Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    Celestial - this b/w pic is just breathtaking! I'll see what I can do about using it in the sig. I'll pm you.
    Thanks, but please make sure to credit the pic courtesy of TJuk. Actually, she's got great pics, and if TJuk doesn't mind, (((TJuk could A. use some of your pics if she needs to when creating my sig, please? )))

Here's another B/W pic from her site I find so mesmerising

chant with me.....*sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
    Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
    and Captain Jack Harkness
    Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
    Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
    Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
    I live here.....Calling All Australians?
    My other home...Stargate Down Under
    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk
      I like the B&W photo, but its a little older, looking at it I'd say it was taken around the time of 'Viper' (so 1996-ish). My fav has to be the most recent grey shirt cheeky smile headshot (love the ones from SGA but I prefer the ones of the man not the character)! Paul just gets better and better with age, like a fine wine...hhuuummm must be all that red wine he drinks!! hehehehe
      PM out of character are definitely eye candy viewing! And I wholeheartedly agree with Paul looking more gorgeous as he ages
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

And just a friendly word ladies. Paul is a private person, so while asking about 'girlfriends' isn't exactly 'private' it is part of his private life and we should respect his wishes to keep that 'out of bounds'. Along with stuff like his age, if he wanted us to know, believe me the man likes to ramble on occassion and he would share at a con or interview I'm sure. Paul is a total sweetheart and I have a lot of respect for him and I hope you can all understand why I'm saying that!!
        Hey it is all good clean fun. No offence meant to him or anyone.
        I don't care if he has a gf or how old he his! My god woman the man is just plain *Thunk-able* but you know fangals will be fangals. I always try and show respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
          Thanks, but please make sure to credit the pic courtesy of TJuk. Actually, she's got great pics, and if TJuk doesn't mind, (((TJuk could A. use some of your pics if she needs to when creating my sig, please? )))
          Of course you can, *hugs* no need to credit the site unless she wants to for a sig. I wouldn't put them up hi-res and unmarked if I wasn't happy to share! The more folks out there aware of Paul and wanting to see more of the man and his work *hint* See Grace Fly *hint* the better!!!

So help yourselves folks!

TJ

Comment

As for the 'single' at the con, it was a running gag. Everytime a lass (or sometimes a bloke) got up to the mic to ask a question he would say 'SINGLE' the minute they started to speak. He got plenty of dinner and date offers...and some crazy Brit lass asked him to marry her which got a good laugh...wonder who that was???

TJ
            I would have liked to ask him that question, but I don't think I could get the words out, and not because I'm already married (sorry hubby ), but it'd be because my face would be flaming RED!
            My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              My god woman the man is just plain *Thunk-able*
              AMEN to that!!!

TJ

Comment

Of course you can, *hugs* no need to credit the site unless she wants to for a sig. I wouldn't put them up hi-res and unmarked if I wasn't happy to share! The more folks out there aware of Paul and wanting to see more of the man and his work *hint* See Grace Fly *hint* the better!!!

So help yourselves folks!

TJ
                Oh, thank you TJuk. *hugs*

And will definitely try and get my hands on "See Grace Fly" as soon as it's out on DVD, is it out yet? I just got "The Deal" and the story looks good, and I'm sure it will be extra great with PM in it.
                My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

The web is so slow today, it's unbelievable. You're posting so fast girls that it's hard to catch up with the newest posts!

And just a friendly word ladies. Paul is a private person, so while asking about 'girlfriends' isn't exactly 'private' it is part of his private life and we should respect his wishes to keep that 'out of bounds'. Along with stuff like his age, if he wanted us to know, believe me the man likes to ramble on occassion and he would share at a con or interview I'm sure. Paul is a total sweetheart and I have a lot of respect for him and I hope you can all understand why I'm saying that!!
                  Hey it is all good clean fun. No offence meant to him or anyone.
                  I don't care if he has a gf or how old he his! My god woman the man is just plain *Thunk-able* but you know fangals will be fangals. I always try and show respect.
                  I know what you mean, TJuk, I was already feeling a little unsettled when I talked about the gf or the birthday thing, because I read in an interview that he likes to keep some things private. So I'm sorry if I said too much, I didn't mean any disrespect for PM.
                  But Rose is also right. Thunking for this adorable man involves such fangirlish behaviour sometimes. I think that's ok as long as this doesn't get out of hand and becomes too detailed, and it must still be respectful. But I don't think I have seen anything disrespectful on this thread yet.
                  OK, enough of that.

TJuk - I loved what you told us about PM playing pranks on his sister! It's so funny! The poor girl, growing up with so many brothers, that might have been hard!
                  And I can't believe you asked him THAT question on the con! A good question, but I wouldn't have dared asking that! Never, never, never!
                  Great, just great! And he did say neither yes nor no? Hehe...

Originally posted by Celestial
                  Thanks, but please make sure to credit the pic courtesy of TJuk.
                  no need to credit the site unless she wants to for a sig.
                  Celestial, I meant to ask TJuk via pm if I can use the pic for your sig, I wouldn't have done it without her OK, that's what I meant when I said "I'll see what I can do about using it".
                  But it looks as if I don't have to ask anymore! Thanks TJuk!

The pm will follow soon Celestial, I'm sorry about the delay, I don't seem to get anything done today.

Bye, A.
                  Last edited by Arlessiar; 23 August 2005, 07:17 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I hope I didn't offend PM in any way or form when I joined in the discussion about his birthday and about him having a g/f or not. Privacy is important not just for celebrities, but for people in general, and I respect the fact that he values his privacy, just as I value mine. So if I've unintentionally showed any disrespect, I apologise.

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    PM will follow soon Celestial, I'm sorry about the delay, I don't seem to get anything done today.
                    No worries, and take your time. Like I said, I've happily done without a sig for a while so I'm not too fussed. I just get a little envious at times when I see all the cool sigs from you guys here and from others in the forum. I'm just so happy you agreed to help me
                    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Well I am not very happy, someone just posted a link in the McKay/Hewlett Thunk to more publicity shots of the actors for season 2 (more than the ones on GW anyway) and there are only 4 of Paul. One in particular looks great I mean really great but only 4! And they don't mention his name when talking about Carson!

I have no idea if TJ has them on her site but I must say I am vv disappointed by the lack of publicity images.

Comment

I must say I am vv disappointed by the lack of publicity images.
                        Did you see these?
                        http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/gl7.html
                        http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/gl1.html

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                        Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Well I am not very happy, someone just posted a link in the McKay/Hewlett Thunk to more publicity shots of the actors for season 2 (more than the ones on GW anyway) and there are only 4 of Paul. One in particular looks great I mean really great but only 4! And they don't mention his name when talking about Carson!

I have no idea if TJ has them on her site but I must say I am vv disappointed by the lack of publicity images.
                          I guess other dedicated PM/CB or DH/RM sites would have more on their website. And TJuk has great ones of Paul/Carson.

Here's another site you can try, and it's where I get most of the screencaps I use which I'm grateful for, and a great place to view them especially since Aust. won't be airing s2 anytime soon since they haven't even finished s1
                          http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/photos/
                          My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

No worries mateys, this thread is just for fun, I've just noticed a few others that go too far and I don't want it to happen here so I thought I'd mention it...we're rabid but respectful eh? hehehehehe

(((Arlessiar & Celestial)))

Hey come on, I'm the one who wants to 'dip Carson in choc and lick him clean!!' (though I always refer to the character!! ).

FYI The new publicity photos only became available today, they'll be up on my site tonight or tomorrow dont you worry!!

Something I also noticed, theres 4 of Carson and 12 of Shep. I know Joe is the lead but come on! Scifi are B$@%&*ds, they dont use Carson in promos, print ads, and he gets all of 1 scene in the specials which is annoying and frustrating to say the least! Carson is not your adverage character and I love it, he's interesting and special and I wonna see more of our loveable Hot Scot Doc!

It looks like we might just get out wish judging by the promo pics for the next 2 eps! Looks like Beckett finally gets in on some of the action as well as an active part in the story...finally!!!

TJ
                            Last edited by TJuk; 23 August 2005, 08:32 AM.

Comment

(((Arlessiar & Celestial)))

Hey come on, I'm the one who wants to 'dip Carson in choc and lick him clean!!' (though I always refer to the character!! ).
                              Aaww...leave us some...I love chocolate too, and especially on our good doctor!

FYI The new publicity photos only became available today, they'll be up on my site tonight or tomorrow dont you worry!!
                              Hence the reason I like Carson, he's not your adverage character! I hope they start to work on that too and it looks like it for the next 3 eps!

Everyone see the promo images for this week and next, it looks like Beckett gets in on some action as well as is an active part of the story...finally!!!

TJ
                              Can't wait to see the pics you'll be putting up, and HOORAY! for Carson getting more screen time and character development. Now if only Australia hurries up and catch up with the rest of the world regarding SGA, I'll be a happy camper!
                              My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I think its way past by bedtime fellow thunkers. It's almost 2am, and as much as I want to stay up, reality comes knocking and I need to be up in a few hours time and wake up to the "real world", until I come back here

So goodnight folks and see you soon......
                                My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X