No announcement yet.

Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer WOW thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on a Kate drabble-a-thon so if there are any writers here - I'll have a link up to my LJ as soon as I kick it off (which is hopefully tomorrow).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm planning on a Kate drabble-a-thon so if there are any writers here - I'll have a link up to my LJ as soon as I kick it off (which is hopefully tomorrow).
      A Kate drabble-a-thon? Sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
        A Kate drabble-a-thon? Sounds like fun.
        I hope it will be. For now I have three takers.

Comment

I'm now collecting prompts for my Kate Heightmeyer drabble-a-thon over on my LJ.

Comment

what does it entail. lol im writing some fan fic atm, although one project at the time seems the best for me. Kali says i write wonderfully

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzII~86 View Post
              what does it entail. lol im writing some fan fic atm, although one project at the time seems the best for me. Kali says i write wonderfully
              For now you can leave prompts - as many as you like - any pairing, friendship, general, and any rating is a-okay with Kate being the default main character.

Anything from a drabble (usually between 100 and 500 words) to epic big-bang stories (usually from 10,000 words onward) are welcome when I release the prompts next week Sunday the 1st of February. I leave the drabble-a-thon open for an entire month.

Up until now I had approx. 5 people who were going to stop by, but it will be smallish nonetheless. Kate-fic is hard to find. If you do a search on ff.net for example the only ones you'll find are mine. Though I know there are others there that just don't come up in a search.

Basically I'm trying to solve my fic deprivation.

Comment

sounds interesting, lol just remind me and i might do one. sadly i cannot include kate in my fic, as its the wrong time, and not an AU

Comment

sounds interesting, lol just remind me and i might do one.
                  I'll keep you in the loop.

sadly i cannot include kate in my fic, as its the wrong time, and not an AU
                  What is it about then?

Comment

My fic, well its going to be long i know that. The working title of it, for those of you good at latin, Umbra & Lumina (Shadow and Light). I have titled this fanfic Umbra & Lumina because I think it outlines that sometimes the darkness is so unique, so expansive, that we when we view from the outside, from the light, we can only be filled with fear and an utter sense of the unknown. When people we love enter the Umbra, hope fades even in the light. Basically its a team story, and ronon and shep will get lost in the umbra. teyla and rodney will then proceed to attempt to find them while going through their own different emotions to the situations and the fears of losing people they love and care about. There will be a little McShep, Sheyla, Deller (because it would only be right) and it will explore the very essence of why they are a team and the bonds that are between them. Lots of torture scenes im thinking, and the conflicting emotions that the Umbra and the Lumina provide.

Here is a sample, well actually the first page which i wrote in about 7minutes Enjoy!
                    Spoiler:
                    Entering the gate room, with a puzzled look on his face, was Colonel John Sheppard. He was busy making sure the clip in his P-90 was secured, and that his sunglasses were properly positioned on his face. “Rodney, what did the MALP report?” McKay, giving a sideways glance to his friend, smiled, “Well from all reports is a mountain paradise with snow capped mountains in the near distance and a sweeping set of valleys and ridges. No signs of electronic interference nor any life to speak of” John liking the sound of the snow capped mountains smirked. “Any chance we could go skiing here in the future?” Rodney, who was not fond of the snow, having grown up in Canada, and hating all types of physical exertion, squinted his eyes. “Well im sure there might be some practical use for this planet beyond satisfying your dreams of sliding down a mountain”

Teyla and Ronon, who now walked over to join the other two near the gate, walked into the end of the conversation. “Skiing” said Teyla with a curious look on her face. “Yeah, Skiing? You guys haven’t heard of it before?” Shooting them both a look of disbelief. “Teyla turned to Ronon, who shrugged his bulging shoulders. Turning back towards John, Teyla, who still held her inquisitive look, “No, we haven’t, what is it?” John’s eyes lit up, that boyish expression on his face of incredulity and delight. He would now be able to show Teyla yet another pastime which he was sure she would enjoy. “Well basically you strap two long fibreglass lengths to the bottom of your feet, and you slide down the hill on the snow” “To sum it briefly” said Rodney who was busy with his pad. “And what happens when you reach the bottom?” Ronon said with a still puzzled face. “Well naturally you go back to the top and do it all again” Teyla and Ronon both looked at eachother again puzzled as to why anyone would do such a thing. “Guys you are just going to have to trust me on this, its fun, once you start sliding down the hill, you will reach a point with the wind is blowing in your face, and you continue to pick up speed that you are just going to love it and want to do it over and over again, trust me” he said smiling, his eyes still twinkling from the thought of it all. “Shall we proceed Colonel?” Teyla asked. John shaking his head at the ending of the conversation proceeded to move forward. “Move out” he said exacerbated, and the four figures moved through the event horizon.

Comment

SWEET!!! Sounds really cool and the beginning looks to be very promising.

Comment

Thankyou FH Yeah ive added more to it, but that was just to wet your appetite. Glad you liked, ive only had positive reactions. Most say i write wonderfully. Kali has been pushing me, making me believe it. Shes good at making me do stuff

Comment

I support this thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            I support this thread.
                            Yay!!!

Comment

Replimeyer:

sigpic

Comment

Mcbarr, that was just totally awesome

Welcome to Kate's Corner . I provide the drinks around here, and FH is the head cheer leader, and kates personal assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X