Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Is it wrong that I couldn't possibly care less if people think there's too much McKeller? I want no subtlety whatsoever. I hope it absolutely dominates the rest of the season.
    Wrong? Why would it be wrong? That's silly and anyone who says otherwise is also silly.

The thing for me is whether it's done well anyway, not the quantity. The triangle in "Tracker" and "First Contact" left something to be desired. But everything else has been excellent.
    That's the thing, though. The triangle (at least the way I saw it) was really only in existence in those two episodes. Prior to that, it was all McKeller. Sorry to say it folks of the Deller fan club (feel free to jump in if anyone is reading this) but all on-screen interaction were McKeller up to that point. If TPTB had been so very serious about a very real triangle then The Seed would have been a perfect time to show some emotion on the part of Ronon. Instead, we got Rodney; he went to talk to her while she was in isolation, we saw Rodney's reaction when she was left all alone, Rodney was the one bugging Carson about finding a cure.

The in TLT Jennifer turns Ronon down. 3 episodes. That's all we saw of that triangle and aside from those three episodes and Quarantine, there was nothing written into the show (like there was for McKeller) to make us believe that Ronon truly harboured feelings for her.

That's why I say I don't like how that triangle was written. It was sudden, it was inexplicable, and it had no basis in anything.

EDIT: Holy....! It's snowing harder! It's like the end of the world or something. October! And it's freaking snowing!
    sigpic

Comment

Is it wrong that I couldn't possibly care less if people think there's too much McKeller? I want no subtlety whatsoever. I hope it absolutely dominates the rest of the season.

The thing for me is whether it's done well anyway, not the quantity. The triangle in "Tracker" and "First Contact" left something to be desired. But everything else has been excellent.

Here on GW, as far as I'm concerned, you can have or hope for whatever your heart desires... such is the beauty of this place!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

EDIT: Holy....! It's snowing harder! It's like the end of the world or something. October! And it's freaking snowing!
        Snowing? Where in Canada are you? Cause it's not snowing here!!! (Gatineau/ottawa)

Comment

Oh please don't say that word... it's probably heading my way and my daughter has a soccer tournament tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
            Snowing? Where in Canada are you? Cause it's not snowing here!!! (Gatineau/ottawa)

I'm just across the river from you, Atlantisk, and it's cold and wet but no **** so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
              I'm just across the river, Atlantisk, and it's cold and wet but no **** so far!!
              OT:
              Spoiler:
              Yeah, it's cold here too, we got lots of rain, but no snow... yet... I don't want snow in OCTOBER!!

Comment

Just north of Toronto. It started with gusting winds and rain this morning and now it's snow. And it's been snowing for a good 2 hours now. This! Sucks!
                sigpic

Comment

That's the thing, though. The triangle (at least the way I saw it) was really only in existence in those two episodes. Prior to that, it was all McKeller. Sorry to say it folks of the Deller fan club (feel free to jump in if anyone is reading this) but all on-screen interaction were McKeller up to that point. If TPTB had been so very serious about a very real triangle then The Seed would have been a perfect time to show some emotion on the part of Ronon. Instead, we got Rodney; he went to talk to her while she was in isolation, we saw Rodney's reaction when she was left all alone, Rodney was the one bugging Carson about finding a cure.

The in TLT Jennifer turns Ronon down. 3 episodes. That's all we saw of that triangle and aside from those three episodes and Quarantine, there was nothing written into the show (like there was for McKeller) to make us believe that Ronon truly harboured feelings for her.

That's why I say I don't like how that triangle was written. It was sudden, it was inexplicable, and it had no basis in anything.
                  Oh, I agree. It was totally out of nowhere, after they'd ignored each other for a year. The Ronon/Keller people obviously have a different take on this, but I think McKeller and the lack of foundation for Ronon/Keller can be summed up in two episodes:

"The Shrine," where Jennifer frets over Rodney the entire episode when he's gravely ill, is extremely affectionate, and gets an admission of love from him, which she watches repeatedly.

"Broken Ties," where Jennifer treats Ronon as if he were any other patient, with the competent, but detached behavior a doctor exhibits with anyone he or she treats. She never looks worried or troubled. In fact, the only shippy moment in that episode was a McKeller moment.

I never mean to offend the Ronon/Keller fans. But it's my opinion that the characters'/actors' chemistry is really, really bad, and there was no foundation for a triangle to crop up.
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I never saw Ronon/ Jennifer as well, and since I really don't like "Quarantine" I didn't care about that scene there as well. This Triangle just wasn't there and its good that it was Jennifer who let Ronon down. But re really didn't fight too much for her (or just the wrong way).
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Oh, I agree. It was totally out of nowhere, after they'd ignored each other for a year. The Ronon/Keller people obviously have a different take on this, but I think McKeller and the lack of foundation for Ronon/Keller can be summed up in two episodes:

"The Shrine," where Jennifer frets over Rodney the entire episode when he's gravely ill, is extremely affectionate, and gets an admission of love from him, which she watches repeatedly.

"Broken Ties," where Jennifer treats Ronon as if he were any other patient, with the competent, but detached behavior a doctor exhibits with anyone he or she treats. She never looks worried or troubled. In fact, the only shippy moment in that episode was a McKeller moment.
                      And I'll always see The Seed as a perfect example of that too. The tables were turned, Jennifer needed the care and comfort she normally gives out and who does she get it from? Rodney. The "mean" guy. The "jerk". The one who's not supposed to care (according to some). Rodney notices that she's dead tired and comments on it. Rodney's the one looking all proud of her when the serum for Carson works. That whole episode was abso-freakin'-lutely riddled with examples of Rodney being different than his "usual" self for Jennifer. And Ronon does what? Well, he does typical Ronon stuff; offers to do the physical work.

I mean, everyone should play to their strengths, but if TPTB meant him to have some feelings for her then we could have gotten a look, a concerned comment, something. Anything! But we got nothing.

I never mean to offend the Ronon/Keller fans. But it's my opinion that the characters'/actors' chemistry is really, really bad, and there was no foundation for a triangle to crop up.
                      I totally, totally agree.

Holy geez. The snow is not letting up. It's actually sticking to the ground now. This is like something out of a horror movie. Make it stop!

And yes, you all will be getting minutely reports on the state of the weather in my neck of the woods. It is that big of a deal.
                      sigpic

Comment

To all those who thought Pandora was on crack and dreaming, I give you......drum roll please.... THE SNOW!

It's attacked the front garden!
                        Spoiler:

Not my Japanese Maple and my Hydrangeas! NOOOOOOO!

Spoiler:

Possibly the only living being actually enjoying THE SNOW...

Spoiler:

If you don't hear from me after today, then know that THE SNOW probably swallowed Toronto. Send in reinforcements!

And you all thought I was joking....HA! Would I joke about that?!

P.S. It's still snowing...
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I suggested it, so here is my take on the Pic...

Watch out guys who don't want to be spoiled...

Spoiler:

Something went wrong with my heart shape between Amelia and Ronon... oops!

EDIT: *Throws PB a snow plow* There ya go!

Comment

To all those who thought Pandora was on crack and dreaming, I give you......drum roll please.... THE SNOW!

It's attacked the front garden!
                            Spoiler:

Not my Japanese Maple and my Hydrangeas! NOOOOOOO!

Spoiler:

Possibly the only living being actually enjoying THE SNOW...

Spoiler:

If you don't hear from me after today, then know that THE SNOW probably swallowed Toronto. Send in reinforcements!

And you all thought I was joking....HA! Would I joke about that?!

P.S. It's still snowing...
                            oeh its a lovely night sky here. no wind. nice temp sky full of stars. no moon though.

its is funny to see that you posted that this night and to see that it is day time there well it is nearing midnight here ... unless you made those earlier...

and why is it that in many sam/daniel fics, the writer portraits mckay as annoying.... seriously he is over Sam.... geez. Thought people knew about it by now.

Local forecast of the city where I live

Spoiler:
                            Clear
                            45°F

Feels like: 41°F

Barometer: 30 in rising
                            Dewpoint: 39°
                            Humidity: 81%
                            Visibility: 6 miles
                            Wind: 7 mph SW
                            Sunrise: 8:18 AM
                            Sunset: 6:31 PM
                            UV Index: 0 Low

Observed at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
                            All times shown are local to Alkmaar.
                            Last edited by Daryst; 21 October 2008, 01:14 PM.

Mckeller music videos and Captation Archive
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Daryst View Post
                              and why is it that in many sam/daniel fics, the writer portraits mckay as annoying.... seriously he is over Sam.... geez. Thought people knew about it by now.
                              I've actually noticed that too. I always sort of liked the idea of Sam/Daniel, but have been turned off by the fan fiction of some S/D authors, for the portrayal of McKay as a delusional stalker whose only gratification is making detailed sexual come-ons.
                              Theoretically spoilerish:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Ohh! PB! what a cute dog!!! Ugg, look at that snow, (Normally, I LOVE SNOW' but ukkk October?)

Comment

Working...
                                X