Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SETI_fan
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, it sucks not being able to apply for two scholarships at the same time.
    I really don't know, what I'll do. I love flying and being a pilot is my dream, but if I don't get that scholarship, i blow my chances getting a scholarship for being a flight engineer (on the ground repairing airplanes) and later on a job in that field.
    I have about a month to decide. I feel like it's going to be a short one.

Thanks for the screencaps, I checked which ones you wanted to post. I had troubles posting them the first time, too. You should upload them first too your photobucket account, or imageshack and then just put the [img] [/ img] and in between put the link for the photos. And use the direct link. I hope I helped.

And about your driving test, I'm sure you're gonna do fine. Just relax, don't be nervous, take a deep breath and just focus on the road.

Last edited by *Oda*; 20 August 2007, 12:58 PM.
    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Guess we all have things to be nervous about. I feel for ya, SETI_fan. Try to relax. I almost failed my driver's test the first time I took it, too, but I managed and so can you. And in a few mins I leave to try on my first set of contact lenses since high school, and I'm freaked-nervous, too. I'd put up a pic-spam too, but photobucket isn't cooperating for me today, either.

EDIT: Och... *eyes water* geeze, these things are gonna take some getting used to.
      Last edited by Jersey13; 20 August 2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Just here for a drive-by post but I hope to return a bit later. Yet maybe I can help with the photobucket picspam hinderence...

And I keep my fingers crossed for you Seti! We've all gone through a similar experience. When I had my test for the motorbike, it was all rainy and when I had to brake to a full stop because a car overlooked me, my bike slipped a bit away and I thought I'd drop the darn thing to the ground and it's all over, but I managed to keep it up and got my license.
        It'll all be fine, you'll see.

Sorry to hear about the tough choice, Oda! I can understand that you feel trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea.
        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Oda and Jersey13! I just can't wait to have this over and be done with it. And good luck with your contact lenses, Jersey! And your scholarship, Oda! Wow, being a flight engineer sounds exciting, especially if you then go on to become a pilot! Best wishes to you both!

Ooh, nice "Poisoning the Well" pictures. He's so cute, especially in that first one. As for posting pictures, that makes sense. Thanks, Oda! Guess I'll be getting myself a Photobucket account!

Seti

Comment

Thanks twinchaosblade for those nice words. And for the lovely pic spam. The first three show exactly how I feel right now. Nad the last one...he's soo cute there. I just wish I could reach in the monitor and hug him...

Jersey13 I'm sure, you're going to get used to contact lenses soon. Just do exactly what they told you and it will be fine in a few days.

SETI_fan yeah, being flight engineer looks like an interesting job, but if it's the pilot you really want to be (like me) it just seems like the deep blue sea, like twinchaosblade said already. I just hope I'll make the right decision.

Last edited by *Oda*; 20 August 2007, 01:32 PM.
            "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

LOL, I must be lucky, I popped in my lenses when I was 12 and never felt anything. Been wearing them ever since. Hope it gets better Jersey.

sigpic
              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

When I wore contacts back in high school, I didn't feel anything then either. But these toric lenses... my prescription is very strong, and it's like I can feel the edges of the lenses beneath my eyelids. It's kinda more difficult to focus close-up now, too. I can only assume it'll just take some time to become accustomed to, but if only I had a sweet Scottish doctor to kiss the discomfort away... *dreamy sigh*

Comment

Photo of Paul at Joe Mallozzi's blog.

Thunk!

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I got toric lenses a year or two, I know how you feel jersey. It should be gone in a little while.

mmm...yummy paul pics, lol.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Very cute pic of Paul from the blog! And are those actual scrubs he's wearing? I don't think he's ever worn scrubs on Atlantis. Makes him look even more medical.

And that on top of a slew of beautiful pictures from you guys. *happy sigh* Twinchaosblade, those first two just make me want to hug him and tell him it'll be okay. And I've gotta start tracking down these other shows he's been in.

Thank you all for the wishes of luck for the driving test! Twin, yours sounds like it was nerve-wracking! Good job passing it! Oda, I hope you get to live your dream as a pilot! Toric and Penguin, sorry to hear about your contacts trouble. That sounds annoying! Definitely should send the good doctor your way too.

Have a good night everyone!

Seti

Comment

Wow! What a drool-worthy pic on Joe's blog! It's strange, though... something seems different about him somehow. Think maybe it's 'cause he's not sporting his usual noon-o'clock shadow in that pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                          Wow! What a drool-worthy pic on Joe's blog! It's strange, though... something seems different about him somehow. Think maybe it's 'cause he's not sporting his usual noon-o'clock shadow in that pic?
                          I think the direct sunlight is making his hair look a different shade, too ... reddish highlights!

In any case, he looks fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            Photo of Paul at Joe Mallozzi's blog.

Thunk!
                            Lovely picture! *thunk*

Now... what I wanna know, is what in the heck is that guy in the background is looking at??

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Hey Seti, I'm taking my driver's test tomorrow...I'm so freaked out, I don't know how to parallel park very well

Pretty pictures!! I'm so thankful he's famous so I can just Google his name and get pages and pages of his picture *dreamy sigh*
                              My blog sigpic

Comment

Good luck to you too, beaugarcon! I've been drilling on parallel parking for a while now (in three different cars, which isn't helping!), so I think I've got it down enough to do it tomorrow. My mom swears in all her years of driving, she's never had to do it except for her test. Figures, huh? I really hope your test goes well for you!

It's strange, though... something seems different about him somehow. Think maybe it's 'cause he's not sporting his usual noon-o'clock shadow in that pic?
                                I've been getting this weird suspicion based on that picture that we might be getting some flashback action in that episode. Maybe a young Dr. Beckett in an Earth hospital first discovering the ATA gene and being approached by the Air Force?

And yeah, I'm now dying to know what that background guy is reacting to! lol

Seti

Comment

Working...
                                X