8tbug1! Glad to see you delurk.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I'm stopping by to ask you guys and girls a question. Honestly, I see the friendship connection between Shep and Weir, but I don't see the ship. In case you don't know, I'm the Royal Shippy Guard of the Shep/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread, so expect my opinions to be biased.

When I think of the obvious ship, my thoughts go first to Shep and Teyla in the Cave scene from Rising. I'm curious as to what you guys and girls think of? (**Raises Shippy Shield against possible counterattack**)
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

O.K I know that this is mean, but when I saw this jug... I had this idea... (I know I'm crazy and I should get an other hobby )

I only post the link bc It's Critical Mass-Spoilery
                      ClickME

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                        I'm stopping by to ask you guys and girls a question. Honestly, I see the friendship connection between Shep and Weir, but I don't see the ship. In case you don't know, I'm the Royal Shippy Guard of the Shep/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread, so expect my opinions to be biased.

When I think of the obvious ship, my thoughts go first to Shep and Teyla in the Cave scene from Rising. I'm curious as to what you guys and girls think of? (**Raises Shippy Shield against possible counterattack**)
                        Welcome in here. I wanna be honest: I don't think this descussion will lead anywhere bc for me I don't see the Teyla/John ship. It depends on the pov imo. You could ask the Teyla/Ronon or Weir/McKay the same question. But what do you expect them to answer? I hope this wasn't rude or sth cuz it was not my intention.

Jen

Edit: if you are really interested in Shep/Liz thoughts you should read through this pages.
                        Some of these people just have phenomenal analysis skills *pointing at Bama*
                        Last edited by Jenova Synthesis; 08 December 2005, 12:38 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Melyanna. Feels good to finally delurk. Especially with all the stuff going on about
                          Spoiler:
                          the kiss . Squeeeeee!

(goes back to happy place )

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            I understand what you're feeling, i feel that way too, when i heard the spoilers i had a flashback to Triangle, lol. I *HATE* AU, and under the influence kisses.
                            Forget the flippin
                            Spoiler:
                            kiss! Just like in Triangle , the kiss means less than the what we actually learn about the man's feelings-much so! And I'm sorry snog or whoever, but there is no way that halan uses that line..."he cares about you more than you realize" to try and get to Elizabeth unless he's reading one of two things inside john. Either a.) He knows that John knows that Elizabeth wants him to care about her in a special way and he's saying what John's mind tells him that she wants to hear or the most logical and easiest explanation: b.) he knows that John really cares for Elizabeth on a deeper level than he's ever admitted to her himself. There's no way he could know how Elizabeth truly feels about John unless either Phoebus tells him verbally or he reads it in John's mind. It's whistling past the graveyard to try and rationalize that John admittance away as 'nothing' or 'just deep feelings of friendship'. And if it were my ship, I'd worry about one half of it having "more than you know" feelings for anyone else. If the male half of my ship wasn't the best friend and most important significant emotional 'other' to the female half of my ship, I'd be a bit concerned too. You don't build a house a foundation made of pretty paper.

My take on John -and I agree with southern's take on how hard it is for him to express his feelings- is that he's scared to death of how deeply he feels for Elizabeth and has no idea what to do with those feelings. That's where the importance of the kissing memory marker comes in. That kiss is much more important for John imo than Elizabeth. And that's why I'm glad it's her mouth passionately putting it to him. That passion from her he tastes has to be internalized right alongside all those feelings he's sorting thru and trying to keep inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                              I'm not sure if the question you're asking is "What do you think of the cave scene?" or "What do you think is Shep/Weir's first shippy scene?" so I'll answer both.

I think of the cave scene as helping with the plot for Suspicion and John just being nice enough to help her with her necklace.

As for the first shippy scene, I'd have to say the one in 38 minutes where John wanted to tell Elizabeth something important as he layed there dying. Definately caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                                Welcome in here. I wanna be honest: I don't think this descussion will lead anywhere bc for me I don't see the Teyla/John ship. It depends on the pov imo. You could ask the Teyla/Ronon or Weir/McKay the same question. But what do expect them to answer? I hope this wasn't rude or sth cuz it was not my intention.

Jen
                                I wasn't refering to the Cave scene. I was just using it as an example. I was trying to get a feel for what you guys and girls believe really defines your ship, (i.e. a key scene) versus mine. I'm simply trying to understand. And on a side note, I don't think it was rude, it's honest, I'm just trying to expand my horizons.

I pretty sure you guys are jumping over the upcoming things in Atlantis Season 2.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm checking my spoiler writing.
                                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Working...
                                X