John Sheppard Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek
    Ok Gigs, just got done reading it. I must say you make some very interesting observations, but why didn't you comment on
    Spoiler:
    Sheppy not wearing his black wristband at dinner? He had the little one, but I did not see the big black one we are all accustomed too. what's up with that???
    Spoiler:

I noticed that it wasn't there at dinner. But it made sense to me that it wasn't. I know they weren't exactly dressed formal, but it's a big old terrycloth sweatband, lol.

I could see Shep being turned off by Weir's self loathing. Shep doesn't seem the type of person to want to hang around the brooding for too long. He's so of the 'stay positive now' mentality.
    I can't fault her for missing the job, but he was right: she probably had all kinds of offers, and far more choices than he did. For instance, if he wanted a hope in hell of going back to Pegasus, he had to stay in the military. I'm betting he was damn glad to be at the SGC (despite the fact that he was stuck herding goobers), because if they sent him somewhere else, his chances of getting back in the program probably would have become nonexistent.

I also was taken by your comment about the scene between Weir and Sheppy in Weir's quarters. When I first saw it (and the next several viewings) I thought Weir was a real arse, but could never figure out why I thought that. After reading your view point on it, I say i gound my answer and I agree with you. It was Shep having to listen to Weir 'whine' about not being able to top Atlantis while Sheppy was left to ponder if he really would have anything/anyplace worthwhile to go back too. I'm so glad he got a little 'lippy' and knocked Weir down a bit. She deserved it and Sheppy didn't need that kind of crap.
    It struck me as a very selfish thing for her to say, and I think if she would have thought real hard about it first, she wouldn't have said it at all. Especially to Shep, because if she's been paying any attention whatsoever, she'd know that he was losing a hell of a lot more than she was.

Not dissing the character, mind. I thought it was an interesting way to play things, and I can certainly sympathize.

Who says you can't learn from these Weekly Geekly's.
    Yay! I'm educational!

Comment

Originally posted by Gigajules
      It's too long, it's not dial-up friendly, and it's probably not all that funny! It's the Weekly Geekly!

Ginormous spoilers for "The Return Pt. One."
      That was great....I loved your explanation as to why Shep
      Spoiler:
      walked over the bed!

That scene made me laugh!!

Comment

It's too long, it's not dial-up friendly, and it's probably not all that funny! It's the Weekly Geekly!

Wonderful! Thanks so much!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          Your English is excellent!
          You forgot to put spoiler tags on your posts though. You may not know this as you are a new poster, but new episode information or discussion needs to be put behind spoiler tags, as quite a few posters have yet to see any of season 3. If you don't know how to do this, I'll try and explain!
          Before the text that needs to be hidden you type in [spoiler] you then write your text. When you've finished your text you write exactly the same again, [spoiler], but you put a / before the word 'spoiler'. Hope that helps!
          Hi, Linzi,

Thanks for the tips. I'll follow them.

Comment

Hah! Snorting out my drink just at this bit:

let's just take a pause to consider the images that brings up…and we're back
            Wuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
              Hah! Snorting out my drink just at this bit:

let's just take a pause to consider the images that brings up…and we're back
              It's a miracle the.........wasn't longer. I've got a real vivid imagination.

And thank you very much to everyone who read and commented about the Weekly Geekly. It's good to know sometimes that I'm entertaining someone besides myself.

Comment

Gigajules, I made the mistake of looking at the Weekly Geekly while at my work desk. The second time I burst into laughter, I had to close my office door. By the time I got to the "oh no you didn't" images, my cheeks were so full of laughter I couldn't stop myself. I'm pretty sure everyone was listening at my door and wondering what was going on. Thanks! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman
                  Gigajules, I made the mistake of looking at the Weekly Geekly while at my work desk. The second time I burst into laughter, I had to close my office door. By the time I got to the "oh no you didn't" images, my cheeks were so full of laughter I couldn't stop myself. I'm pretty sure everyone was listening at my door and wondering what was going on. Thanks! Great job!
                  Whoo hoo! I caused work gigglage!

Comment

Whoo hoo! I caused work gigglage!
                    your weekly geekly's always cause gigglage GIGAJULES!!! theyre great!!! i always LOL at them!! look forward to your next one..hint hint ...hehehe

i dont think ive said so ill just mention that common ground, as many of you have mentioned, is a brilliant episode that reaffirms to me why i love the character of sheppard so much!
                    Apart from the fact that he is very pretty LOL...his character has a lot of depth!! of course season 3 has had some great shep moments...and his character gets more compelling with each episode that passes!!! ok so im biased LOL but its true..shep is great...i look forward to the second half of the season to see what other intriguing shep stuff we get!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

About the Weekly Geekly....

"Oh John, you're so butch!"

HA! Butch. I love that word.

And thanks for pointing out that they're wearing their colors at dinner. I hadn't realized it even though its completely obvious. Actually, as funny as the weekly geekly is, it picks up on alot of things that I miss during an epi. It's like listening to a podcast commentary while watching the show, it enhances the experience. Plus it makes me want to see how I can fit the word butch in a sentence today.
                      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                        About the Weekly Geekly....

And thanks for pointing out that they're wearing their colors at dinner. I hadn't realized it even though its completely obvious.

I noticed that right away during the show!!! Woohoo! I think like the Weekly Geekly!
                        sigpic
                        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                          Oh yes...I agree with this! We really haven't learnt any more about his
                          Spoiler:
                          history in particular, but we have discovered more about John as a person. They are beginning to show the chinks in that barrier he has put up around himself! We're beginning to see how he feels about his team...and little bits of emotion are starting to show through to....even tho' it seems Shep finds it hard to express.
                          It's a joy to see...and I hope we'll get more and more as the show continues!

I used to wonder if there *was* a barrier around Sheppard. However, it's moot now. Season three
                          Spoiler:
                          has introduced Sheppard with said chinks, through which shine these interesting moments of expression. "I have a life and I'm getting back to it" was such a telling line that I was taken aback. I was coming from a season one marathon and that was not season one Sheppard. I'm very interested in seeing what's next. If we can't have the backstory we want, at least we're getting these nice layers.

Gigajules, I have to agree with Ra-hanna:
                          Actually, as funny as the weekly geekly is, it picks up on alot of things that I miss during an epi. It's like listening to a podcast commentary while watching the show, it enhances the experience.
                          That's it in a nutshell.

Comment

I used to wonder if there *was* a barrier around Sheppard. However, it's moot now. Season three
                            Spoiler:
                            has introduced Sheppard with said chinks, through which shine these interesting moments of expression. "I have a life and I'm getting back to it" was such a telling line that I was taken aback. I was coming from a season one marathon and that was not season one Sheppard. I'm very interested in seeing what's next. If we can't have the backstory we want, at least we're getting these nice layers.

That's it in a nutshell.
                            From which episode that line you quoted came from? I don"t remember it from the transcripts I"ve read for the first half of season 3...

EDIT: Just to put all on the same post.

Kudos to the weekly geekly, Gigajules. It only gets better and better as episodes go by.

I also agree with what you said, E_C. Shep really seems to have changed. It"s like he finally got to sort out his true feelings out of the mess. His confusion created the so called barrier that is now breaking down as it vanishes. Just a thought...
                            Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 07 October 2006, 11:19 AM.
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

That's it in a nutshell.
                              I agree there's a marked difference between Sheppard in S1 and S3. It's wonderful to see his character becoming more three dimensional. There have been some wonderful character moments throughout S2, but a lot of that was due to JF's acting and facial expressions, the way he's interpreted his character, rather than it being expressly written for him. It's great to see the writers developing his character too.
                              Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
                              From which episode that line you quoted came from? I don"t remember it from the transcripts I"ve read for the first half of season 3...
                              It's a line from Common Ground.

Also - I'll chime in with kudos to Gigajules for the Weekly Geekly. Both funny and insightful, without fail.
                              sigpic
                              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                                That was great....I loved your explanation as to why Shep
                                Spoiler:
                                walked over the bed!

That scene made me laugh!!

Even the most littlest of all things that he does are just like what we maybe would do. (matter of personality that is)
                                Last edited by Candy; 28 October 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X