Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Woolsey Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny- because TPTB want us to hate Woolsey, he's not a character to admire or respect, they're doing it to create tension and conflict within Atlantis. The fact you're all whining and complaining about him being a disgrace and disrespectful to Atlantis is exactly the response TPTB want- a TV show where are the character's all likeable is going to be boring.

Picardo is a great actor and will hopefully portray an amazingly hateable character which will hopefully be developed so we're able to relate to him more and start t have somewhat of an affinity towards him at times.

Comment

I saw the seed and:
      Spoiler:
      I am anti-the-attempt-to-change-woolsey-immediately which is what TPTB did in the seed. I wanted him to be a jerk and slowly mellow! IMHO then he would have been a better character.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        I saw the seed and:
        Spoiler:
        I am anti-the-attempt-to-change-woolsey-immediately which is what TPTB did in the seed. I wanted him to be a jerk and slowly mellow! IMHO then he would have been a better character.
        It's not that I don't like him, I do, but I just feel he has a lot to prove, and a lot to make up for after all he's done these past few years. IMHO, he's still not a Carter or a Weir .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          It's not that I don't like him, I do, but I just feel he has a lot to prove, and a lot to make up for after all he's done these past few years. IMHO, he's still not a Carter or a Weir .
          No he's not.

Comment

Personally I'd much rather see Atlantis get another leader who is UNIQUE TO THE SGA-VERSE. I'm tired of Atlantis being a refuge for cast-offs from SG-1. Woolsey's presence is a prime example of that, IMO. Of all the ways they could have replaced Carter, I think this was among the dumbest. If they want a leader who'll but heads with the Atlantis crew, great! I think it'd be fabulous to inject a bit of genuine conflict into the mix. And if they want someone who may be ill-suited for the task then I'm all for it. But why did it have to be Woolsey? Why not create someone wholly new? Someone without any baggage from SG-1 (or even previous eps of Atlantis)? Someone that we-the-audience and they-the-characters don't know and can't predict? But no. Instead of trying something new and different we get Woolsey. Oh, joy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Personally I'd much rather see Atlantis get another leader who is UNIQUE TO THE SGA-VERSE. I'm tired of Atlantis being a refuge for cast-offs from SG-1. Woolsey's presence is a prime example of that, IMO. Of all the ways they could have replaced Carter, I think this was among the dumbest. If they want a leader who'll but heads with the Atlantis crew, great! I think it'd be fabulous to inject a bit of genuine conflict into the mix. And if they want someone who may be ill-suited for the task then I'm all for it. But why did it have to be Woolsey? Why not create someone wholly new? Someone without any baggage from SG-1 (or even previous eps of Atlantis)? Someone that we-the-audience and they-the-characters don't know and can't predict? But no. Instead of trying something new and different we get Woolsey. Oh, joy.
              Agreed .

Comment

Working...
              X