Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    It's 3 am in the morning, I'm alone at home, there's too much caffeine in my blood (normally I drink tea) and I was pretty bored, and after making so many Rodney pics I decided to make a pic dedicated to our favorite doc and this thread. So here it is, hope you like it:

Bye, A.
    I am not urling it cause it is so bloody good! Yeah! Aw and the "Hullo" one too. *Squee* Good work I would green but you know...

Comment

I decided to make a pic dedicated to our favorite doc and this thread.
      Beautiful!

Mmmmmm. Warm sunshine.

AT
      thistledown
      sigpic

Comment

Carson is only in one scene in Trinity.

That darker jacket really makes the yellow stand out. I don't know if I like that.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Carson is only in one scene in Trinity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ity2054254.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ity2022931.jpg

That darker jacket really makes the yellow stand out. I don't know if I like that.
          Thanks watcher652

Hmm, there is an Australian Rules Football team that has brown and yellow for it's teams colours, the only time in my life I wished I supported them.

Oh only 2 minutes and one scene. At least his hair looks nice, very nice. But does he look a little tired in those shots? He needs a big soft comfy bed to...

gutter.

Bye.

Comment

That jacket complements his skin tone, even with the yellow. The dark is by his face so he doesn't looked washed out and then the yellow brightens his face.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              At least his hair looks nice, very nice.
              Thank God!
              I ADORE him, but he was going to put someone's eye out with that pointy hair!

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              But does he look a little tired in those shots? He needs a big soft comfy bed to...

gutter.
              OOoh! You and me both, sister! Gutter, gutter, gutter

AT
              thistledown
              sigpic

Comment

One more set of caps from Trinity. I don't think this is spoilery. Just 2 men in the conference room. Let me know if it is and I'll hide it.

That's pretty much it for Carson in this episode.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Alas, I have not yet seen Trinity, so I've no pics from that (though from what I gather - what's up is all there is ).

I was on this cute site today for reasons utterly other than SGA,
                  http://elouai.com/doll-makers/boy-doll-maker.php
                  it's kind of like digital paperdolls. You pick clothes, eyes, hair, faceshape, etc.

Who else could I make?

Well, okay......no one seems to like him with Cadman, so:
                  Beckett's new Assistant...**Mary Sue**:

LOLOL!

How much time do I have?

AT
                  thistledown
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                    I was on this cute site today for reasons utterly other than SGA,
                    http://elouai.com/doll-makers/boy-doll-maker.php
                    it's kind of like digital paperdolls. You pick clothes, eyes, hair, faceshape, etc.
                    Who else could I make?
                    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eckettDoll.jpg
                    Well, okay......no one seems to like him with Cadman, so:
                    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...antMarySue.jpg
                    Beckett's new Assistant...**Mary Sue**:
                    LOLOL!
                    How much time do I have?

AT
                    A lot by the looks of it. watcher652 thanks again for the pics, still think he looks a little tired.

Comment

Hello! New here (I'm usually hanging out at Shep/Weir or Joe or Torri!).
                      Silly question from me, which may have been answered, but do we know how old Paul McGillion is? He seems to be a man without a birthdate on the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Hello! New here (I'm usually hanging out at Shep/Weir or Joe or Torri!).
                        WELCOME!!!

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Silly question from me, which may have been answered, but do we know how old Paul McGillion is? He seems to be a man without a birthdate on the internet!
                        TJuk's website says his birthday is on January 5th, but I'm not sure about the year, I thought I read some time ago that it was 1969. Is January 5th not also Joe Flanigan's birthday?

Hey, while reading on TJuk's site I just noticed that Paul and I have the same favorite movie, "Indian Runner". I love this movie!

watcher652 - thanks for the pics! I like the contrast of the yellow color in the new dark jacket!

Originally posted by thistledown
                        I was on this cute site today for reasons utterly other than SGA, it's kind of like digital paperdolls. You pick clothes, eyes, hair, faceshape, etc.
                        Super cute your Carson doll!
                        I visited the site myself and made another Carson and a John. I wanted to make Rodney, too, but I had no more time, had to make dinner. Maybe later.

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

TJuk's website says his birthday is on January 5th, but I'm not sure about the year, I thought I read some time ago that it was 1969. Is January 5th not also Joe Flanigan's birthday?

Hey, while reading on TJuk's site I just noticed that Paul and I have the same favorite movie, "Indian Runner". I love this movie!
                          lol...thanks for the site advertisment A!!! *hugs* And the amount I have in common with that man (from fav colour, food and movies to musical tastes) is kinda freaky!

So was anyone else severely disappointed with a lack of Beckett two weeks in a row...4 out of 6 eps so far! I mean, I hardly count 1 scene, a couple of lines and the patented 'concerned' look as episode participation. Definately liking the new darker uniform though!!

I started a thread :-

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16096

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk
                            So was anyone else severely disappointed with a lack of Beckett two weeks in a row...4 out of 6 eps so far! I mean, I hardly count 1 scene, a couple of lines and the patented 'concerned' look as episode participation. Definately liking the new darker uniform though!!

TJ
                            I'm sorely disappointed! Also worried that this doesn't bode well for Beckett's future, considering (1) fans always want a "known" character death instead of the little-known background character death; (2) look what happened to Ford, who was a regular character last year; and (3) the people who make SGA also make SG1, and if they're willing to kill off their much loved doctor in SG1, then they won't have any qualms killing off Beckett.

Should I start looking for a new show to watch on Friday nights?

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
                              I'm sorely disappointed! Also worried that this doesn't bode well for Beckett's future, considering (1) fans always want a "known" character death instead of the little-known background character death; (2) look what happened to Ford, who was a regular character last year; and (3) the people who make SGA also make SG1, and if they're willing to kill off their much loved doctor in SG1, then they won't have any qualms killing off Beckett.

Should I start looking for a new show to watch on Friday nights?
                              (1) and (3) Janets death and Jacobs can be attributed to the fact that seasons 7 and 8 were meant to be the last seasons. Both characters were written out in such a way as to give a beloved character a big send-off because of plot constraints they couldn't feature prominently in the Finale

(2) Don't worry about Carson, TPTB have nothing but good things to say about PM. Ford couldn't find a niche on the show - he wasn't dumped just spun off onto his own journey. Beckett already has a niche on the show, he is Atlantis' CMO and part-time pilot. The problem is that his role limits him to Atlantis based episodes and episodes where the team know they will have need of his skills.

There hasn't been alot of need for Beckett recently but hes going to feature heavily in the next 2 episodes. Anyway as I said in another thread Beckett doesn't know PM became a regular. If Beckett suddenly started taking centre-stage all the time it would be odd. IMO Beckett will have a larger part to play in the show but it should happen naturally.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk

TJ
                                Yes and I went there. I have to admit that as a McKay fan that I have been spoiled.

As a relatively new Paul/Carson fan I do want lots more of Paul/Carson this season! We are only into the first few eps so I hope that we will get to see him more. However you are so right TJ he should be seen as more than just the CMO of SGA.

I don't know what Paul would be thinking about all of this but if I was an actor signed to a show and in the opening credits and then I wasn't being cast in scenes week after week and contracts not withstanding I think I might start looking elsewhere. I have no idea how it works but would he be paid if he doesn't appear on screen? Man has to eat as well as be creative. Arh! I feel all sad now.

Comment

Working...
                                X