Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in*

Welcome back Haliyah! Hope you had a smashing good time while you were away from the Gutter. And, yeah that was a great use of the multi-quote!

Great pics everyone, especially pics from Shore Leave. Paul is looking as amazing as ever ... What a guy!

*big huge thread wide gutter hug cause I can*

*runs out*

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
      *runs in*

Welcome back Haliyah! Hope you had a smashing good time while you were away from the Gutter. And, yeah that was a great use of the multi-quote!

Great pics everyone, especially pics from Shore Leave. Paul is looking as amazing as ever ... What a guy!

*runs out*
      that was fast *lol* *sees only the dust cloud left by cshawzye*

I guess I send my return hug to where ever you are now

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
      Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
        Hey folks. The con is over and I'm hanging out in the hotel lobby. Here's another pic of Paul from yesterday.

See the flyers on the wall to the right? Top flyer designed and posted by Emerald1. Bottom flyer by yours truly.

OMG!! That was when he was signing a couple of autographs for me. That's my picture, or whatever you want to call it, that he's holding up. I had no idea that you took a picture of that. I'm not sure how I managed to miss that, since I was standing right in front of him at the time, but I blame it on the sleep deprevation. Yeah, that's it. It's not because I'm slow, really it's not. Okay, so maybe it's a little bit of both. LOL Do you mind if I snag this for my convention scrapbook, and the one with the teddy bear as well? The teddy bear was mine too.

This is so cool! I'm glad I was standing in line behind you.

I'm working on getting all my photos from Shore Leave doctored up and onto my Photobucket account. I'll be back to post a link as soon as I can, probably tonight or definitely tomorrow, if not tonight.

Comment

Welcome to this thread, Les342! I hope you're staying for good. This is a lovely place to hang around and look at some pretty pictures.

idlewild, thanks for the goodness in between spoiler tags!

And of course welcome back, Haliyah! I thought you were staying one more week in Nova Scotia but I'm afraid I'm a bit dense when I'm overworked... (You could also guess it from my typing, I needed three tries to type 'overworked'! *shakes head*) Your multi-quote was really impressing. Thanks for your consoling words. Kind of OT but if you like I'll tell you something
          Spoiler:
          For our dear budgies to no longer be alone since each of them should have a permanent partner, we went to the local pet shop and bought a wonderful young male bird, a green one. We put him into the cage and the bunch ignored him for two whole days!!! And he himself was so shy; he was afraid of his own shadow and was really distressed that none of the others wanted to have anything to do with him.

Long story short: Today's sight brought tears of joy to my eyes when I saw Gabie, who has been late Raphie's partner, cuddled wee Simon and fed him (the most intimate sign of affection a bird offers). They obviously accepted him in their ranks.

Here's a pic of Gabriel and Simon

Sorry, I've merely lurked over the weekend and not done much on the days before either. My boss definitely doesn't know the difference between an employee and a slave! I guess I'm the latter. *shakes head*
          The book we're currently working on has roughly 900 pages, it took me two months to get a bit more than the first half finished. But since the publisher increased the pressure, I now have to do the rest (300-350) pages in one and a half weeks!!! Has he gone completely nuts over night?! How am I supposed to do that? I told him I couldn't and wouldn't promise to get it done by then. And after I've worked almost round the clock last week (even before he told me), as a means of protest I didn't take the work with me over the weekend and stayed far away from any computer; therefore, I neglected my beloved thunk thread. *hangs head in shame*

But the pics posted from ShoreLeave are soooooo adorable! I could melt away when I see them. (Though I have to admit I liked the hairdo from FedCon better; ignore me please, I'm just a fool )

Now it's my turn to post a few pics and caps

How's that for evil!Beckett?

BTW, has dllmzca fallen off the rim of Earth? Since his announcement to post caps from 'The Siege' we haven't heard anything from him. dllmzca! We're splashing joyfully in the gutter but we miss you!
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
            Of course, you are one of a kind

And, what's a welcome back without a little spam
            (hehe, and because I'm in the mood for some myself)
            Spoiler:

"What's that you say? Haliyah is back?"

"Where at?"

"Oh right! Over there!"

"Glad to have you back lass!"

Mmmkay, time for bed for me! Adios all

.:*squee* Eeek, my very own Carson pic-spam! *huggles her Carson clone* Thank you!

Comment

Paul was great at Shore Leave. I'm so glad that people had a chance to see "A Dog's Breakfast". *waves to Watcher* I have pics of Paul, but anything over 5 feet away came out terrible because my camera is really old. The only decent ones have me in them, too. *shrug*

Would anyone be interested in images of Paul from ADB? Or is it strictly Carson/Paul pics?

Cheers!
              Emerald
              Emerald
              ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
              I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                Paul was great at Shore Leave. I'm so glad that people had a chance to see "A Dog's Breakfast". *waves to Watcher* I have pics of Paul, but anything over 5 feet away came out terrible because my camera is really old. The only decent ones have me in them, too. *shrug*

Would anyone be interested in images of Paul from ADB? Or is it strictly Carson/Paul pics?

Cheers!
                Emerald
                We are kinda crazy for any pics of Paul McGillion and ADB is highly welcome but if the pics are a bit spoilery, I would suggest to put them in spoiler tags. There are quite a lot here who haven't seen the film yet, and I for one would like to be surprised when I finally get a hold of a copy of the DVD.

Glad to know you had a good time at ShoreLeave. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think everybody who had the pleasure to meet PM in person somewhere came back as a McGillion fan. You should have seen my sister! (I can't deny that she did like Beckett quite a bit but he was her least favourite male character on Atlantis, but when she met PM at FedCon, she was gleaming with bliss! And being on the receiving end of his charm, that's definitely not so hard to do!)
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

.:I'll get back to replying to people in a minute, but first of all:

To whomever it may concern,

I am writing this e-mail to express my displeasure at the removal of Dr. Carson Beckett from the Stargate: Atlantis Season Three DVD box art. The character - and, incidentally, the actor who plays him, Paul McGillion - has been through a lot this past year with regards to casting changes, but the people who decide on the final art must remember that Dr. Beckett was a regular in Season Three, and therefore deserves his place on the cover just as much as any of the other main, regular characters. Compiled with the "death" of the character and the dismissal of Mr.
                  McGillion from the cast, his exclusion from the box art is an absolute outrage. This will not be taken lightly by his rather large fanbase, least of all the members and supporters of the successful Save Carson Beckett campaign. Therefore, I strongly implore you to put the good doctor back where he belongs - standing alongside his teammates and friends.

Sincerely, <name>

.:This is my e-mail to Fox. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                    .:I'll get back to replying to people in a minute, but first of all:
                    Spoiler:

To whomever it may concern,

I am writing this e-mail to express my displeasure at the removal of Dr. Carson Beckett from the Stargate: Atlantis Season Three DVD box art. The character - and, incidentally, the actor who plays him, Paul McGillion - has been through a lot this past year with regards to casting changes, but the people who decide on the final art must remember that Dr. Beckett was a regular in Season Three, and therefore deserves his place on the cover just as much as any of the other main, regular characters. Compiled with the "death" of the character and the dismissal of Mr.
                    McGillion from the cast, his exclusion from the box art is an absolute outrage. This will not be taken lightly by his rather large fanbase, least of all the members and supporters of the successful Save Carson Beckett campaign. Therefore, I strongly implore you to put the good doctor back where he belongs - standing alongside his teammates and friends.

Sincerely, <name>

.:This is my e-mail to Fox. Good? Bad? Ugly?
                    Hey, Haliyah, that was a powerful letter/eMail! Very well done! Loved the last part with the verb implore. Very good use of the strong meaning. *applaudes wildly*
                    sigpic

Comment

^ Send it! And to MGM! Very nice Haliyah.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

PS- 1600 post I should post a photo in honor I suppose......

sigpic
                      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/paul72-1.jpg
                        Congratulations and Jubilations on posts, Jenner!

And no better place to celebrate it either! Would love to send you a drowning avalanche of green but... you know.
                        Loads of Beckett-hugs and from this thread as well!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                          <snip>

Haliyah, welcom back!!!!
                          Originally posted by phibi View Post
                          hey good to have you back Haliyah!
                          .:Thanks! It's good to be back! I had to compensate for my loneliness by making pretty wallpapers and daydreaming an awful lot.
                          Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
                          Hi people who are usually here but have been gone for a wee bit for one reason or another !
                          .:Hi!
                          OK guys, I found more outlets to voice our disapproval of Carson being taken off the S3 DVD cover:

You can send an email about dvd complaints to MGM at

[email protected]

AND don't forget to email Fox as well at

[email protected]

AND you can call Fox as well (Toll free!!)

888-223-2FOX
                          .:Oh, fantastic, Jenner! So done!
                          Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                          *runs in*

.:*grins* <3

.:Yes, the convention-goers are so lucky!

.:*hugs with* : D

*runs out*
                          .:*eats dust*
                          Originally posted by Les342 View Post
                          OMG!! That was when he was signing a couple of autographs for me. That's my picture, or whatever you want to call it, that he's holding up. I had no idea that you took a picture of that. I'm not sure how I managed to miss that, since I was standing right in front of him at the time, but I blame it on the sleep deprevation. Yeah, that's it. It's not because I'm slow, really it's not. Okay, so maybe it's a little bit of both. LOL Do you mind if I snag this for my convention scrapbook, and the one with the teddy bear as well? The teddy bear was mine too.

<snip>
                          .:Wow! They were both yours? What did he think of them?
                          Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                          Welcome to this thread, Les342! I hope you're staying for good. This is a lovely place to hang around and look at some pretty pictures.
                          .:Yes, welcome! You seem to be a pretty hardcore Paul fan; why weren't you here before? xP

idlewild, thanks for the goodness in between spoiler tags!
                          .:'Twas yummy, wasn't it? *drools everywhere*

And of course welcome back, Haliyah! I thought you were staying one more week in Nova Scotia but I'm afraid I'm a bit dense when I'm overworked...(You could also guess it from my typing, I needed three tries to type 'overworked'! *shakes head*)
                          .:Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear that you're overworked! Personally, from what I've read, I'd tell your boss to shove it and find someone else to walk all over... D : < *sends luck, hope, and boxing gloves*

Your multi-quote was really impressing.
                          .:>w<

Thanks for your consoling words. Kind of OT but if you like I'll tell you something
                          Spoiler:
                          For our dear budgies to no longer be alone since each of them should have a permanent partner, we went to the local pet shop and bought a wonderful young male bird, a green one. We put him into the cage and the bunch ignored him for two whole days!!! And he himself was so shy; he was afraid of his own shadow and was really distressed that none of the others wanted to have anything to do with him.

Long story short: Today's sight brought tears of joy to my eyes when I saw Gabie, who has been late Raphie's partner, cuddled wee Simon and fed him (the most intimate sign of affection a bird offers). They obviously accepted him in their ranks.

Here's a pic of Gabriel and Simon
                          .:Awww, that's so adorable! I'm glad that Simon's been accepted, and that your birds are happier!

<snipped the gloom and unfairness> ...therefore, I neglected my beloved thunk thread. *hangs head in shame*
                          .:It's okay! We still love you, Twin! <3 *hugs*

But the pics posted from ShoreLeave are soooooo adorable! I could melt away when I see them. (Though I have to admit I liked the hairdo from FedCon better; ignore me please, I'm just a fool )
                          .:I agree that they're adorable, but I do love his hair when it's longer! It looks so hot that way, and there's enough to hold on to!

Now it's my turn to post a few pics and caps

.:Oh muffins, that's drool-worthy...

BTW, has dllmzca fallen off the rim of Earth? Since his announcement to post caps from 'The Siege' we haven't heard anything from him. dllmzca! We're splashing joyfully in the gutter but we miss you!
                          .:Yeah, really, where's he gone off to, I wonder?
                          Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post

Cheers!
                          Emerald
                          .:I've got no problem with being spoiled! Bring on the pics! : D
                          <snip>

Glad to know you had a good time at ShoreLeave. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think everybody who had the pleasure to meet PM in person somewhere came back as a McGillion fan. You should have seen my sister! (I can't deny that she did like Beckett quite a bit but he was her least favourite male character on Atlantis, but when she met PM at FedCon, she was gleaming with bliss! And being on the receiving end of his charm, that's definitely not so hard to do!)
                          .:So just imagine what it's like for those fangirls who've had vicarious fandom love build up on them...

Hey, Haliyah, that was a powerful letter/eMail! Very well done! Loved the last part with the verb implore. Very good use of the strong meaning. *applaudes wildly*
                          .:Thanks, Twin. I'm glad it's good enough to send.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!
                          .:Thanks, and I'm sending it there now. I'll fight the good fight until there's no fight left to fight.

.:Hey, congrats! Good picture choice, lol! He's so cute inebriated. >w<

Comment

Okay, this post is being very weird with the quote w/ spoiler in it thing, so I just ousted it. But twinny I'm so glad to hear you got a new pal for your budgies and that they are accepting him!! Wonderful news! (and he is so cute! I've always liked green birds, 'specially ones that don't have a dark factor or whatever it's called and are bright!)

... or what about this?
                            Spoiler:

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                            .:*squee* Eeek, my very own Carson pic-spam! *huggles her Carson clone* Thank you!
                            Oh you are very very welcome!

And, BTW, wonderful letter!!
                            Last edited by idlewild202; 16 July 2007, 07:32 PM.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

.:(I'm also having issues with the spoiler-in-quotes, so please pardon the stupid formatting...)

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                              <snip>

... or what about this?
                              Spoiler:

.:*SNORT* Heehee, my inner eye sees him turning red like seizure!Rodney and spewing curses in Scots Gaelic. xP

Oh you are very very welcome!

And, BTW, wonderful letter!!
                              .:Thanks, hon, and I'm glad you liked it. Did you write one yet?

Comment

Ah! Inebriated Paul, nice pic!. Congrats on the 1600 posts Jenner

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                                hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                                OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Working...
                                X