Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
    What a wonderful summation of the character! I think that's what draws a lot of people to Carson, the simple fact that you know that if he were your friend he'd do anything for you. Though, I think you could say the same about the rest of the characters too. Though, I do think it's different than it is with Beckett. With the rest of the characters, you know they'd do anything for anyone of their friends and/or expedition mates, but beyond that I don't know. Whereas, I think Carson gives off a bit of a different vibe. It's something that I think is really displayed in Beckett's interactions with Michael.

Anyway ... I was just stopping by to admire the caps!
    Thank you for the nice words about my "characterization", cshawzye and Seti. And please do stop by to have a close look at all the heavenly pics, cshawzye; it's medicine for the soul! (Even if the thunking is a bit hard on the body sometimes... )
    Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
    I got to read "The Greater Good" before the ban. Very good story indeed! Beckett and McKay's relationship was well-represented, Ronon and Beckett actually got to interact, whump with a happy ending, so many good bits. I can't wait to read the rest of the fics!
    Ah, very good to hear you like "The Greater Good". But I'm sorry to hear you've been banned from the computer and TV. I can see that you feel like a kid again. I tell you there is no better thing than having your own place and not letting your parents know what you do or don't.

Good luck for all your finals, Seti!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
    I don't know who celebrates Santa Day (besides me), so Happy Santa Day everyone!!!!
    We do of course! Thank you very much, JennyJ!

Everybody have a tremendous Santa Day!

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know who celebrates Santa Day (besides me), so Happy Santa Day everyone!!!!
      From me too! Boldog Mikulást!
      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

OK, Hungarians - what's Santa Day?

Love the caps from Phantoms & The Gift, Twinny!

I love this nice close-up of thunked Carson:

More Paul ...

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
          And please do stop by to have a close look at all the heavenly pics, cshawzye; it's medicine for the soul! (Even if the thunking is a bit hard on the body sometimes... )
          A little hard but it's totally worth it! Those blue eyes, that dimple ... *sigh*

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post

I love this nice close-up of thunked Carson:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ars/Gift16.jpg
          Yay! Love Thunked Carson *stares happily*

I've got a couple of sigs to share. There isn't a spoiler in the bunch but I think I'll put them in spoilers to save a bit of space.
          Spoiler:

The first few were inspired by Emre's new sig and the way the font was done.

The last was just me playing around with a cap from PTW

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

OT
            Spoiler:
            So I 'broke up' with my guy friend that's been giving me so much emotional heartache. Haha. I told him for now I need him to leave me alone so I can deal with getting over him and not keep ending up where I was six months ago. He said he'd try his best to cut out the unnecessary contact and speaking...remember we work together, my best friend's married to his family, and we have a lot of the same friends. I think it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I feel so much better now.

...and to celebrate!!! Yep, that's right, you guessed it! DIRT!

courtesy our good doctor! Haha!
            Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
              I've got a couple of sigs to share. There isn't a spoiler in the bunch but I think I'll put them in spoilers to save a bit of space.
              Spoiler:

The first few were inspired by Emre's new sig and the way the font was done.

The last was just me playing around with a cap from PTW
              Wow, they are beautiful! Thank you for always doing such a great job photoshopping and sharing with us, cshawzye!

You don't know Santa Day or Nikolaus as we call it in Germany?
              When you are a child, you have to brush clean a pair of shoes (okay, usually one shoe is enough, but it looks odd to do only one shoe...) by 5th of December and set it up at your place before the night. Then Santa Clause comes either at night and fills your shoe with sweets if you had been a good girl/boy over the year, or at some point on Dec. 6th Santa Clause shows up personally and looks into his golden book whether you've been nice all year, you may also have to say a poem or sing a christmas song, then you get your sweets, or in fact, if you've been naughty to others, Knecht Ruprecht (Santa Clause's aide) gives you a clap on your behind and you get no sweets.

When Twinchy and I were small, either one of our neighbours or our uncle dressed up as Santa Clause and came to our place to ask whether we've been good, and of course he knew better than believing us when we insisted that we've always been very obedient to our parents...

Spoiler:

P.S.: *hugs leighanners*!
              twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                OK, Hungarians - what's Santa Day?

*sigh*
                *sigh*

Finally, someone asked what that day was. XD

Good signatures, cshawzye. However, the second one has a squished Carson. That's a photoshop no-no. o_o

I hope everything works out well, leighanners. Must be difficult, but the best of luck to you.

I really need to contribute with caps to this thread =O I feel so...spammy.
                ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Ah, very good to hear you like "The Greater Good". But I'm sorry to hear you've been banned from the computer and TV. I can see that you feel like a kid again. I tell you there is no better thing than having your own place and not letting your parents know what you do or don't.

Good luck for all your finals, Seti!
                  Thanks, Twinny! Four finals down, one to go, and all have gone decently so far. (Well, the cell bio one was a bomb, but he drops the lowest test grade, final included, so it won't hurt me any.)

And there's definitely something to be said for the idea of Christmas spirit (or perhaps Santa Day spirit). My mom's partner went out and bought her Christmas tree today (she likes a real tree while my brother and I like our fiber optic-laced one), and that afternoon, she said we could have our computer and TV privileges back again. So now I'm free, both legally and time-wise, to hang out on all my favorite sites again! That place of my own still sounds mighty sweet, though.

Santa Day sounds cool! Do you still celebrate Christmas as well or is that the holiday? I like that Santa may make you work for your candy. lol And Knecht Ruprecht reminds me of what I learned in school about "Father Switch" in France, who supposedly comes to punish you if you've been bad, as his name implies. Interesting how Americans (and some other Europeans, I think?) dropped the idea of Santa's punishing assistant/foil. Instead, we just have it where if you're bad, Santa doesn't come at all, or, traditionally, that he leaves you coal instead of presents. Of course, being a rock hound, I was once thrilled when my aunt brought me a chunk of coal from where her house was being built.

TJ, man, that second pic of Paul is gorgeous. *Sigh* indeed. Where's the drool bucket again?

Seti

Comment

TJ, man, that second pic of Paul is gorgeous. *Sigh* indeed. Where's the drool bucket again?
                    I like this one too ...

A little too much drooling ...I think I need to mop up now!

Comment

Santa Day sounds cool! Do you still celebrate Christmas as well or is that the holiday? I like that Santa may make you work for your candy. lol And Knecht Ruprecht reminds me of what I learned in school about "Father Switch" in France, who supposedly comes to punish you if you've been bad, as his name implies. Interesting how Americans (and some other Europeans, I think?) dropped the idea of Santa's punishing assistant/foil. Instead, we just have it where if you're bad, Santa doesn't come at all, or, traditionally, that he leaves you coal instead of presents. Of course, being a rock hound, I was once thrilled when my aunt brought me a chunk of coal from where her house was being built.
                      I feel deja vu...the earupeans in the S/J ship topic(including me) explained to the americans this Santa day. So, of course we have Christmas, you can say we have two holidays. Well, on Santa day(in hungarian, we call Santa Mikulás, or Télapó(translation can be Father winter)) usually only the children get some candy and fruit in there boots, and Christmas is for bigger presents. And the little ones think that baby Jesus brings the presents on Christmas evening. We celebrate it on the 24th in the evening with a dinner. I heard that americans have lunch on 25th instead, and they also get the presents in the morning. We get the present in the evening. When I was a child, my parents sent me to my room before the dinner, placed the presents under the tree, then called for me and claimed that Jesus was here and brought the presents.
                      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
                        From me too! Boldog Mikulást!
                        True And thanks for the explanation, I was not at home... When I told it to my Australian friend, she was soooo confused about Santa and Xmas...

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
                          I feel deja vu...the earupeans in the S/J ship topic(including me) explained to the americans this Santa day. So, of course we have Christmas, you can say we have two holidays. Well, on Santa day(in hungarian, we call Santa Mikulás, or Télapó(translation can be Father winter)) usually only the children get some candy and fruit in there boots, and Christmas is for bigger presents. And the little ones think that baby Jesus brings the presents on Christmas evening. We celebrate it on the 24th in the evening with a dinner. I heard that americans have lunch on 25th instead, and they also get the presents in the morning. We get the present in the evening. When I was a child, my parents sent me to my room before the dinner, placed the presents under the tree, then called for me and claimed that Jesus was here and brought the presents.
                          Sometimes my mum was so talented about putting the presents under the tree... I still don't understand some cases
                          Do you know what's the worst thing about the whole? We have to work on the 24th!! OK, not everybody, even, more and more people are on holiday then, but the markets are opened until 2pm mostly (like my workplace). So some people get stressed before going home to the family and celebrate... It's so annoying...

Comment

Thanks and the same to you. Although it's over now, lol.

Love the cap lol. *giggles*

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                            OT
                            Spoiler:
                            So I 'broke up' with my guy friend that's been giving me so much emotional heartache. Haha. I told him for now I need him to leave me alone so I can deal with getting over him and not keep ending up where I was six months ago. He said he'd try his best to cut out the unnecessary contact and speaking...remember we work together, my best friend's married to his family, and we have a lot of the same friends. I think it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I feel so much better now.

...and to celebrate!!! Yep, that's right, you guessed it! DIRT!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/187...ate3783mc3.jpg

courtesy our good doctor! Haha!
                            I'm so glad you sorted that out leighanners. I hope everything will be ok from now on. I haven't sorted out my love issues yet, but too hard to explain and I'm not that troubled with it at the moment. If I will be, I know where to run for comfort.

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                            Spoiler:

You don't know Santa Day or Nikolaus as we call it in Germany?
                            When you are a child, you have to brush clean a pair of shoes (okay, usually one shoe is enough, but it looks odd to do only one shoe...) by 5th of December and set it up at your place before the night. Then Santa Clause comes either at night and fills your shoe with sweets if you had been a good girl/boy over the year, or at some point on Dec. 6th Santa Clause shows up personally and looks into his golden book whether you've been nice all year, you may also have to say a poem or sing a christmas song, then you get your sweets, or in fact, if you've been naughty to others, Knecht Ruprecht (Santa Clause's aide) gives you a clap on your behind and you get no sweets.

When Twinchy and I were small, either one of our neighbours or our uncle dressed up as Santa Clause and came to our place to ask whether we've been good, and of course he knew better than believing us when we insisted that we've always been very obedient to our parents...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Intruder1.jpg

P.S.: *hugs leighanners*!
                            We have Nicholaus Day, too. I love this day, the presents are very poor, because it's origin is from the days when people didn't have a lot of money. We usually get nuts and dried fruit or chocolate-shaped Nicholaus figures.
                            And we do celebrate Christmas and new year, too. But we don't get presents from Santa Claus on Christmas, but we get them on New Year's day. And he's not really called Santa Claus and don't ask me how we call him, because I wouldn't know how to translate that lol.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Yes of course we also celebrate Christmas, and it's the way bigger holiday here in Germany. You can't even say we "celebrate" Santa Clause because it's really just getting a few sweets like a bar of chocolate or a Nikolaus shaped chocolate figure; but of course children are very excited for that day to see whether they are rewarded with some sweets or punished for being naughty. All the fuzz is only for small children, for us bigger ones (including the parents) we simply clean our shoes, get a piece of chocolate and have a family breakfast together.

On Christmas Eve there is a whole lot of decorating, preparing the evening meal, going to church, singing songs and really celebrating. You see that Christmas here in Germany also has the quality of the American Thanksgiving concerning family. We get our presents before dinner on Christmas Eve, then on the next two days we go to other parts of the family and also celebrate with them. So we get to attend three to eight parties over these three days of Christmas to see the whole family.

It's good to hear your finals are going well and that your ban has been lifted, Seti. Way to enjoy all the formidable pics and caps!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                                We have Nicholaus Day, too. I love this day, the presents are very poor, because it's origin is from the days when people didn't have a lot of money. We usually get nuts and dried fruit or chocolate-shaped Nicholaus figures.
                                And we do celebrate Christmas and new year, too. But we don't get presents from Santa Claus on Christmas, but we get them on New Year's day. And he's not really called Santa Claus and don't ask me how we call him, because I wouldn't know how to translate that lol.
                                So it seems your traditions are a bit different from ours... That's interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X