Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
    Yes, I can imagine McKay seeing some Ronon/Jenn that maybe isn't really there, and then thinking jenn has chosen Ronon. I don't know though if he'd fight for Jenn, and by that i mean would he back out so as not to be hurt if he saw R/J were getting along.

I can't stop either!
    I have it playing on my comp in the kitchen where I pretend to do very important house-wifely things!
    haha

Spoiler:
    If brain storm is going to be this much Mckeller. and maybe more, since well, he asked her on a date I'm going to be squeeing so much

Comment

Yes, I can imagine McKay seeing some Ronon/Jenn that maybe isn't really there, and then thinking jenn has chosen Ronon. I don't know though if he'd fight for Jenn, and by that i mean would he back out so as not to be hurt if he saw R/J were getting along.
      You know, I would have thought that was the case 100% a while back. We used to say on here, I remember, "Rodney wouldn't even know it if he was in a love triangle."

But "The Shrine" changed my thoughts on that. His connection is already incredibly deep. Before, we were sort of operating on the premise that he was just interested in her, and if that's all it was- interest that he hoped to act on- then yes, I could see him throwing in the towel and backing off. But now that we know
      Spoiler:
      he loves her,
      and having seen their interactions in Shrine, I really think he would fight for her.

And major credit to David and Jewel that all of that felt so obvious to me in the episode. I didn't have to try to spin or "interpret" anything, really, because it was just right there in their performances.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by trekie View Post
        Spoiler:
        My only problem with the episode was Ronon. He seemed a bit OOC for me. He's really not that much of a McKay fan to act the way he did. I'm not saying that he doesn't like McKay at all but he was way too emotionally invested than he should have been. I mean it's not like they really share that "special unspoken bond" that McKay insisted on in Sateda.
        Spoiler:
        I thought Ronon's behavior was a bit weird too, like he was too emotionally involved, but I think it's maybe because the whole thing reminds him of his grandfather's disease and brings back painful memories. I mean, he showed him how to track and hunt, he remembers the shrine even if he was only six, that show he was really attached to his grandfather so he's bound to still have feelings about it. I'm not saying he didn't care at all about McKay, but maybe he just felt even more involved and sad because of his memories of his grandfather.

The only moment I felt was really weird was the moment with him comforting Jeannie. I think it would've worked better with John there instead.

sigpic
        Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

Originally posted by Ethell View Post
          Spoiler:

The only moment I felt was really weird was the moment with him comforting Jeannie. I think it would've worked better with John there instead.

Yeah! How strange was that?

Spoiler:
          Everything about that scene just felt totally wrong and inauthentic to me. It really should have been John, but I think they were just trying to give Ronon something to do, to be honest.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
            haha

Spoiler:
            If brain storm is going to be this much Mckeller. and maybe more, since well, he asked her on a date I'm going to be squeeing so much
            Oh yea, I can't wait for Brain Storm! But it's sooo far away!
            sigpic
            Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

Oh yea, I can't wait for Brain Storm! But it's sooo far away!
              I know, how many episodes until Brain Storm???

BTW: I agree with you and KK about ronon.. It was.. Weird...

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                You know, I would have thought that was the case 100% a while back. We used to say on here, I remember, "Rodney wouldn't even know it if he was in a love triangle."

But "The Shrine" changed my thoughts on that. His connection is already incredibly deep. Before, we were sort of operating on the premise that he was just interested in her, and if that's all it was- interest that he hoped to act on- then yes, I could see him throwing in the towel and backing off. But now that we know
                Spoiler:
                he loves her,
                and having seen their interactions in Shrine, I really think he would fight for her.

And major credit to David and Jewel that all of that felt so obvious to me in the episode. I didn't have to try to spin or "interpret" anything, really, because it was just right there in their performances.
                I agree 100%, and I'm just so pumped that if he does fight for her, what great scenes they will be!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

There's a new McKeller story on ff.net for those interested, it's pretty good:
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4497732/...Our_Yesterdays
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

There's a new McKeller story on ff.net for those interested, it's pretty good:
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4497732/...Our_Yesterdays
                    Thats a great fic thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by trekie View Post
                      Yeah, I read about the Jason thing too. I think that's a bit of an overstatment on his part, that they're not even friends, but they're certainly not best buddies.
                      I took Jason's quote about Ronan and McKay not being friends a bit differently than others. I felt it was more like what Sheppard said to Ronan in "Sunday" that he only hangs out with Shep and Teyla. I think that's what Jason was talking about that Ronan wouldn't want to spend his free time with McKay, the two are such total opposites.

I think the way Ronan reacted to the situation, while different for him, was not that far OOC. Dying with honor is vital to Ronan, plus he'd already gone through this with his grandfather. I think that's what made it so important for Ronan to be involved in Rodney's care, and why it was so hard on him to see Rodney that way.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by KindlyKeller

They had some nice moments in S3 ("Tao" and "Sunday"), and those felt very genuine and came off well. I just didn't believe the ones in "Shrine" between them, either on their own merits or considering there were no signs of a friendship (or even much mutual respect) during S4 or the beginning of S5.

And yeah, sadly, something's got to go given time constraints. I realized we did have a moment of Teyla concern early on, when they're on top of the stargate in the flood, and she feels his forehead for a fever.
                        Exactly, "Tao" is a great example, that was totally believable, although it wasn't Ronon who did the first step - Rodney healing his scars - but at the end he come around (with that manly hug and all), and of course in Sunday he comforted Rodney about Carson's loss. That was really a nice touch. But yeah, in other episodes he mainly lashes out on McKay.

Oh, team on the gate, you just gotta love the team on the gate...

Originally Posted by atlantisk
                        Hey fuchsia!
                        I just can't stop watching the Shrine
                        Spoiler:
                        especially the end
                        Well, understandibly!

just spoiled for lenght
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        he loves her,

Originally Posted by fuchsia

I agree 100%, and I'm just so pumped that if he does fight for her, what great scenes they will be!
                        I sort of think that there won't be any real fighting over her. Probably the boys will figure out in Tracker that they both have a thing about her, (I know it's not a thing, he loves her, we so have proof) then Rodney will more likely freak, Ronon would kinda be suprised about it. Jenn will most likely bond with both of them in that ep, but I don't think that she would commit to either of them yet. Then there's the Lost Tribe, some more Ronon/Keller bonding, I'm not sure about what kind. You know it always could be the realization that they just not fit together, because obiviously Rodney gets the girl at the end hence Brain Storm. Well, I'm not entirely sure how serious their date will be, but I'm being positive about it. At least Ronon should be out of the picture by then.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is really OT guys but,
                          Spoiler:
                          I've been reading some amazing fanfics... some are SG1 some SGA lots of AU ones. If you're interested, here's the link

http://www.butcheredart.net/Fiction/
                          Unfortunately they are mixed in with stories from other fandoms. They are quite strange, but intensely written and compulsive reading when you get into them.

Apologies for the brief moment of shameful OTness.... GO TEAM MCKAY!!!!!!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            he loves her,

I really dont want to see Rodney have to fight for anybody, romanticly. I can imagine that if they go down that route Rodney will come of looking like an idiot and regress back to seasons past ,where he was the butt of many a joke and ridicule.

im not very good with triangles and potential hurt due to those kind of actions. personal life experiences has taught me that even if the other person does not follow through on there attraction, the hurt is just as bad becasue you can see they wanted too.

now that Keller is aware of Rodney's feelings to then engage in a heavy enough flirtation with Ronon, to cause Mckay to retaliate would be cringe worthy to watch and would give the fans who dislike Keller even more fodder to throw at our ship.

Rodney should be loved for being himself he should not need to turn tricks against ronon to prove that. my respect for keller would go down if it came accross that way. she knows him, understands him i just cant see her wanting two men fighting over her esp team mates and at a stretch friends.

knowing that this is the final season + maybe a movie. i would realy like them to treat the three of them maturely, which they have so far, but we are only 6 eps in and havent entered the triangle phase yet

sorry to be grumpy in the mckeller squee, but i worry that we are getting it to good and, well, the other shoe has got to fall at some point and will probably from a geat height as weve been spoiled by the shrine.

sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

This is really OT guys but,
                              Spoiler:
                              I've been reading some amazing fanfics... some are SG1 some SGA lots of AU ones. If you're interested, here's the link

http://www.butcheredart.net/Fiction/
                              Unfortunately they are mixed in with stories from other fandoms. They are quite strange, but intensely written and compulsive reading when you get into them.

Apologies for the brief moment of shameful OTness.... GO TEAM MCKAY!!!!!!
                              I hope to see more Mckeller fanfics soon (especially Adult McKeller fanfics ) which is possible as this pairing does appear to be getting more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                                I hope to see more Mckeller fanfics soon (especially Adult McKeller fanfics ) which is possible as this pairing does appear to be getting more popular.
                                It is getting more popular, I see more Members online on this thread, and more people who are just lurking and aren't members It's probably cause of the shrine.

Comment

Working...
                                X