Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    YKick, I used something called Screen Hunter a while back. After the trial period, all the captures will have a stamp on them, but for the first 30 days, I think you can just use it normally.
    I use a nifty little DVD player program called CyberLink Power DVD. It has a screen capture feature and lets you set your pixel height and width for the captures so you can get the correct aspect ration. I like it better than Windows Media Player for simple playback as well, because it will do frame advance, slow forward and reverse, etc., which helps you locate the frames you want to capture. Alas, it is not freeware, but it is a fairly reasonable $49.95.

And, GE17:

Spoiler:
    Certainly life can throw some crazy twists at you, but even in the events you described above, isn't it the outside forces that are making you work, not the relationship itself? I'll be honest- considering I haven't been married or had kids, I can't possibly comment on the realities of those situations, except to say that I think any worthwhile relationship can survive such things. I'm happy to hear that yours has.
    Hi KK!

Spoiler:
    Not to get too philosophical, or anything, but I don't believe the relationship can be, if you'll pardon the term, divorced from its internal and external contexts - both in terms of specific events and the passage of time.

People are not static. They grow and learn and change. The person you are today is not generally the same as who you will be 10, 20, 30+ years out. It can be a change in career, an illness, a woman's decision to work or stay home with the kid(s), whatever. These things change us in small but important ways that accumulate over time.

How you approach the problems of daily life comes fundamentally from who you are at that moment. Just as each individual is not static, so is the relationship also not static - it must be continually reformed and adapted to respond both to the changes in the participating individuals and the changes/stresses/influences of the external environment (jobs, kids/family, finances). That is the "work" of the relationship.

Even people who have relatively problem and stress free lives risk growing apart if they do not work on their relationship. The classic example is the couple who did everything together, but then he goes on with his career while she stays home with the kids. They become engrossed in their own separate worlds until suddenly the kids are gone and they find they have nothing in common anymore. The greater the individual changes and/or the greater the external stresses, the more relationship work will be required to forge the joint approach to life's challenges.

So, relationship work should not be thought of as a bad thing indicative of a problem relatiohship. Instead, it is more the multivitamin that you should take everyday to help keep things running smoothly.

Hope that made some sense. Your mileage may vary. We are, after all, individuals!

Comment

I use Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1, it's free and open source, it comes packaged with K-Lite codec pack. Or you can find it separately. it has screen cap and stepping, though no backwards stepping.

I use Screen Hunter 5.0 Pro for all my screen shots except screen caps from videos, I could you ScreenHunter if I wanted though.
      Last edited by Col. Newman; 03 August 2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
        Hi KK!

Spoiler:
        Not to get too philosophical, or anything, but I don't believe the relationship can be, if you'll pardon the term, divorced from its internal and external contexts - both in terms of specific events and the passage of time.

People are not static. They grow and learn and change. The person you are today is not generally the same as who you will be 10, 20, 30+ years out. It can be a change in career, an illness, a woman's decision to work or stay home with the kid(s), whatever. These things change us in small but important ways that accumulate over time.

How you approach the problems of daily life comes fundamentally from who you are at that moment. Just as each individual is not static, so is the relationship also not static - it must be continually reformed and adapted to respond both to the changes in the participating individuals and the changes/stresses/influences of the external environment (jobs, kids/family, finances). That is the "work" of the relationship.

Even people who have relatively problem and stress free lives risk growing apart if they do not work on their relationship. The classic example is the couple who did everything together, but then he goes on with his career while she stays home with the kids. They become engrossed in their own separate worlds until suddenly the kids are gone and they find they have nothing in common anymore. The greater the individual changes and/or the greater the external stresses, the more relationship work will be required to forge the joint approach to life's challenges.

So, relationship work should not be thought of as a bad thing indicative of a problem relatiohship. Instead, it is more the multivitamin that you should take everyday to help keep things running smoothly.

Hope that made some sense. Your mileage may vary. We are, after all, individuals!
        Hello there, GE...

Spoiler:
        I think we may actually be closer in our views than it seemed. It sounds like you're saying that, while it takes considerable energy and understanding of where each person is in their own respective life, this "work" doesn't come out of a begrudging sense of obligation, but an earnest desire to keep the relationship strong.

Or am I just misinterpreting your eloquent post?

As a general rule, though, I couldn't presume to comment on marriage with children when I've only observed it, not experienced it.

I guess I have a lot waiting for me down the road.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
          yes, it's amazing

Spoiler:
          i loved the reaction too. he looked a little firghtened, but then when he saw Torren's face, and said "hey little guy" he looked like he was enjoying it a lot, and it really touched me.

Spoiler:
          I'm so happy that the whole thing with Katie didn't happen...that would've been horrible on so many levels. (i'm probably a little biased saying that, but still.

same here. i really hope that they don't pull a Jack/Sam as well. that would just kill me!!!

i really don't know how i want mckeller to be confirmed on screen. another kiss would be nice, but i would also love the little scenes as well. like catching each other's eye in the briefing room, or him going to just say hi to her in the infirmary. although i don't have complete faith in TPTB, since they've been handling mckeller so well this season, it's made me feel a little more at ease about it.
          I would probably agree with all of you guys, I think that Mckeller should be taken slowly, I don't want things to go to fast, because theres just no fun in that. I would love another kiss... But not one like in TLM. I don't want it to be really subtle, since that's just not enough for me...

Comment

I was just looking up some quotes n SGA, when I fell on this :

Spoiler:
            Another element of the episode is the little frisson between Keller and the ever-irascible Dr. Rodney McKay. Staite is happy that the writers have chosen to explore their relationship a little more, even so early in the season.

“I really like that McKay is sort of letting his guard down, and everyone’s going, ‘Why do you care so much about what kind of state she’s in?’” says the actress. “I think it shows that he definitely has feelings for her, and especially through the later episodes of season five things definitely start to heat up in that department.”

And this :
            Spoiler:
            Bringing along Dr. Jennifer Keller as his date, McKay returns to Earth for the event.
            That's a spoiler for the Brain storm, witch is an episode in season five

Am I the only one here that is really getting excited about them??? Because, I really think this is going too be a great season
            Last edited by atlantisk; 03 August 2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah, if it were to go nowhere after all of this nice build-up, it would be pretty depressing (especially if it was in favor of Ronon/Jen, which hasn't had any build-up at all). Poor S/J shippers have been strung along since like Season 4. This wouldn't be as epic in scale, but it certainly would be irritating!
              correction since season one... and yes we're still waiting!! The good thing about mckeller is that they actually CAN be together

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
              I was just looking up some quotes n SGA, when I fell on this :

Spoiler:
              Another element of the episode is the little frisson between Keller and the ever-irascible Dr. Rodney McKay. Staite is happy that the writers have chosen to explore their relationship a little more, even so early in the season.

“I really like that McKay is sort of letting his guard down, and everyone’s going, ‘Why do you care so much about what kind of state she’s in?’” says the actress. “I think it shows that he definitely has feelings for her, and especially through the later episodes of season five things definitely start to heat up in that department.”

And this :
              Spoiler:
              Bringing along Dr. Jennifer Keller as his date, McKay returns to Earth for the event.
              That's a spoiler for the Brain storm, witch is an episode in season five

Am I the only one here that is really getting excited about them??? Because, I really think this is going too be a great season
              I only have one thing to had.
              Spoiler:
              SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
              + = It's a simple mathematical fact
              And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis sg1 View Post
                correction since season one... and yes we're still waiting!! The good thing about mckeller is that they actually CAN be together

I only have one thing to had.
                Spoiler:
                SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
                i'm going to join in on that one:
                SQUEE!
                thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

I'm going to SQUEE too, since I just rewatch The seed And those spoilers made my day so a big SQUEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
                    I'm going to SQUEE too, since I just rewatch The seed And those spoilers made my day so a big SQUEEEE
                    i love the seed. i brought it off of itunes just because of the mckeller moments!

congrats to us on hitting PAGE 80!!!!
                    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                      i love the seed. i brought it off of itunes just because of the mckeller moments!

congrats to us on hitting PAGE 80!!!!
                      I'm going to buy for the same reason!! There are so many Mckeller moments Ok, well just one or two, but that's what makes it so Good

Wow! let's see how long it takes too hit 100 pages

Comment

The seed is sooooo mckeller!!! the way Mckay is like really concerned about Keller not having any sleep and his face when it takes time for keller to answer... soooo cute!!!!!

EDIT: congrats on 80 pages everybody!!!

Comment

Theres also the scene with mckay not wanting to intrud on keller sleeping awww
                          Last edited by atlantis sg1; 03 August 2008, 12:08 PM. Reason: oups wrong thread :P

Comment

Ok, true, there is a lot of Mckeller moments, witch makes the episode so much better Got to admit, there was also Keller saying that Mckay suprises her sometimes, and just the looks

Comment

oh ya!!!!! at that moment you can just see Tayla going (in her head)
                              Really?I smell a future couple...

in my mind, teyla's the first shipper!! gooo teyla

Comment

Yeah, the conversation in the Seed between Teyla and Jenn was the best part (not counting the other McKeller moments). It felt so familiar with Teyla's child demanding constant movement (my best friend became a father of a little girl a month ago and they named me her godfather ).

Jenn/Jewel looked so damn cute when she mentioned Rodney telling Beckett the recent news.
                                sigpic
                                Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                                RIP Nuada

Comment

Working...
                                X