Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
    The part with the ending seeming abrupt... I don't get that. I thought it ended on a good note, there really wasn't anything to put after it. The VERY end of the song, like the last second, was cut off in editing, but I didn't bother fixing it cause it was just the song fading out, there were no clips after that scene from "Brain Storm."
    If I may throw in my 2 cents, I'd would note that vidding is an artform, and its perception has a large subjective element to it, like all art. Although I generally agree with Daryst's view on these things (Hi Daryst! ) I personally found your ending to be one of the strongest parts of the vid, and I liked it very much. It gave the vid punch and gave affirmation to the McKeller pairing. It left the viewer with a very strong sense of "rightness" to McKeller (as it should be! ).

More (spoilered for spoilers for the vid and Brainstorm) . . .
    Spoiler:
    The nature of the song Collide is that it has this really, Really, REALLY long coda at the end which repeats and repeats with the singer doing all the "do do do-do, do do do-do's" and the "I finally find you and I collide" bits. I thought you really nailed the feel of the song by repeating the element of a Rodney and Jenn kiss/touch on each word "collide" and then ending on the final song note with a final Rodney/Jenn close-up kiss with a moderate fast fade to black, matching the fade out speed of the music. I think think that approach really matched the staccato feel of the "do do do-do" bits.

I definitely would not change the ending at all. To me, it was very effective and satisfying just as it is. I think that when a vidder can match the character of the selected scenes and the editing to the character of the song (happy, moody, staccato, flowing, whatever) is when we create the very best vids that really work. For example, a different approach would probably have been required for Howie Day's other versions of Collide, which do not use the "do do do-do's" and are much more draggy in feel.

As to themes . . . you can do more lovely-love vids anytime you want - I'll watch 'em! The point in fandom, as always, is to do what you enjoy!

Comment

I think all Daryst was saying is that the music doesn't fade out, not that the scene choice/moment is an awkward place to end.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

About what you said earlier, KK, I also think Infection looks like a real winner.

We have the team back together, Todd (which is never a bad thing), and canon McKeller to look forward to.

All in all, we can't lose.
        sigpic

Comment

Seriously that whole canon thing is just soooo exciting for me! As long as they don't futz with it now that they've given it to us... like the whole Gil/Sara Csi ship.... Totally futz'd.... I don't know, this ship just seems very "You completely me..." which is sooo perfect..... No bad meddling....
          Hopefully they'll let us live in our happy shippy canon world with those two thoug--

Oooh look there's the shiney christmas siggies again!
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
            Oooh look there's the shiney christmas siggies again!
            I know. Pretty!

I love Christmas!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
              I know. Pretty!

I love Christmas!
              I must admit to being totally enthralled by the consumer aspect of it. Mall Santa Clauses and carols playing in elevators, etc.
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                I must admit to being totally enthralled by the consumer aspect of it. Mall Santa Clauses and carols playing in elevators, etc.
                They're just funny.

The Eaton Centre (it's just a mall downtown) here in Toronto has this huge Swarovski Christmas...sorry....Holiday tree up every year. And I mean huge. The thing is like 20 feet tall.

Granted, the political correctness is beginning to tick me off because no matter how often they say it, I'm sorry, but only Christmas has the gaudily decorated tree as it's symbol. But watching people scramble about for the "perfect" gift is highly amusing.
                sigpic

Comment

Granted, the political correctness is beginning to tick me off because no matter how often they say it, I'm sorry, but only Christmas has the gaudily decorated tree as it's symbol. But watching people scramble about for the "perfect" gift
                  And never once getting it.

On a completely unrelated McKeller note, it occurred to me a minute ago that in BS, when Jennifer says "you saved me," Rodney says: "I guess that makes us even." Not so fast, Mr. McKay! Are you forgetting the incredible rope rescue? You're still leading 2-1.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

On a completely unrelated McKeller note, it occurred to me a minute ago that in BS, when Jennifer says "you saved me," Rodney says: "I guess that makes us even." Not so fast, Mr. McKay! Are you forgetting the incredible rope rescue? You're still leading 2-1.
                    Maybe there was some other daring rescue she engineered? Hmmmm....interesting....
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe there was some other daring rescue she engineered? Hmmmm....interesting....
                      A mob of adoring girls most likely descended on him at a Chippewa Falls supermarket, necessitating a jealous declaration/save.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

A mob of adoring girls most likely descended on him at a Chippewa Falls supermarket, necessitating a jealous declaration/save.
                        Was he chased throughout the produce department? Did she repel the horde with oranges and cabbage?

Was there raw meat involved?

Were they cornered in the cereal aisle, forced to climb the shelves, and clamber through the air vents to safety?
                        sigpic

Comment

And never once getting it.

Maybe he's referring to season 4 episode 4 where that creature is killing people with their own nightmares? I think she was able to save his life by using the defibrillator to get the creature to jump from him to Sheppard before it could finish him off.

But that could be a stretch.

Comment

Was he chased throughout the produce department? Did she repel the horde with oranges and cabbage?

Was there raw meat involved?

Were they cornered in the cereal aisle, forced to climb the shelves, and clamber through the air vents to safety?
                            She was forced to beat them back with her extra-large ShamWow!, I believe. Then they did indeed escape to safety through the air vents. Only problem, of course, is that Rodney is claustrophobic! Naturally, this necessitated further action from Jennifer.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

She was forced to beat them back with her extra-large ShamWow!, I believe.
                              Water on my computer screen....thanks for that...

Then they did indeed escape to safety through the air vents. Only problem, of course, is that Rodney is claustrophobic! Naturally, this necessitated further action from Jennifer.
                              AHA! She distracted him from his anxious state with...well...womanly wiles.

:: sits on the edge of her seat ::

What happens next?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sorne View Post
                                Maybe he's referring to season 4 episode 4 where that creature is killing people with their own nightmares? I think she was able to save his life by using the defibrillator to get the creature to jump from him to Sheppard before it could finish him off.

But that could be a stretch.
                                Doubtful. I think that was more a Sheppard-saves-the-day episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X