No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, basically we know nothing. Of course, they could have just changed their minds and disowned the bio. Whatever, if sure opens his backstory up for anything. Makes speculating a lot harder.
    sigpic

Comment

I scanned Mallozzi’s blog. (Hard to read through food and dogs, so I usually only look at the pictures for ones of Joe Flanigan, I let someone else sift out the spoilers) and found this tidbit: going to try the spoiler thing now
      Spoiler:
      Sheppard’s ex-wife is going to appear in the backstory episode

Spoiler:
      That lends itself to speculation. If Sheppard goes back to Earth for some reason from his past, he had to be found somehow. That can’t be easy. Did someone go to this person to try to find him, and this person asks someone in the Air Force and eventually they get to the SGC. Not much, but interesting to work backwards from his needing to be found.

I was also thinking that Sheppard’s backstory doesn’t have to be based in reality. The SGC isn’t real. Consider what an Air Force Officer gets into there. So postulate an Air Force organization that Sheppard was part of that that had all kinds of equipment, provided all kinds of training and did something super secret.
      QED

This is fun.
      Last edited by blue-skyz; 09 August 2007, 08:39 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Without more information, there is just no way to know.
        Spoiler:
        The Air Force certainly knows where he is and all about his background. So if there was a death in the family or an issue somehow, they would know how to find him. His past would be vetted so they would know who the ex-wife is and probably where to find her.

It is interesting that the ex will make an appearance. Is the divorce what makes him so isolated or is it the result? What about her is necessary to the story? Is she caring for his estranged, terminally ill mother? Is she in the military, newly stationed to the SGC and sees him when he comes through the gate? Does she have some dirt on him and wants to blackmail him? Just not enough info yet.

BTW - this thread is not labelled for spoilers so be sure to use spoiler tags on any S4 news/speculation (S3 too since it hasn't been shown in syndication yet).
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
          I scanned Mallozzi’s blog. (Hard to read through food and dogs, so I usually only look at the pictures for ones of Joe Flanigan, I let someone else sift out the spoilers) and found this tidbit: going to try the spoiler thing now
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          That lends itself to speculation. If Sheppard goes back to Earth for some reason from his past, he had to be found somehow. That can’t be easy. Did someone go to this person to try to find him, and this person asks someone in the Air Force and eventually they get to the SGC. Not much, but interesting to work backwards from his needing to be found.

I was also thinking that Sheppard’s backstory doesn’t have to be based in reality. The SGC isn’t real. Consider what an Air Force Officer gets into there. So postulate an Air Force organization that Sheppard was part of that that had all kinds of equipment, provided all kinds of training and did something super secret.
          QED

This is fun.
          As mentioned in another thread...i'm really really disappointed they are going to waste precious story on the
          Spoiler:
          ex. Divorce is so common and the storylines with it, so cliche, that anyway they spin it, I'm going to yawn (and maybe puke).

I was looking forward to this backstory ep. Not so much anymore.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            I know that some people aren't, but...
            Spoiler:
            I'm kinda looking forward to meeting Shep's ex. It'll be interesting to see how much his four years in Atlantis have changed him. I think that it'll be neat to perhaps hear what Shep was like pre-Atlantis. There's a story behind his divorce, methinks, and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

QED

This is fun.
            I dunno, I guess I'm just one of those people that likes things to be somewhat plausible. Little factual errors like that disturb me. I'm anal like that

I still think that Shep transfered from another branch because that makes the most sense to me, but I could also live with him being part of some special program where he got to fly aircraft not normally used by the AF. That's just my personal opinion and if you disagree with me, that's cool.
            click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
              As mentioned in another thread...i'm really really disappointed they are going to waste precious story on the
              Spoiler:
              ex. Divorce is so common and the storylines with it, so cliche, that anyway they spin it, I'm going to yawn (and maybe puke).

I was looking forward to this backstory ep. Not so much anymore.
              Spoiler:

I am looking forward to seeing how he interacts with his ex. I think that would give us great clues in how we see Shep w/ other women. Is Outcast before we get introduced to Larrin? And if I am right, that's suppose to be a new love interest right?
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                Spoiler:

I am looking forward to seeing how he interacts with his ex. I think that would give us great clues in how we see Shep w/ other women. Is Outcast before we get introduced to Larrin? And if I am right, that's suppose to be a new love interest right?
                We'll get introduced to Larrin before Outcast.
                Spoiler:
                As for the love interest with Larrin, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be one. For me though, hopefully not. I think they may tension between the two, which would be fine and fun to watch.
                sigpic

Comment

We'll get introduced to Larrin before Outcast.
                  Spoiler:
                  As for the love interest with Larrin, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be one. For me though, hopefully not. I think they may tension between the two, which would be fine and fun to watch.
                  I agree
                  Spoiler:
                  SG world is not suppose to have romance - just hints. I am a sparky shipper, but other things are nixing my shippiness at the moment. I enjoy banter & flirting, so this might be good
                  sig made by me

Comment

I think that between Shep and
                    Spoiler:
                    Larrin we'll get only a some flirting and banter (since that's what he does best). I don't see her as a new romance. Maybe only some UST, but that's it.
                    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                    Sig and avi by me
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                      I think that between Shep and
                      Spoiler:
                      Larrin we'll get only a some flirting and banter (since that's what he does best). I don't see her as a new romance. Maybe only some UST, but that's it.
                      Spoiler:
                      Perhaps, except that JF called Larrin a love interest for Sheppard.... Unfortunately I cannot locate the interview in which he said it.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Here's the interview link and excerpt talking about this:

Spoiler:
                        Figures.com: What would you like fans to know about Atlantis and your part in it?

JF: Well, the next season begins in September, so definitely watch it. There are lots of new things going on. There’s a new love interest, a new sexy woman played by Jill Wagner. Also Tayla is pregnant, which is… less fun. New twists are coming, including old enemies coming back. You’ll see Michael and more of the wraith.

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...w_article=1662

What you have to bear in mind here, is that
                        Spoiler:
                        love interest probably just means a little flirting and nothing more. They're attracted to each other but have a fiery relationship, I think.

I don't have a problem with it, personally. Shep's a single guy etc... As long as it's not
                        Spoiler:
                        wedding bells and babies, I'm ok with it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Spoiler:
                          Figures.com: What would you like fans to know about Atlantis and your part in it?

JF: Well, the next season begins in September, so definitely watch it. There are lots of new things going on. There’s a new love interest, a new sexy woman played by Jill Wagner. Also Tayla is pregnant, which is… less fun. New twists are coming, including old enemies coming back. You’ll see Michael and more of the wraith.

Spoiler:
                          love interest probably just means a little flirting and nothing more. They're attracted to each other but have a fiery relationship, I think.

I don't have a problem with it, personally. Shep's a single guy etc... As long as it's not
                          Spoiler:
                          Thank you! That was driving me nuts.
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree on your take on how far it could go. I found it interesting that he would describe it that way.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            Thank you! That was driving me nuts.
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree on your take on how far it could go. I found it interesting that he would describe it that way.
                            I can't say I was surprised! After all when Joe was asked what he ultimately would like for Sheppard in an interview waaaay back, I remember him muttering something about
                            Spoiler:
                            'hot alien priestesses' Oh, and him making peace with the Air Force! I just love that man!
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I can't say I was surprised! After all when Joe was asked what he ultimately would like for Sheppard in an interview waaaay back, I remember him muttering something about
                              Spoiler:
                              'hot alien priestesses' Oh, and him making peace with the Air Force! I just love that man!

how the hell do I miss all this stuff??? Interesting....very interesting.

Hell, why can't Sheppy get a little action now and then?

Seriously, I agree, keep the mushy stuff out of the equation.
                              sigpic

Comment

how the hell do I miss all this stuff??? Interesting....very interesting.

Hell, why can't Sheppy get a little action now and then?

Seriously, I agree, keep the mushy stuff out of the equation.
                                100% agree - I am all for UST.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X