Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa
    It doesn't kill anyone if someone breaks the rules every now and then. This is one of the better behaved and friendlier thunk threads.....
    I don't think a regular like Caz deciding not to post would be an improvement at all!
    Originally posted by HyperCaz
    fine. I will no longer post here, if it will please you.
    This really isn't what Rose wanted to say. Caz is a vital and funny part of this thread. No-one wants her to leave or said that she should leave or is pleased when that happens.
    It's only that generally things tend to go a little overboard here sometimes, which means that there isn't really always something to discuss or thunk about for all the people in this thread but only for a few. Rose may have said it a little drastically (), but she's right, this is a thunk, which means that it is mainly about pics, about adoration for the character, or about things the actor does/did/said, and that everyone visiting here can join in. Like Rose I noticed too that this is sometimes a little difficult because there is much insider talk about personal experiences. That's fine to a certain extent. I mean, everyone strays from the 'strict thunk rules' from time to time, like alyssa said, and I think that's absolutely ok, because it can be funny or informative or simply a good discussion (although lenghty character discussions are for the CB disc. thread). It's that way in all the thunk threads I visit. Of course there are sometimes text only posts. Of course there is fangirlish funny nonsense. Of course there are personal things from or about the posters. Of course it's alright if others comment on that and comfort/applaud/acknowledge someone or something. But in the end it's still a thunk, and it only works with some rules and members which are something like a well-working family. Yes, this here is a friendly thread, but mainly because there aren't so many people posting here, which means less possibilities to get in trouble over a topic. Even a friendly thread with nice people needs some rules. And sometimes there's (in my humble opinion) simply too much of this exclusive off-topic talk here which isn't interesting for everyone and leaves nothing for others to discuss.

This said, here is another less than constructive post for example:
    Originally posted by katrin
    Jen Jennn Jennnnnnnnnnn Yayyyyyy
    Katrin, no offense, but if at all then this is something for a pm, not for the thunk.

Please, let us all get back on-topic again and post some quality posts and great pics and enjoy the wonderful PM/CB together.

*hugs everyone who's posting here*
    *...and Carson too*

Oh, and this gulp sequence is really funny, Caz, I don't remember seeing it before, so thanks for posting it!

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I always try not to post too many only-one-pic-posts, but I can't resist posting this new cap I made today:

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I love Beckett's sexy accent!

Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          Great pics, Caz, though I wouldn't mind pics of Bakula either!!
          tsk tsk! aren't we bad going after another Beckett - must be the name!!!

But I return true to the Beckett of Stargate

hmm taking a trip down memory lane with this one. the best weekend of my life.

and this random pic I found on my computer:

omg, going through all the pages of this thread brings back good pics. this one originally posted by Immy

must...post...

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            This really isn't what Rose wanted to say. Caz is a vital and funny part of this thread. No-one wants her to leave or said that she should leave or is pleased when that happens.
            It's only that generally things tend to go a little overboard here sometimes, which means that there isn't really always something to discuss or thunk about for all the people in this thread but only for a few. Rose may have said it a little drastically (), but she's right, this is a thunk, which means that it is mainly about pics, about adoration for the character, or about things the actor does/did/said, and that everyone visiting here can join in. Like Rose I noticed too that this is sometimes a little difficult because there is much insider talk about personal experiences. That's fine to a certain extent. I mean, everyone strays from the 'strict thunk rules' from time to time, like alyssa said, and I think that's absolutely ok, because it can be funny or informative or simply a good discussion (although lenghty character discussions are for the CB disc. thread). It's that way in all the thunk threads I visit. Of course there are sometimes text only posts. Of course there is fangirlish funny nonsense. Of course there are personal things from or about the posters. Of course it's alright if others comment on that and comfort/applaud/acknowledge someone or something. But in the end it's still a thunk, and it only works with some rules and members which are something like a well-working family. Yes, this here is a friendly thread, but mainly because there aren't so many people posting here, which means less possibilities to get in trouble over a topic. Even a friendly thread with nice people needs some rules. And sometimes there's (in my humble opinion) simply too much of this exclusive off-topic talk here which isn't interesting for everyone and leaves nothing for others to discuss.

This said, here is another less than constructive post for example:
            Katrin, no offense, but if at all then this is something for a pm, not for the thunk.

Please, let us all get back on-topic again and post some quality posts and great pics and enjoy the wonderful PM/CB together.

*hugs everyone who's posting here*
            *...and Carson too*

Oh, and this gulp sequence is really funny, Caz, I don't remember seeing it before, so thanks for posting it!

Bye, A.

hey sorry for that just trying to lighten the mood.

*thunks over all that is carson*
            OMG wasnt it awwwwwwwfull our poor beckett got stunned in the long good bye .

but it was great his expression when the kiss happened
            I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
              but it was great his expression when the kiss happened
              this being the expression

hmm that hair.

Comment

From The Gift.

Seems to me Carson's hair is darker in Season 2. From The Tower.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I have no qualms with darker hair

Comment

Caz leaving wouldn't be good, no. No one leaving would be good. The more Carson/Paul thunkers, the better yes!

Originally posted by watcher652
                    Seems to me Carson's hair is darker in Season 2. From The Tower.
                    Hmm, it could be the lighting, but it does seem darker. Well his hair looks fine to me either way

More pics from TLG...

I love the way Carson is in this ep! I like that he had a lot of chances to show concern and express his opinion
                    Spoiler:
                    like when he said he wanted to go with Rodney because some soldiers might be hurt, and when he said they should try talking to Thalan and Phoebus.
                    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I really liked in TLG when he said
                      Spoiler:
                      "don't be so heartless"
                      Hee, I love men like that.

Comment

not on page 1?! how shocking.

and what page in this thread is without this pic:

omg! this one was originally posted by MahliaBelonn over a month ago and I absolutely love it.

Comment

oh my i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the pics of carson ohh *thud*

just wanted to play with the icons lol love the thunking ones with the smilies but cant find them????
                          I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

gotta love all the pics!!!!!!! woohoo atlantis is on over here tonight..gotta get ready!!!*runs away*

whoops...have to turn off the computer first!!!!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

when i first discovered the secrets of screencapping, this was one of the first

Comment

I can't believe how far down this thread was

I really liked in TLG when he said
                                Spoiler:
                                "don't be so heartless"
                                Hee, I love men like that.
                                Ooh, I concur

when i first discovered the secrets of screencapping, this was one of the first

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6...led60dj9kp.jpg
                                Wow, very Nice (and might I say... *thunk*)!

I'm sure we've seen this, but seeing it again certainly doesn't hurt Courtesy of the Unofficial Paul McGillion website (which I wish was updated more often ):

I don't usually post Paul pics (non Carson) on here, but man I sure do love that smile
                                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X