No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Thanks for the photos! I love stuff like that.

Originally posted by TJuk
    Dan Payne decided to help raise the bidding at the charity auction...literally!
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...80/thunk17.jpg
    That looks like David's sig in the lower right. Is it? How much did that photo finally bring in? And what was the charity?

Good thing Paul's an athletic guy and knows how to keep his balance or that could have been a disaster, even if Dan knew what he was doing!

Sigh. Looks like the con was loads of fun. If you found any good reports, can you let us know about them? When exactly was that con?

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      Wow! Thanks for the photos! I love stuff like that.

That looks like David's sig in the lower right. Is it? How much did that photo finally bring in? And what was the charity?

Good thing Paul's an athletic guy and knows how to keep his balance or that could have been a disaster, even if Dan knew what he was doing!

Sigh. Looks like the con was loads of fun. If you found any good reports, can you let us know about them? When exactly was that con?
      THANKS! We were lucky to have front row seats so getting the good photos weren't a problem! The con was the last weekend in November last year.

And yep, thats David's auto, it was a print of 4 screen caps from the imfamous 'kiss' scene in 'Duet', signed by Paul and David and went for about £250 (nearly $500 USD), and there were only about 100 people there so thats VERY good! Also a big benefit of not so many people, nice and relaxed!

And I think by Paul's yelp (or is that squeel? hehe) of surprise as Dan spontaneously stuck his head between his and legs and hoisted him up with seemingly little effort, the stunt was NOT planned. He looked petrified, (but then who in their right mind wouldn't be?) when Dan decided to climb off the end of the stage, onto the speakers and then finally onto the floor and into the crowd (and that was a good 3-4ft drop), he's also lucky he didn't get brained on something cos Dan is serious THAT tall and Paul's not small himself!

No con reports but other highlights of the weekend:-

- Friday night was 'Jonesy' and 'Meet and Greet'. Basically Gary Jones did a sort of stand up and all the guests showed up to say hi and stayed to help drink the night away.

- Paul's method of removing Gary Jones (who will talk til the cows come home) from the stage so the next talk could start was to walk up, sling the man over his shoulder and carry him fireman style out. He made Gary look like he weighed nothing!! Strapping young man that Pauly McGillion...*swoons*

- On sunday he went on stage with Rachel and Loyd (stunt man on SGA, also Rachel's boyfriend and a total sweetheart!), he talked Loyd into doing some stunt displays including teaching a member of the audience to 'stage fight' and doing hand stands. Its obvious the set must be a hoot because there was lots of good natured and hilarious teasing, Rachel seemed to be laughing all the time! She got Paul to do his 'Zoolander' impression which was priceless! Oh and she sang 'someone to watch over me', she has the most amazing voice!

- Saturday night also included the mini pre-auction of various items including two pairs of boxer shorts (dont ask me what from), which Dan Payne and James Lefanzos (most Wraith males!) were 'encouraged' to model by lots of audience 'donations'. They then preceeded to strip, disappearing behind a curtain and returning in nothing but the boxers and their socks, before putting on an hilarious display of 'male prowess' (press ups, yoga positions, butt wiggles, James in Dan's arms like some damsel in distress!!). Dan Payne is without a doubt the most nosebleedingly funny guy I have ever met with a heart of gold and very agile for being so freaking HUGE!

I wouldn't recommend it as the best con, it was pretty badly organised, but ALL the guests made up for it by being not stop funny, good natured and up for lots a laugh! In and out of the bar!!!

TJ

Comment

speaking of dragon con* i was gonna upload a pic and it won't load. grrrrrrr..*sigh* just my luck. this was definately the picture of him and my friend that has got her changing all of her modeling schedules to come back! lol *cough* *cough* *hint* *hint* (...and for those of you who aren't so subtle.."PAUL COME BACK!!!) but seriously, wasn't he great there? he really could be the sweetest, down to earth actor i've ever met. ROCK ON PAUL! (picture coming soon after some serious computer drop-kicking)
        Je refuse de partir avant de retrouver mon lézard familier!!

Comment

oh - my - smegging - goodness

someone get the oxygen

those - pics - so - yummy - heeeee

I see the prevalence of the stripy-shirt-that-touched-a-million-fangirls

*loves the stripy shirt* heeee

TJuk, are you TRYING to kill me?

Comment

And yep, thats David's auto, it was a print of 4 screen caps from the imfamous 'kiss' scene in 'Duet', signed by Paul and David and went for about £250 (nearly $500 USD), and there were only about 100 people there so thats VERY good! Also a big benefit of not so many people, nice and relaxed!
            That's great for that amount of money to be raised for the autographed photo. And with so few people! Do you remember what charity it was?

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by zelda5891
              speaking of dragon con* i was gonna upload a pic and it won't load. grrrrrrr..*sigh* just my luck.
              Have another one of mine.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Oh yeah! Thanks everyone! How I love to hyperventilate from the thunkiness! I'd post some pics, but I don't have any new ones loaded and I'm too tired (read: lazy ) to upload them right now. Darn my technically challenged brain that doesn't know how to do caps or find new pics Anywho...

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                I hope I'm not the only one who has trouble looking at sensible places. *waves at Arlessiar* hi
                Oh no, I was so not going to say anything, but as I'm not the only one...

Originally posted by teknikal
                *defense teams surround the gate awaiting the onslaught ..but..as they get into position the fangirls rush through the gate*

Defense team leader: DEFENSE TEAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *drops to the ground* OW!!!!
                *radios rest of team*: careful men....they are wearing heels...'
                Ha ha ha ha!! Yep, I'm amused (in reference to Caz's lovely "stampede" description too)

Wow I love this thread!
                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                  Oh no, I was so not going to say anything, but as I'm not the only one...
                  Another one in the gutter...
                  Welcome to our club: Naughties United!!!
                  - Paul's method of removing Gary Jones (who will talk til the cows come home) from the stage so the next talk could start was to walk up, sling the man over his shoulder and carry him fireman style out. He made Gary look like he weighed nothing!! Strapping young man that Pauly McGillion...*swoons*
                  Strong arms...*sighs* Thanks a lot, TJ, now I can't stop dreaming of PM lifting me up on his arms and carrying me around!

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

As we're having a picture post-fest, here's some more BRAND NEW, never before seen photos from the L3 convention a couple of months ago!!! teknikal, did you go to the Dublin or Belfast signings?

I was at the dublin signings
                    those pics rock!!!!!!!! aw man zoolander is one of my fave films ever!!!!!!!!!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      Have another one of mine.

purrr...i missed the friggin' panel that day because i was passed out asleep...the only 3 hours i slept in 2 days had to be then. tsk tsk. he is quite lovely isn't he?

Comment

ahhhhh any pic of carso/paul is thunk worthy* THUNK*
                        I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal
                          *defense teams surround the gate awaiting the onslaught ..but..as they get into position the fangirls rush through the gate*

Defense team leader: DEFENSE TEAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *drops to the ground* OW!!!!
                          *radios rest of team*: careful men....they are wearing heels...'
                          Sora: Where did they come from? and...why am I still here?
                          Rodney: They came from...*dramatic pause* The Gutter!!!!!!!!!!
                          Teyla: Then there is no hope. We must abandon our post.

*meanwhile Beckett hides*

*the fangirls wield their great weapon - *

*The Stripy-Shirt-That-Touched-A-Million-Fangirls*

*beep*

*they follow the signal*

Beckett:

i don't know where the heck that came from...

Comment

whats you guys idea of the perfect accent.........

i loooooooooooovee pauls scottish even though its praticed
                            I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

I love both accents!

and what I really like is that he;s something of a chocoholic

Comment

guy with 2 very sexy accents AND he's a chocoholic?? i've always been more of a Mckay person myself, but jeez! I'll join the "hunt"! (see posts by hypercaz and teknikal) where do i sign up? all we're missing is a picture of him in a kilt in this thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X