Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
    At least you knew someone with an actual Scottish accent! I don't really know anybody personally who is even from Britain, much less Scotland (except for TJuk, of course). I soooooo have got to find me a nice Scottish lad with an awesome singing voice... a voice like Andy M. Stewart's. *dreamy sigh and grin*
    Ahhh, Andy Stewart!

I love it when we get Scottish tourists in my wine tasting room. (I can hold my own with the accent, by the way ... my family is Scottish from way back, and I've been doing the accent for years!) I had some tourists from Edinburgh come in a while ago and I mentioned that I'd been there, as well as Glasgow - they started making fun of the Glasgow accent, and we started going back and forth with the Scottish-isms and we had the whole shop in stitches. It was great! They asked me what I'd been in Glasgow for, and I said,

"Believe it or not, a science fiction convention." The guy didn't even miss a beat, and replied,

"Och, I'm not surprised - I always knew everyone in Glasgow is frae another planet!"

OK, another Paulie pic so it's not too far OT:

Comment

Adding Tj's vote for horses. Thank you! I can't believe the Superbowl was the burning question to ask. "Paul, folks on your thunk thread on GateWorld want to know who are you picking for the Superbowl."

OK I'm gonna flood you with my questions at the end of the list. Spoilered for length.

Spoiler:
      (#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 1 vote

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Who do you want to see in Superbowl 2008?" 2 votes

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Which is more entertaining Canadian or American hockey?" 0 votes

(#15382) DrsChick wants to know: ""Dallas Cowboy fan" is on your official website. You were born in Scotland, raised in Canada, living in L.A. She'd like to know "what/why/HOW??" 1 vote

(#15090) Haliyah wants to know: "How often do you explore the online fandom, if at all?" 0 votes

(#15098) Emily (otherwise known as idlewild) wants to know: "On your website you list horseback riding as one of your special skills. Do you ride much and do you currently or have you owned any horses?" 2 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "Since you've flown a Puddle jumper on Atlantis, she was wondering how does you like flying in real life? Are you scared or OK with it. What was your first flying experience like?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular in high-school?" 0 votes

watcher652 wants to know: "If you could write the perfect role for yourself, other than Carson Beckett, because you're just perfect as him, what would it be?" 1 vote

watcher652 wants to know: "Paul what was the last book you read? What kind of books do you prefer?"

watcher652 wants to know: "Carson had his "wee baby turtles." What kind of pets have you had?

watcher652 wants to know: "What is it about the acting profession that you find the most interesting?"

watcher652 wants to know: "Do you see yourself one day moving away from acting and concentrating more on directing and producing or do you see yourself always as an actor?"
      Last edited by watcher652; 29 August 2007, 04:10 PM.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 1 vote

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Who do you want to see in Superbowl 2008?" 2 votes

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Which is more entertaining Canadian or American hockey?" 0 votes

(#15382) DrsChick wants to know: ""Dallas Cowboy fan" is on your official website. You were born in Scotland, raised in Canada, living in L.A. She'd like to know "what/why/HOW??" 1 vote

(#15090) Haliyah wants to know: "How often do you explore the online fandom, if at all?" 0 votes

(#15098) Emily (otherwise known as idlewild) wants to know: "On your website you list horseback riding as one of your special skills. Do you ride much and do you currently or have you owned any horses?" 2 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "Since you've flown a Puddle jumper on Atlantis, she was wondering how does you like flying in real life? Are you scared or OK with it. What was your first flying experience like?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular in high-school?" 0 votes

watcher652 wants to know: "If you could write the perfect role for yourself, other than Carson Beckett, because you're just perfect as him, what would it be?" 1 vote

watcher652 wants to know: "Paul what was the last book you read? What kind of books do you prefer?"

watcher652 wants to know: "Carson had his "wee baby turtles." What kind of pets have you had?

watcher652 wants to know: "What is it about the acting profession that you find the most interesting?"

watcher652 wants to know: "Do you see yourself one day moving away from acting and concentrating more on directing and producing or do you see yourself always as an actor?" 1 vote

You guys are no longer allowed to write stuff while I'm at school, you're disrupting homework time with Paul's thunkness
        My blog sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beaugarcon View Post
          <snip...>
          You guys are no longer allowed to write stuff while I'm at school, you're disrupting homework time with Paul's thunkness
          We keep it in mind next time, beaugarcon! Just to refresh my memory when that will be, could you post us your schedule...? *hugs*

And a big grouphug for the thread as well
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

I'm in school from 7:15-3:00!! And I don't even get access to a computer to thunk at school! It's horrible!
            My blog sigpic

Comment

Gee, and to think that when I was in school, there was no such thing as internet. There were only 2400 baud modems, Bulletin Board Systems, IRC, old b/w Macintoshs with Sim City and a few naughty "adult oriented" programs popping up now and then, and toward the end of my high school years, America Online with an amazing collection of like 500 or so domains registered. Talk about sufferance without thunkage! I only WISH I could've thunked like this for Paul back in school. But no, I had to make do with browsing and chatting on a BBS or an IRC group dedicated to Star Trek instead. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                Gee, and to think that when I was in school, there was no such thing as internet. There were only 2400 baud modems, Bulletin Board Systems, IRC, old b/w Macintoshs with Sim City and a few naughty "adult oriented" programs popping up now and then, and toward the end of my high school years, America Online with an amazing collection of like 500 or so domains registered. Talk about sufferance without thunkage! I only WISH I could've thunked like this for Paul back in school. But no, I had to make do with browsing and chatting on a BBS or an IRC group dedicated to Star Trek instead. LOL
                Ha, that's nothing! I didn't even know how to switch on a computer when I was in school; (and don't dare tell me that some backwater country like Germany didn't have electricity at that time! ) When I entered my business training, it was do or die because I needed to get along with the computer at work but I didn't for once enter the internet before the year 2000 when I needed to download scripts and papers for my course of studies. Then, last year I ordered my broad band width connection plus flat rate, and that's when surfing became fun!

Just need to add a few pics...

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                  I don't know what seems so different about this cap all of the sudden... But he's looking darn fine in that tac vest, and his expression is priceless. *dreamy sigh* Is it warm in here, or is it me?

Comment

*waves*

Hello fellow Beckett-eers! *hugs* Wow, it's been a busy couple of weeks for me and I've totally missed the gutter!! My cousin got married ... so beautiful. I had to go and get a physical (my 2nd in a month) and I've been running around like mad filling out and sending papers, getting police checks and just generally being busy ... silly immigration policies ... oh well.

*more hugs*

I've tried to go through what I've missed of the thread! But it's a lot! Amazing pictures everyone! Very inspiring. I've snagged a few for icon making ... Hopefully I'll have more of those to share later.

Congrats to everyone who has passed milestones while I was away. *mega hugs* and confetti for you!

Random pic:

love this shirt!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                      Can we vote twice??
                      I really really like my question, but I also really really like this question (being the HUGE football fan that I am *cough*cowboys stink*cough*)
                      Ok...a little trash talk...I can take it. We Cowboys fans sometimes have to endure the most extreme of hate amongst the trash talkers...that's ok...we'll see who's "coughing" when superbowl gets here.
                      PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by DrsChick View Post
                        I vote for the Superbowl question too. I honestly thought "Dallas Cowboy fan" was a mistake (I know it's on his official website) but I was thrown off. The man was born in Scotland, raised in Canada, living in L.A.....would just love to know what/why/HOW??
                        Sqee'd when I 1st read it, sqee'd again when it was confirmed. Odd when my 2 fandoms collide.

Anywho, I had to delurk to vote and thank everyone for their awesome pics of Paul. I'd like one of my own and will definitely have to rectify that next year. MUST. GO. TO. A. CON.

Can somebody please beg him to come to the Dallas con for me?? Pretty please?

Y'all are the best.
                        In answer to the question about how a Canadian can be a Cowboy fan...well I'm from Chicago, and yes I am a Bears fan, but I started watching the Cowboys while I lived in Chicago. Once I moved to Dallas - to me that was the only exciting part about moving here. Now the team is moving to Arlington, TX...makes no sense to call them Dallas Cowboys anymore, but they probably won't change the name.

Trust me when I say anyone can be a fan. A true fan sticks by their team and/or their sport no matter what. I would love it PM got a spot during half time to talk about the game. I think his Scottish/Canadian accent would make listening to the commentary much more interesting.

If Paul does come to Dallas and I do get to meet him...you already know what's we'll be talking about. It will be June and the 2007/08 preseason will be starting that August.
                        PJumper42

Comment

I go out to sleep - and the thread explodes!! lol

I wish Paul could get his own show or something fangirl pleasure is few and far between.

Comment

Hey, someone voted for one of mine! Thanks, beaugarcon!

Spoilered the list for length.

Spoiler:
                            (#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 1 vote

watcher652 wants to know: "Do you see yourself one day moving away from acting and concentrating more on directing and producing or do you see yourself always as an actor?" 1 vote

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

No problem watcher652! I wanna know...I want to be an actor and wanna know if I should keep an eye out for anything h'es producing/directing ^.^;
                              My blog sigpic

Comment

I haven't posted anything today (or have I?) Can't remember...anyway... here are caps for you guys (and me ) to enjoy

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Working...
                                X