No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving those horse pics. I am so lost and need to get caught up here. What's been going on? Oh ya and my Mommie is ok.

~*Willing To March Into Hell For A Heavenly Cause*~
    =<3

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

There you are, Tj. Your very own Carson clone with hair, dimples and smile to swoon and thunk over, and the eyes, the eyes...
      SQUEE!! Thanks, Twinny!

(I have a newbie-ish question for you, though ... how can you tell how many posts you have in a particular thread? )

Originally posted by mokeh68 View Post
      I'll be there, too. But only for Paul on Sunday. Are you meeting up with anyone?
      A bunch of GWers are going out to dinner Friday night. I'm hoping I have my luggage by then. Say hi if you see me on Sunday - I'll be pretty visible in bright red Wallace tartan (with a 9-year-old in tow wearing his "Save Carson" shirt)!

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
        SQUEE!! Thanks, Twinny!

(I have a newbie-ish question for you, though ... how can you tell how many posts you have in a particular thread? )
        There are two possibilities to find out. When in the "Characters and Relationships" folder you have your mouse go over the envelop next to the thread, it shows you via pop-up how many posts you have in that particular thread. Or you can click on the number of replies, then you get a detailed statistic of how many posts every single poster who ever posted in here has achieved in the thread. Your count is 192, mine 462 and HyperCaz is still leading with over 1.400 posts. And when I looked it up, I realized leighanners has now exactly 1.000 posts in here.
        Congrats on gorgeous posts
        in this thread, leighanners!

I've got something special for you for this occasion...

Beckett peekage from 'The Gift'

And now I want to celebrate my own 800th post accordingly!

Thank you all for making my stay here such a joy!

Give me the pleasure of celebrating with you, I even dish out home-made cream-filled Carson pops and champaign for all of age...

If I can still ad some pics, I'll of course won't miss the opportunity to give and take some much-needed Carson-love...

BTW, just yesterday happened to watch the Paul McGillion profile on the season two DVD box, which arrived last weekend. It was a real treat to watch and at the same time really upset me because after all the wonderful and positive things they'd said about PM and CB, how in all good heavens did they get to the conclusion that they could simply dispose of such a fantastic guy and character?!
        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

That's great news, ScottishCandy!!!! I'm so glad your mom is in the clear now. As for what's been going on here? Um, lots of eye-candy of course, some venting about upcoming tests of various sorts, I don't even remember anymore. lol That's probably a sign of a good active week, huh?

All of you lucky little buggers going to the Chicago con, have a wonderful time and make sure Paul sees our love and support! And, as The One Who Must Enjoy Cons Vicariously Through the Lucky Ones, I just would like to beg that you guys bring back pictures, stories, etc. of your fun there! Pretty please?

Oh, off-topic, but I found out one of my old friends on a different sci-fi board who is suffering from bone cancer is no longer responding to treatment. Since this is a thread dedicated to a doctor anyway, would you be kind enough to send some prayers/thoughts/wishes of good health her way? I don't know whether such things help, but if they do I want all the strength possible going to her. Thank you.

Seti

Comment

Beckett peekage from 'The Gift'
            Oh dear... I think that is a bit to much for my poor little brain this late at night *falls out of chair*

BTW, just yesterday happened to watch the Paul McGillion profile on the season two DVD box, which arrived last weekend. It was a real treat to watch and at the same time really upset me because after all the wonderful and positive things they'd said about PM and CB, how in all good heavens did they get to the conclusion that they could simply dispose of such a fantastic guy and character?!
            Oh I know!! Whenever I watch that profile I get so mad when whatshisface is going on about how they hope to have CB on the show for many seasons to come. The dufous head nincompoop.... *sputters*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Congrats to TJ on her 300th post and Twin on her 800th, and to everyone else with a post landmark.
              To all you guys going to Chicago, take lots of pics for the rest of us who don't have the real thing with us

Seti I will remember to keep your friend in my prayers
              On a cheerier note here's Carson doing what doctors do..

*thunk*
              Ouch....I forgot my pillow and helmet. lol
              Last edited by RockyluvsSG; 23 August 2007, 11:24 PM.
              - Are you Crazy?
              - I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans
              Spoiler:

sigpic
              Bring back Ford and Beckett

Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                Oh, off-topic, but I found out one of my old friends on a different sci-fi board who is suffering from bone cancer is no longer responding to treatment. Since this is a thread dedicated to a doctor anyway, would you be kind enough to send some prayers/thoughts/wishes of good health her way? I don't know whether such things help, but if they do I want all the strength possible going to her. Thank you.
                I'm so sorry to hear that, Seti. Twinchy and I will light a candle for her tonight.

And, ehm, Rocky, unfortunately you have a small typo with the pic [/IIMG], therefore we can't see the thunk-worthy pic.
                Nevermind, it's this one

Thanks for the congrats, all!
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Congrats to leighanners for your 1000 post in this thread. Whoa, that's a lot!

And congrats to you twinny for your 800 post

SETII'm so sorry to hear that about your friend. I will pray for her and you can tell her that all the people in this tread are keeping their fingers crossed.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that, Seti. Twinchy and I will light a candle for her tonight.

And, ehm, Rocky, unfortunately you have a small typo with the pic [/IIMG], therefore we can't see the thunk-worthy pic.
                    Nevermind, it's this one

Thanks for the congrats, all!
                    Thanks for the heads up Twin, funny thing is I actually saw and thought I corrected it, pressed "Save" and everything but I guess it didn't go through..weird.
                    " But thankfully I got people like you to make sure the gutter is never deprived of thunkage

Good night everyone, well good morning/ afternoon depending on your location, is it still morning in slovenia Oda?
                    I'm geographically challenged, sorry
                    - Are you Crazy?
                    - I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans
                    Spoiler:

sigpic
                    Bring back Ford and Beckett

Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Hey and congratulations leighanners on your 1000 posts
                      AND
                      Congratulations twinchaosblade on your 800 posts Also great triple thunk me likey
                      AND
                      Congratulations to TJinLOCA for you 300 posts

idlewild you have some beautiful horses, great photos of you show jumping too! You look like you belong on those horses.

Sunday's quotes were really good too. The scenes with Carson in 'Letters from Pegasus' always crack me up. But I also loved Zelenka's account on the rise of Atlantis. That was such a joy to watch him... And his line about the security clearance afterwards was simply classic!
                      Thank! Yea me too, i love that episode because of those moments. oh yea that too was a great scene. Truly a classic

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                      G'night thunkers!! I'm leaving for Chicago in the morning.Got my tickets, got my camera, got my photo op, got my Save Carson T-shirt ... I think I'm all set. Talk to y'all soon!
                      Originally posted by mokeh68 View Post
                      I'll be there, too. But only for Paul on Sunday. Are you meeting up with anyone?
                      You guys are so lucky. Well have a great time and bring back some photos for us all
                      It's great to hear you mum is doing good ScottishCandy

I'm sorry to hear about your friend seti, i will put her in my prayers

Originally posted by twinchaosblade;7030307[/QUOTE/
                      I watched that and i was exactly the same sooo . I remember shouting at the telly "If you liked him so much, then why did you have to go and kill him" And it really bugged me when they were like "lets hope we get to find out more about Carson, his background and all that." How can we when you kill him!!! GGGRRR!

Well im off to get some lunch, bye all

OOHH, a double thunk
                      Last edited by sunday; 24 August 2007, 04:06 AM.
                      sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

Thank you for the kind wishes and prayers for my friend! I'll be sure to mention them in the card I'm sending. I remember reading in Social Psych that such things seem to work most when the person knows they're being prayed for/thought of.

Sounds like that profile on the DVDs is a frustrating (though I'm sure interesting) watch! I've been trying to give the writers something of the benefit of the doubt as far as killing off Carson. In Martin Gero's interview on the Gateworld homepage, he mentioned that they didn't just kill Beckett off on a whim, that some situation demanded they to do it and they weren't happy about it, or something like that. And somebody (Mallozzi?) mentioned that the network loved Paul and the character, so I'm not sure where the pressure was from. I wish I knew more about the inner workings of TV production, though it may just frustrate me more. Just working on campaigns for my cancelled TV shows was troubling enough to see how much business overrules art in these cases.

re: pics -- Aw, love that smile. Nice double thunk and always great to see him doing doctor work.

Seti

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I've not been here in a while...
                          Anyone here going to P3?

Comment

Congrats everyone for the milestones!!!

Comment

Pics

For size
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks for them!!

Comment

Working...
                                X