No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! Well it's been too long. I've been busy for various reasons over the past few days, but I've tried to stop by and whenever I did, the board was down. Thank goodness that's not the case tonight. I was going through withdrawal!

*says hi to Arlessiar in the infirmary*

Originally posted by katrin
    REALLY!!!!!! i know its school girlish but can i copy said pictures
    If you're asking me if you can save the pic, sure. I mean they aren't mine, but I copied them. I think that's part of the reason for the thread, to build up a wonderful collection of Carson/Paul pics

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    I was bored so...lead posters in the Beckett/McGillion Thunk Thread.
    Hmm... I need to post on here more!

Welcome back Caz! Glad to hear you had a good time in Antarctica. So, did you see the Ancient outpost? (ok, so no one said I was original )

Welcome jasm!, I hope you have a good time here

also, welcome to any other new members who I missed (went through the last few pages quickly).

Also we have a discussion Thread for Beckett, some of the more lengthy posts could have gone in there, I know hit me. But this is the Thunk and really spoilers and wordy posts are not for here. *realises she is posting a wordy post*
    Personally, I wish this was a thunk/discussion/appreciation thread, similar to the Dr. Zelenka thunk/appreciation thread (at least, my sis tells me it is thunk/discussion, I never go there). I really like posting pics and talking about how much I like Carson/Paul of course, but I always find myself wanting to discuss the eps. too and it's easier to talk about them here than to go to another thread (kill 2 birds with one stone and all that). Also, since the discussion thread is just that, discussion, it is unbias so sometimes there are going to be people on there that don't like Carson or that would, for example, agree with things that a lot of Carson fans wouldn't. I know I could go to an appreciation thread, but once again, I like the idea of the thunk/appreciation thread, especially since a lot of Carson fans do seem to want to talk about him, as well as thunk for him.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to express my views
    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
      Personally, I wish this was a thunk/discussion/appreciation thread, similar to the Dr. Zelenka thunk/appreciation thread (at least, my sis tells me it is thunk/discussion, I never go there). <snip> I like the idea of the thunk/appreciation thread, especially since a lot of Carson fans do seem to want to talk about him, as well as thunk for him.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to express my views
      Lol, I don't mind the chitter/chatter if it is not in anyway spoilerish, and it is relatively brief, but I also started the Discussion thread and well no one uses it. I just think if you want to talk about the character in a serious way Discussion threads are the place to go...on the Zelenka thread, that was IMO an odd thread to begin with, it was more a Czech appreciation of the character that evolved into a Thunk/Appreciation thread. Most Thunks don't do the appreciation thing.

Comment

Welcome back Caz! Glad to hear you had a good time in Antarctica. So, did you see the Ancient outpost? (ok, so no one said I was original )
        Antarctica was sadly lacking outposts, drones or Scottish doctors in need of a little lovin', though there were Scottish scientists. That was funny.

Personally, I wish this was a thunk/discussion/appreciation thread, similar to the Dr. Zelenka thunk/appreciation thread (at least, my sis tells me it is thunk/discussion, I never go there).
        I wish that as well. It's a good system in the slinky thread (now, now, I don't thunk there I just like spreading the "bunny boy" thing mwhaha)

hmm now I need a pic. the following pic was used to convert slightly...ah...alternate stargate fans to Beckett-worship. It worked too.

Comment

Just because "most thunks don't do the appreciation thing" doesn't mean we can't. Carson fans are SPECIAL!

Really.

Trust me on that.
          Mice
          Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

Originally posted by Mice
            Just because "most thunks don't do the appreciation thing" doesn't mean we can't. Carson fans are SPECIAL!

Really.

Trust me on that.
            Well go to the Mods and ask them to change the title because this is a Thunk!

Comment

Paul from Allies, non-spoilery..(sorry if it has already been posted)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...r/5f775701.jpg
              SQUEE! Thanks for the Dreamy Carson piccy! ~~sigh!~~
              YOU ROCK!

Personally, I wish this was a thunk/discussion/appreciation thread...
              I hear ya Carson's Girl, however I have to vote for the "separate thread" thingy. I like to have all discussion requiring my brain to be kept strictly away from my Thunking which only requires my.......
              ..............................ENTHUSIASM. Yah, that.

Brain stuff and Thunking stuff - not for the same thread. Can't explain that Zelenka thing. Weird. Which is , of course, appropriate since Zelenka fans are a unique group who cannot be compared to any other - much like the man himself!
              Carson is a doctor - he would be the first one to state that any straining or twisting of the thunk could be a health risk, and should therefore be avoided! Do you read a romance novel while on a treadmill? NO. HIGHLY DANGEROUS. Just my own opinion, Carson's Girl, but as a fellow thunker I have to warn you to take CARE of your Thunk - and it will take care of you!

AT

.....oh, and to make this post legal:

I know it's a repeat - but it's one of my faves!
              thistledown
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                As would I - tossing and turning scene I have a hankering to see his quarters and what he sleeps in (bad Caz!). Paul said himself at the BOBW con he'd like Beckett's quarters to show up at some point.
                I'd like to see his quarters too. I want to know if there are typical Scottish things in there! I mean, he had a calendar with Scotland pics in his office, so he surely has a plaid or something in his quarters!
                Of the great sig in question:
                number of PMs asking about a con: 4
                number of confused PMs asking how inimately I know Paul: 2
                number of confused PMs asking if the guy in the sig pic is my husband and commenting how much he looks like Paul: 1
                LOL, that's funny!
                Antarctica was sadly lacking outposts, drones or Scottish doctors in need of a little lovin', though there were Scottish scientists.
                Damn, no Ancient outpost. I so convinced myself that it is really there!
                But it sound like a pretty *cool* holiday!

Carson's girl, Celestial and thistledown - good to see you all again! Wheeeee! *throws confetti*

*says hi to Arlessiar in the infirmary*
                *waves back* Hi! I like it here, there's always something going on, hot doctor B. is here nearly all of the time and the others drop by often enough too!

OT About this thunk versus discussion/appreciation thread topic:
                I have to agree with Rose. This is a thunk thread, and for that purpose it was created. That surely doesn't mean that only pics are allowed in a thunk, there's always talk about the actual events on the show and chatter about a lot of things too, and that's the way it should be. But the in-depth discussions about a character (and only the character) often don't fit in a thread which concentrates on pics (of actor and character) and more superficial things and which also has a lot of traffic (and this thread here has a lot of traffic compared to the Zelenka thread (who also doesn't belong to the main cast)). So it's good that these two things are kept seperated.
                Yes, it's seems easier to discuss something without changing threads. And sometimes a discussion simply evolves from a pic. But in the end it's really better if there's a special place for discussions. All these discussion threads for the major characters were made for a reason, people felt they were necessary, they wanted to move the lenghty discussions out of the thunk. Now it may not always seem as if they are still necessary, but believe me, once you change it back it won't take long until someone else, often a newbie, will come and ask for a discussion thread or even make up a new one.

End of OT. And now a pic.

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                  SQUEE! Thanks for the Dreamy Carson piccy! ~~sigh!~~
                  YOU ROCK!
                  No he rocks!
                  Can't explain that Zelenka thing. Weird. Which is , of course, appropriate since Zelenka fans are a unique group who cannot be compared to any other - much like the man himself!
                  Yes they are unique bless 'em.

I am pretty sure this is not spoilery but if it is let me know and I will url.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    Carson's girl, Celestial and thistledown - good to see you all again! Wheeeee! *throws confetti*
                    WooHoo! I LOVE confetti!
                    Wheeeeeee!
                    Glad to be back amongst my own kind!

I am pretty sure this is not spoilery but if it is let me know and I will url.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...a/a0622d9f.jpg

Not spoilery in the least (just glad their happy! - some of the comments people have been making about the new eppys have me nervous!)!

What a darling, dimpled creature!

AT
                    thistledown
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                      What a darling, dimpled creature!
                      LOL! I love it when you're thunking here, you always make me smile!

Have some Carson pics:

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

LOL! I love it when you're thunking here, you always make me smile!
                        Back atcha, girl! ...glad I'm not just SCARY! LOL!

Woo! MMmmmmm! That little crease between his eyebrows is like a FOREHEAD DIMPLE, isn't it? ~~giggle!~~

.......and I ADORE the last one! My Carsonlicious viciously attacking the ground with his bum! All that moss looks like it would be quite comfy actually! Must be that nasty ninja outfit. Let me help you off with that , you studly doctor-man! Now.....that's better!

tee-hee!

AT
                        thistledown
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooh, Carson on the moss. So worried for his woobie, Rodney, being attacked by evil Wraithlings!

EEEE!
                          Mice
                          Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

in the continuing trend of "reruns", allow me to post one of my favs

this thread is dangerous. I really ought to buy more pillows!! *rerun alert, but a dang good rerun*

the above made by ellymelly

Comment

From Allies.

Carson was the best lit person in the meeting room.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*waves back* Hi! I like it here, there's always something going on, hot doctor B. is here nearly all of the time and the others drop by often enough too!
                                Yes, who knew an infirmary could be such a great place to hang out? Of course what with the company, I'd think almost any place would be!

Lol, I don't mind the chitter/chatter if it is not in anyway spoilerish, and it is relatively brief, but I also started the Discussion thread and well no one uses it. I just think if you want to talk about the character in a serious way Discussion threads are the place to go...on the Zelenka thread, that was IMO an odd thread to begin with, it was more a Czech appreciation of the character that evolved into a Thunk/Appreciation thread. Most Thunks don't do the appreciation thing.
                                Well after reading the other posts, I actually do think it's better to have a seperate discussion. It does get a little er... heavy in those threads and kinda bogs down the brain that would otherwise be wishing to thunk.

I'm sorry I don't use the discussion thread. The only reason is because if I read anything bad, I get so stressed out! I don't mind reading something brief, but if there's a long discussion it's too much. Actually, I really usually just want to talk a little bit about each ep. after I see it so usually just a little chit chat is enough. I guess as long as that's allowed here I'm ok. If I get a major urge to discuss more, I'll make my way over *nods*.

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Alrighty, thank you much! *THUNK* uh yeah... especially the last one. The eyes man! Shiny, beautiful eyes!
                                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X