Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone else have issues with sheppards hair?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    I'm with those who love his hair, but question whether the military would let him get away with it. Good thing he is the highest ranking officer in Atlantis!

Well, in that case, SGC should have requisitioned a BARBER to go on the Atlantis expedition...

Let's get real here, people...

sigpic
    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Let's remember please, this is JOE's head you're talking about. So express the opinions, but keep them respectful please
      Sky,unless posts bashing JF have been deleted since I last looked last evening ,and speaking purely on my own behalf,I haven't seen anyone attack Joe Flanigan at all here .

Most posts here are pro "Teh Hair" and several JF Thunkers/Whumpers have been posting some very nice caps and lots of info which I know I've enjoyed reading .

I suppose the thread title is a bit misleading ,as "Hate" is way too strong a word imo for the tone of the thread ,and the member who began the thread is in fact a fan of JF ,as are a majority of members including myself who've posted so far.

I for one don't want to resurrect the "Anti-Sheppard" thread to post teasings about Shep's hair in the show,and I know that it might be considered extremely trollish to post what I and others said in our earlier posts ,on the Thunk or Whump threads.

That leaves us with this thread as an open discussion ,though some may be serious in their defence of Teh Hair against all criticism ,and feel personally offended at any teasing however mild .

I propose a change of thread title .

Something like : "Sheppard's hair :Love it ..or want it tamed ? *No bashing allowed * " ?

Would that be a good compromise ?
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

*whimpers at thread title*

Touch not teh hair! The tornado-hair is perfect and should not be messed with.....except for a bit of affectionate and sensual rumpling by yours truly

I love the Shep hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
          Well, in that case, SGC should have requisitioned a BARBER to go on the Atlantis expedition...

Let's get real here, people...

*giggle*

His expressions lend themselves so very well to adaptation, don't they? Thanks for that - very fun!

Comment

Just a general FYI for some posters here.
            Talking about this thread and the posters' opinions in it elsewhere in a disparaging manner ,then reporting this thread as bashing JF isn't fair play .

You ( the general you ) aren't going to prove anything or change minds ,but it will get your posts reported to the Mods .

Like I said : a FYI.

Let's let the Mods decide if this thread deserves to be closed , hmm ?

Comment

my post was just preemptive since 'does anyone hate sheppard's hair' could lead to 'good grief! what is joe thinking? that do is horrible' or 'man, that hair looks ugly' or some other such disrespectful things.

it's along the line of us not allowing some comments this week that made disparaging remarks about how 'big and fat' teyla looked...which were rude because it was rachel they were really talking about since she was really preggers.

No one had said anything inappropriate, my post was just a friendly warning to keep your commetns within the rules, is all.

I hope you have fun with it, but if anyone comes in here to spoil the fun, then we'll whack them
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your reply ,Skydiver.

Here's hoping no thwackings are ever needed here,as I'm hopeful that any new posters won't come in to bash Joe F or any other actors.

If it does happen ,whoever first spots it can report the post ,and let you and the other Mods come noodle them !

*wanders off to play with the DST Shep doll son was supposed to have for his birthday next month*

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  Linzi *lower lip quivers* How could you???? *sniff* You need a reminder from Listy!!!

I personally like but it is not very military. I really can't see a pilot being allowed to get away with it, even ones that have black marks on their record. Hubby is ex military and had gone through flight school. It seems as if they were extra strict with pilots. Could be the strong individual personalities involved.
                  that first hair picture needs to go on a t-shirt!! Can i steal it to print it on a t-shirt please? *cue big puppy dog eyes*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                    that first hair picture needs to go on a t-shirt!! Can i steal it to print it on a t-shirt please? *cue big puppy dog eyes*
                    You would have to actually ask Listy. She is the creative mastermind behind this one. She usually hangs on the Shep Whump thread as well as the JFT! She has been busy with work lately so you might want to PM her.
                    sigpic

Comment

I LOVE teh hair! It's part of the character as much as it is part of JF. Any attempts to tame it have failed miserably. He would need to grow it much longer to have it lay anywhere near flat, or a buzz cut NO THANK YOU on both counts!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I don't care for Sheppard's hair either. He needs a regulation cut and a shave very badly.
                        If you want regulation cuts, then you watch NCIS and that military drama after it with Dennis Haybert. Can't recall the name. SGA is scifi, so...

and, Flanigan has cowlicks that stick up no matter what. People are always asking him about it at cons. It looks far better like that than short hair with something sticking up like an unmowed lawn

But, TV Guide summed it up best:

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/180014.html

Comment

sam did say in midway that military protocol was relaxed

of all the things they have to worry about, taking rulers to a person's hair is a bit nitpicky

although...you know, woolsey might be jealous
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

His hair is actually how I always pictured Harry Potter's hair before I'd even watched the movies for it. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, of course... *wraith, expelliarmus!*
                            sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              If you want regulation cuts, then you watch NCIS and that military drama after it with Dennis Haybert. Can't recall the name. SGA is scifi, so...

and, Flanigan has cowlicks that stick up no matter what. People are always asking him about it at cons. It looks far better like that than short hair with something sticking up like an unmowed lawn

But, TV Guide summed it up best:

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/180014.html
                              It's 'The Unit' and it's my second favorite show after Atlantis
                              Not because of the regulation cuts thought Some people look good with them, but not our Shep...
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

*gasps* There are people that DON'T LIKE Teh Hair!?

One more serious note, Shep is high enough in Atlantis not to have to worry, and the military rules are more relaxed over there. Also, his previous job was in Antartica, the most remote location of Earth and I guess military cuts wasn't his priority after receiving a black mark. Why would he worry about it?
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X