Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
    *hugs back*

Exactly. The character dynamics and interactions were spot-on, the storyline flowed along nicely, there was nothing extra or pointless or missing. Aside from ending stupidly [and the piper sucking...but I won't talk about that], Sunday was a pretty perfect episode, as far as I'm concerned.

This whole damn thing still gives me a massive headache, and I'm not even going to start on how Paul must've felt. ¬_¬;
    I haven't seen Sunday in whole. But I still get angry when I read the old threads as I did today. (A bit less, since it's the Anti-S4 thread.) SGA held so much potential and it was all tossed away in a few episodes. And not just that it went downhill in terms of quality under mismanagement and badwriting, and not even bringing back Carson could fix that.

I'm very upsetting.

And while I didn't watch Sunday, I did watch the two subsequent episodes to see if there was any reference to him. There wasn't, but I pull a quote from an older SG magazine in which Torri pretty much summed it up why:

"Oh gosh. That is another thing we talk about," says Higginson. "It is interesting because it is not a character driven show but a plot driven show. I think that is where the writers get frustrated with the actors because we are always up there going "Wait a minute! We just lost one of our guys! Can't it be referenced in the next episode?" Their modus operandi is 'No, this is part of a plot driven show and logistically, we don't know the order of how they will be airing.' I have an issue with that. There was an episode where a new doctor is introduced and I said, 'In this scene, please can I show some sadness? Can there be a beat of that?' And they didn't want to, and I think fans are very loyal to certain characters. I understand where they are coming from but I felt we were missing something, some level of emotion."

Comment

...F|_|ck Mallozzi. I want Torri as showrunner.

Imagine that, someone in 'the biz' who actually understands the fans. Don't the writers get that we don't care about how much plot per season they can pack in?! We care about the CHARACTERS. A show should never, ever be plot-driven. Never. Of course, nor should it drown in bubbles, but you know exactly what I mean.

I'm not sure I've ever felt this depth of anger towards them before. They knew what they were doing wrong, and they were too arrogant to fix it. Rather than, oh, listening to people that juuuuust maybe know the fans better than they do, they just ploughed along because shows aren't made for the fans, oh no. > : (

[/rant]

*breathes*

EDIT: You really should watch Sunday, you know. Carson was rarely more charming. :'( You'll cry. A lot. Elizabeth's speech was quite moving, and the looks on their faces...
      Last edited by Haliyah; 31 March 2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

All I can say is AMEN TO THAT. I never thought that actors could be so in touch with their fanbase while the showrunners are so out of touch. In annoys me how they intend for SGA to be "episodic" when it had so much nonepisodic potential. Do they really expect for you just to move on one episode after and forget Carson or whoever existed because tptb think it's not important!?

On other shows, character deaths set off season-long story arcs. Even if they don't, I've never known a story that has worse follow-up to character death than SGA.

I was also reading something about Beckett and Weir possibly being axed after a focus group research NBC did. Something about those two characters not resonating with the fans.

Comment

I no, rite? That phenomenon must be a sci-fi thing - most of the actors get us because they are us. They're fans, too! Even if they weren't huge fans before they started, all the convention exposure gives them somewhat unique insight, I'd imagine.

I think the shows are being run by Replicators. CHARACTERS ARE IRRELEVANT. *shifty eyes*

It's like they knew three years ahead of time that it was only going to last five seasons - perhaps it was planned that way - and they tried to rush through as many stories as possible before the timer dinged. It would've been much better if they took even a little more time to explore the storylines they already had established.

| : ;

Comment

I bet going to conventions does give the actors more insight about how we feel about things in the show and what people like. But many of them seem to be tv-viewers too, so they know from that as well. Which is why I've been confused at why some of the people in charge don't understand. :/

It's like they knew three years ahead of time that it was only going to last five seasons - perhaps it was planned that way - and they tried to rush through as many stories as possible before the timer dinged. It would've been much better if they took even a little more time to explore the storylines they already had established.
            I don't think it was planned that they had only five seasons to do things, though I think near the end of their run they knew time was limited. If SGA was a limited-run show, things wouldn't seemed so rushed and scattered; they would be mostly planned. SGA just ran on with the hope that they would get renewed for yet another season. I also think they may have panicked when their other favoured show was cancelled. So there it began.

"Submersion" was my last real SGA episode I watched (skipping Sunday). And afterwards, there was really no where to go (with Sunday after The Ark and First Strike after Submersion).

I boycotted the rest of series on principle (doesn't that sound pathetic and self-important), with exceptions toward Carson and Elizabeth episodes (or ones the family turned on). The outcome of "Sunday" was so wrong, so, the line in the sand had been drawn.

Since then, I actually did watch some of S4 and S5 to see how bad it got and actually I watched First Strike. It sucked. Still can't get through Sunday ten minutes before shutting it off.

Comment

I guess it's because TV is what they do. I can imagine that it would be extremely hard to just watch TV and enjoy it without thinking 'I would've done that differently' or 'WTF is that sh1t?!' I know I'm like that with both art and music. Because I do both well, I'm hypercritical of other people's work. It has to be absoeffinglutely perfect for me not to notice the flaws. I think you can see how this would be extremely distracting.

That's the thing, though. If my understanding of the situation is correct, they could've been renewed and chose not to be, which was a stupid, stupid move.

The Wraith Queen in Submersion was really cool. o 3o

Thus the purpose of personal fanon. xD

Yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of First Strike.

I forced myself to watch it until I dulled myself to it enough to stop crying. it took four watches to do, and even then I was settling for just not bawling outright. ;___;

Comment

Reportedly, they don't even watch most of the finished product. And I don't know if they could have been renewed. It seemed Skiffy (err, Siffy) had cancelled them but then showed them some sort of mutual agreement on movies. Or something, because movies are a better deal.

Not that I really cared. When I found out SGA had been cancelled I was kinda, "Huh." And moved on.

First Strike was one of the most boring episodes ever. And overrated. Apparently a decent number of people like it which surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                  Actually, I think they're originally from my stash of caps... Can't really remember. But hey, as far as I recall, TJuk was probably the first one to own this DVD movie co-starring Pauly, which happens to be one of the crappiest, if not THE MOST crappy, movies of all time: "The Final Goal" *shudder*
                  EEK! The film that shall not be mentioned! And yes, it's THAT bad... but kinda hilarious because its THAT bad! Actually, it usually pops up on DVD on ebay all the time, there's a copy there right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-FINAL-GOAL-D...3286.m20.l1116

Oh and FYI: Paul's episode of '24' is ep23 and airs in the US on May 25th. But before that is STAR TREK which comes out May 8th... not long to go!

Comment

What happened to Paul's character Conway (The Final Goal)?

Did he's doomed?

Comment

I need my Pauly fix sooner than May! *whimper*

Regarding Conway's fate: Not doomed to die, but doomed to be branded a coward the rest of his life. As much as he tried to slap the main character around in the shower (seriously, he did), I don't think there's anybody in the movie that couldn't have kicked his butt in a one-on-one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                        I need my Pauly fix sooner than May! *whimper*

Regarding Conway's fate: Not doomed to die, but doomed to be branded a coward the rest of his life. As much as he tried to slap the main character around in the shower (seriously, he did), I don't think there's anybody in the movie that couldn't have kicked his butt in a one-on-one fight.

I am glad to hear.

: whew!

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                          Oh and FYI: Paul's episode of '24' is ep23 and airs in the US on May 25th. But before that is STAR TREK which comes out May 8th... not long to go!
                          Thanks for reminding! I'm really excited about 24 but haven't watched this season. I heard the guy that played Michael is also on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                            For fun:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1..._02_141-tn.jpg

Guys, I am hot Scottish hunk alive on Stargate Atlantis!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1..._02_146-tn.jpg

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smi...ett_new020.gif : I pose so hot and sexy for my thunkers!

Rodney, What Carson's doing on floor?

: I am busy with my twitter!
                            LOL! Brilliant! Great job with captions, and the pics are yum!
                            sigpic

Comment

How about a lovely dinner with Carson...and Elizzabeth.

sigpic

Comment

Nah, he's chaperoning for John and Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X