Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
    Hi there. My main ship is McWeir, but obviously that has been blown out of the water. Then I ship McKeyla, but that has the same chance of happening as, say, the Philadelphia Eagles winning the Super Bowl (sorry, dad). Anyway, barring my two favorites, I think I like the idea of McKay and Keller. Much better than Katie and McKay, anyway. Like others have said, at least Keller has spunk. And they both seem to have the brave coward vibe going for them.

If TPTB do it well, you may see me here more often.
    Im guessing that isnt high. I only know of 1 player in the entire NFL and he plays for the Philadelphia Eagles. I was always a fan of Sav Rocca back when he played Aussie Rules back in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
      Hi there. My main ship is McWeir, but obviously that has been blown out of the water. Then I ship McKeyla, but that has the same chance of happening as, say, the Philadelphia Eagles winning the Super Bowl (sorry, dad). Anyway, barring my two favorites, I think I like the idea of McKay and Keller. Much better than Katie and McKay, anyway. Like others have said, at least Keller has spunk. And they both seem to have the brave coward vibe going for them.

If TPTB do it well, you may see me here more often.
      Hello! Welcome to the youngling of the Atlantis ships. I'm looking forward to seeing where McKeller ends up. Could be interesting...

You can probably guess what my main ship is from my sig, but I'm open to new ideas
      The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
      Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
      "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Chapter 3 of a McKeller story's gone up on ff.net:
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4098992/3/Radio_Nowhere
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I made two icons. Yeah, I think I'm gone.

I did the best I could with the quality of the screencaps. Can't wait till we get clear shiny HD screencaps.

Me too, I'm so predictable though, BUT tptb have a habit of not fleshing out their female characters unless they are attached to some guy. Ex Teyla, when they brought in Ronon she just suddenly got awesome imo.

I shall visit the blog of doom then. lol.
          Oh, those are beautiful...where did you get the caps?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leliana McKay View Post
            Kletnoka wrote on another thread a very disturbing or exciting news (depends on what you think) written on Jewel Staite's blog. I went to check and WOW!

Truth or not I'm surprise this wasn't posted before.

Season five spoiler?

Spoiler:
            From Jewel Staite's blog:

WOW!!!!
            Well, if what happens in the Last Man stays, we have a new storyline here! So McKay get's Jen pregnant or what?
            I am freaking out for season five! TPTB decided to keep the storyline they had for McKay is season five. Babies ? Are they getting married??
            This is too much for me to take on a sunday morning!

I'm 99.9% sure that was a joke. Sorry. I think all Jewel meant was that she doesn't know whether they will be putting her with Ronon or Rodney in S5. I actually think, though, with the (S5 spoilers)
            Spoiler:
            introduction of the Captain Vega character, that the chances of McKeller got better. Vega is the kind of character I could possibly see them putting with Ronon.
            We'll see how it goes though. The writers have never seemed to follow my logic when it comes to shipping.
            Last edited by Killdeer; 02 March 2008, 09:15 AM.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I hope that they don't start with all these shippy stuff...I admit I'm the biggest shipper there is...but these writers, I don't know I don't have too much faith in them and besides I like my actionscifidrama thank you very much...but certainly Keller and Rodney could be very interesting...but heck NO! I don't want any babies anytime soon for Rodney or Keller...I don't even want them going out yet, I just want that tension and playful banter between them first!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                I hope that they don't start with all these shippy stuff...I admit I'm the biggest shipper there is...but these writers, I don't know I don't have too much faith in them and besides I like my actionscifidrama thank you very much...but certainly Keller and Rodney could be very interesting...but heck NO! I don't want any babies anytime soon for Rodney or Keller...I don't even want them going out yet, I just want that tension and playful banter between them first!
                I agree.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Babies, playful banter, Shakespearean comedy - it's all good for me!
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I agree... I just hope they won't do another Rodney/Katie. I was so disappointed by the writers. They could have written an entertaining backstory but all we got was flat and tasteless.

I think Jewel was teasing or... you never know what alternate timelines will get you! *giggles*

We don't need another baby just yet, there's already one coming in season five. More and they might open a nursery...very scary thought!
                    Rodney+ baby= chaos in the lab!

Comment

Kletnoka wrote on another thread a very disturbing or exciting news (depends on what you think) written on Jewel Staite's blog. I went to check and WOW!

Truth or not I'm surprise this wasn't posted before.

Season five spoiler?

Spoiler:
                      From Jewel Staite's blog:

WOW!!!!
                      Well, if what happens in the Last Man stays, we have a new storyline here! So McKay get's Jen pregnant or what?
                      I am freaking out for season five! TPTB decided to keep the storyline they had for McKay is season five. Babies ? Are they getting married??
                      This is too much for me to take on a sunday morning!

No freaking way!!

Spoiler:
                      OMG!! Well, that's... wow. Can't say I would hate it as a storyline, but I would be surprised if TPTB did that so soon after Teyla's pregnancy, though I suppose as Jen isn't a main character... yes I know she'll be a regular next season, but that doesn't mean she'll be in more episodes. Carson wasn't, not really. And I did always think the 'Rodney as a father' storyline would be a really interesting one.

Hmm...

I'm also surprised Jewel would talk about it like that. That's a really major spoiler!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see... thanks for the update.
                      sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

We don't need another baby just yet, there's already one coming in season five. More and they might open a nursery...very scary thought!
                        Rodney+ baby= chaos in the lab!
                        No I agree - I don't want to see anymore babies.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I tend to agree with you as well... as much as I like the idea of the team being allowed to live their lives, babies on Atlantis would be a bit awkward...

TLM spoilers
                          Spoiler:
                          From JS' blog it seems that Jen is pregnant by Rodney in TLM. Ok. We know that at the end of TLM the timeline is reset... so maybe she goes back to her normal state and only John knows about it - which will be super funny. I can imagine the look he would give the two of them when he got back.

Though the way JS worded it was like by the end of TLM, when the timeline is reset, she's still pregnant... which would mean either it doesn't reset properly, or that she and Rodney are already seeing each other secretly. Hmm. *insert teal'c eyebrow raise here* It's certainly intriguing, anyway, and I'm now even more psyched for TLM!
                          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                            I tend to agree with you as well... as much as I like the idea of the team being allowed to live their lives, babies on Atlantis would be a bit awkward...

TLM spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            From JS' blog it seems that Jen is pregnant by Rodney in TLM. Ok. We know that at the end of TLM the timeline is reset... so maybe she goes back to her normal state and only John knows about it - which will be super funny. I can imagine the look he would give the two of them when he got back.

Though the way JS worded it was like by the end of TLM, when the timeline is reset, she's still pregnant... which would mean either it doesn't reset properly, or that she and Rodney are already seeing each other secretly. Hmm. *insert teal'c eyebrow raise here* It's certainly intriguing, anyway, and I'm now even more psyched for TLM!
                            Actually, I thought JS's blog was referring to S5 episodes. They'd already finished shooting S4 when she wrote that, hadn't they? And I'm certain the baby thing is a joke anyway.

Guess we'll see in a few days.
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 02 March 2008, 10:19 AM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey all,

Long time SG watcher and long time lurker on these boards, first time poster.....obviously.

After watching Kindred I/II (disappointed) and seeing the previews for TLM (apprehensive) I felt the urge to rise up from obscurity and relay my thoughts aloud.

First order of business, McKeller.
                              Personally, I couldn't be happier for Mckay. I was never on board the Rodney/Katie ship. I never understood that relationship in the first place or what he even really saw in her. That seems to be completely the fault of the writers, however. She had far too passive a personality (or at least what we saw of her seemed to portray that) to form an equal partnership with Mckay. She did draw out the compassionate and sweet side of Rodney which I did enjoy seeing, so I'll be grateful to her and the writers for that, but mostly Rodney was just seemed out of his element when he was around her - not comfortable at all most of the time.

Keller on the other hand I can see holding her own with Rodney and this was actually evidenced in Trio. I must admit that I was one of those that saw nothing but friendship in her offer of a drink after the ordeal and I do still firmly believe in that initial view. Whatever happens between them to lead up to that scene in the previews will more than likey occur in TLM and I can't wait.

I may be one of the few (along with my fellow posters in this thread) that doesn't actually hate the character of Keller. In fact, I like her. I never saw her as an annoying or whiny character even considering the episode 'Missing'. For a person who'd hardly ever been off world and had most certainly never been placed in that type of situation before, I thought her actions were most realistic.

I also can't agree with all the fuss surrounding her actions towards Mckay following her 'moment' with Ronan in Quarantine. Maybe in didn't work out for those two. Who knows. Who cares. Was she supposed to cease all relations (platonic or otherwise) with the opposite sex simply because she and Ronan almost shared a kiss? Bah. I am far from being a promiscuous person alive but neither am I prudish enough to bandy about the terms, 'slut' and 'charlatan' for her actions in Trio as some have.

I now realise that this post has gotten far longer and a tad more OT than I had intended, so to concude and to also go back on topic I'll say this;
                              I'm not much of a shipper but after seeing Duet and Critical Mass, I'll admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the witty repartee between Mckay and Cadman and a tiny part (okay, not so tiny a part but whatever) hoped that Cadman would be back, Katie would go away, Mckay would cease to be so creeped out, and we's have tiny red-headed Mckay clones running around. Or something like that but you get my point. Barring that, I'll settle for Keller.

There is a definite potential for friendship and understanding between them, one I never saw between him and Katie and call me an idealist or a romantic or what-have-you but I consider this to be vitally important in any sort of relationship. She can more than hold her own in a conversation with him and has, and has the ability to call him on his lesser attributes. Also vitally important in any relationship, romantic or otherwise. And while I doubt the actions in TLM will stick considering what we know of the storyline, I personally am holding out for this relationship to play out....just not on the show.....cause the writers would kill it and the characters and then I would be out of a favourite character and I would hate Keller and possibly the show and I'd be out of Friday night viewing. Fics will do however....they will do perfectly well....so get cracking.

Damn.....that was.....long. Sorry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Me too. No more babies, kids, cute robots or furlings! It's too distracting from the main characters, who are totally cute enough as it is, especially a certain snarky astrophysicist I could mention, and his new perky medical doctor pal/possibly future something more.

Comment

Working...
                                X