No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never even knew this thing called real life existed until now...it's fun for a while but I can't wait to come back and spend more time here

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
      I never even knew this thing called real life existed until now...it's fun for a while but I can't wait to come back and spend more time here
      If you are still having fun out there, then you should put down your phone so you can enjoy it!
      We won't do anything big without you!
      (Carson, what are you doing, that doesn't go there, over by the wall!)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
        If you are still having fun out there, then you should put down your phone so you can enjoy it!
        We won't do anything big without you!
        (Carson, what are you doing, that doesn't go there, over by the wall!)
        *reappears* Well one friend left and the other has gone to go sledding in the snow. I'm on my own now so...GateWorld it is! *runs in and skids to a stop* What the...Carson, what is going on over here?

#2 Oh hello, Love! *stops what he's doing to come over and give me a kiss*

Mmmm...*glances down at her engagement ring and giggles* I think I'm living every true fangirl's dream, to be marrying her true Love. *clings to Carson*

Comment

Damn Aang, you are not supposed to be back yet!
          Where do you want this....oh, Aang, thought she was out for the day?
          Didn't we all though
          #2Well I'm glad you came back early love!
          sigpic

Comment

*stares at Dell, Carson #1 and Rodney* What...the? *turns back to her Carson and grins* At least you're happy to see me, Love *hugs him*

Comment

Ok, guys, time to leave, they need some alone time!
              Time to escape don't you mean?
              What DVD's have you got back at your place *they turn and head for the door*
              Hehe, I'll just go see how Shep is *backs towards the hole*
              sigpic

Comment

*giggles* Wow, managed to get the original Carson to leave his own thread.

#2 Our thread, Love. He and I share this thread. *chuckles and pulls me in for a kiss*

Aye, that's quite right *Carson and I wave to the others as they leave and settle in on the new couch*

Comment

I work at a summer camp and the summer staff are having a reunion. So much fun right now actually. *playing cards with her two favorite friends here*
                  Lols! I was a camp counselor years ago and we also had winter break reunions. There was always something fun about spending time with the staff you suffered through a ridiculously hot summer with only a few months before. I loved being able to roast marshmallows and it wasn't over 100 degrees outside, more like 40! We did the low ropes course just for fun and got away with stuff that we couldn't do around the campers. *cough* hidingthecampdirectorsgolfcart intheteepees Enjoy yourself!
                  Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?!

"You can't afford to be afraid if you're going to succeed in this business. It's time to stop running and face what's been chasing you for so many years." I did and it's going to be amazing.

"I want to live! I want to explore the universe...and eat pie." -Urgo

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
                    Hey Heather, I haven't heard that little ditti for ages, you sing it well! I like your accent!
                    Aw, thanks! I think I sounded more Irish than Scottish. It's been awhile since I've had to do a Scottish accent. My Irish is much better.

"You can't afford to be afraid if you're going to succeed in this business. It's time to stop running and face what's been chasing you for so many years." I did and it's going to be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherOnTheHill View Post
                      Lols! I was a camp counselor years ago and we also had winter break reunions. There was always something fun about spending time with the staff you suffered through a ridiculously hot summer with only a few months before. I loved being able to roast marshmallows and it wasn't over 100 degrees outside, more like 40! We did the low ropes course just for fun and got away with stuff that we couldn't do around the campers. *cough* hidingthecampdirectorsgolfcart intheteepees Enjoy yourself!
                      Oh I did have fun. Our camp director though, is that awesome that one summer, in front of over 200 campers, he let a bunch of staff throw him in the lake! Today though, he played dodge ball with us. *chuckles at the very idea because last time we'd done that, he got hit just right in the leg and had a limp for a week*

Although I was kitchen staff, not a counselor. Will never get used to the no technology rule...summer's going to be hell with the 11pm curfew and tech ban if I work there again...*will miss GateWorld so horribly much*

Comment

We had a psuedo tech-ban. Cabin counselors weren't allowed to have phones when camp was in session. We had a staff lounge with a community computer and we had to keep our phones in there during session. We always had breaks, though, and we could check our phones and emails during that time. Second year, I wore multiple hats and was the camp photographer, Arts & Crafts/Drama counselor, and camp medic (the camp nurse was 90 years old and had served in WWII, and she understandably moved rather slow). I was able to keep my phone with me since I wasn't a cabin counselor and I got a lot of computer time to myself since the computer was in the Infirmary and that's where I slept. :-D

I did, however, routinely stay up until 3 am once or twice a week washing out 80+ tie-dyed shirts and hankies in the Infirmary sink wearing bright purple gloves. It was awesome (not!). I'll bet Carson never had to do that in his Infirmary! Now that would make a funny fanfic! *cracks up*

Funny story...one night, I skipped the All Camp game of Eagle's Nest to get an early start on the tie-dye. We had a full-house of 120 campers that week and I didn't want to stay up late. About 45 kids got heat exhaustion and crashed the Infirmary at the same time. Poor Nurse Jean couldn't keep up with the load, so I dropped everything and wound up passing out popsicles and ice water and taking temperatures, still in my multicolored tie-dye apron. I wound up staying up until 3 AM anyway because about 5 of the kids were serious enough to have to stay for a few hours and Nurse Jean had problems staying awake!

Comment

Hey guys, January 5th is not only Joe Flanigan's birthday but also our favorite Hot Scot's birthday!!! I'm going to be very busy making new arts in Photoshop and possibly puttering around with a Carson Birthday fic...just to give our Hot Scot Pauly some love over here for his Birthday. *hug-squishes her Carson*

Comment

Anyway yeah, we did have a staff lounge but if you lived in a cabin where there were campers, counselor or not, no tech allowed in the cabins and no WiFi in cabins anyway. The Staff Lounge computers sucked so bad, I kept my laptop with me. See, I didn't live in a cabin with kids so I was able to have my laptop with me and all. Heh.

Comment

Anyway yeah, we did have a staff lounge but if you lived in a cabin where there were campers, counselor or not, no tech allowed in the cabins and no WiFi in cabins anyway. The Staff Lounge computers sucked so bad, I kept my laptop with me. See, I didn't live in a cabin with kids so I was able to have my laptop with me and all. Heh.
                              I didn't have a laptop back then, so had to use the community computer. People grumbled about the ban on phones, but you couldn't really get a signal out there in the boonies, anyway, so it wasn't really an issue. I could get one in the Infirmary because it was at the very front of camp, close to the road and the nearest tower.

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherOnTheHill View Post
                                I didn't have a laptop back then, so had to use the community computer. People grumbled about the ban on phones, but you couldn't really get a signal out there in the boonies, anyway, so it wasn't really an issue. I could get one in the Infirmary because it was at the very front of camp, close to the road and the nearest tower.
                                Yeah we're in the dead middle of NOWHERE, but they just put cell towers in nearby so we get SOME service. Drives the staff batty because most of us don't have social lives outside the internet. *facepalm*

Comment

Working...
                                X