Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the doc in "Voyager" but Woolsey I don't like at all. I thought Caldwell or Ellis would get the nod for the new leader.

Comment

I knew it wouldn't be caldwell becuase he has another show and that's why the brought in ellis.

Ellis would make a better choice than woosley but I don't think I would have wanted him in charge either.

The way JM and everyone was tooting about a Big Press Release to bring in the new commander of Atlantis I was expecting it to either be a big Hollywood actor for example, B. Bridges or a favorite from early SG-1, like Daniel or Hammond.

Reading the "big headline" was a joke to me and many others.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Dear TPTB,

I’d like to express my confusion of your recent casting choice to make Woolsey the Atlantis leader? I’m sorry, Woolsey? I mean that doesn’t make much sense, the guy is the most passive character I can think of, plus not only would he not harm a fly, he’s probably afraid of them, so how he’s going to lead Atalntisa while they’re at war with the wraith doesn’t make much sense, in fact if you were to cast Cathy Debuono out of the blue that would make more sense then Woolsey. One, we’re due for a brunette, two, she can totally kick Ronon’s butt, and three, she could double as the psychologist you killed off.

More of my confusion of the recent turn the show has made stems from that too, why are yall killing off people? First you go with Carson, right after he was made a main character, then you go with Weir, see the thing is I didn’t have a problem with her being a secondary character when one of yall were calling weir fans screaming lemmings, because Weir basically already had that role, being secondary, and Torri could move on to bigger and * better * things while still appearing on the show, but you killed her too, and that’s not cool man.- And now with perhaps the most interesting story arc in Stargate history, you’re only calling Torri back for one episode? I’m sorry but do you realize the impact that that moment had on people, most of the people I know, we were shocked, and totally ate it up, you’ve gotta know that there has to be more than one episode that physically involves Weir for that one, come on.

You know sometimes I wander if yall are testing our limits as fans, like how much you can do before we get really ticked off. I’ve mostly been passive about Atlantis since I heard that yall were making Torri secondary cast, but it’s kind of piled up since, and I really believe you’re jumping the shark with this Woolsey thing, and on top of that you’re writing forced ship. No offense to the Keller/Ronon shippers out there, but come on, Keller has had more chemistry with Carter, in the small scene in Doppleganger where Carter addresses the city over the comm that they had lost people, than she has had with Ronon in the entire season. Sorry, your ship writing is just bad, we went through 10 years of unresolved Sam/Jack writing, and now you’re forcing two actors’ characters that have very little chemistry, if any, together.

Back to my original point, Woolsey!!!? Woolsey? What did yall start smoking up there?

Sincerely,

A very confused fan
        McKay: I'm invulnerable!
        Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
        McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
        My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

(Writing as the devil's advocate.)

Dear Confused Fan;

We applicate your business and hope you have enjoyed our product. In regards to your letter we would like to say that majority of "real SGA fans" will eat this new change up and enjoy every little scrape of the former leader, Elizabeth Wier that we throw at them. We gave the character a MAJOR story arc that resally doesn't require the actress to actually act for us. Thus, we see no bearing in that complaint.

Next, as too Dr. Beckett. We have been planning a major story arc for the good doctor for some time and the SEED to his return has been planted in you lemming like minds. As you can see, he's coming back for 5 major, back stabbing, jaw dropping, killer eps...and to prove just how much we wanted PM to return...we gave him far more than Wier but nearly as many as Dr. Keller.

As to your question of placing Richard Woolsey in charge of the expedition...the reasoning is simple. AT had left us for another job and we screwed ourselves on that one. But, AT will back for SEVERAL eps...once we get her to agree to our new and wonderful terms.

Since the replicators and the Wraith will be wrapped up...for the most part...by end of season 4, we feel that we will need the cunning and talented character to start another war in the coming season.

There is so much more to love about our product. It's hip, new and, and, and...um...we will have major shoot'em up space battles. So major that you should see the budget for the special effects alone. And if that doesn't keep your attention we know those 5 eps with Carson will, the one ep where we kill of Weir for good...finally...will and for the icing on the cake. We will have Daniel appear in the mid season cliff hanger for a 2 parter to ensure you actually watch the product so we have good rating numbers during renewal season. (Thank you MS for saving our butts.)

If there is any further questions you have about our product please don't bother to write...we don't really your letters and threw all the empty kleenex boxes out.

PS if you wish to send kleenex boxes for whatever reason int the future please make sure it's Puffs, lotion and make sure they are full. These darn winters are killing us.

Sincerely,

The Powers That Don't Give a Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            (Writing as the devil's advocate.)

Dear Confused Fan;

We applicate your business and hope you have enjoyed our product. In regards to your letter we would like to say that majority of "real SGA fans" will eat this new change up and enjoy every little scrape of the former leader, Elizabeth Wier that we throw at them. We gave the character a MAJOR story arc that resally doesn't require the actress to actually act for us. Thus, we see no bearing in that complaint.

Next, as too Dr. Beckett. We have been planning a major story arc for the good doctor for some time and the SEED to his return has been planted in you lemming like minds. As you can see, he's coming back for 5 major, back stabbing, jaw dropping, killer eps...and to prove just how much we wanted PM to return...we gave him far more than Wier but nearly as many as Dr. Keller.

As to your question of placing Richard Woolsey in charge of the expedition...the reasoning is simple. AT had left us for another job and we screwed ourselves on that one. But, AT will back for SEVERAL eps...once we get her to agree to our new and wonderful terms.

Since the replicators and the Wraith will be wrapped up...for the most part...by end of season 4, we feel that we will need the cunning and talented character to start another war in the coming season.

There is so much more to love about our product. It's hip, new and, and, and...um...we will have major shoot'em up space battles. So major that you should see the budget for the special effects alone. And if that doesn't keep your attention we know those 5 eps with Carson will, the one ep where we kill of Weir for good...finally...will and for the icing on the cake. We will have Daniel appear in the mid season cliff hanger for a 2 parter to ensure you actually watch the product so we have good rating numbers during renewal season. (Thank you MS for saving our butts.)

If there is any further questions you have about our product please don't bother to write...we don't really your letters and threw all the empty kleenex boxes out.

PS if you wish to send kleenex boxes for whatever reason int the future please make sure it's Puffs, lotion and make sure they are full. These darn winters are killing us.

Sincerely,

The Powers That Don't Give a Crap.
            ()

Dear TPTDGaC,

I still don't see how you could pull off such a major story arc about Weir in whatever form she is now without the fabulous Torri Higginson, but since we've already established that I believe yall are on something, I guess I'm not surprised.

Boo, as the screaming weir lemming that I apparently am, how could you!? I like Carson and all that, but to have more of him than Weir is too much for me.

Hurry up and get her back becasue, Woolsey (!?!?!?) a good leader, doesnot make.

What an interesting plan, what will his war be against, flies?

Oh and you forgot to address my issue with Ronon and Keller, I mean ewww describes them well, it was forced and not cool.

Sincerely,

A (still) Confused Fan
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517 View Post
              ()

Dear TPTDGaC,

I still don't see how you could pull off such a major story arc about Weir in whatever form she is now without the fabulous Torri Higginson, but since we've already established that I believe yall are on something, I guess I'm not surprised.

Boo, as the screaming weir lemming that I apparently am, how could you!? I like Carson and all that, but to have more of him than Weir is too much for me.

Hurry up and get her back becasue, Woolsey (!?!?!?) a good leader, doesnot make.

What an interesting plan, what will his war be against, flies?

Oh and you forgot to address my issue with Ronon and Keller, I mean ewww describes them well, it was forced and not cool.

Sincerely,

A (still) Confused Fan
              TPTBTDGaC
              (The Powers That Be That Don't Give a Crap.)
              Canada

To:
              Still Confused Fan
              Texas

In regards to you inquiry, we stand by our product. Our quality control is state of the art and fully automated. (Disclaimer--we do not legally share the same views at JM, though they are pretty close.)

We are in the process of having the term; "Lemming" and "Screaming Lemming" copyright to our use as referred to a urban definition of "ill informed fan." Thus giving TPTBTDGaC total and complete control over the term, which enables us to charge or fans royalties in the event they use the term for other than approved Stargate related fandom.

In regards to Wier's one episode story arc, I assure you that our fully automated quality control will make sure it is a memorable episode which you will not want to miss.

In regards to Torri's availability, she's is currently looking for better projects and really doesn't want to come back anyways. Plus, we really can't afford to pay her for more than one ep due to the budget crises. In order to get Torri back our writer's had to be very creative to work around the budget to ensure there will be big, honken, space battles.

As for the availability of Pual, we feel that since he's a man with a fan group that was willing to protest his departure that he should get more screen time to satisfy the other screaming lemmings who played into our pawn from the start. Thus, we feel he will boost rating much more than TH.

The Ronon and Keller ship fall under our automated quality control system. We assure you that ship will be in par with ships written in the past. Maybe even as great as the Carter/Stalker ship we had going.

Rest assured our quality meets the standards we have set forth during the last few seasons.

Thank you,

TPTBTDGaC

Comment

TPTBTDGaC
                (The Powers That Be That Don't Give a Crap.)
                Canada

To:
                Still Confused Fan
                Texas

In regards to you inquiry, we stand by our product. Our quality control is state of the art and fully automated. (Disclaimer--we do not legally share the same views at JM, though they are pretty close.)

We are in the process of having the term; "Lemming" and "Screaming Lemming" copyright to our use as referred to a urban definition of "ill informed fan." Thus giving TPTBTDGaC total and complete control over the term, which enables us to charge or fans royalties in the event they use the term for other than approved Stargate related fandom.

In regards to Wier's one episode story arc, I assure you that our fully automated quality control will make sure it is a memorable episode which you will not want to miss.

In regards to Torri's availability, she's is currently looking for better projects and really doesn't want to come back anyways. Plus, we really can't afford to pay her for more than one ep due to the budget crises. In order to get Torri back our writer's had to be very creative to work around the budget to ensure there will be big, honken, space battles.

As for the availability of Pual, we feel that since he's a man with a fan group that was willing to protest his departure that he should get more screen time to satisfy the other screaming lemmings who played into our pawn from the start. Thus, we feel he will boost rating much more than TH.

The Ronon and Keller ship fall under our automated quality control system. We assure you that ship will be in par with ships written in the past. Maybe even as great as the Carter/Stalker ship we had going.

Rest assured our quality meets the standards we have set forth during the last few seasons.

Thank you,

TPTBTDGaC
                Confused Fan
                Texas

To:
                TPTBTDGaC
                Canada

In regards to your reply, I don't blame Torri for going to find better things to do, and after the way yall bascially ignored her when she told you yall could do more for the character, woudln't blame her for not wanting to come back, but come on is this show all about the special effects? I remember when I started watching that there were all the different characters and how they were dealing with being cut off from Earth and in another Galaxy alone, and it was cool that there were effects her and there, but now it's just a little tedious.

Ah see Torri was the Woman with the fan group who also protested her departure, do yall hate the Wier lemmings that much that you'll deliver the good to the Carson lemmings, yet deny the Weirs?

Am I right that Woolsey starts war with the flies? I mean he has to face his fears eventually, might as well start there!

In regards to your quality meeting the current standards, so I've noticed, but you should raise the standards.

Thank You,

Confused Fan

Comment

Confused Fan
                  Texas

To:
                  TPTBTDGaC
                  Canada

In regards to your reply, I don't blame Torri for going to find better things to do, and after the way yall bascially ignored her when she told you yall could do more for the character, woudln't blame her for not wanting to come back, but come on is this show all about the special effects? I remember when I started watching that there were all the different characters and how they were dealing with being cut off from Earth and in another Galaxy alone, and it was cool that there were effects her and there, but now it's just a little tedious.

Ah see Torri was the Woman with the fan group who also protested her departure, do yall hate the Wier lemmings that much that you'll deliver the good to the Carson lemmings, yet deny the Weirs?

Am I right that Woolsey starts war with the flies? I mean he has to face his fears eventually, might as well start there!

In regards to your quality meeting the current standards, so I've noticed, but you should raise the standards.

Thank You,

Confused Fan

TPTBWDGaC
                  Canada

To:
                  Confused Fan
                  Texas

Dear Confused;

Our research has shown that our main target audience, (white males between the ages of 16 to 24) prefer the current formula our fully automated quality control system has put in place.

Though we are pleased to announce that there has been a significant increase in audience target of females, we believe the true audience target would be more receptive to bigger ships, lots of action, lots of boobs, butts and tight clad young females.

Our over all product is in compliance with the industry standards that are generally aimed at our primary target audience of young males. If you do not fall into the target audience then I'm afraid there isn't much we can offer you at this point in time.

In regards to Torri's fan group. Though thier protest have been viewed and concidered it has no major affect on our decision to let Torri go. Though she had worked well with her co-workers and Carl Binder advocated for her use and stay, we feel that Paul would be better suited for maintaining what female fan base we have left due to his classic good looks and sex symbol statues even though our primary target audience is young males.

As far our automated quality control, they are at industry standard for the network we are currently carried by. Sci- Fi network makes our product look superb due to just how bad the other products on the network are.

For example, Ghost Hunters and EWC Wrestling has made the automatized quality control possible. With such fierce and high quality programming our own quality control is a real no brainier.

After all, "we" meaning TPTBWDGaC are in this business to make money and fan base is negotiable. What you do not like, I am sure someone else will and as long as our product stays on the air we still make money.

You must understand that laying off actors left and right, changing the main cast considerably and having no real direction in the show is all secondary compared to ability to still make money in this business.

For once you have started in this business and have established your connections then you will have other projects waiting once the current show has run its course.

Simply put, we target young males in our audience. We make enough money of Sci-fi channel to stay profitable due to the lack of good TV on the channel. The actors and actresses that have been with us in the past have all suffered some form of lay off and will surely suffer in the future.

In regards to the resent casting changes. We simply screwed ourselves when we let TH go in favor of AT. despite our desperate attempts to keep AT, she has been cast in another series and is leaving us. RP is our knight in shining armor for he is available for the next season. If he gets cast in another job then we are screwed again.

Again, thank you for using our product and we hope you are in the target audience fan group.

best regards,

TPTBTDGaC.

Comment

TPTBWDGaC
                    Canada

To:
                    Confused Fan
                    Texas

Dear Confused;

Our research has shown that our main target audience, (white males between the ages of 16 to 24) prefer the current formula our fully automated quality control system has put in place.

Though we are pleased to announce that there has been a significant increase in audience target of females, we believe the true audience target would be more receptive to bigger ships, lots of action, lots of boobs, butts and tight clad young females.

Our over all product is in compliance with the industry standards that are generally aimed at our primary target audience of young males. If you do not fall into the target audience then I'm afraid there isn't much we can offer you at this point in time.

In regards to Torri's fan group. Though thier protest have been viewed and concidered it has no major affect on our decision to let Torri go. Though she had worked well with her co-workers and Carl Binder advocated for her use and stay, we feel that Paul would be better suited for maintaining what female fan base we have left due to his classic good looks and sex symbol statues even though our primary target audience is young males.

As far our automated quality control, they are at industry standard for the network we are currently carried by. Sci- Fi network makes our product look superb due to just how bad the other products on the network are.

For example, Ghost Hunters and EWC Wrestling has made the automatized quality control possible. With such fierce and high quality programming our own quality control is a real no brainier.

After all, "we" meaning TPTBWDGaC are in this business to make money and fan base is negotiable. What you do not like, I am sure someone else will and as long as our product stays on the air we still make money.

You must understand that laying off actors left and right, changing the main cast considerably and having no real direction in the show is all secondary compared to ability to still make money in this business.

For once you have started in this business and have established your connections then you will have other projects waiting once the current show has run its course.

Simply put, we target young males in our audience. We make enough money of Sci-fi channel to stay profitable due to the lack of good TV on the channel. The actors and actresses that have been with us in the past have all suffered some form of lay off and will surely suffer in the future.

In regards to the resent casting changes. We simply screwed ourselves when we let TH go in favor of AT. despite our desperate attempts to keep AT, she has been cast in another series and is leaving us. RP is our knight in shining armor for he is available for the next season. If he gets cast in another job then we are screwed again.

Again, thank you for using our product and we hope you are in the target audience fan group.

best regards,

TPTBTDGaC.
                    To:
                    TPTBWDGaC
                    Canada

Confused Fan
                    Texas

Dear TPTBWDGaC,

If your target audience is white, male, and aged 16 to 24, then wouldn't it have made more sense to have treated Torri Higginson better and not let her go the way you did, seeing she's the hottest woman in the Stargate franchise? And if you really want to reach the young white male demographic, then why are you pushing Ronon/Keller, reminding your young white male fans that they're not a fit, gorgeous teddy bear like Ronon and won't obtain a cute geeky woman like Keller?

And if you want to keep your female base who were most likely attracted to the show with the fact that there was a woman in charge for once, why not put naother woman in charge instead of fly-fearing Woolsey? I ithnk it would benefit both your male and female fans, you'd have a hot woman (for your targeted audience and any lesbians watching) and you'd have a hot woman in charge (for all audiences), which brings me back to my original point that Cathy Debuono would make more sense than Woolsey. Though unattainable by the white males (or any males for that matter) she's absolutely gorgeous, and would make a good leader/psychologist for Atlantis.

Sincerely,

Confused Fan

Comment

To:
                      TPTBWDGaC
                      Canada

Confused Fan
                      Texas

Dear TPTBWDGaC,

If your target audience is white, male, and aged 16 to 24, then wouldn't it have made more sense to have treated Torri Higginson better and not let her go the way you did, seeing she's the hottest woman in the Stargate franchise? And if you really want to reach the young white male demographic, then why are you pushing Ronon/Keller, reminding your young white male fans that they're not a fit, gorgeous teddy bear like Ronon and won't obtain a cute geeky woman like Keller?

And if you want to keep your female base who were most likely attracted to the show with the fact that there was a woman in charge for once, why not put naother woman in charge instead of fly-fearing Woolsey? I ithnk it would benefit both your male and female fans, you'd have a hot woman (for your targeted audience and any lesbians watching) and you'd have a hot woman in charge (for all audiences), which brings me back to my original point that Cathy Debuono would make more sense than Woolsey. Though unattainable by the white males (or any males for that matter) she's absolutely gorgeous, and would make a good leader/psychologist for Atlantis.

Sincerely,

Confused Fan
                      From
                      TPTBTDGaC
                      Canada

To
                      Confused fan
                      Texas

In accordance with our highly paid research center, I can inform you that the genre of "science-fiction" is indeed geared towards young males ages 16 to 24. The research has also indicated just what our target audience likes and doesn't like.

Our target audience likes: Big breasted, leather clad women with full figures. They like lots of visual special effects, lots of guns going off, lots of aliens and lots of explosions. The Male lead must be be masculine or very geeky. Stargate is pleased to announce we have both characteristics in our 2 male leads. They like females that are subordinate to the male lead but smart enough to get into trouble so the male lead must rescue her. But character's aside, the male demographic that we are aiming for likes lots and lots of space ships and Asgard technology. They are not keen to watching the gate dial, but do like the explosive phallic image our special effects department has conjured.

Our target audience does not like: Dominate women or women that are smarter than the male counter parts. Hence, Dr. Weir had to go. They do not like a strong boss figure of the leading male, hence Woosley is the perfect passive boss. They do not like plot arcs that require thinking beyond what is established by the shows canon as actual science in the show. Another words, they like techno babble but it has to be with in the science-fiction universe and not hold any real truth in reality.

Our target demographic has been and always will be our main concern since Gekko is no longer with the company and this has allowed us to open up with our creative abilities. Hence, no longer do just the alien women wear tight fitting clothing but our casting females must have the same.

Our show prides itself on making sure our representation of the military is highly accurate, except for regards to female uniforms, procedures and anytime the plot calls for a seasoned veteran to make stupid decisions.

Our target audience doesn't include the following: Lesbians, Gays, transexuals. However, since this is science fiction we are free to explore those issues using body swapping techniques. We do not target females of any age but we do know females watch the show. We do not target males over 24, but we do know there is a viewing audience. We do not target viewer ship of color or religion. Yet, there is a demographic that has been recorded by Nielson.

We do not target the males who grew up watching Star Trek, though our writers do include them as an audience while writing along with other pop culture target audiences.

In regards to Ronon and Keller, they fit the target audience demographic. He is masculine, big, tall, hairy. She is smaller, petite and cute. She is smart when it comes to medicine but needs that strong male to make her decisions for her. As a doctor she is the nurturing type and thus more acceptable in a military situation.

Best regards

TPTBTDGaC

Comment

From
                        TPTBTDGaC
                        Canada

To
                        Confused fan
                        Texas

In accordance with our highly paid research center, I can inform you that the genre of "science-fiction" is indeed geared towards young males ages 16 to 24. The research has also indicated just what our target audience likes and doesn't like.

Our target audience likes: Big breasted, leather clad women with full figures. They like lots of visual special effects, lots of guns going off, lots of aliens and lots of explosions. The Male lead must be be masculine or very geeky. Stargate is pleased to announce we have both characteristics in our 2 male leads. They like females that are subordinate to the male lead but smart enough to get into trouble so the male lead must rescue her. But character's aside, the male demographic that we are aiming for likes lots and lots of space ships and Asgard technology. They are not keen to watching the gate dial, but do like the explosive phallic image our special effects department has conjured.

Our target audience does not like: Dominate women or women that are smarter than the male counter parts. Hence, Dr. Weir had to go. They do not like a strong boss figure of the leading male, hence Woosley is the perfect passive boss. They do not like plot arcs that require thinking beyond what is established by the shows canon as actual science in the show. Another words, they like techno babble but it has to be with in the science-fiction universe and not hold any real truth in reality.

Our target demographic has been and always will be our main concern since Gekko is no longer with the company and this has allowed us to open up with our creative abilities. Hence, no longer do just the alien women wear tight fitting clothing but our casting females must have the same.

Our show prides itself on making sure our representation of the military is highly accurate, except for regards to female uniforms, procedures and anytime the plot calls for a seasoned veteran to make stupid decisions.

Our target audience doesn't include the following: Lesbians, Gays, transexuals. However, since this is science fiction we are free to explore those issues using body swapping techniques. We do not target females of any age but we do know females watch the show. We do not target males over 24, but we do know there is a viewing audience. We do not target viewer ship of color or religion. Yet, there is a demographic that has been recorded by Nielson.

We do not target the males who grew up watching Star Trek, though our writers do include them as an audience while writing along with other pop culture target audiences.

In regards to Ronon and Keller, they fit the target audience demographic. He is masculine, big, tall, hairy. She is smaller, petite and cute. She is smart when it comes to medicine but needs that strong male to make her decisions for her. As a doctor she is the nurturing type and thus more acceptable in a military situation.

Best regards

TPTBTDGaC
                        Confused Fan
                        Texas

To:
                        TPTBWDGaC
                        Canada

Dear TPTBWDGaC,

Your target audience is awfully small, I mea for starters only 70% of America is white, and that's Male and Female of all ages, so lets break that down and say that about 35% is male, and that'd be all ages and if you were to split that percentage into three groups equally (0-19, 20-64, 65+) then that's nearly 12%, and you're targeting 8 years so the 0-64 would be about 24% and if you want to make that all equal then 8 years=3%, and then let's say about 10% of that 3% is gay/transgendered/other, then you only have about 2.7% straight white males. And then let's say that only a quarter of this 2.7% actually watch sci-fi, which would be about 0.675%.

So, your 0.675% target audience is very small, as I have said, wouldn't you want to expand your target just a little, you know more customers? As a female fan I'm offended of how the 0.675% want weaker damsel in distress characters, shame on them. I do however agree with the big breasted, leather clad, full figures, but I like women of all shapes and sizes.

I guess it does make sense that if your target isn't interested in strong, smart female characters, that Weir and soon Carter are gone, because they're about as strong and smart as they come, it's a shame though, because your target is quite idiotic to fear those types.

And the fact that your target is interested in the phallic image that the wormhole creates is quite amusing and makes me wander if they're all really straight. (;P) I know that Woolsey is very passive and the wussiest male character in Stargate, but coudln't yall have gotten someone just a tad less wussy, I mean passive woudl've been fine, but not someone who like fears flies?

I still think Ronon/Keller is wrong, that is all.

Sincerely,

Confused Fan

Comment

Confused Fan
                          Texas

To:
                          TPTBWDGaC
                          Canada

Dear TPTBWDGaC,

Your target audience is awfully small, I mea for starters only 70% of America is white, and that's Male and Female of all ages, so lets break that down and say that about 35% is male, and that'd be all ages and if you were to split that percentage into three groups equally (0-19, 20-64, 65+) then that's nearly 12%, and you're targeting 8 years so the 0-64 would be about 24% and if you want to make that all equal then 8 years=3%, and then let's say about 10% of that 3% is gay/transgendered/other, then you only have about 2.7% straight white males. And then let's say that only a quarter of this 2.7% actually watch sci-fi, which would be about 0.675%.

So, your 0.675% target audience is very small, as I have said, wouldn't you want to expand your target just a little, you know more customers? As a female fan I'm offended of how the 0.675% want weaker damsel in distress characters, shame on them. I do however agree with the big breasted, leather clad, full figures, but I like women of all shapes and sizes.

I guess it does make sense that if your target isn't interested in strong, smart female characters, that Weir and soon Carter are gone, because they're about as strong and smart as they come, it's a shame though, because your target is quite idiotic to fear those types.

And the fact that your target is interested in the phallic image that the wormhole creates is quite amusing and makes me wander if they're all really straight. (;P) I know that Woolsey is very passive and the wussiest male character in Stargate, but coudln't yall have gotten someone just a tad less wussy, I mean passive woudl've been fine, but not someone who like fears flies?

I still think Ronon/Keller is wrong, that is all.

Sincerely,

Confused Fan

TPTBTDGaC

To
                          Confused fan

Dear Confused,

Though the target audience set for by institutional research has been the standard for the genre for well over 50 years, we do believe it is the young male population would be a batter target audience due to lack of willing to conform to new standards, lack of willing to accept that females like science-fiction too and lack of over all vision is justifiable to industry standards by the proposed marketing research.

Marketing research has dictated that young males between the ages of 16-24 will have more money to spend on our additional products such as boxed season sets, t-shirts, action figures and models over the other audience types.

Young females tend to spend more money on hair, make up and clothing while adults have house hold obligations to consider first. Thus making the young male target demographic more marketable to our product.

It all comes down to how much money this product can turn out for us over a set number of years. Considering the current target audience will eventually grow up and have other obligations but still like our product and bring in the next generation of young males makes our target audience much bigger in reality.

The fact that non target audience also likes our product and will buy it despite it's draw backs is just icing on the cake for us.

The marketing research to determine if actually making a product that will appeal to a family broad base has never been done in the genre of sci-fi due to the old boys club attitude we TPTB hinder ourselves with.

However, Gekko's production of Stargate was geared more towards families, women and minorities and yes, they did indeed have 8 solid years leaving us with an additional 2 yeas of bad tv to make an actual record breaking product does indicate there is a market for intelligent, broad based sci-fi.

However, that doesn't interest us because that would require actual though in the writing process and after all the years we have spent writing Stargate we feel our product is much more fun to write as a comedy disguised as a science fiction program.

best regards,

TPTBTDGaC.

Comment

TPTBTDGaC

To
                            Confused fan

Dear Confused,

Though the target audience set for by institutional research has been the standard for the genre for well over 50 years, we do believe it is the young male population would be a batter target audience due to lack of willing to conform to new standards, lack of willing to accept that females like science-fiction too and lack of over all vision is justifiable to industry standards by the proposed marketing research.

Marketing research has dictated that young males between the ages of 16-24 will have more money to spend on our additional products such as boxed season sets, t-shirts, action figures and models over the other audience types.

Young females tend to spend more money on hair, make up and clothing while adults have house hold obligations to consider first. Thus making the young male target demographic more marketable to our product.

It all comes down to how much money this product can turn out for us over a set number of years. Considering the current target audience will eventually grow up and have other obligations but still like our product and bring in the next generation of young males makes our target audience much bigger in reality.

The fact that non target audience also likes our product and will buy it despite it's draw backs is just icing on the cake for us.

The marketing research to determine if actually making a product that will appeal to a family broad base has never been done in the genre of sci-fi due to the old boys club attitude we TPTB hinder ourselves with.

However, Gekko's production of Stargate was geared more towards families, women and minorities and yes, they did indeed have 8 solid years leaving us with an additional 2 yeas of bad tv to make an actual record breaking product does indicate there is a market for intelligent, broad based sci-fi.

However, that doesn't interest us because that would require actual though in the writing process and after all the years we have spent writing Stargate we feel our product is much more fun to write as a comedy disguised as a science fiction program.

best regards,

TPTBTDGaC.
                            Dear TPTBWDGaC,

I'd just like to say that your product has become kind of a trainwreck to me, I'm only usuing because I'm one of those people that can't help but look at a trainwreck, I mean the fact that you're bringing in a fly-fearing wussy man to be the leader, and you basically screwed over your next season by writing out an arc for a character who's actor you didn't contact beforehand, and thankfully she turned yall down, it's called Karma.

If you treated your actors better, who you know damn well are your meal ticket, then you wouldn't be having these problems now, would you? I'm sure your demographic will be a tad annoyed with your recent changes too, unless they're as idiotic (and possibly high) as yall,

Best Regards,

Confused (weir lemming) Fan

Comment

Dear TPTBWDGaC,

I'd just like to say that your product has become kind of a trainwreck to me, I'm only usuing because I'm one of those people that can't help but look at a trainwreck, I mean the fact that you're bringing in a fly-fearing wussy man to be the leader, and you basically screwed over your next season by writing out an arc for a character who's actor you didn't contact beforehand, and thankfully she turned yall down, it's called Karma.

If you treated your actors better, who you know damn well are your meal ticket, then you wouldn't be having these problems now, would you? I'm sure your demographic will be a tad annoyed with your recent changes too, unless they're as idiotic (and possibly high) as yall,

Best Regards,

Confused (weir lemming) Fan
                              Dear Confused Lemming,

The show may indeed be a "train wreck" and the character Richard Woosley, played by the very talented Robert Picardo of Star Trek, is indeed a "fly fearing wuss" who has no experience running a large expectation and no real reason to be placed in charge of the Atlantis Expedition but if it weren't for Richard we would truly be screwed because Amanda has left us for another show. Thus we shall not bit the hand that feeds us.

We are confident we can use Woosley's inexperince and fear to play into many funny plots. He is in fact the political clone of Dr. Rodney McKay, played by the fabulous and ass saving David Hewitt, and I am confident that two Rodney's will be double the fun and trouble in the series. After all, Rodney McKay is such a popular character with the fans there is way we could possibly go wrong by writing for 2. Everyone just loves Rodney!

Though I do not question the intelligence of our target demographic, the collective opinion of the writers is to write with low expectations to make sure to include everyone in the demographic by aiming for the lowest common denominator.

As far as our own intelligence; I believe our product speaks for itself.

Best Regards,

The Powers That Be That Don't Give a Crap.

Comment

Dear Confused Lemming,

The show may indeed be a "train wreck" and the character Richard Woosley, played by the very talented Robert Picardo of Star Trek, is indeed a "fly fearing wuss" who has no experience running a large expectation and no real reason to be placed in charge of the Atlantis Expedition but if it weren't for Richard we would truly be screwed because Amanda has left us for another show. Thus we shall not bit the hand that feeds us.

We are confident we can use Woosley's inexperince and fear to play into many funny plots. He is in fact the political clone of Dr. Rodney McKay, played by the fabulous and ass saving David Hewitt, and I am confident that two Rodney's will be double the fun and trouble in the series. After all, Rodney McKay is such a popular character with the fans there is way we could possibly go wrong by writing for 2. Everyone just loves Rodney!

Though I do not question the intelligence of our target demographic, the collective opinion of the writers is to write with low expectations to make sure to include everyone in the demographic by aiming for the lowest common denominator.

As far as our own intelligence; I believe our product speaks for itself.

Best Regards,

The Powers That Be That Don't Give a Crap.
                                Jackie, you're hilarious, thanks so much

I don't really have anymore though, guess TPTBWDGaC win this round.

Comment

Working...
                                X