Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Not much traffic in here today... (though I can imagine why cshawzye is a tad bit preoccupied tonight )
    .:*snort* Now, I wonder why that'd be distracting, lol!

BTW, and probably completely off topic but it really did remind me of Carson. However, here goes: Today in a satirical political revue here in Germany, one of the performers said that bad characteristics were much more contagious than good ones because in the end almost everybody gets contaminated with lying and cheating while unfortunately there was hardly anyone who would be infected with truth and integrity. TRUE!
    .:It's unfortunate that things work like that, but they do. That's why a character like Carson is so rare; despite all odds, and a brutal disillusionment by the Wraith-eat-Wraith workings of the Pegasus Galaxy, he's stayed the compassionate, caring, and lovely character we grew to absolutely adore in Rising. There are few characters who can experience what he has and come out on top emotionally.

Well, to prove the point that there's no time like today, here are a few nice pics to indulge in...

Spoiler:

And the special one for Haliyah which I unfortunately forgot when posting my congrats on her 800th post
    .:Eeek, I LOVE that cap! Thank you! =D That behind-the-scenes thing was so cool...I wish I could watch it again, but I suppose it's been taken off of YouTube...

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
      .:It's unfortunate that things work like that, but they do. That's why a character like Carson is so rare; despite all odds, and a brutal disillusionment by the Wraith-eat-Wraith workings of the Pegasus Galaxy, he's stayed the compassionate, caring, and lovely character we grew to absolutely adore in Rising. There are few characters who can experience what he has and come out on top emotionally.
      You summed it up perfectly, Haliyah.
      Especially as a male character I thought his attitude was exceptional and examplary from the start. There are not too many male TV characters who dare to show their emotional part to others, and much less who go through so many bad experiences, still not losing their faith in the general good. IMHO Beckett never failed to convey the feeling of truly believing in good having the last victory over evil and he himself being able to save the whole world if only he tried hard enough.
      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        You summed it up perfectly, Haliyah.
        Especially as a male character I thought his attitude was exceptional and examplary from the start. There are not too many male TV characters who dare to show their emotional part to others, and much less who go through so many bad experiences, still not losing their faith in the general good. IMHO Beckett never failed to convey the feeling of truly believing in good having the last victory over evil and he himself being able to save the whole world if only he tried hard enough.
        .:Oh, absolutely! Now, he's not innocent by any means; he's been through far too much to escape unscathed, but his nature is such that he always puts others first. Perhaps it's as compensation for something in his past that he feels he needs to make up for (that would be a cool character dev. point - too bad TPTB suck so much at that ), but either way, he's a good enough person that he could almost make you believe that yes, he could save the world single-handedly.

.:Actually...

Spoiler:
        .:I have a feeling that he's going to be recovered by Atlantis only to sacrifice himself once again to save the rest of them, this time going out in a much more dramatic and worthy fashion.

.:I really hope this isn't the case, but I wouldn't put it past TPTB to do so...but, Lordy, would they ever have a crowd outside Bridge if they did that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
          Tattoos.
          Are.
          Hot.

Especially on Paul.
          I totally agree

Comment

Tattoos.
            Are.
            Hot.

Especially on Paul.
            Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
            I totally agree
            I have to absolutely agree with you both there.
            well its my last exam today and then im of on holiday to Italy YAY! Although i wont be able to post for a whole week EEKKK! I will have to leave one last post this evening before i go.

dllmzca keep up the great caps, I'm happily saving them all.
            sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

CALLING ALL FEDCON THUNKERS!!!!!

I just got a request from a special member of the media/press (cant say what yet, but you will all love it) for a hi-res version of Paul with us and the banner at FedCon. Can anyone who has a good shot, please email me at munchkin1980uk at hotmail dot com as soon as possible please! The biggest version of the photo you've got!

THANK YOU!!!

Comment

what's everyone's favourite Paul espiode?

I am trying to get all the one's he is brillant in. Got poisoning of the well and sunday what else do i need to watch
                sigpic

Comment

Two more SCB mentions in the press

The Nashville City Paper:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=56807

And the Lexington Herald-Leader

http://www.kentucky.com/129/story/104707.html

Keep it up!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Two more SCB mentions in the press

The Nashville City Paper:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=56807

And the Lexington Herald-Leader

http://www.kentucky.com/129/story/104707.html

Keep it up!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

yeppee brillant news
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                      CALLING ALL FEDCON THUNKERS!!!!!

I just got a request from a special member of the media/press (cant say what yet, but you will all love it) for a hi-res version of Paul with us and the banner at FedCon. Can anyone who has a good shot, please email me at munchkin1980uk at hotmail dot com as soon as possible please! The biggest version of the photo you've got!

THANK YOU!!!

Ahhh, mines are sooo blurred

Comment

Mine wasn't blurred, but poor TJ had so many requests from people to use their cameras to take a picture too that mine doesn't have Jenner in it. She was nice enough to take the picture for me instead. Thanks, Jen, it's appreciated. LOL, maybe we can ask someone to photoshop you in. It was nice of Paul to come and have a pic with us, though.
                        Last edited by Jersey13; 22 June 2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                          Mine wasn't blurred, but poor TJ had so many requests from people to use their cameras to take a picture too that mine doesn't have Jenner in it. She was nice enough to take the picture for me instead. Thanks, Jen, it's appreciated. LOL, maybe we can ask someone to photoshop you in. It was nice of Paul to come and have a pic with us, though.
                          Hahahaha, no worries. I am camera shy anyways LOL. I HATE how I look in photos! But send it to TJ anyways, you have a great camera and it probably took at the quality she needs!

sigpic
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

PS- It's Jersey's birthday today

Paul pic for you

sigpic
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Hahahaha, no worries. I am camera shy anyways LOL. I HATE how I look in photos! But send it to TJ anyways, you have a great camera and it probably took at the quality she needs!
                              I already did, and the focus turned out so perfect that you can even read the words that Paul had written on the banner! LOL, maybe I should just have you take all my pictures in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                                I already did, and the focus turned out so perfect that you can even read the words that Paul wrote on the banner! LOL, maybe I should just have you take all my pictures in the future.
                                Hahahaha, sure Glad it came out so great. Rock!!!!!!

sigpic
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X