Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ANTI "ANTI-Character Thread" Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ANTI "ANTI-Character Thread" Thread.

Hi....

This is a thread in response to all those grumblers and haters out there (and, yes, I've been one of them..), who spend a lot of negative energy on... well... negativity, I guess.

Is there any point to these anti-character threads? Should they be here and, most importantly, has anyone ever changed their mind as a result of reading such a thread?
    Last edited by fuchsia; 05 September 2008, 08:41 AM.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

I'm all in.
    I think GateWorld should not allow these kind of thread.

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not believe this thread will be up for long.

You can be an absolute fan to the franchise, or you can whine about it, and the whiners, but you cannot whine about the whiners, if I'm getting it clearly.

Good luck, though.

I too would like to see action being taken against the people who can do nothing but spit their negativity around, as they cannot be fans when they do that, but oh well.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Are you talking about ALL Anti only threads or just for the characters?

In a perfect world everyone is going to love everyone else, but this isn't a perfect world and people should be able to talk about or gripe about why they don't like a character.

Pro threads are there to praise a character, and that is great!

If you don't like a character then you should be able to go to a thread and talk about why. That is great too!

Now if you are talking about bashing a character well that goes along with your reasons of why you don't like the character.

I don't think that any one who praises a character ever gets called on the fact that they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like a character!

Now if you are just talking about Anti threads in general, well this IS an anti thread!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Oh, I was merely responding the the poster's first two lines, and the 'anti anti' part...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

*Snort* I was talking to the dude/dudette who came up with the thread, you beat me to it though!
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Truth is, I'm not sure what I mean, I think I just mean that no-one ever changes their mind about their fave characters so what's the point of debating it? I don't think it is much fun, IMO it gets very boring after a while and, by necessity, everyone repeats themselves.

Also, I simply am not a fan of negativity... that's just me. When we go to hockey games, I won't allow my daughter to boo the opposing team even when everyone else is and it's actually done quite good-naturedly!

Perhaps my original post should just have been the 3 questions....

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                Are you talking about ALL Anti only threads or just for the characters?

In a perfect world everyone is going to love everyone else, but this isn't a perfect world and people should be able to talk about or gripe about why they don't like a character.

Pro threads are there to praise a character, and that is great!

If you don't like a character then you should be able to go to a thread and talk about why. That is great too!

Now if you are talking about bashing a character well that goes along with your reasons of why you don't like the character.

I don't think that any one who praises a character ever gets called on the fact that they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like a character!
                Now if you are just talking about Anti threads in general, well this IS an anti thread!
                BTW I really, really, really love this bit!

Comment

Why did we have to call them 'anti - so and so' thread????

because those that happen to like whatever character the thread is about had an annoying habit of 'how DARE you feel that way' harassing.

The intolerance of SOME that like a show/thread/character is why there's anti threads.

then, of course, also was the attitude of 'ok, so those the like mary have their thread where they can like her in peace and we can't come and tell them how wrong they are, so by golly, we're gonna have ours!!!!'

People can't/won't simply accept others feeling as they feel and act upon their 'need' to convert the non-believers.

If people want to spend all day going on and on about how horrible a character is....who cares? It's not YOUR time they're spending. If they want to do it, fine, they can do it. Just like, those that like a character are free to enthuse about him/her all day long.

The only reason we had to come up with 'pro' and 'anti' threads is the general intolerance of fans and their immature attitude that, when we said 'leave them alone' they wouldn't. Cause, you know, 'i' will like the world SO much more if i can just get everyone to see things 'my' way.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X